Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-28 08:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
It's more like upgrading to windows 11.

Until they add stuff that requires you to upgrade, there's really no point. Extra effort for no reason.

It can totally wait to no detriment.
By CerberusFreaky 2022-08-29 12:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe already answered elsewhere, I just got back from a 20 month break.
I know it's not the most meta question out there, but why is the offhand consensus on dual wield, for offhand Reikiko instead of Barbarity +1?
Barbarity offers 28 STR, 7 more attack (not counting the STR into attack conversion) and 4% more WSD.
I know it offers less delay, 12 to be exact, and regain of +30... wich really aint much.
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-08-29 13:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

CerberusFreaky said: »
Maybe already answered elsewhere, I just got back from a 20 month break.
I know it's not the most meta question out there, but why is the offhand consensus on dual wield, for offhand Reikiko instead of Barbarity +1?
Barbarity offers 28 STR, 7 more attack (not counting the STR into attack conversion) and 4% more WSD.
I know it offers less delay, 12 to be exact, and regain of +30... wich really aint much.

Going to have to be more specific on this. What's the main hand and where are you seeing Reikiko suggested? As far as I was aware it was TP bonus axe OH for Savage/Mistral/Calamity and Sangarius +1 R15 or Crep. Knife OH for Decimation w/ Dolich/Kaja MH
By CerberusFreaky 2022-08-29 14:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, dual wield for Dolichenus main hand.
So in your opinion, Crep. Knife better?
Less delay, Quad attack over, 28STR WSD 8 and 50 attack (not counting the attack from STR to Attack conversion)?
Interesting.
By CerberusFreaky 2022-08-29 14:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

like I said, not the most meta question. I just miss the good old dual weild, main hand axe.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-29 15:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dual Wield Dolichenus, the likely winnner if spamming Decimation only is likely Sangarius +1 augmented. Crep. Knife is probably close and or possibly better, but I'm not sure and definitely not sure by how much.

If you're multi-stepping, or Calimity/Mistral spamming and your accuracy supports it, TP bonus magian axe is likely best.

Cloudsplitter spam, also benefits from TP bonus magian axe.

I don't think Barbarity +1 is particularly bad as an option for any of those, but it's not best for any of them.
By CerberusFreaky 2022-08-29 17:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I really appreciate everyone's input.
Since I been on a 20 month break, I don't know the stats of all this augmented UNM stuff (Ody augments).
Decimation was amazing when Doli 1st came out, not sure if anyone even uses that anymore.
All that +3 DA, +3 TA, +3 QA (from Sangatius +1) would absolutely make the weapon more spammable; however, what if your set already has 100% double attack?
I'm so oldschool, I still believe 8WSD and 28 STR and 50 attack, would make the damage spike a ton.
would be very amazing if some of you hardcore parsers would you know, enlighten us.
Again, thanks everyone.
By CerberusFreaky 2022-08-29 18:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure it was answered earlier... but my search skills are weak and to make matters worse, not sure if the main post (page 1 gear), is fully updated.
Can anyone post an updated Savage blade max damage set and a Upheaval Max damage set?
Also, for club (ody purposes), what weapon are y'all using? Black Halo or Judgement?
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2022-08-29 19:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

NQ war ear, assuming one has the all the top earrings prior to sortie, is there a use for it while waiting for the unicorn that is the +2 ear?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-29 20:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

+8 DA + 11-15 acc + crit rate should be pretty good for TP while you wait for +2 to drop. Potentially allows you to drop DA elsewhere if you're doing a 100% DA build, or just flat out replaces a brutal/cessance earring if you're using.
By IGDC 2022-08-29 20:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

CerberusFreaky said: »
Can anyone post an updated Savage blade max damage set and a Upheaval Max damage set?
Also, for club (ody purposes), what weapon are y'all using? Black Halo or Judgement?

