New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remastered
Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remastered
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-12 00:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehh, Zidane kind of annoys me, but not enough for me to hate him. Every other character in IX though was very awesome, though I do wish Quina's tongue wasn't constantly out.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-01-12 00:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-01-12 01:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Vyrerus said: »
Ehh, Zidane kind of annoys me, but not enough for me to hate him. Every other character in IX though was very awesome, though I do wish Quina's tongue wasn't constantly out.

I liked that Zidane was fired up to be the protagonist for a change. After dealing with Squall and emo high in FF8, it was nice to get a cast of misfits again. Conce ntrated angnst is known to cause severe bouts of bowel distress and between Cloud and Squall you have enough teenage angst to ward off a small empire.

As for FF4, that game laid the melodrama on thick. Like daytime soaps thick.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-01-12 01:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

so tidis doesn't look like meg ryan now? i may actually get to play ffx!
[+]
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-01-12 02:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I really don't get how some people can dislike FFIX. The art style complaints are so weak-sauce (though if you ever see the original art for Queen Brahne, you'll ask yourself why they made her look like a clown in the actual game).

Do you have a link for the original art of the queen? I couldn't find it, google wasn't so helpful this time.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2014-01-12 04:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Devrom said: »
I really don't get how some people can dislike FFIX. The art style complaints are so weak-sauce (though if you ever see the original art for Queen Brahne, you'll ask yourself why they made her look like a clown in the actual game).

Do you have a link for the original art of the queen? I couldn't find it, google wasn't so helpful this time.
Not got the Queen but here is some art from the game that was lost but then found. Even has HQ backgrounds before they were downscaled for the ps1.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551612
[+]
 Shiva.Devrom
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-01-12 04:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cahlum said: »
Not got the Queen but here is some art from the game that was lost but then found. Even has HQ backgrounds before they were downscaled for the ps1.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551612

ah ok. i saw those images before, thanks.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-12 09:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I love conceptual artwork, especially for the environments you have explored in the past. Is there a single decent resource for them, I need some variety in my wallpapers.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-01-12 13:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw all the FFIX concept art in an art book my friend has (I think it's a book celebrating Yoshitaka Amano), but I'm fairly certain this is the image I'm thinking of or, at least, what I mean:

She's still huge and a little ridiculous, but the fact that they made her arbitrarily blue is something that has always rubbed my friend and me the wrong way. I swear there's a somewhat less ridiculous concept piece of her, but I may need to scan it at some later date.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2014-01-12 13:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw all the FFIX concept art in an art book my friend has (I think it's a book celebrating Yoshitaka Amano), but I'm fairly certain this is the image I'm thinking of or, at least, what I mean:

She's still huge and a little ridiculous, but the fact that they made her arbitrarily blue is something that has always rubbed my friend and me the wrong way. I swear there's a somewhat less ridiculous concept piece of her, but I may need to scan it at some later date.
Well that is just the amano art, amano art usually looks different to the finish product.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-01-12 13:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, I'm pretty sure there's a better piece. It'll have to wait 'til I can see the book, though. The joys of print media.

And just because the art design has a bad habit of *** up Amano's originals doesn't mean they ought to. Brahne in that picture is easily translatable into polygons. I know some of Amano's stuff looks like it is made out of smoke and silk ribbons and would have been impossible to recreate, but even the crowning peak of his Magitek armor has finally been done justice in FFXIV.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-01-13 07:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-01-13 08:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Zidane was earnest without being grating, carefree without being obnoxious. They balanced his character on a knife-edge and he didn't slip. He's honestly one of the best hero archetypes I've seen. He's not dragged down by existential angst (except that one part which provides one of the best tracks in FF history, so I'll forgive it), he's not a reluctant or uncertain hero, he's just out to have some fun and do some good. That he would give up happiness to try to save his brother, even after all they'd fought over, was proof of his devotion and heroism. Come to it, the only hero I can think of off-hand who mirrors Zidane was Lion from FFXI. It's a shame she got so little screentime. I just know that he was a breath of fresh air after the brooding lords of VII and VIII. I really don't get how some people can dislike FFIX. The art style complaints are so weak-sauce (though if you ever see the original art for Queen Brahne, you'll ask yourself why they made her look like a clown in the actual game).

Given the way the series has gone since 2007 or so, I don't think anything will ever supplant IX as my favorite FF of all time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-01-13 09:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I didn't like actually playing FFX, felt way to much like they were holding your hands, same with FFXIII. The moment I saw a dude using a ... basketball as a weapon I kinda put me off, I get into characters that way. FFX-II was ok if you completely ignored the story and girly bullsh!t and just focused on the jobs and building your characters.

Favorite's are FFIV, FFVI and FFIX though the recent remakes of FFIII have made it rank up there too and FFV was always a fun game. The reason I enjoyed 4, 6 and 9 is that each character is unique and has their own style / strength / weakness. Having only three members in a party brings severe character limitations to the final fantasy series, your stuck with all of them basically being the exact same while having four members allows for some variety in play style.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-02-10 19:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-02-10 20:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

rly SE
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-10 20:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Square-Enix stopped being a games company and has opted to just be a franchise marketer. And a cut-rate movie studio (FFXIII basically being a 40-hour cutscene that requires use of an analog stick and X button). Of course they're going to do something like that.

