Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-21 04:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Wiking said: »
Something to remove animation-lock with. Totaly ruins the game when you have like 30 adds.
Already has existed for the past decade JaZero(Plugin).
This is detectable server-side, right?
More so that it is visibly noticeable for everyone watching you moving around during weaponskills/JA's the magic casting end animation etc.
Bismarck.Drakelth said: »
I figured, it would be a nice QoL update from SE though
This was addressed by SE I think somewhere, they felt that XI should be a slower pace game.
By Shichishito 2021-08-21 12:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
I get it but it also sounds very botty or at least would be used by botters.
i see your point but there are other addons in the windower client that make botting easier and it didn't stop them to release them nor to change their minds later and remove them.
By Wiking 2021-08-21 15:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Slower pace? Why'd they give us +25% movement speed and basically teleport everywhere then -.-.
By mhomho 2021-08-21 15:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want AutoRA to keep firing. Basically, I want it to auto ranged attack and continue past 1000TP and after I weaponskill have it return to auto ranged attacking.

I fiddled with it some and found it could be set to auto past 1000TP, but after weaponskilling it stopped. I guess I could make the macro send console commands to weaponskill and then input ara start again.
By Shichishito 2021-08-21 15:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiking said: »
Slower pace? Why'd they give us +25% movement speed and basically teleport everywhere then -.-.
well befor the movement speed this game was basically slowmo. however thats how it usually goes, the community makes a QoL update suggestion and the devs say no and hide behind some arbitrary "reason".
thats code for laughing in ppls face and following up with gtfo. not sure why ppl still show up to those Q and As.
By DaneBlood 2021-08-21 21:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kelg said: »
I don't know if this is possible, but an addon that overrides examination messages and instead autotrades correct items to ???s(for spawns/quests/whatever else) if check them with the proper items inventory would be nice.

Yeah that would e the most totally awesome add-on ever
New Add-on: Sir PopaLot : https://ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55597/new-add-on-sir-popalot/

Currently its all hardcoded so i have to add in all the things by Hands but its pretty nifty and supports all abyssea and ZNM pops and some other quest related trades

It does requires the tradeNPC add'on being installed as well
and HTMB if you want the grab KI part to work as well
[+]
By Wiking 2021-08-22 04:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Any addon out there that keeps track of Assault missions or adoulin quests etc? so it's easier to figure out where to go next.
By Tathamet 2021-08-22 13:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For adoulin quest and coalitions at least: https://github.com/Ivaar/Windower-addons/tree/master/QuestLog

I don't know of anything similar existing for assaults.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-08-23 07:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How difficult would it be to create a lua to stop specific sound effect file from loading in a specific zone?
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-08-23 08:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
How difficult would it be to create a lua to stop specific sound effect file from loading in a specific zone?
Someone hates the fireworks.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-23 09:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanting to remove the water sound effect in Windurst Mog house.

I know what file it is but if you mod it, then water effects in other areas of the world are changed too.

I already modded the firework sounds xD
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-08-23 11:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what file it is but if you mod it, then water effects in other areas of the world are changed too.

Do share!
By RadialArcana 2021-08-23 12:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Do share!

Quote:
Modded the two firework SFX to be about 80-90% quieter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13xnJCA8Hd084scC9jkBi832HY5bECzPm/view?usp=sharing

Don't use these with Xipivot, it crashes the addon. I think it's because the SFX are loaded before it loads proper or something.

PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound\win\se\se034\

se034071.spw (boom firework noise)
se034072.spw (crackle firework noise)

Don't forget to log all the way out of the game and back in, these are loaded near the start and stay in memory so any changes won't have any effect till you restart
[+]
By Wiking 2021-08-24 04:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!!
By RadialArcana 2021-09-03 06:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I find the way FFXI displays the story to be pretty poor honestly, the way it fills the chat box with the dialogue tends to ruin the overall immersion into the story. Since you're getting /yell or /party chat that you forgot to turn off. The font is bad too.

Other games do this far better, could a simple textured and moveable text box be created as an addon that intercepts all story text and displays it as shown in the image below with a scrollbar?

[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-09-03 08:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen an implementation of the FF14 NPC dialog overlay (yellow rounded container with text) as an addon about a year ago iirc. I'm not sure what it was called or if it even got completed, but it was pretty good looking.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-09-03 15:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen an implementation of the FF14 NPC dialog overlay (yellow rounded container with text) as an addon about a year ago iirc. I'm not sure what it was called or if it even got completed, but it was pretty good looking.
Balloon, it is a JP addon. A person named Yuki on the windower disord did some work to add English handling to the addon.

Here was their most recent post regarding their efforts: https://discord.com/channels/338590234235371531/641259466494574602/879961675569197076
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-09-03 15:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That looks pretty great.
By Tathamet 2021-09-03 17:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Like so? (Edit: ha beaten to the punch, I should F5 my tabs more often)

Not my work, but it was recently posted in the Windower discord: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/641259466494574602/879961675678220338/Balloon.zip
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-09-03 18:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Only problems with it seem to be that sometimes the text box disappears at the start of a conversation with an npc sometimes (possibly linked to a yell or something happening at the same time?), also it doesn't display quotation marks. It shows a square icon, which I suppose is due to JP language or maybe a font issue.

Another bug is if a word appears with a hyphen between them it breaks past the confines of the text box, depending on the position of this in the conversation.

Added a different texture to the box

By Draylo 2021-09-03 20:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow that is really cool, I always disliked how it used the regular chat box. Before they separated the chat boxes into two, it was a real annoyance if there was spamming or people talking. Is this addon functional?
By RadialArcana 2021-09-04 08:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not my code or addon at all but I noticed this issue with the addon posted above and modified by Yuki.

What would be causing this issue, with the plugin not properly displaying quotation marks?

LUA code below
By RadialArcana 2021-09-04 09:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Wow that is really cool, I always disliked how it used the regular chat box. Before they separated the chat boxes into two, it was a real annoyance if there was spamming or people talking. Is this addon functional?

Yeah give it a try, it's pretty cool actually. Still some bugs with it, but it works well enough.

Just put the balloon folder in your addon folder and type //lua l balloon

Original video

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-09-04 14:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is the Segoe UI font that the addon uses doesn't have that particular character defined. There are a bunch of different quote characters, such as "these" vs “these”.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-09-05 04:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried changing the font, also tried removing the font so it changes to default but still does the little squares.

Any idea which font might work?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-05 05:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be better off just replacing weird characters with more standard ones as they come up. You could set up a replacement table in the addon.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-09-05 13:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried changing the font, also tried removing the font so it changes to default but still does the little squares.

Any idea which font might work?

well ti mgiht not just be the font. the problme can also be related to if its in Ascii (256 characters/1byte per chracter) or UTF16 ( 2 bytes poer character)

if one is only handlgin the font in Ascii mode. character outside the range that it can handle in the font is not supported
By Draylo 2021-09-05 22:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this addon is very cool after using it, haven't enjoyed one like this since xicamera. Where are the rest of the secret JP addons
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-09-06 10:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This balloon addon is amazing, I love it. It changes the whole feel of the game when talking to an NPC, makes it feel like a normal offline rpg and picking up story from npcs instead of mashing it into the chat box. The way FFXI displays story has never felt good to me, this changes that for the better.

I made some changes to the addon for my own use, if anyone wants a link to it send me a PM. Posted it here originally but I cant' contact Yuki to ask if it's ok so removed the link.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30