Final Fantasy - The Best And Worst?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-04-29 14:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

actually, I wanna change my awnser:
best supporting character: Laguna
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-04-29 14:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

- The best game?
As much as I love the classics (ATB gauge, standard leveling procedure, classic Final Fantasy feel), I loved XIII and XIII-2. The story was unique in the first and the endings were awesome.
- The best lead character?
Lightning.
- The best support character? (Basically any good character who you can party with, who is NOT the lead character. I do not mean support like a Mage.)
Balthier! He'd kill me if he caught me calling him a support character. >3
- The most evil villain?
Kefka or Caius. As far as I know, the only two villains to actually succeed in their goal.
- The game with the best music?
Final Fantasy IX.
- The game with the best battle and level system?
Final Fantasy X (LOLNOJUSTKIDDING)... Final Fantasy IX.
- The greatest special ability? (2 hours, Limit Breaks, Overdrives, Trance etc.)
Limit Breaks. The fact they took priority over any action has saved my life countless times.
- The hardest boss fight ever?
Tie between two:
Assuming you didn't use Holy Wars or anything, Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII. Terra Break can kiss my ***.
Ozma! Start the battle with Meteor, and if you're unlucky, it's an instant wipe. What's that? You had Auto-Life? Use Curse! Game over.
- The rarest item ever?
In my experience, Excalibur II in IX mainly because I never bothered with it.
- The hardest weapon to make?
Augh, if you're not prepared for the grind and haven't had practice with fighting them, upgrading to Ultimate Weapons in XIII was a terrible experience. What's that? You want all the trophies? You have to make every single Ultimate Weapon multiple times.
- The best main storyline?
I loved them all. :(
- The worst main storyline?
Final Fantasy XII.
- The best jobs?
Can't get anywhere without a White Mage!
- The worst jobs?
I dunno, Bard and Dancer were pretty terrible in Tactics. Calculator was bad too if you sucked at math. Not to mention, they were terribly slow.
- The biggest spam move ever? (As in, you repeat the move constantly for an advantage)
Aura + Limit Breaks in VIII.
- The biggest glitches that benefit you?
W-Item dupe in Final Fantasy VII. Megalixirs, anyone?
- The weakest party character ever? (Can be any character who you can "control" in a party)
Every character had their ups and downs.
- The hardest end boss?
I dunno, if you don't equip for it, Orphan's first form is a big cheat if he targets your leader with Progenitorial Wrath.
- The most useful magic spell ever?
The Cure line.
- The greatest summon/esper/eidolon?
I honestly loved Quetzalcoatl, but just because it was a different thing and he looked kinda cool. But, I'd have to say Shiva.
- The best mini-game?
Tetra Master!
- The worst mini-game?
That damn Jump Rope game in IX. :(
- The best tank character. (PLD, High defense etc.)
Meh, Snow had his uses.
- The best damage dealing character.
Fang. <3
- The best magic support character (WHM, cures etc.)
Eiko! <3 Dbl-White~ Rosa was great with Dualcast, too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 14:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

In FF3, we have the Onion Knight equipment, which is some of the rarest pieces of equipment you will ever see.

Why is it so rare? Ok let me explain.

They drop from the Crystal Tower off dragons. However, dragon battles are pretty rare. Taken from a guide, they say that it's a 4 in 256 battle encounter! This means about 128 battles to meet one, then 68 battles, then 9 battles and then 6 battles, then just reset because you won't see another one for a very long time.

Not only that, but the actual drop rates are anything between 1-8%. Considering you really want to get all these pieces of equipment, as they are the best in the game, this will take a very long time, and a LOT of luck.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2013-04-29 14:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, I vote Calculator/Arithmetician for most OP job in the series.

*** badass
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 14:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

"The ultimate sword, used by a legendary king. It was forged in another world."

Excalibur II is one of the hardest weapons to obtain in the entire Final Fantasy series, as it cannot be bought from a shop or dropped or stolen from any monster. The only way the player can obtain the Excalibur II is to make it to the game's final dungeon, Memoria, into the room Gate to Space (where the party fights Lich) without exceeding 12 hours of playtime. Once Lich is defeated, the player must search the pillar on the right of the room to receive the sword. A message is left near the sword for Gilgamesh, written by Enkido, which reads:

"To Brother Gil - Bro, I found the sword, like you told me. But there were two. One of 'em had a lame name, Something II. It was a dingy, old thing with flashy decorations, something you'd probably like. So I went with Excalipur. I'll be back after I find the Tin Armor."
—Enkido
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 14:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The Pink Tail

This item is used to get the best armor in the game, the Adamant Armor.
The only problem is, is that the battle for Flan Princess is an amazing 1/64 chance, while the drop rate is another 1/64 chance.

