Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-06-11 11:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
I have decided I am nothing but SE's battered wife.

no matter how many times I get burnt, I am still dreaming about how fantastic 15 could be, & there's no way they'd hurt me again.

You'll eventually learn that there's no way to cook the roast correctly.

you'd think after 13 I would have........
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-06-11 11:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I was kind of hoping they'd step back from the modern or futuristic and give us something more medieval for XV.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-06-11 11:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Synria said: »
So I wonder what FFXV Agni's Philosophy is going to be now.

Wasn't that just a test demo?
It was just a tech demo yes not an actual game.

As for the different combat system in verses/XV we have known what it was like for 2 years now, maybe more. What makes a game Final Fantasy to me is that it is reinvented with each entry, sequel games included, so I know for better or worse I'm getting something new not just a rehash of a companies "Win" formula. With that in mind I say bring it SE.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-11 11:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

KH and FF are my 2 favorite game series by far so I was pretty excited when I first got a look at XV (previously Versus XIII) a while back. To me it looks a combination of them both. I have high hopes for XV and cant wait till its released.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-11 11:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Eh, I was kind of hoping they'd step back from the modern or futuristic and give us something more medieval for XV.

I don't think FF will be able to go back to the "Fantasy" feel until they get over re-releasing the older ones. After all, the new ones will have to differentiate themselves somehow.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-06-11 11:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Not sure what to think. FFXV was a spectacle, but that's my problem with modern shooters, they're usually just spectacle with rails guiding you from setpiece to setpiece.

Also looks a little too much like 8. Trying to ground it more in "Realism" but still with summons and ***. Then again, 12 didn't even have summons, all the Avatars/Espers were just airships (Which I thought was actually kind of cool)

Kinda funny, I'm playing 12 right now with my boyfriend.. and whereas I didn't finish it/like parts of it back when I played it by myself, I find myself liking it a hell of a lot more now.

And the thing with 12 is almost all of the Espers are hidden, except for about.. 4? you get from the story line, so you have to go hunting for them on your own or look for a guide.

12's System reminds me of 13 where as 12 you were able to control what the characters did automatically and change it on a whim to see fit for each battle, and 13 they just did it for you with a more simplistic system.

...I'm kind of torn on this "turning it into an action RPG" deal. Whereas I can understand why they would take this route to "freshen" up the name... It's almost crying "BETRAYAL" to the loyal fans that to this day still look at the older games to play several times over again.

I could be just more simplistic as how a "RPG" should be.. but Final Fantasy and "Action RPG" to me doesn't mix. 13 seemed to try to go towards that direction without abandoning the main RPG elements and failed in my eyes... so it will be interesting to see what they do.

..Ramble ramble ramble.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sevvy
Server: Bahamut
user: Sevvy
By Bahamut.Sevvy 2013-06-11 11:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the fact of the matter is that they dont have to pay for development of a new XV game now. We all knew Versus XIII was going to come out eventually because of the fan interest in it, so why not rename it XV and save the millions of dollars that it would cost to create a new game. We all know there would have been a XV eventually, this is a move to cut costs.
 Bahamut.Vaashe
Server: Bahamut
user: Vaashe
By Bahamut.Vaashe 2013-06-11 11:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel Square-Enix is just exploring new horizons with the way XV plays. This actually is a good thing rather than the same old routine with different characters. Don't get me wrong, I love turn-based RPGs, but XV looks great as an action RPG and I think it's going to revive Final Fantasy because lets face it....XIII was good, but not good enough...
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-06-11 11:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
I agree with that.. futuristic is nice but going old school wouldn't hurt it, either.

Just reminds you of all the other futuristic games out there now and not the distinguishable "Final Fantasy".
[+]
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2013-06-11 11:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just been confirmed it is also coming to the Xbone. KH3 also for the Xbone.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-11 11:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sevvy said: »
I think the fact of the matter is that they dont have to pay for development of a new XV game now. We all knew Versus XIII was going to come out eventually because of the fan interest in it, so why not rename it XV and save the millions of dollars that it would cost to create a new game. We all know there would have been a XV eventually, this is a move to cut costs.

