Lua Addon Ideas
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 27 28 29
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-04-10 11:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to move the equipment, inventory, mini menu, etc ui about a 1000 pixels to the right?
This would be a really big help as I keep having to turn to look at these menus on ultrawide.
By RadialArcana 2021-04-18 17:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason there isn't a version of aecho for doom and paralysis? Tried making one today and doesn't seem that hard, wondering if there isn't one because it's considered too far in some way or other? Too much automation?
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-18 18:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tons of people use gearswaps with auto holy waters for doom etc
VIP
By Lili 2021-04-18 18:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Is there a way to move the equipment, inventory, mini menu, etc ui about a 1000 pixels to the right?
This would be a really big help as I keep having to turn to look at these menus on ultrawide.

Unfortunately, no

RadialArcana said: »
Is there a reason there isn't a version of aecho for doom and paralysis? Tried making one today and doesn't seem that hard, wondering if there isn't one because it's considered too far in some way or other? Too much automation?

These addons exist, they're just not in windower's repo. You can easily make a copy of aecho yourself and edit it, tho.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-26 06:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing this isn't possible but I'll ask anyway.

Would it be possible via an addon to modify the dimensions of the map system (or maybe offer a complete map relacement system), so that instead of a 512x512 map it instead could show a 1024x1024 map. All the markers being modified to accommodate that also?

It's easy to add a larger map into the dat file, but the game won't show it since it uses exact dimensions.

Guessing this is too complicated but just wondering, since it would unlock the ability to add high res maps.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-04-26 07:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a whole map system being created in the past year that was an alternative with great looking graphical maps and markers. I'm not sure what the progress of that is though. @Lili do you know?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-26 08:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lua addon, simple idea.
An addon that keeps track of how many Segments you obtain in each Odyssey Farming Run.

Additional things that could be tracked:
Number of Chest/Coffer/Aurum opened
Number of Halos killed
Number (and name?) of NMs killed.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-04-26 11:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Moglopohone Addon that will buy KI once your 20h has passed c.c Have it check every hour~ or a set time and after buying KI, slumber itself.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-04-26 17:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

https://remapster.com/
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
There was a whole map system being created in the past year that was an alternative with great looking graphical maps and markers. I'm not sure what the progress of that is though. @Lili do you know?

You're thinking of https://remapster.com/ probably
They are making 2048 x 2048 map assets and additional "point of interest" icons.

By ikudosi 2021-04-26 18:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an addon that displays a mobs weakness both physical and damage types? As a war with goldfish memory on these things it would help to know which weapon is best to use per mob on sheols xD.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-26 19:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ikudosi said: »
Is there an addon that displays a mobs weakness both physical and damage types? As a war with goldfish memory on these things it would help to know which weapon is best to use per mob on sheols xD.
I made a similar addon for Incursion ages ago.
Incursion back then, the last boss, could be sorta difficult according to the 2 "main" adds he spawned with. There were several different types of combinations, each of its two main adds had a job and according to those jobs the Boss would gain 2 strong buffs: Regain, more Meva, more Eva and so on.
Given could use all different debuffs possible but had to choose between them, I used that addon to announce in partychat which Add monster job and which correspondant buff we would have to deal with.
The Party message was automatic, you only needed to target the monster the first time, or you could activate the message manually by selecting the target and using the command.

By the same lines we could use a similar method for Odyssey, I could adapt that message so that each time you target a monster in odyssey for the first time, it says a specific message. Like: "Immune to light based sleep, strong against slashing, weak to blunt, resistant to darkness" etc etc.

Wwould be very easy to adapt my addon (which is on windower btw) to deal with this as well.
Know what the big problem is?
Finding a good and RELIABLE source of information about the real characteristics of each of those monsters.

If you find one, then updating my "Announce Target" addon should be relatively easy.
By Sabishii 2021-04-26 20:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Lua addon, simple idea.
An addon that keeps track of how many Segments you obtain in each Odyssey Farming Run.

Additional things that could be tracked:
Number of Chest/Coffer/Aurum opened
Number of Halos killed
Number (and name?) of NMs killed.

Can I second that request?

Also, can we get an addon that goes through the currencies menus, so if you want to find how much, say, plasm you have, you can do a search for plasm, and it tells you how much you have (similar to item search)?
By RadialArcana 2021-04-27 07:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem is I think it was abandoned.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-04-27 09:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Akaden will post about it in our discord from time to time. last time it was discussed was earlier this year.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [102 days between previous and next post]
By Zubis 2021-08-07 20:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume that there is a reason this hasn't been done already, but would it be possible to develop an addon to search the names of quests completed, or dump them to a log file?
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2021-08-07 21:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »

Akaden will post about it in our discord from time to time. last time it was discussed was earlier this year.

Sounds interesting.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-08-08 19:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
I assume that there is a reason this hasn't been done already, but would it be possible to develop an addon to search the names of quests completed, or dump them to a log file?

