Final Fantasy - The Best And Worst?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
Final Fantasy - The Best and Worst?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-05-16 14:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Also this does include guest characters.

If it does...

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-16 14:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Edward and Aerith.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-16 14:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said: »
"Hey man! That hurts! I wash up every day you know!"
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-16 15:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I would never consider Aeris to be one of the weakest characters.
She has high magic stats which makes her the best character to heal and use Summons on the first disc. She also has great limit breaks that can instantly recover the full party, make them invincible, or both with Great Gospel.

She has a weak attack, so it is usually better to have her in the back row and cast magic instead of attacking for pitiful damage. Cloud can use cover and gain damage from this to build up his limit break while she keeps him alive.

If she was allowed to live past the first disc, her limit breaks would have been the most useful of any party member, including Clouds Omnislash.

She is possibly the most powerful Geomancer of any FF. (Yes she was designed originally to be a Geomancer, and her limit breaks reflect this.)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-16 16:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerith dies soon, so she's pointless to me.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-05-16 16:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Aerith dies soon, so she's pointless to me.

Spoilers!!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-16 18:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

She may be pointless to those who only want the strongest characters in a short time, but for the average player, people will use Aeris, specially in the first few games. A storyline doesn't effect the fact that she is pretty good.

The only thing Cait Sith has going for him is Dice and extra slots in disc 1, but he soon becomes weak against other party members. His Limit Break is too random, I know its possible to get the right choices and get that instant death move, but most wouldn't bother to figure out how. His stats are lower then the rest except for his magic, and its never really essential to make anyone a mage specifically. It helps a little in the beginning, but by the end of disc 1, you get a lot more materia and items to keep up with damage.

I always found myself using Cloud Barret and Cid, due to their amazing limits, HP and Defense. Sometimes I would use the others for the laugh, mostly Vincent Tifa and maybe Nanaki, then I wouldn't bother with Yuffie or Cait Sith all that much. I use Yuffie later on because of her high luck and the ability to attack from the back row, farming sources and stuff.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-17 03:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling up Aerith is just a waste of time.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2013-05-17 03:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of me still believes even now there is something more to the Aeris rumours than has been discovered.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-17 15:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

True, levelling her up is a waste of time, but does that make her "weak"?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-17 15:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
Part of me still believes even now there is something more to the Aeris rumours than has been discovered.

What rumours?
 Asura.Abysswalker
Server: Asura
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-05-17 15:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That you could bring her back to life later on in the game. (that's the one I heard)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-17 15:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Abysswalker said: »
That you could bring her back to life later on in the game. (that's the one I heard)

Originally Squaresoft always intended for one of the main characters to die. There was a debate on who should die, Barrett or Aeris, and it was known that in previous Final Fantasy, the character of Barrett was most likely to die. They decided to go the other way with it, and they were surprised at the outrage of the fans when it was released because of her death at the end of disc 1.

The outrage confirmed that they built up her character enough for people to care about her.

There were plans for Aeris to die in disc 2, and there are clear indications for this (like her having actual lines if you have her in your party by using a cheat device), and she would have died at the time that you lose Cloud, but they decided to make it earlier then that.

If she could be brought back to life, it would have been done by now, but this topic is not about Aeris, the question currently on the agenda is ...

"Who is the weakest character?"
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-17 15:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Weakest ff7 character or in general?

Nevermind I backread lol

Can't say I know to be sure, I'm gonna say Relm.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-17 16:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting peoples answers to this question. Incoming edit.

Edward (Spoony Bard) xxxxxxxxxxx
Aeris xxxxx
Cait Sith xxx
Gau xxx
Selphie xx
Quina
Gogo
Amarant
Vincent
The Ghost
Red Mage (FFXI)
Edge
Calco and Brena
Strago
Relm
Harley
Eiko
Setzer
Yuna
Wakka
Cinna

As you can see, Edward the spoony bard is notorius for his weakness. Would anyone dispute that he is the weakest character in any FF?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-17 17:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It is stated that Edward's stats skyrocket after level 70 and he ends up having amazing raw stats. He is also not as weak in later versions of FFIV, and I have seen some videos of Edward soloing rather well.

However, because of the effort it takes to level Edward that far, not many players get the chance to see a powerful Edward.

