Jump...
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-16 20:11:17
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
There was an airship in FF8? I just remember being able to drive THE WHOLE SCHOOL around, which was pretty *** awesome.

there was and yes that part was also awesome

but you know they always show off in the new FF the high tech airship battles i'd like to take part in those for once
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-16 20:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that'd be cool, switch from an RPG to a full 3D flight sim/shoot'em up for a couple hours :D

Unfortunately it'll likely never happen simply because it is such a totally different gaming engine. But they did show some pretty epic airship battles yet again for FFXIV... /sigh
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-06-16 20:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

if they did race specific jumping, they could just have taru jump a very small amout but if they're duoing or in pt just give non-taru member /punt and you can help them out. also punt should be a race specific thing as far as punt distance like taru don't have the option, mithra punt a couple feet, elvaan probably the same as mithra cuz they're pretty girlish and already prance around like princesses, and hume and galka punting like 10 or so feet. but if the taru has a self imposed gravity on it decreased the distance punted.

Or not.
 Ramuh.Anarkissed
Server: Ramuh
user: Nixie
By Ramuh.Anarkissed 2009-06-17 12:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda against jumping... Unless the jump is semi-realistic. I know, i usually say realism should stay out of video games but i freakin' hate to see people jumping 8, 10, even 15 feet into the air. In PWI players could easily jump up onto the roof of a 3-story building, in wow, players could easily jump 10 feet... it's excessive and just looks cheesy... Make it realistic... noone in heavy armor is gonna be dunking. 1 foot vertical at the most!
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-06-17 12:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Yeah that'd be cool, switch from an RPG to a full 3D flight sim/shoot'em up for a couple hours :D

Unfortunately it'll likely never happen simply because it is such a totally different gaming engine. But they did show some pretty epic airship battles yet again for FFXIV... /sigh

Lol who wouldnt want to see the Ragnarok tearing through bahamut and bursting into Al'taeiu or something.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-17 12:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anarkissed said:
I'm kinda against jumping... Unless the jump is semi-realistic. I know, i usually say realism should stay out of video games but i freakin' hate to see people jumping 8, 10, even 15 feet into the air. In PWI players could easily jump up onto the roof of a 3-story building, in wow, players could easily jump 10 feet... it's excessive and just looks cheesy... Make it realistic... noone in heavy armor is gonna be dunking. 1 foot vertical at the most!

That'd be lame... Like jumping in the dungeons of PW. I'd say something like a 6' jump... But.. I did enjoy the 20' air you could get with a double jump in PW.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-17 13:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gib wall bouncing like Mario or Metroid nao.
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-06-17 13:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jumping sounds like an interesting concept, but I would honestly prefer intelligent climbing instead. You know, for all those times we've run into that small 3" ledge that we are unable to go over and instead have to walk to the next zone in order to get by it.

Not to say that jumping is bad, but really...have we truly *needed* a reason to jump in Final Fantasy? (other than DRG Jump)

Just as other posters have said, it's not that people need to jump to incredible heights, but not being able to get over ledges is really annoying. Being able to pull yourself over an obstacle would be nice too. Just have to make sure it's added in a way that makes those features a useful means of getting somewhere and not a simple gimmick.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-17 14:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think someone mentioned it earlier, but I liked the idea of action-sequence jumping like RE4/5. Instead of having a "zone" to cross, like some of the portals in CoP areas, you just walk up to something, tap a certain button/key and climb/jump/slide your *** through. lol That way we have jumps technically, but without an AH full of hopping kids. D:
 Valefor.Araius
Server: Valefor
user: Araius
By Valefor.Araius 2009-06-17 16:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The flying mounts I can do without. But jumping, good god, yes please.

That's all secondary, though, to the random crap that you get stuck on when walking. Steps in Ordelles, or the random spot at the entrance of Tavnazia where you just stop dead in your tracks. If it's such a huge problem to make a zone that doesn't have things like that, then let us jump. I'm sure (I think?) that stuff like the Ordelles Stairs of Doom won't be around in FFXIV, but still...
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-17 17:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Araius said:
Steps in Ordelles

Yeah *** those goddamn things I swear...
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-06-17 19:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-18 02:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

As Jacinda said, there's no real NEED to be able to jump. If they add it they'll just make the annoying parts like garlaige ledges one foot higher than it's possible to jump, meaning anything else you can jump over is a gimmick and an additional obstacle that wouldn't have been there before.

But yes, making sure there are no *** up things like ordelle's caves, teleport crystal steps and that spot in Tavnazia (I've hit that and thought I was getting a CS a couple of times) no longer exist.

Also really don't understand why they couldn't have fixed these issues already, not like they've had 7 years to do so. Oh wait! THEY HAVE!
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-06-18 04:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont mind not being able to jump personally but i do wonder why drg has jump as an ability yet has no jumping weaponskills lol
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-06-18 06:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

dood gogo personal airship

the possibility's o.o

also of course some areas can be blocked off and you have to either walk there or simply put some air defense, like enemy airships or anti air defenses stops you from going to those "hard 2 get places"

Just make it hard 2 get but once you got it bam travel made easy and enjoyable

id love to customize my airship "ragnarok from FF8 <3" and maybe add some storage space inside the ship
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-06-18 08:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

right, with personal airships, they could be a mission reward similar to rank 5 airship pass. probably about the same place or like rank 10 or so. thats if they even have the rank system, but putting it in the middle like 5 makes it a little better morale wise cuz it makes it more of a goal in sight, but at the same time saving it for rank 10 or the equivalent there of would give new players as well as those converted from FFXI a reward to strive forthat on most accounts would be completely awesome
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [296 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-10 04:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Goddamn, what level digging did you need to exhume this thread?
 Fenrir.Dannie
Server: Fenrir
user: Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-04-10 05:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to the past, go to Garlaige Citadel "S" now make ur way to were the broken steps are by gate 2. Ok now talk to the mandy and head to gate 3 exit into Sauromuge Champaign "S", use the maw an re enter "GC" now make ur way to gate 2 and trade the shimmering ligh a carnation."theres ur jump" now u soloed gate 1 an gate 2 and gate 3 w/o help. flying creatures that u ride is so blah and if u do want it go play wow.
 Fenrir.Riousan
Server: Fenrir
user: Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2010-04-10 05:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea how I bumped this thread. I meant to start my own thread... Very sorry.