sets.precast.WS['Savage Blade'] = {
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head="Agoge Mask +3",
body="Nyame Mail",
hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
legs="Nyame Flanchard",
feet="Nyame Sollerets",
neck={ name="War Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
left_ear="Moonshade Earring",
right_ear="Thrud Earring",
left_ring="Sroda Ring",
right_ring="Karieyh Ring +1",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Damage taken-5%',}},
}
^all Nyame R25

For club: Judgement
[+]
By CerberusFreaky 2022-09-01 14:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

another question, whats the consensus for TP on sword/club?
ZERG
Prolonged fight I/E Dyna D Wave3 boss
DT%
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-09-01 14:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

sets.engaged = {
ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head="Hjarrandi Helm",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
legs="Pumm. Cuisses +3",
feet="Pumm. Calligae +3",
neck={ name="War. Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ear="Schere Earring",
right_ear="Dedition Earring",
right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

Pretty standard issue. Capped PDT with a sprinkle of m.eva from the Sakpata. 100% DA. This is my everyday driver.

Full DT would look like this.

sets.engaged.DT = {ammo="Coiste Bodhar",
head="Sakpata's Helm",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
legs="Sakpata's Cuisses",
feet="Sakpata's Leggings",
waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
right_ear="Brutal Earring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

Still capped DT, obviously, but now with a generous helping of Sakpata magic evasion. Still caps DA. Use this for when you need to resist status effect explosions like an Albumen or Vinipati.

If you have Ukonvasara, you would use a setup like this:

sets.engaged.Ukon = {ammo="Yetshila +1",
head={ name="Sakpata's Helm", augments={'Path: A',}},
body={ name="Sakpata's Plate", augments={'Path: A',}},
hands={ name="Sakpata's Gauntlets", augments={'Path: A',}},
legs={ name="Agoge Cuisses +3", augments={'Enhances "Warrior\'s Charge" effect',}},
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
left_ear="Telos Earring",
right_ear="Boii Earring +1",
right_ring="Begrudging Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

Maximizes your double attack damage with Ukon AM3 and critical hit rate. Capped DA. Respectable DT.

These sets suit any purpose. You wouldn't change anything for a Naegling/Loxotic Mace. Some people roll out the Tatenashi build but its paper thin and I can't really find a suitable use for it. You are always getting stunned, amnesia'd, and farted on in general. Not only do I struggle to find a suitable use for it, I also fail to see any practical DPS gain at all. I have tried many times to use the cannon build. I have abandoned the cannon build many times.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2022-09-01 14:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fished for an Ukon AM3 crit with empy set bonus proc, standard cor/brd buffs and King for Dia III:

https://ibb.co/MPCQXPj
By CerberusFreaky 2022-09-01 18:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

the Warrior thread does not disappoint, as helpful as ever. thanks ^^
 Phoenix.Evolved
Server: Phoenix
user: Special1
By Phoenix.Evolved 2022-09-05 13:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The "Sword and Board" TP Set on the front page shows 2handed weapons and grips, so I'm not sure if the rest of the gear is correct.

The latest 5-6 posts about an updated fencer set include Sakpata's.

Is there a sword and board fencer set that is a little bit lower quality then the dream sets? I don't have odyssey unlocks, but did want to get into the game with savage blade.
By Nariont 2022-09-05 13:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54111/warrior-dwfencerpolearmh2hranged/

probably going to have your sets for pre-ody and augmented unity gear. Will say you should make it a priority to get said ody clear though, as even base sakpata is really good. Alternatively there is also now empyrean +2
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-09-08 11:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
sets.engaged = {
ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head="Hjarrandi Helm",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
legs="Pumm. Cuisses +3",
waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
right_ear="Dedition Earring",

Swapping to Coiste + Vim Torque pulls ahead on paper and is what I've been using but the difference is barely noticeable(excluding the tp tick on the torque).

This new food will overcap double attack to 103% even with the vim torque and nq boi earring but theres no other option worth bothering with.

