Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Geo Equipment Thread
Geo Equipment Thread
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-06-23 15:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking into getting SoA soon and spending some time with GEO, just curious though why do you mention being careful using Occ. Quickens Spellcasting in the Fast Cast set?
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-06-24 12:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Seems like impact is popular for bosses and I must confess I know little about the mechanics of it. I see wiki says it's elemental magic and it sounds like if it lands at all you get -20% stats, and duration is determined by resistance? I know we're not casting impact as a nuke so much as a debuff but still I'd like to get the maximum performance for my mp. On megabosses how much ele skill and m.acc should I be stacking vs how much mab?

I was thinking something like:
ItemSet 305026

What set are you guys using?

The set looks fine to me. With the high MP cost of Impact I'd generally leave that job to the local sch in the alliance (for the half MP Cost strat combined with the AF3+2 legs, and Elemental Seal), but it doesn't hurt to have a backup plan.

Edit: Maybe something like Nares clogs to get some more damage if you can spare it.

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
Looking into getting SoA soon and spending some time with GEO, just curious though why do you mention being careful using Occ. Quickens Spellcasting in the Fast Cast set?

If Occ. Quickening Spellcasting procs during the casting of a spell that relies on a midcast set for macc/potency/etc the spell will go off in the Fast Cast set, not the macc/potency/etc set you wanted it to.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-07-11 16:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 307590
By Puppetmaster 2013-07-12 02:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

With the change on the value of INT for spells, for GEO nukes, would Wohpe's Sabots or Ocular Boots be better? They have around the same magic accuracy. Same for choices like Ombre Tathlum (INT+4) versus Memoria Sachet (MAB+2 MACC+2)
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2013-07-23 17:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend some Conserve MP along with your Geomancy skill. Replace Vita with Lifestream. Zenith Mitts+1 are augmented with Conserve MP+5. Also, you cannot equip Wizzan Grip and Seveneyes together.
ItemSet 308856
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-07-24 00:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I put the grip in to give 2 options as I personally wouldn't farm up Seveneyes.
 Ragnarok.Illumin
user: sylvanica
By Ragnarok.Illumin 2013-07-26 05:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a white mage at heart, so of course the first thing I look at is a cure set!

This is the best cure potency setup I can think of for GEO:

ItemSet 309209

(Edited with actual values, FFXIAH's calculation is borked):
Genbu's augmented with cure potency, of course, so we'll have 51% cure potency (oh well), healing skill+62-65 (typo on Tamaxchi), MND+70 fully upgraded.
By Alpheus 2013-07-26 05:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd cap 50% Cure Potency with just the club Body and Hands in the above set. Though granted changing out other pieces like Nares legs for something else my mind draws a blank since its normally such a mainstay but at least it has a nice chunk of MND. Still a good set though since at the very least is a good base to then think about alternatives to certain slots that normally Mages didn't have the option to do so.

Also doesnt help I'm too tired to think of what better pants to use besides Nares XD
 Ragnarok.Illumin
user: sylvanica
By Ragnarok.Illumin 2013-07-26 05:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, this is what happens when I'm too tired. Look at my edit :D
By Lizk 2013-08-07 18:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a new set for TP and WS now that we have the AF?
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2013-08-08 02:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

geo should probably be doing whatever nuking they are doing in atinian staff since we are limited to lower tier nukes anyways.

also for the sake of being complete now that we have enfeebling magic should probably make an enfeebling set for sleep and enfeebles we get from our subjob. I threw this together but there's probably something better. ItemSet 310419
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2013-08-08 02:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Illumin said: »
I'm a white mage at heart, so of course the first thing I look at is a cure set!

This is the best cure potency setup I can think of for GEO:

ItemSet 309209

(Edited with actual values, FFXIAH's calculation is borked):
Genbu's augmented with cure potency, of course, so we'll have 51% cure potency (oh well), healing skill+62-65 (typo on Tamaxchi), MND+70 fully upgraded.

oreiad tathlum for the ammo is a direct upgrade
 Bismarck.Sesshomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sesshomaru 2013-08-11 03:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Bokwus Circlet really beat out Buremte for nukes? I'm assuming so since the set seems to have been updated pretty recently and didn't swap it out for it but thought I'd double check before throwing lixirs at my bokwus.
 Shiva.Vladmir
Server: Shiva
user: Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2013-08-24 15:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the most important things you want to focus on during delve? Like I know you have your indi spell on dd or mages. But for your loupan couldn't you have the mits for -dt on loupan and I was reading somewhere that any pet -dt also works. CCouldn't you augment the selenian cap for more -dt or does that even matter????
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-08-24 16:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Vladmir said: »
What are the most important things you want to focus on during delve? Like I know you have your indi spell on dd or mages. But for your loupan couldn't you have the mits for -dt on loupan and I was reading somewhere that any pet -dt also works. CCouldn't you augment the selenian cap for more -dt or does that even matter????

I'm still not convinced the pet:pdt working with loupans isn't a bug created by making the AF hands in the first place, so I'd say only (re)augment the cap that way if you aren't using it for something else.

As for Delve, it really depends on which Geo you are: Up front with the mob or in back. Up front you should worry about your two geo spells and keeping yourself alive. This includes making sure Phalanx is up and reapplying RR asap if you should happen to die. In the back the Geo can be called upon to haste a sch. That's as or more important than the Geo spells themselves.

Of course if the alliance leader asks you to have something else as priority do that too, and be prepared to switch roles if one of you dies.

This was mostly pre weapon update that added skill so it might have changed somewhat, but you get the idea.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-09-26 21:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Published the node I was working on. It's been made public since I don't play 11 anymore.

Edit: I don't know if this is cool, but could a mod change the title of this thread to reflect the nodes?
By Heimdel 2013-10-07 09:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

dalmaca can get fast cast and quick cast augments to consider and plumb boots are -5% pdt and very high def for part the pdt set.
 Asura.Dierdre
Server: Asura
user: Nrywr
By Asura.Dierdre 2013-10-13 13:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
also for the sake of being complete now that we have enfeebling magic should probably make an enfeebling set for sleep and enfeebles we get from our subjob.

It also helps to make up for Red Mages that somehow don't know how to do their job.

Every cast stuck and lasted 30s~1m+ until around the 25% mark. Took 1-2 casts to stick after that.

~404 total enfeebling skill and +134 MND + Atinian staff.
By Jedrobiont 2013-10-27 00:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice
By fractalvoid 2013-11-24 19:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread needs more melee geo sets