Characters like Cait Sith, are weaker, but the difference in stats is not so noticeable because of the amount of materia you can use.

Aeris is a pretty strong character when it comes to using magic, and Summons are the better abilities to use early in the game, and she has a nice chunk of MP. She will have lower hp by using extra materia to boost magic, but this can be countered by having her in the back row and using Cover. Her Limit Break 3 and 4 are really good (Full Recovery and Invincible), however, if you are to go that far to get them, your party will be strong enough to defeat bosses without using them.

This is the dilemma of Aeris. Although she may be the least "useful" (if you know she is going to die), she has the highest stats in using magic. Aeris would quite easily win a question asking ""Who is the least useful party character?", as you know you can get through disc 1 only using her when you need too.

The Ghost character in FFVI is really weak, however, it can instantly kill an enemy with Possess. If you could use The Ghost throughout the whole game, Possess could kill any monster in the game including bosses.

I see Gau named as the weakest. I played FFVI lately and I found some really useful abilites for Gau. Maybe players couldn't be bothered going to the Veldt?

Quina is a funny one, because s/he is not required, but can be pretty useful for a party if you get him/her the right abilities. Auto-Life, Mighty Guard and Bad Breath come to mind.

If there was any character in FFIX I would say is the weakest, it would be Eiko. Her Eidolons are not that great, and although she is meant to be a White Mage, she isn't that much better then Garnet in that department, and Garnet has much better Eidolons. However using the Marcus/Eiko stat bug, she can become the strongest character.

Cinna is also a very good candidate for weakest character, he dies really easy and his attack is pitiful.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-17 17:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What, Eiko if anything makes it in the ideal party with Vivi, Steiner and Zidane. Although I always stubbornly used Garnet just cause I like her more.

Gau is pointless as a character, but he isn't weak if you can be bothered to get him abilities.

Quina might not be the best, but she's ok, has some good abilities, and it's not a drag when you have to split parties.

Edward...you just don't need him at all. Can do without his abilities and obviously there are better attackers.

I don't bother with Cinna because guest party characters are many throughout the saga, and many of them are worthless.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-17 18:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea that's my main party right there, Zidane Steiner Vivi and Garnet.

It's pretty unanimous that Edward is the weakest of the main party characters, unless he is over level 70, which the majority of players will never do.

Next question asked tomorrow.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-17 20:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Quina is a funny one, because s/he is not required, but can be pretty useful for a party if you get him/her the right abilities. Auto-Life, Mighty Guard and Bad Breath come to mind.

Don't forget the other spells! :)

Most of which you can get very early in the game, Frog drop can attain damage per frog you've captured in the game x quina's level, so it becomes pretty killer since it's fixed damage.

Angel's snack (Gained in burmecia) costs 4 mp and uses remedies on all party members, it's good to counter things like necrons Grand Cross in the final battle.

It (I'm gonna go with 'it') is also the only character to be able to do earth (Besides fenrir) and wind spells (Very effective against most if not all flying monsters, which happen to take up a lot of your boss encounters towards the end of the game).

I gotta admit you never ever think about these things but I'd say quina makes one of the better support characters in the game.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-18 06:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Same, it has been a long time since I played FFIX, but I remember using Quina rather well. No idea why people would consider it the weakest character in all of FF, it is pretty useful in a lot of situations.

Like I said, if there was any character in the game I could do without completely, it would be Eiko, because she doesn't really do much more then what Garnet can already do. She is more of a spare part for the storyline to give Garnet somebody to relate too. Don't get me wrong, you could use her really well if you wanted too, but I prefer Garnet over her.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-18 06:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiko is stronger than Garnet.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-18 07:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I never got that impression when I played as her in my games so many years ago. However I didn't know about the Marcus/Eiko stat glitch til yesterday.

Like I said, personal preference, I rarely used her, and when I did I was never overly impressed.

My "personal preference" in the usefulness of FFIX characters.

Zidane (Can't get rid of him anyway)
Steiner
Vivi
Garnet
Freya
Quina
Amarant
Eiko
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-18 07:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't use her just cause I don't like the character, but her spells are mose useful than Dagger's.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2013-05-18 07:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiko was stronger, mainly because of double holy during trance. She is also just had more useful spells, Full life etc.