It is very possible, that you may be a player who has spent months, and years trying to get this item, and have never seen it. Rarest item ever?

Excalibur II vs Onion Equipment vs Kraken Club vs Pink Tail.

If I had to choose, it would be Pink Tail. That one item that never drops... At least you can get Excalibur II with practice, KC with enough seals and patience, and Onion Equipment you can get more then one of.

Anyone disagree?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-04-29 14:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding the Pink Tail.

I remember farming those. I was expecting to go hours or even days without even seeing the Princesses, but ended up getting two within 5 minutes, lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 14:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Xenophire said: »
Regarding the Pink Tail.

I remember farming those. I was expecting to go hours or even days without even seeing the Princesses, but ended up getting two within 5 minutes, lol.

Someone somewhere will read that comment and will try really hard to find that [-] button :p
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 15:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Would like to start the next question soon. Would anyone dispute that the Pink Tail is the rarest item in any FF? It does have a drop rate of less then 1%
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-04-29 15:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zodiac spear is 10% chance of chest spawning and then 10% chance of the spear being in it
[+]
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2013-04-29 15:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like this topic its fun to read, however I dont know if the pink tail is rarer than a KC, for example farming 60 seals is probably a longer process than having a battle with flan princess right? Not sure exactly but Id guess so, then the drop for KC is less than that of pink which you stated as 1/64?

So Id imagine you could have more goes at a pink tail and have a higher chance at it than at a KC if we're just talking about time, however you could just buy a KC lol which kinda lowers its difficulty.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-04-29 15:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

While being the strongest weapon available, it can be found fairly early in the game - provided certain chests are not opened.

Should none of the chests be opened, the Zodiac Spear will appear in the Necrohol of Nabudis, reachable via Salikawood's Corridor Of Ages, which means the King Bomb must be killed. The Zodiac Spear will reside in the Cloister Of The Highborn, in a group of 16 chests. When none of the characters are equipped with Diamond Armlets Zodiac Spear will be in the second chest from the left in the front row.

A second Zodiac Spear can be obtained in an alternative site, the Henne Mines' Phase 2 Dig. Even if the mentioned forbidden chests named in the above chart are opened, the spear is still obtainable here. However, to unlock the site, at least 10 Espers must be acquired, and the Mindflayer Hunt completed. The player must speak to Geomancer Yugelu in Jahara to unlock this site, reachable via the Ore Separation.

The chest is hidden in a secluded area. The odds are heavily stacked against the player: chances for the chest to spawn is 10%, the chance the chest contains an item is 10%, and the item being the Zodiac Spear another 10% - meaning there is only a 1 in 1000 (0.1%) chance the spear will appear. In contrast to the original chest, the lead character must wear the Diamond Armlet in order to receive the spear.

Taken from FF Wiki.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-04-29 15:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Different sites say different things but this seems correct:

Quote:
Whether the Zodiac Spear appears or not is solely a matter of the probabilities involved. You must have the Diamond Armlet equipped when you open the chest to have a chance of obtaining the spear.

Probability that the chest will appear on any given entry into the Phase 2 Dig where it is located - 10%
Probability that the chest will not contain Gil when it appears - 10%
Probability that the chest will contain the Zodiac Spear when it does not contain Gil - 10%

Hence, on any given try at obtaining the spear by entry and/or reentry into the Phase 2 Dig, the probability of getting a Zodiac Spear is 0.10 x 0,10 x 0,10 = 0.001 or, 1 in 1000.

There is an alternate method, the "RNG Method", for trying to obtain a Zodiac Spear from the Phase 2 Dig chest. Use of the RNG Method supposedly makes acquisition much easier. An idea of how it works is described in Section G3900 of the posted Final Fantasy XII walkthrough by Split Infinity.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-04-29 15:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

While being the strongest weapon available, it can be found fairly early in the game - provided certain chests are not opened.

