Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 215 216 217 ... 224 225 226
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2022-07-19 13:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I def would use Chango over Naeg unless for specific fights. Yes SB does more than up, but you attack so much faster and ws so many more times with /sam.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-07-19 14:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

But Upheaval doesn't let me parse for negative HP!
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-07-19 14:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I never use savage blade on WAR.

I can think of a few things its good for like Bumba and mboze maybe, but not really a fan of it for segments etc.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-07-19 15:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I like SB for dynamis farming especially for mobs that can invincible/PD/mijin/charm and most of the zerg ambu
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-07-19 15:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember, if it doesn't let you inflate parses then it's not cool!
[+]
By Delinger 2022-07-30 06:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

looking for BiS Savage and Judgment Sets please.Is Nyame > Sakpata for WS? or it depends on Capped Attack situations? thank you
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-07-30 06:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Delinger said: »
looking for BiS Savage and Judgment Sets please.Is Nyame > Sakpata for WS? or it depends on Capped Attack situations? thank you

This seems like a good place to start?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Warrior_Guide#Sword_Weaponskill_Sets
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-07-30 11:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

{ ammo="Crepuscular Pebble",
head="Nyame Helm",
body="Nyame Mail",
hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
legs="Nyame Flanchard",
feet="Nyame Sollerets",
neck="War. Beads +2",
waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
left_ear="Thrud Earring",
right_ear="Moonshade Earring",
left_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
right_ring="Sroda Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%'}},}

Pretty standard for Savage Blade and Judgment. If you wanna further optimize past this, you would use Sakpata Gauntlets and probably Sakpata Boots in capped attack situations to scratch at some PDL. But even if you never switched to Sakpata pieces in capped attack situations, you are gonna be just fine.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-30 12:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't Sakpata body and legs the best pieces to swap out for mixing in PDL instead of WSDMG? Swapping Body/Legs is 23 WSDMG > 15 PDL (plus 13% SC damage if you ever find yourself closing SCs), while swapping Hands/Feet is 20 WSDMG > 10 PDL.

That's the best combo for DRK, and I can't imagine the slightly different JSE gear and gifts WAR gets would change it.
By Afania 2022-07-31 06:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question is.... isn't regal better than sroda in an attack uncapped SB set?
By SimonSes 2022-07-31 07:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Aren't Sakpata body and legs the best pieces to swap out for mixing in PDL instead of WSDMG? Swapping Body/Legs is 23 WSDMG > 15 PDL (plus 13% SC damage if you ever find yourself closing SCs), while swapping Hands/Feet is 20 WSDMG > 10 PDL.

That's the best combo for DRK, and I can't imagine the slightly different JSE gear and gifts WAR gets would change it.

Tbh I wouldn't switch anything beside body (and then ammo to Knob). That gives 1.4% increase. After that nothing is really worth it. Legs and feet show no increase and gloves add 0.4% Another thing is relic +3 head is better than Nyame unless you need survivability.
By SimonSes 2022-07-31 07:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
The real question is.... isn't regal better than sroda in an attack uncapped SB set?

Depends if you are in uncapped situation with 5 trusts or uncapped in full party. 50 attack in first scenario is clearly better, but without trusts it's probably kinda close (it's 5str vs 15 attack in party). War is probably a job that is really far from not being capped with Naegling tho. There is only 6%PDL in that set and War has very high attack because of Berserk and Naegling has it's attack bonus on top of 1h weapon having low pdif cap anyway.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-15 08:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was trying to theorycraft an updated TP set for G axe that incorporates the empyrean +2 gear and this is what I came up with. Anyone have any suggestions for swaps or adjustments?

ItemSet 386112
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-15 10:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What augments on mantle? Sakpata head is also going to do more to boost damage over the crit rate on boil mask, but I assume you want the DT?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-15 10:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The Boii body is the only piece I'd think about using in a melee set, and then it depends on if I want the better defensive stats off Sakpata. Now for the hard part, stop thinking "DT good drool" because everything has -DT on it nowadays. PDT/MDT/BDT all cap at 50% and Shell V alone adds 29% MDT making it trivial to reach and PDT the real stat to cap. Cape adds 10% and all our other gear will just naturally cap that out.

The real defensive stats to think of are HP / Def / MDB / MEVA.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-15 10:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going for a more offensive hybrid build that capped -dt and added as much tp gain as possible. Cape is 10% DA, 20 dex, 30 acc, and -10 PDT. That should be enough to cap -DT, hits the 100% DA rate, and adds the 10 sTP on the body. Although sakpata's head is still probably fine. You'd still have -48 DT and 99 DA.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-15 10:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I was going for a hybrid build that capped -dt and added as much tp gain as possible. Cape is 10% DA, 20 dex, 30 acc, and -10 PDT. That should be enough to cap -DT, hits the 100% DA rate, and adds the 10 sTP on the body. Although sakpata's head is still probably fine. You'd still have -48 DT and 99 DA.

You are at 51% PDT in that set. WAR JSE legs have 5% PDT on them. "Capped DA" isn't really a DPS thing, but that's a different conversation. Look into Cessance or Telos earring over Schere, Schere is more for reducing enmity, usually as part of a tanking focused tank.