I've been trying to to work the empy body into a similar set and can reach identical DPS swapping the bodies then swapping dedition to schere (+boii earring) but sacrificing the magic evasion etc on the sakpata body.

Seems to me that WAR and DRG are at the top DPS wise currently. Very easy to hit 9m damage in a seg farm full clear, whilst SAM relies on lots of hybrid mobs to pad the parse and flat out sucks on top floor without soul voice.

If the +3 Boii body has high defence stats and STP the 1 additional haste on the body compared to sakpata's could make it worth using with the odin helm (pretty that set puts us ever slightly under the haste cap despite it being 25%)
By SimonSes 2022-09-08 11:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »
flat out sucks on top floor without soul voice.

You shouldnt ever be without SV on top floors, unless you do this weird mistake and SV on start. You should only SV @15min remaining, you dont need SV for first 2 floors.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-09-08 11:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Jokes said: »
flat out sucks on top floor without soul voice.

You shouldnt ever be without SV on top floors, unless you do this weird mistake and SV on start. You should only SV @15min remaining, you dont need SV for first 2 floors.

Huh? We SV at the start every run and often get to use SV 3 times a run. We also full clear every day twice a day (2 characters each) with 3mins+ to spare.

SV at start might not be needed for WAR but definitely helps the BRD and COR to one-shot dangerous mobs like Ameretat's and Dahaks.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-09-08 14:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree with jokes. Thats just poor cutting cards/wild card management if you cant atleast SV twice. Focusing on 1 persons DPS, vs whole party concept is not the way to do business
[+]
 Odin.Bangla
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2022-09-11 10:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys run with multiple corsairs?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-11 10:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They probably don't, but SPs are 45 minutes. If you do SV at start, a good CC back on your bard later could put it with enough time to SV by 3 or 4, depending on luck. I say later because you would want to try to Wild Card reset first before that point to maximize JAs, so you could get a SV reset before ever needing to CC the BRD. Simon's point vs Jokes is just a modern callback to the very nature of COR: luck and risk based job. Would you rather have 1 guaranteed SV for when you absolutely need it, or do you want to chance it and get possibly 3 SVs, but potentially risking not having it for when you absolutely need it? COR Decisions. Nothing weird about either, just different ways to play.
 Odin.Bangla
By Odin.Bangla 2022-09-11 10:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

When you SV at the start and CC right away and roll a 6, your SV timer would be reduced by 22.5 min, correct? So would have SV again for the last 7.5 min of the run. You wouldn’t want to wait to CC.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-11 10:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

A 6 would actually reduce it to 13.5 minutes recast; don't forget about job points enhancing CC.

Between CC and WC, if you SV at the start of the run you have a pretty solid chance of having it up again for the 4th floor.
 Odin.Bangla
By Odin.Bangla 2022-09-11 10:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the explanation!
By SimonSes 2022-09-11 11:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if it's like 50% chance to have it for floor 4 it's still not worth it. It's much better to have it always at floors 3 and 4 and not have it on floors 1 and 2. You don't need SV for first 2 floors and if you have dahaks or molbors on first two floors and you BRD and Cor aren't sure they can kill them without risk, then they can simply pull and kill from next group. Both Cor and BRD shouldn't have problems with pulling from range. You can use WC to pretty much ensure crooked 11 chaos roll on start, which should help BRD and COR to cap too. If you want to be super optimal, you can haste II everyone on RDM before entering too, so you can do honor + 4 minuets, but that requires tank or healer to have a bis duration RDM on swap.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-11 11:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a noticeably higher chance than 50% to get double. Our group thinks its worth it.
By SimonSes 2022-09-11 12:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
It's a noticeably higher chance than 50% to get double. Our group thinks its worth it.

But why? You risk being severely undercapped for toughest floors. You have way bigger chance for crooked chaos XI on start and not missing anything. I know it's doable anyway, but we are talking about non biased objectively optimal way of doing it and that's not SV at start.
First Page 2 3 ... 216 217 218 ... 224 225 226