Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 54 55 56
By Quiznor 2013-06-13 07:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Sugarush said: »
If I wanted to play Devil May Cry, I would buy DMC. Why are they going this direction??

I dont understand why people are now complaining about the battle system... it's been known for a VERY long time that it was different than previous FF
Reminds me of Kingdom Hearts, so I don't get it either.

People have a natural reaction to change,for better or worse.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
It's different if they do it because they need to in order to complete the story and not just because they need the money. Guess we'll have to see which it is.

with how long this game/engine has and will continue to be in production (on top of that,next gen now) I'm 99.9% sure its already gonna be to recoup losses
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-13 07:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It definitely does resemble KH battle system, however some people may not like that which is understandable. What I dont understand is why NOW are they complaining like they just dropped a major bomb. Versus XIII gameplay was shown a while ago so its nothing new...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Archeim
Server: Phoenix
user: Archeim
By Phoenix.Archeim 2013-06-13 08:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing final fantasy games since i drooled over FF1's impending release in my nintendo power.

That being said I agree that 11 and 14 shouldnt have been numbered entries. I will buy XV however i also dont think it should have been a numbered entry. I really do miss the more turn based or ATB based RPG's. Everything is an action RPG lately.

I hated KH when it came out. I like to feel like a badass in games, (because i am so NOT one in real life) and beating up people with a key while donald duck or goofy tells me how great i am (how you doin today gary busey?) didnt make me feel too badass. I had the game as a gamestop employee checkout (when it came out, long since NOT a gamestop employee) and i turned it in early... they asked me why... and i said "I'm too angry to play this game."

Very happy it (FFXV) is coming out on xbox one, as that is the system i am getting first. Yes, it's going to be great... i just miss me some JRPG's.

Hey Konami... can you release Suikoden 6 already? And can Mistwalker make a Lost Odyssey 2?
By Ophannus 2013-06-13 08:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the main character will be proficient in all weapons and can change them on the fly to suit his needs. It reminds me of Secret of Mana ring system, except in this game that ring acts like a badass barrier.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Quiznor 2013-06-13 09:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
I guess the main character will be proficient in all weapons and can change them on the fly to suit his needs. It reminds me of Secret of Mana ring system, except in this game that ring acts like a badass barrier.

And that secret of mana is the best game in history :x
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-13 09:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
a game that most may think is just aimed to children.
I still have traumas from playing Chains of memories, days and 2 <.< worse than Dumbo and Bambi.
 Phoenix.Archeim
By Phoenix.Archeim 2013-06-13 09:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Archeim said: »
I hated KH when it came out. I like to feel like a badass in games, (because i am so NOT one in real life) and beating up people with a key while donald duck or goofy tells me how great i am (how you doin today gary busey?) didnt make me feel too badass.

Your opinion vs others, try and keep an open mind about everything. There is a lot that a KH title offers other than Disney characters that pat you on the back and say good job, the above is just one of my fav segments that someone posted. It really shows off what kind of difficulty you can be put up against in a game that most may think is just aimed to children.

Exactly... my opinion. Which is what i was stating. I know a lot of people who like the game and the series. I was stating my opinion in which i am not one of them.

There is a quote that goes something like "Don't be so open minded, that your brains fall out."
 Bahamut.Liuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Liuu
By Bahamut.Liuu 2013-06-13 10:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind a more action based Final Fantasy. I don't mind the move away from turn-based-combat either, or even the lore that the series is known for to a degree, as long as the standalone game is good it doesn't matter so much.

The problem starts when the RPG elements get sucked out of the game. No one likes linear corridors with no exploration, combat that is constantly staged for story events, no real inventory system, a nonsensical story with completely unrelatable characters, a rigid level system that allows only a certain amount of experience per game area, and of course, no side-quests or related reason/option for going off from the main scenario for a change of pace.

The FFXV trailer and combat gameplay video both looked fantastic, normally that would have been enough for me, however after FFXIII it's not. I'm fearful that the rest of the game will suffer from the same short-sightedness.

FFXV will be the first Final Fantasy since VI (not including all the spinoffs) that will NOT be a day-1 purchase for me. FFXIII was the last straw in that regard and I no longer trust SE to provide a "good" experience (it was once a "great" experience I expected.) Now I'm going to wait for reviews before purchasing, and if there's a whiff of semblance to FFXIII in the next offering, then I'm out completely.

FFIX for me was the last great Final Fantasy. I enjoyed FFX and could understand the direction they were taking, but since that, the series has lost the magic it had (probably the Sakaguchi influence) and constantly fail to make emotionally gripping stories. FFXII was the same, and while I believe it had excellent gameplay mechanics and combat system, it was VOID of any worthwhile story whatsoever. I honestly couldn't give a **** about any of the characters and I found myself wondering why I kept playing after hours and hours.