I think it's exactly the opposite, they spent too much money on FFv13, but most FF spin-offs don't sell that well compare with main series, may as well rename it to FF15 to sell more.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-11 11:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cahlum said: »
Just been confirmed it is also coming to the Xbone. KH3 also for the Xbone.

Still wont save it
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-11 11:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still not sure, I was a huge fan of FFXII's mechanics except maybe the license board, I don't think they needed to change everything so much from XIII -> XV.

Setting/Plot is always something I wouldn't actually judge until exploring it myself, but I'm a big proponent of the "Don't fix what isn't broken" mantra. Some of my biggest gaming tragedies come from changing things that worked just fine. (See: Dragon Age II - FFXIII)
By Quiznor 2013-06-11 11:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

XV confirmed for Xbox One
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-06-11 12:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I love that it's an Action RPG, cause after FF13 I'm not sure I trust them making a "Turn Based" RPG anymore, lol.

Although I wouldn't mind if 16 was a throw back to like the FF9 days, but as is, I'm excited about 15.

Also I'm hyped that I've been calling it for about 2 years, that FFXIII Versus was going to be retooled and made a next gen game and be 15. Called it like a baws
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2013-06-11 17:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

After watching the latest trailer for this game, I'm convinced it will be a good game. I mean who wouldn't want god of war + final fantasy? Seriously, he switches sword types several times during fights, giant monster battles that take place in arena looking areas, active timed event system, and the all out mindless kill kill kill action.

This game will be great, but a numbered final fantasy it is not. Should have stuck with ps3/360 and delivered this game years ago. I'm also under the impression (maybe it's just me) that the "game play" I saw of this game 2+ years ago (actual game play footage was released) looked great, not as good as this, but this isn't a giant amazing WTF type leap in graphics to make me say they couldn't have put this on a ps3.

I'm bitter, but I'll still get it. I'm guessing mid-late 2014. How long did they say it would take to remake a game like ff7 these days? Less time than it took them to make this. No, I'm not starting a REMAKE FF7 NOW! type statement, but when you think about it, wouldn't they have made more people happy/had a greater return on investment had they gone that road?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-11 17:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

16 being a return to the roots would be amazing after all these futuristic ones
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-11 17:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They better hire Uematsu to score it then since he freelances
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-06-11 17:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LBilT83Uq4A#!

Here is gameplay.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-11 17:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If combat is like KH I'll just spam X forever hoping my combos stick! (I cleared kh 1 and 2 just like that, no strategy!)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-11 17:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure some fights will require more thought out attacks
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-11 17:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as I don't have to actually use black magic *never does*
By Dantedmc 2013-06-11 17:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

But magic is the best part!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-11 17:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2013-06-11 17:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Xenophire said: »
Fairy.Spence said: »
Forgive me, I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since 12, but has it completely left the turn-based style behind?
Hope not. Don't get me wrong, the 13 series is my favorite. The character growth was amazing, the story was unique, and the battles were tactical, but let's face it, we miss our roots.

/sigh....some faith in humanity is lost for me....

This game looks pretty good, as bad as the past final fantasy games have been, imo theres nowhere to go but up, meaning its not like they can get much worse.
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2013-06-11 17:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

FF13 isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's different than previous FFs sure, but I enjoyed it, and (so far) have enjoyed XIII-2 as well
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2013-06-11 17:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Chrisstreb said: »
FF13 isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's different than previous FFs sure, but I enjoyed it, and (so far) have enjoyed XIII-2 as well

Yes it is.....
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-11 17:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Only redeeming factor for me is Sahz. Great character and voice actor imo
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-06-11 17:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-11 17:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

wow that looks awesome! I love the way his warp rolls and throw sword > teleport thing works. Looks like it would be fun as hell to play!
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56