And again, don't focus on DT, focus on Defense, HP, Magic Defense and Magic Evasion. In that regard Boii +2 isn't much better then Tatenashi, though the +3 might be.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-15 10:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean that's essentially just full sakpata's though isn't it?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-15 10:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I was going for a hybrid build that capped -dt and added as much tp gain as possible. Cape is 10% DA, 20 dex, 30 acc, and -10 PDT. That should be enough to cap -DT, hits the 100% DA rate, and adds the 10 sTP on the body. Although sakpata's head is still probably fine. You'd still have -48 DT and 99 DA.
With DA on mantle, I am counting 105 DA in that set, but maybe my math is wrong. So can swap around legs/earring or something FYI
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-15 10:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seeing a lot of people go Berserk recast/Warcry recast on group 1 merits now. So base would only be 28% instead of 33%.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-15 11:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I'm seeing a lot of people go Berserk recast/Warcry recast on group 1 merits now. So base would only be 28% instead of 33%.
oh Hmmm I could see that, but also then some other build like the one just posted would not be capped.

Edit: To be clear was talking about a 5/5 sakpata set that has since been removed.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-15 11:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
oh Hmmm I could see that, but also then some other build like the one just posted would not be capped.

The build I posted has 72% DA which is just enough to cap when you add the extra 28% base we get from job mastery. I was going for more of a tp oriented hybrid rather than a full tank set. Most things don't require full sakpata's so I figured the build I posited would fare better in seg farm or the like. And you're right, keeping the DA merits and using telos is a better fit. I revised the list to include it instead. I think that build looks really good for a general purpose tp set. Nothing is stopping you from going full hybrid when the situation warrants.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2022-08-19 09:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a WAR cataclysm set I can reference?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-19 09:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Anyone have a WAR cataclysm set I can reference?
Code
	sets.precast.WS['Cataclysm'] = {  ammo="Seething Bomblet +1",
   head="Pixie hairpin +1",
    neck="Sibyl Scarf",
    ear1="Friomisi Earring",
    ear2="Moonshade Earring",
    body="Nyame Mail",
    hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
    ring1="Metamor. Ring +1",
    ring2="Archon Ring",
   back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'INT+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','INT+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
    waist="Orpheus's Sash",
    legs="Nyame Flanchard",
    feet="Nyame Sollerets"}
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-19 10:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ammo should be seething bomblet +1 likely. 15 STR 7 matk (in my head math) should beat 4 int 4 matk 8 macc.

It does have dINT, but it does also have a STR mod.

knobkierrie is also probably decent.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2022-08-21 23:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How much am i off on this set for impulses strike (with shining one)

ammo="Yetshila +1",
head={ name="Agoge Mask +3", augments={'Enhances "Savagery" effect',}},
body="Sakpata's Plate",
hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
legs={ name="Nyame Flanchard", augments={'Path: B',}},
feet="Boii Calligae +2",
neck={ name="War. Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ear="Thrud Earring",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
 Fenrir.Drexler
By Fenrir.Drexler 2022-08-27 23:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

We can kill everything with pre odyssey gear. The 20th anni. was just a send off for the game. WHAT ARE WE GEARING UP FOR??? Not a single damn thing. I've played this game for around 2 decades. This is the end. Deal with it. If you like it keep going, I suppose. But you're only competing against a spreadsheet.
By ksoze 2022-08-28 05:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Drexler said: »
We can kill everything with pre odyssey gear. The 20th anni. was just a send off for the game. WHAT ARE WE GEARING UP FOR??? Not a single damn thing. I've played this game for around 2 decades. This is the end. Deal with it. If you like it keep going, I suppose. But you're only competing against a spreadsheet.

You ok?
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-28 07:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you waiting for SE to provide you hard content?
Drop addon and hacks and go solo woc, helms. Maybe you want group challenge? Do 3x V20 clear in one enter. Do helms without meta jobs. Do V20 Bumba without Zerg strategy.

There are people in RL who free solo climb buildings. Is it not a real achievement, because I can easily use elevator and get to the roof too?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-28 07:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

"X is possible without Y, so Y is pointless" has never been valid as an argument in any context, for a multitude of reasons. This specific argument is one of my pet peeves (outside of FFXI as well), so I'm going to write more than I normally would.

First, it being possible for someone to do X without Y doesn't mean that everyone can do the same thing without Y. A world class high jumper could make the leap from my ground floor to the loft, but that doesn't mean that ladders are useless to me just because it's theoretically possible for someone to get up without one. Similarly, just because some people can clear everything the game has to offer, including V20 Odyssey, without any Odyssey gear at all, doesn't mean that most people can't do that. This is doubly true if you extend that from "using Odyssey gear" (IE, just counting you) to "benefitting from Odyssey gear" (IE, other people in your party using some even if you don't).

Second, even if it's possible for you specifically to do X without Y, it still doesn't make Y pointless. I could get to and from work without a car if I used a bike, but it would change a 20-minute commute into a 60-minute commute, all while tiring me out, exposing me to the elements, and leaving me in more danger due to there not being dedicated bike paths. As a result, I can definitely say that a car is the furthest from pointless for me just from this one situation alone. Odyssey gear makes a ton of content faster, more efficient, and more reliable, including content that is significant harder than V0 Odyssey, the only requirement to get base level Odyssey gear.

Finally, what you're talking about has always been true of FFXI. You didn't need anything from Sky to beat anything in the game at the time, and the same applied for Sea, Legion, and nearly every other piece of content. In its 20-year long life, Delve has been the only content that you absolutely needed gear from it to clear it fully, and that's only because Delve weapons were literally 50%+ stronger than other available options, and there was an immensely pressing time limit.

This is also not even considering the fact that not everyone's goals in FFXI are the clearing of the hardest content. Some people play to collect things, some people play to min/max their performance regardless of what targets are available, some people play to interact with their friends, and more.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 215 216 217 ... 224 225 226