All of the great current gen JRPGs came from outside of SE. Tales of Vesperia, Valkyria Chronicles, Ni No Kuni and one of my now all time favourite JRPGs, Lost Odyssey. These games were special, had emotionally engaging characters with distinct and relatable personalities. Lost Odyssey itself contained more emotional character grunt in a single "Thousand Years of Dreams" sequence than the entirety of FFXII and FFXIII had together. The game wasn't perfect, many aspects of the gameplay and combat system annoyed me, but it didn't matter so much because it did the important thing right, it portrayed the emotional impact of the story events on a relatable character level and it pulled the player right in.

If you are sceptical about the strength of the story, then go watch the "Lirum Death" video on youtube, or the "Saving Sarah" video. These two single events in the game exemplify the strength of what JRPGs should be about. Oh and guess who was the writer? Sakaguchi.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-13 10:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Liuu said: »
Sakaguchi
Missed forever. He stated himself however that he will not work with SE ever again. I guess the -enix came with views that he didn't share.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-13 10:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I hated KH when it came out. I like to feel like a badass in games, (because i am so NOT one in real life) and beating up people with a key while donald duck or goofy tells me how great i am (how you doin today gary busey?) didnt make me feel too badass.

Your opinion vs others, try and keep an open mind about everything. There is a lot that a KH title offers other than Disney characters that pat you on the back and say good job, the above is just one of my fav segments that someone posted. It really shows off what kind of difficulty you can be put up against in a game that most may think is just aimed to children.

This is such a bad *** fight.
By Therin 2013-06-13 10:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing final fantasy games since i drooled over FF1's impending release in my nintendo power.

Not to nitpick, but Nintendo Power didn't exist when FFI came out.

In other news, this looks atrocious. It should NOT be a true Final Fantasy.. Really, SE? Is ANYONE ever going to make a true RPG again?
 Asura.Squal
Server: Asura
By Asura.Squal 2013-06-13 11:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Therin said: »

In other news, this looks atrocious. It should NOT be a true Final Fantasy.. Really, SE? Is ANYONE ever going to make a true RPG again?

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-13 11:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Turn-based combat on next gen just feels like it's holding the game back imo. If you want turn-based combat you can always pick up one of the dozen RPGs released for the DS or 3DS.

Also why are you guys raging over this game now when we've known for 7 years that it was gonna be an action RPG? Because they changed the name? Lol.
 Lakshmi.Mineyl
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mineyl
By Lakshmi.Mineyl 2013-06-13 11:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Sugarush said: »
If I wanted to play Devil May Cry, I would buy DMC. Why are they going this direction??

I dont understand why people are now complaining about the battle system... it's been known for a VERY long time that it was different than previous FF
Probably because the game was not a main series entry until just a few days ago; it's much more acceptable to me for them to try new things on their spin-offs (or SaGa, God rest its soul). I'm not going to say SE should change it back to something more becoming of Final Fantasy, but I'd be lying if I said the full-on action game approach wasn't disheartening to me as a series veteran. Here's to hoping the game is actually good in spite of this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-06-13 11:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont care the game is an action RPG as Final Fantasy has always been played for the story and character development rather than the ATB system. ATB is a dying breed and even the Tales/Star Ocean system of a limited battlefield where you actively participate in combat is an improvement over it.

I don't hate ATB but when you're portraying a world with so much graphical prowess it seems silly to slog it down with a turn-based system rather than giving the player more to do than allocate potions.

If SE can manage to make me give a ***about these teens and the world they live in while keeping the Final Fantasy themes like moogles, adamantoises, behemoths, cactuars, iron giants interesting and avoid the dreaded checkpoint-style story progression then I'm all for it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-13 11:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Class system please!!
[+]
 Phoenix.Dinah
By Phoenix.Dinah 2013-06-13 11:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

...and here I was thinking FFXIV:ARR was going to be about pirates.

XV looks interesting, but I'd love an old school twist. XIII was terribad the first time I tried to play through it, but I started again about a week ago and I'm loving it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Archeim
By Phoenix.Archeim 2013-06-13 12:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Therin said: »

I will even do you both one better. Issue 12. With Super C on the cover. (I had signed up for the nintendo fun club right when it ended, and they sent me the first issue of nintendo power instead)

Read it and weep. Interestingly enough there was a contest to see who could first find Warmech and take a picture.