Also, it's from the American localization team. Look at all the flavor text (pun!) on food items in FFXI that exist solely in the English localization. Or the localization that SE allowed Arte Piazza or Level 5 or whomever to do for the Dragon Quest remakes. Someone in Square-Enix America really likes bad puns.
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-02-10 20:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
you know I find it funny that they're going on about Blah blah it's a love story and romantic and all that.

Personally I saw it as a romance of convenience, there was this young girl, late teens, probably never had a romantic relationship of any form, it basically being sent out to die.

Putting that combination of a emotional/hormonal/Scared crapless teenager, she clung onto the closest thing she could find that was like her, the exact same thing could be said about Tidus.

Unless Tidus was just really attracted to girls that have the personality of a Loaf of bread and Yuna got off on whiney annoying twits with daddy complexes. I'm gonna give them both the benefit of the doubt and say no, they aren't.
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-02-10 20:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Square-Enix stopped being a games company and has opted to just be a franchise marketer. And a cut-rate movie studio (FFXIII basically being a 40-hour cutscene that requires use of an analog stick and X button). Of course they're going to do something like that.

imo, SE's decent started with FF10, while FF10 had a great battle system, it was just as much of a 'Hall way simulator' as 13 was, hell I'd say even worse at least in the last part of the game there was an open area in 13, FF10 was linear as hell from start to end.

Then FF12 came out, which actually WAS open, and then everyone crapped themselves over that, saying it was too easy to get lost ect, so you really can't blame SE for wanting to appeal to the casual idiots. Because when your game costs like 100+ million to make, they're going to appeal to casuals.

Maybe with FF15 they've finally come to a good middle ground with Casual actiony gameplay and Open ended RGP elements, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's why the video game industry becoming bloated like it is, is killing originality.
By Darkalenia 2014-02-10 20:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My Top 5:

FF4
FF6
FF9
FF10
FF3
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-02-10 21:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

"I'd Dodge Lightning Bolts for You" funniest one IMO. But Lulu looks too scary for a Valentine card.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-02-10 22:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »

imo, SE's decent started with FF10, while FF10 had a great battle system, it was just as much of a 'Hall way simulator' as 13 was, hell I'd say even worse at least in the last part of the game there was an open area in 13, FF10 was linear as hell from start to end.

Then FF12 came out, which actually WAS open, and then everyone crapped themselves over that, saying it was too easy to get lost ect, so you really can't blame SE for wanting to appeal to the casual idiots. Because when your game costs like 100+ million to make, they're going to appeal to casuals.

Maybe with FF15 they've finally come to a good middle ground with Casual actiony gameplay and Open ended RGP elements, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's why the video game industry becoming bloated like it is, is killing originality.

We have been through this before but I really don't think FFX began any descent for SE and Final Fantasy. Yeah Tidus was a crybaby and it was a very linear game, but it had a clear plot and direction, unlike any of its successors. The battle system as a whole was excellent, good combat, good overdrives, good summons, a combo we haven't seen since. Yeah there were some real cringeworthy scenes and the villain was lame (but its not like there have been any good villains since Seymour/Sin..Sin was actually fine as a villain).
And talking about SE, it had another game post FFX that I would love to see in HD, Star Ocean 3, which I think is their best game made in the last 15 years.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-02-10 23:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Auron's a good enough reason for FF10 to be among the best FF games ever.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-02-10 23:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We haven't had a character as good as Auron since. Scriptwriters and character design are what this franchise needs the most.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-02-11 00:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone get ffx/x-2 that wants to part w/ their FFXIII-3 DLC yuna garb? :) id like an NA code
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2014-02-11 00:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I love FFX. Still play it threw to this day. Beautiful colors and voice acting. One of the best for the PS2. Anima is still great to this day. Hated FFX-2. Dress spheres? Nah,lame.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-02-11 00:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
anyone get ffx/x-2 that wants to part w/ their FFXIII-3 DLC yuna garb? :) id like an NA code
ok nvm i just checked my email and uhhh amazon gave me Cloud AND Yuna DLC garb codes o.o didnt know i was gettin yuna too, thought i read only those who preordered FFx/X-2 got yuna garb dlc code?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-02-11 05:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, one would win me over with the Rikku one. It's in al bhed, too nerdy to resist for me.
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-02-11 05:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Eh, one would win me over with the Rikku one. It's in al bhed, too nerdy to resist for me.

Dodge.... Lightning Bolts...
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-03-10 09:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The release date is nearing so I started to look into it.
For Europe there doesn't seem to be any pre-order bonus or a Collector's edition. Limited edition is bought seperatly for 10€ more (30%) than the standard version. A Yuna Code for FF13-3 is in every version of the first shipment.
Everything correct, did I miss anything?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8