By Siren.Kalilla 2013-05-31 16:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

05-31-2013 01:11 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Cait Sith and Atomos

Greetings summoners,

The development team has not forgotten about the implementation of Cait Sith and Atomos as new avatars; however, when it comes to job related content they are currently prioritizing adjustments and merit point categories for geomancer and rune fencer, as well as the new special abilities.
(They are prioritizing the new special abilities because they are being added to all jobs.)

With that said however, we are planning to implement Cait Sith and Atomos at the same time.

We mentioned this previously, but Caith Sith will be a type of avatar that will fight alongside you, while Atomos will be a special type of avatar similar to Odin and Alexander.

Once we have some new information to share on the status of these two new avatars we will be sure to let you all know!
Subscribe

Other Updates Today:

Yesterday:
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-05-31 16:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Delayed, pushed to below the bottom of the priorities list, but not forgotten. And no, there is no video for you featuring Cait Sith in an obvious .dat swap scenario.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2013-05-31 18:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So...why are the new JA's still in the planning phase they have been in the works and adjusted and have been, for quite some time...

Also they've been put on the back burner so long for whatever the case..."balance" /cough, that we sit at the point where we kinda wanna know what the new jobs have for the abilities...or maybe that's just me. I doubt either avatr would be a make or break for the job, but I don't see why they can't just put out the avatar's now and continue to drag their rears on the abilities...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-05-31 18:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Adoulin slowed everything down, if it wasn't going to come out before adoulin, then it was going to be delayed 3-6+ months.

For caitsith and atmos, 2 years.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-05-31 18:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new expansion out, new jobs to make additions for / tweak traits and/or abilities AND a ton of other adjustments to perform (I'm looking at you, R/E/M weapons!) I would be very surprised if either avatar will see the light of day this year to be quite honest...
By volkom 2013-05-31 18:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I want yojimbo
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-31 18:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I want... a Yoruichi or Yachiru avatar.
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
Server: Shiva
user: Durtie
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2013-05-31 18:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What a lame excuse... Just admit that you counted you Chocobo eggs before they hatched. They were talking about these new avatars before abyssea and now, 4 years later, they bring it back up again only to say there will be more delays?? /sigh
 Lakshmi.Alyc
Server: Lakshmi
user: alyc11
By Lakshmi.Alyc 2013-06-01 09:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be suprised if we don't see these new avatars for another year
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-01 09:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
I don't see why they can't just put out the avatar's now and continue to drag their rears on the abilities...

Camate literally just explained that in the post Kali made in the OP.
(They are prioritizing the new special abilities because they are being added to all jobs.)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-01 09:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Alyc
By Lakshmi.Alyc 2013-06-01 10:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sad thing is as the months go on ff14 will take priority over ff11, so we'll get content slower an slower, I think there's only a handful of ppl actually working on ff11 atm
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-06-01 11:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Alyc said: »
Sad thing is as the months go on ff14 will take priority over ff11, so we'll get content slower an slower, I think there's only a handful of ppl actually working on ff11 atm
That doesn't really make any sense.

There would be more people working on developing a game before release since that is the largest chunk of content at once.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-06-01 12:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll leave this here as food for the thought:

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/job/game/index.html
[+]
 Lakshmi.Alyc
By Lakshmi.Alyc 2013-06-01 12:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »

There would be more people working on developing a game before release since that is the largest chunk of content at once.

once ff14 is out, SE will obviously focus on what will have the bigger playerbase, last time SE said ff11 had 300k subs which was a while back, an considering ff14 had 550k beta players for phase 2, that number is only gonna rise for the next phases
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-01 12:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

once ff14 is out, SE will obviously focus on what will have the bigger playerbase, last time SE said ff11 had 300k subs which was a while back, an considering ff14 had 550k beta players for phase 2, that number is only gonna rise for the next phases

Beta players isn't even close to the amount of subscribers they are going to have (or at least it shouldn't be taken as an indicator). Some folks will play the beta and either like the game and play it on release or not like it (even though it's just a beta), and not play it. They have 2 seperate dev teams regardless and XI is making them money. They obviously aren't going to just abandon it, especially just after an expansion.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2013-06-01 12:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't this the same thing everyone said last time? >.>
[+]
By Einhejar 2013-06-01 12:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Now SMNs will be like "Awesome!" and then when it is released they'll be like "Wat".

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
I'll leave this here as food for the thought:

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/job/game/index.html

Was looking at Battle Planner (FFXI) and found this gem under requirements:

• The person who has the experience of playing the MMORPG Final Fantasy XI

Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-01 12:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe when 14 goes live again they'll use it's own revenue to support it and give 11 it's support back. Can only hope.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-06-01 13:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Maybe when 14 goes live again they'll use it's own revenue to support it and give 11 it's support back. Can only hope.

I duuno. I have this feeling that what we have now is as much as we're ever going to get.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-17 16:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you are probably correct, at this stage, nothing is ever going to be done to the sorry state of Summoner. No new toys, no adjustments to myriad of problems we have been having. It's like delve or bust, every thing else do not matter to the developers. You can wait it out for another year or two, or just take a very long break and come back when they actually did updates worth your money + time.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-06-17 16:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought they did this already...wat
By Xenshi 2013-06-17 16:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I see this time and time again..that is NOT how it works. All the money that is generated from ffxi doesn't go into one other game, it goes many places across the company or studio that is producing what the company may consider their next successful investment, then it is budgeted for them. Not just an endless supply of money that comes from Invisibleland.
 Bismarck.Punchus
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2013-06-17 17:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »

I duuno. I have this feeling that what we have now is as much as we're ever going to get.

Well to be fair this game is 11 years old now. Can't really expect a company to do more to prolong the death of the game than SE has done. They are doing what any company should do and that is to invest into the game that is/will be on par with the available technology. After all who cares about quality of content when everyone wants the eye candy.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-19 02:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, FF14 will be getting their Caith Sith sooner than we do... in the form of Caith Sith doll minion hah ha hah hah. Talk about giving the FFXI players a big middle finger.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-19 02:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Luvbunny1 a sock for Latifah?
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-06-19 04:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe maybe not, but the fact is Caith Sith has nothing to do with 14. Seems like a kick in the teeth no?
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-19 04:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize it's only a useless vanity item and not even a real avatar. But the fact that we were shown a working model animation of Cait Sith in 2011 (not to the mention the character model exist since 2007 when WoTG was released, as well as the abilities already done as we all saw during the mission battle) - and now 2013, still not a peep on when we will be getting this. It is now borderline ridiculous - a travesty...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-06-19 06:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya know, i been wondering something. I am really starting to think that Seekers of Audolin was not every going to come out. But when FFXIV failed at launch, i think it forced their hand at trying to breathe new life into FFXI. As such, i think that also put every single project that was in the works on the back burner. Between the resource drain FFXIV put on SE with its failure and remake, along with the sudden need to have FFXI last much longer than what was originally planned, i am not surprised nearly everything is behind schedule or pushed back.

Just my thoughts on it.
First Page 2