Nintendo Power Issue 12 Final Fantasy

edit: i also remember being a stupid kid and thinking that when you see the credits after you complete the first section with garland thinking i beat the game.

edit x2: Dinah (you ***) I enjoyed XIII for what it was, i enjoyed XIII-2 a lot.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-13 12:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

everyone huttburt over the game being action based and not turn style needs to remember this game IS Final Fantasy Versus 13. A spinoff game that was to be released along with 13. (same world, diff timelines/game)

This game has been in development for over 7years now......It's made by the main KH Development team. So can we just be *** glad it's actually coming out? >.>;

I honestly believe that because it will play like KH that it will do so well.

Also; Since FF13-3 and 14 are almost done, I believe SE is going to start on FF16 for PS4 using the luminous engine (agni's Philosophy) pretty soon. Wouldn't be suprised if they had a trailer of the game ready by next E3.

(not to mention SE came out and said they are going to work on lowering the window between blockbuster game releases; as said in their last shareholder meeting)
[+]
 Phoenix.Archeim
By Phoenix.Archeim 2013-06-13 12:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
everyone huttburt over the game being action based and not turn style needs to remember this game IS Final Fantasy Versus 13. A spinoff game that was to be released along with 13. (same world, diff timelines/game)

This game has been in development for over 7years now......It's made by the main KH Development team. So can we just be *** glad it's actually coming out? >.>;

Also; Since FF13-3 and 14 are almost done, I believe SE is going to start on FF16 for PS4 using the luminous engine (agni's Philosophy) pretty soon. Wouldn't be suprised if they had a trailer of the game ready by next E3.

(not to mention SE came out and said they are going to work on lowering the window between blockbuster game releases; as said in their last shareholder meeting)

Well Dragonmaster Ghaleon (if you go by what they called him in Lunar 2) Hopefully now all the FF games will be multi-platform. As soon as i found out XV is coming for the Xbox One it means i can delay my PS4 acquisition a little while longer.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-13 12:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

Well Dragonmaster Ghaleon (if you go by what they called him in Lunar 2) Hopefully now all the FF games will be multi-platform. As soon as i found out XV is coming for the Xbox One it means i can delay my PS4 acquisition a little while longer.

+1 for Playing Lunar. (miss the ***out of that game)

Though; I don't understand what you are trying to say.

You are going to wait on getting a ps4 for what? to spend 100$ more and play on a console that is simply inferior?. Gonna quote a post i wrote for some tardis in the E3 Thread, you can read more of what i was explaining about the next gen consoles in there.

Quote:
The Ps3 used a different CPU architecture Called the "Cell Processor", it made it incredibly hard from a Developers standpoint to reprogram all of their utilities and graphic engine programs to work with this, so rather than starting from the ground up and making a game purely for ps3 to handle it's better graphics and gaming power, most games just copy+pasta after building it either on pc or more frequently on the xbox 360.

yes, that's right, the reason why most games look exactly the same or even sometimes WORSE on ps3, was because it was literally just a paste from what was made for the 360, because of how hard and costly it was to develop for the PS3 Cell Processor.

edit- would like to add something important to this point.

These next gen consoles are now on the same playing field in terms of how they are being programmed. They are essentially all programed for PC then ported over to the console and the only restriction is hardware. Let me say that again rq; The only retriction for games this generation will be hardware. There WILL be a noticable difference this time around for an xbox one port version a ps4 version. Or even the PC version.

Because these games will be tailered to run on the hardware of those consoles, you WILL (I guess "should" would be the more proper word here) notice a difference.
 Phoenix.Archeim
By Phoenix.Archeim 2013-06-13 13:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

in the interest of not totally derailing the thread and turning it into another xbox/ps thread... i just sent you a pm.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-13 19:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Tetsuya Nomura to attend E3 this year
by Erren Van DuineJune 10, 2013

The second episode of Square Enix’s mdRadio has shown up a bit early – arriving a day ahead of schedule for some reason or another.

While Nomura neglected to talk about Final Fantasy Versus XIII this time – instead reflecting on how fans have been clamoring for a The World End With You sequel and how he’d like to create one – he did sound off on the fact that he will be making his way over to E3 this year.

While Nomura will be attending for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX promotion, he explains there is “certain information to be announced at E3″ which he can’t talk about at this moment. He goes on to say “however, I feel like everyone knows what this information will be anyway.”

It’s been three years since Nomura last attended E3 – previously having done so for the reveal of Nintendo’s 3DS system along with the announcement of Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]. Given the timing and the loads of hints, rumors, leaks or otherwise leading up to this year it seems the timing for Versus XIII’s reveal is coming to a head.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-13 19:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

E3 2013: Final Fantasy Versus XIII is Now Final Fantasy XV
Nova Fabula Crystallis lives on.
by Andrew GoldfarbJune 10, 2013

During the Sony E3 conference today, Square Enix once again revealed Final Fantasy Versus XIII, which has been re-branded as Final Fantasy XV.