Personally I always used Garnet though.

One thing very few people knew about was that Eiko's eidolons had multiple attacks based on what jewel you had in the add on slot.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-18 07:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Never needed to use Eiko for any boss in the game including Ozma. I suppose she has Might?? What else can she do thats of any use?

Tempted to start up a game of FFIX just to play around with other party combinations

Edit: And no I did not know that about her Eidolons!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-18 07:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dispel, Esuna, Full-Life, Haste, Holy, Might and Regen.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-05-23 22:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm, since Kylos seems to be AWOL, how about music?

Boss theme? Battle theme? Final boss theme? Misc. battle themes?
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2013-05-23 22:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Leveling up Aerith is just a waste of time.

Who you play as leveling up in FFVII doesn't matter till they are almost lvl 99 anyways the xp is shared by the non-team members so using Aerith early on doesn't hurt you at all. She also vastly stronger than all other characters(excluding limit breaks) because of how strong you can make her magic at this time I remember the first time I played it I didn't want to us a guide so I beat the snake because I couldn't find a choco and I did it by lving up and focusing on her healing and damaging spells. Then I Felt like an idiot because I forgot to talk to someone I had thought I did. I loved using her when I could and consider her one of the best characters of the game, even though short lived.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-05-23 23:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make sure you remove her Materia in time. I lost all my goddamn "All" Blues when that *** got knifed on my first playthrough.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2013-05-23 23:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

- The best game? Final Fantasy X
- The best lead character? Tidus and Cecil are my favorite. Squall cried all the disks of the game and tried his hardest not to be leader so he does not belong here at all.
- The best support character? Kain Highwind, 4 was my first and my favorite until I ruined it by replaying it recently. How did you live Cid, how????
- The most evil villain? First off so many people have this wrong Sin is not a villain he/she is a slave, that has been modified against their will to be a weapon. Sin actually leads to the destruction of the final boss, Yu, and it's self on purpose so it's actually a protagonist with a sad story. Sin also is always moving them to the right place at the right time through out the game so that they can find everything they need to find out in order to kill it.
- The game with the best music? X, XII, and XIII are the only games I have played with volume on.
- The game with the best battle and level system? Dissidia I like a lot it's not quite their but it's close but my favorite battle system for solo play, Party wise X and 13 have been my favorites
- The greatest special ability? Limit Break
- The hardest boss fight ever? PW or AV
- The rarest item ever? Excalibur II
- The rarest fight? flan princess
- The hardest weapon to make? Mythic
- The best main storyline? Dissida by far my favorite but I don't know if it counts and then Final Fantasy X are my tops is in 2nd/3rd VII(thought it was ok at first replayed it understood it better liked it more, but really if it wasn't for all the off shoot games and movie it wouldn't be here. Love Vincent was my first video game crush thingy whatever you call it)
I'm about to sound crazy but Final Fantasy XIII Had so much potential but they had 4 disk and the memory waDs almost purely due to the graphics and so much storyline got lost due to this and all the extras.
- The worst main storyline? XII
- The best jobs? RDM pre-super nerfga
- The worst jobs? runefencer XI, haven't played as it yet but other jobs could have used these ability's to give their joba more reason to be used instead they created these 2 jobs and messed up the balance even more.
- The most pointless quests ever? FFXI has so many
- The hardest quests to complete? brunhilda unlocking fight XIII
- The biggest spam move ever?
- The biggest glitches that benefit you? FFVII item duplicating. made replaying it with next to no free time more do able.
- The weakest party character ever? Kimahri recently replaid 10 and he wasn't as weak this time through but still was really my first dislike of a bluemage.
- The hardest end boss? Like final story line boss? personally every ff's "final boss" tend to be easy it's the extras like the weapons in 7 that are hard.
- The most useful magic spell ever? Haste in every game
- The greatest summon/esper/eidolon? Phoenix in the games that have her.
- The best mini-game? Blitzball X ; Tetra Master, VIII
- The worst mini-game? 80% of the gold saucer
- The best tank character. Cecil
- The best damage dealing character. Squall, low hp and spaming lionhart
- The best magic support character. Lulu, X; Aerith VII
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13