Should none of the chests be opened, the Zodiac Spear will appear in the Necrohol of Nabudis, reachable via Salikawood's Corridor Of Ages, which means the King Bomb must be killed. The Zodiac Spear will reside in the Cloister Of The Highborn, in a group of 16 chests. When none of the characters are equipped with Diamond Armlets Zodiac Spear will be in the second chest from the left in the front row.

This is about the drop/random reward part though. This is rarer than the Kraken Club and just like the Zodiac Spear (from not opening chests), the Kraken Club is fairly easy to get (provided you have enough gil for it).
 Sylph.Linkk
Server: Sylph
user: Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2013-04-29 15:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I never played FF6 which seems to be popular. I may have to find one to play it. I also see 10 is well liked. Me personally I remember the game being run but none of the characters were memorable to me. I had to look up the names people put down to find out it was 10 lol. Maybe because FF7 was the first FF game I played that it is so memorable to me. Sephiroth was a cool bad a$$
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-04-29 15:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Added three new questions and added an explanation on "The best support character" question.

- The best tank character. (PLD, High defense etc.)
- The best damage dealing character
- The best magic support character (WHM, cures etc.)

Of course, contributions will be recorded, but I will only be looking for answers to one or two at a time, and this will be ongoing til the majority are in agreement.

Tank: Cecil
DD: Auron
Magic: Rydia
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 15:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I think I will add a few entries into that answer as it is difficult to define which is the absolute hardest to obtain.

Pink Tail
Onion Equipment
Excalibur II

So about Zodiac Spear, I played ff12 to near the end but never got the spear. However there is a 100% chance of getting at least one if you know which chests not to open? That's not rarer then the other three, which would take much more time and luck, and retries to get it right.

Edit: As for Kraken Club, it is less rare because so many players can work towards obtaining them. A 1% drop rate in a MMORPG is a lot easier then one in a classic game. Also, I would include certain items like Asteria to be rarer in todays FFXI. Also some of the mythics are incredibly rare to the point you may never see it due to it not being strong enough.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-29 15:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Excalibur II just takes very long, but wouldn't say it's "hard".
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 15:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Excalibur II just takes very long, but wouldn't say it's "hard".

Yea, it's mostly rare because people just see the twelve hour time limit, and just don't even bother. To be honest I think it is purely between Pink Tail and Onion Equipment, which are both very similar as they drop very rarely in rare battles. The luck factor is definitely against most players, whereas equipment like Excalibur II can be practiced til gotten right, and KC can be bought with enough gil.

Ok I have decided. Pink Tail and Onion Equipment will go in there as the rarest items in any Final Fantasy.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 16:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Onto the next question! - The greatest summons/espers/eidolons?

Tough question I know, there are so many.
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2013-04-29 16:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

For coolness I liked Anima and Diabolos (FF8), for overall awesome final fantasy feeling, theres nothing better than when you first get bahamut haha.

But in terms of power maybe knights of round or Eden? In terms of being so much better than what else was available in the game, Yojimbo in X for downright brokeness lol
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-04-29 16:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I blind or is Quetz not on that picture? :( They added Brothers and Midgardsormr, Tonberry, PuPu, and Moomba though.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 16:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why, but ever since I picked up a Final Fantasy (7) Shiva has always stuck out for me. She has been there since the beginning with Ifrit and Bahamut, but to be honest, I always felt better when I started a new Final Fantasy and saw a new incarnation of the cold ice queen.

[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 16:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I blind or is Quetz not on that picture? :( They added Brothers and Midgardsormr, Tonberry, PuPu, and Moomba though.

Yea it was taken from DeviantArt, they said they were planning to do one with every single summon from every FF, but it would take them a while :p
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-29 16:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut is the best, obviously. My favourite is the FF8 one.

There are many others I love though, Carby(the cute one from 7 to 11), Shiva, Quetzalcoatl, Leviathan, Odin, Tonberry, Famfrit, etc.

In general though FF8 had the best summon designs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-04-29 16:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I loved when she broke out of the ice. ;3

VIII, IX and X's Diamond Dust were my favorite.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-29 16:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

*** loved FF8 Shiva!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-29 16:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, Bahamut is the most powerful recurring summon out of all of them. Hes so powerful he won't even let us summon him on FFXI :(

When it comes down to sheer power, Knights of the Round will beat anything, could be a candidate for the biggest spam move question, because face it, who really beat the Weapons for their first time without spamming KOTR?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-04-29 16:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do the lucky seven thing for Emerald
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13