Square Enix says "while the main concept, world and story continue to be developed as originally envisioned, the First Production Development Team has further improved Final Fantasy XV’s action, gameplay elements and graphic quality to match the technology of the next generation hardware, as well as the expectations of players eagerly awaiting the game’s release."

Little is known about the story other than the following short blurb: "The armed forces of Niflheim launch a devastating assault upon the Kingdom of Lucis, casting Crown Prince Noctis and his comrades out of their homes and into the fray. The engaging tale to follow draws audiences into an awe-inspiring world steeped in the rich storytelling traditions of Square Enix’s renowned First Production Development team."

Final Fantasy Versus XIII was first announced in 2006, but Square Enix has been mostly silent about the title recently, aside from confirming that it wasn't canceled. Today, Square Enix said "the title’s development expanded and evolved to take full advantage of the capabilities of next generation platforms."

Today's announcement confirms news from February that the title is shifting to next-gen and follows up on Square Enix's promise at the PlayStation 4 reveal conference that a new title would be unveiled at E3.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-13 19:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

‘Final Fantasy Versus XIII’ announced as "Final Fantasy XV" for PS4, new footage
by Matt FurtadoJune 10, 2013

Square Enix's Tetsuya Nomura spoke via video at Sony’s E3 2013 press conference and stunned the audience when the company officially announced that “Final Fantasy Versus XIII” is now known as "Final Fantasy XV."

"Final Fantasy XV" will be released on PS4. Watch the first gameplay footage of "Final Fantasy XV" here.

“Final Fantasy Versus XIII” has been one of the most mysterious and illusive titles of the generation. Originally announced in 2006 alongside “Final Fantasy XIII” and “Final Fantasy Type-0,” the title soon went missing with only vague mentions from Square Enix over the years.

Likewise, the title was once declared cancelled, however, Square Enix quickly denied these claims and reaffirmed that “Versus XIII” was still in development.

Soon after the cancelled rumors were refuted, rumors of the “Versus XIII” going to the next-gen began to surface. We reported earlier this year that “Final Fantasy Versus XIII” would be released on PS4 as "Final Fantasy XV."

In 2012, Square Enix shared that development of “Final Fantasy Versus XIII” has been slow with the majority of the development staff busy working on “Final Fantasy XIV”.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-13 19:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy 15 coming to Xbox One
by Alexa Ray CorrieaJune 11, 2013

Final Fantasy 15 will launch worldwide on Xbox One as well as on PlayStation 4, Square Enix announced today during a presentation on the Final Fantasy franchise.

Final Fantasy 15 is the rebranding of Final Fantasy Versus 13, which was announced at E3 2006.

"It was a huge amount of joy that we were finally able to announce Final Fantasy 15," said producer Shinji Hashimoto.

When asked why the company decided to publish for the Xbox One, he added that in order to reach the most fans, Square Enix has to flexible regarding which platforms their games will launch on.

Final Fantasy 15 is being developed with DirectX 11, which Hashimoto said made it possible to port the title to different hardware. This has made it possible for the company to launch the game on Xbox One as well, he said.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-13 19:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy XV may branch off into new stories
We could be seeing these guys for a long time
by Jonathan HolmesJune 11, 2013

Final Fantasy XIII was a first for the series in that it received not one but two direct sequels. It sounds like Final Fantasy XV may follow the same pattern. According to Square-Enix's Shinki Hashimoto- "because Final Fantasy XV is such a large scale game with a great stories, many stories may come of it at later time."

That could mean DLC, full retail releases, or something else entirely.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-13 19:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Final Fantasy an action series now? Square answers
Each game to be evaluated as it happens
by Jim SterlingJune 11, 2013

There's no doubt that recent Final Fantasy games have shifted to a more action-oriented style, and Square Enix today answered a question some fans may have on their lips -- is Final Fantasy an action series now?

Square's Shinji Hashimato was on hand to say that the move to action is "not a trend," and that the company evaluates each gameplay shift.

"For Final Fantasy XV, we have action packed game system, but that doesn't mean the next title will be a similar thing," he said. "And we aren't ready to talk about the next game."

He also spoke of the level of challenge in XV, stating it'll have a flexible difficulty level, and be a game that's easy to play.

"[An] action based RPG fits XV, that's why we chose this. For people like me, I want a game that's easy to operate. [We're] asking the dev team to be flexible about difficulty level. I want you to understand that the Final Fantasy series is always evolving, always challenging. This is a change JUST for XV."

The basic message is that, whatever happens with Final Fantasy XV, it doesn't represent a definitive change for the series, and that each Final Fantasy game should be judges as its own entity. A little worrying phrasing, since it seems to be geared toward preparing against an onslaught of angry fans.

Here's hoping it's actually a great game, though! I want to play a really good main FF entry again.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 54 55 56