The data in game I think can be somewhat unreliable in my experiences. I know a few people have messed with quest information, but I want to say that some of the quest are almost completely unreliable depending on what you want it to do?

<Bard Quest doesn't even show up in log until you completely finish it.>

If it's just entirely to know if it was completed, that might be okay, but knowing if it's flagged or any other states might be impossible.
And even then I think until some one matches them up to the ID's .dat file it still may not be possible to get them all.
Check Ivaar's Git, it may have some quest/mission stuff I think.

I had most mission stuff figured out, but honestly have not played or messed with stuff in months.
Though it's completely possible I am off base.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-08-10 08:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »

There is this addon by Ivaar, but based on the readme it is only a subset of quests and not all of them https://github.com/Ivaar/Windower-addons/tree/master/QuestLog
[+]
By Zubis 2021-08-10 08:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's very useful and exactly the reason I was thinking of (Adoulin), thank you!
By zigzagzig 2021-08-10 22:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Will love an Addon to fix or Replace Character selection Order, on the Selection Screen ... Because SE won't take their big fat fingers out of their A......
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-08-20 19:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Idea: An addon that serves the same purpose as Spellcast, but actually reacts to when the spell/ability/whatever is cast/used and finishes casting/being used.

Benefits: At the moment, Spellcast uses precastdelay, midcastdelay, and aftercastdelay to determine timing. The downside is that we use things like Fast Cast which speed up what these delays should be in game. Also, there are times when you try to use a JA, WS, magic spell, whatever and don't actually use it. Accessing action packet can circumvent these problems.

Example:
* You try to use Provoke, but you can't because Provoke's recast isn't back up yet.
-- In Spellcast, you swap to your Enmity gear, wait your precast delay, attempt to use Provoke, wait your aftercast delay, and swap back to whatever your aftercast set is.
-- In an Action Packet version, you could swap to your Enmity gear, attempt to use the ability, see that nothing is generated, and swap back to your "aftercast" set. No need for precast/midcast/aftercast really, because they're defined by when packets arrive.

Example 2:
* You cast Fire IV on Red Mage.
-- In Spellcast, you swap to your fast cast gear, wait the pre-cast delay, attempt to cast Fire V, wait the midcast delay, swap to your midcast gear, finish waiting the full casting time of the spell, wait your aftercast delay, and swap to your aftercast gear. Because you have a ton of Fast Cast (or Elemental Celerity if it was with BLM), you swap back much slower than necessary.
-- In an Action Packet version, you could swap to your precast set, wait a predefined time, send the command to cast the spell, read the "started casting" packet and swap to your midcast set, wait for the "you cast the spell" or "your were interrupted" packet and swap to your aftercast set.

These represent massive gains over current Spellcast, but it's going to require the effort of a team of people to get this running and ensure the transition for most players between Spellcast and a Lua version is smooth. Iryoku has already volunteered to make an expression parser for current Spellcast xmls if anyone wants to undertake the project.

This ended up being a great idea.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-08-20 20:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

something that give the mog sack/case/satchel the same functionality as wardrobes would be sweet.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-20 22:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said: »
something that give the mog sack/case/satchel the same functionality as wardrobes would be sweet.
You mean being able to equip gear from them because that can't happen and even if say we found some way to force it, it would be a really dumb idea to use it.
 Bahamut.Kelg
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-08-21 00:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this is possible, but an addon that overrides examination messages and instead autotrades correct items to ???s(for spawns/quests/whatever else) if check them with the proper items inventory would be nice.
By zigzagzig 2021-08-21 00:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

An addon to register Target as a Group.

Then Able to assist Auto target to Only attack the Registered one.

Will be nice in Ody, when you have 3 or 4 packs of mobs ....
By Shichishito 2021-08-21 00:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

one that enhances the autotarget feature to switch to mobs aggressive towards you but aren't in your cone of view and another toggle that checks your surroundings within 30 yalms if a mob unaggroed target is available to switch to instead of disengaging. the engage/disengage delays in omen, dynamis and odyssey are brutal.

another one would be a proper party finder, not sure tho if a addon would be the right format for it
By Wiking 2021-08-21 02:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Something to remove animation-lock with. Totaly ruins the game when you have like 30 adds.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-21 02:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
one that enhances the autotarget feature to switch to mobs aggressive towards you but aren't in your cone of view and another toggle that checks your surroundings within 30 yalms if a mob unaggroed target is available to switch to instead of disengaging. the engage/disengage delays in omen, dynamis and odyssey are brutal.

I get it but it also sounds very botty or at least would be used by botters.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-21 02:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiking said: »
Something to remove animation-lock with. Totaly ruins the game when you have like 30 adds.
Already has existed for the past decade JaZero(Plugin).
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-08-21 03:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Wiking said: »
Already has existed for the past decade JaZero(Plugin).
This is detectable server-side, right?
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 27 28 29