What Would Your Perfect Dynamis 4some Look Like?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » What would your perfect dynamis 4some look like?
What would your perfect dynamis 4some look like?
First Page 2
By kenshynofshiva 2012-10-31 15:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For COP zone any 4 classes to farm coins?
Thf
BST
DNC
PUP

Worked well wondering about brd and using /thf instead of thf main.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-10-31 15:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Four BLU/DNC in separate parts of the zone.
[+]
 Odin.Tupsimati
Server: Odin
By Odin.Tupsimati 2012-10-31 15:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

COP hmmm
THF/NIN for magic proc and Treasure
BST/DNC
DNC/NO sub FOr White Proc
RDM/WHM
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-31 15:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

THF\DNC
MNK\DNC
BRD\DNC
WHM or RDM/DNC

Maybe?

That way you'd have the manpower to destroy any DC mob in no time, good TH and proper buffs + all 4 people can do JA procs.

But I'm not really sure if it's better to do a 4man group and rape stuff together, or if it's better to split up either as 4 people killing solo, or in duos..
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-10-31 15:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

2 blu/dnc and 2 brd/dnc paired up on different dc mobs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-10-31 15:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU/dnc x2
THF/dnc
BRD/sch(or whm?)

BLUx2 for crowd-control, stunlocking NMs, easy TEs, etc.
THF for TH
BRD for buffs, and in a "perfect" setup they would have Mandau and help DD
By kenshynofshiva 2012-11-01 08:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a lot of fans of Bst widescan I see. I hate searching for the bleep TE especially in Bubu....
By Zeota 2012-11-01 08:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
2 blu/dnc and 2 brd/dnc paired up on different dc mobs.

This I like.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-11-01 08:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Mandau THF would be better paired with the BLUs than a BRD if you're just solely farming coins and splitting up into teams.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-01 09:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this:

SAM/DNC
THF/DNC
BRD/RDM

On DC mobs, it worked pretty well getting 600+ coins each run.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Server: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2012-11-01 09:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

THF x2 with rudra or ms.
BRD/NIN constantly pulling
WHM mule for haste and cures

Always ripping through mobs and skill chaining for the extra 2-4k dmg.
By Avitori 2012-11-01 13:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw a party of 4 BSTs in valkurm holding every Easy Prey mob. Most annoying ***ever. Having one pet each is like having having 8 people basically >.>
By Ashandarei 2012-11-01 13:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I do THF/DNC, DNC/WAR and me(the THF) dual boxing a RDM/BLM and pull almost 700 coins.

edit: 95 mandau thf and 99 twash dnc
By pchan 2012-11-08 05:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

THF + this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_otAkCgFgY

aka MNK/MNK/THF/SMN

Let the SMN be WHM to farm pops and the thf be brd to farm ADL :D
[+]
 Odin.Morgish
user: morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2012-11-08 05:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-08 06:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's impressive.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-12 01:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For 4 people, you'd need to have no competition to have the best ideal group. It also depends if you're talking about 4 different people, or 2 people 2-boxing.

If you have 4 seperate people, each playing one character, I would go with this:
BRD/WHM
DNC/WAR
DNC/THF (or thf/dnc... whatever)
MNK/WAR

BRD should be the one doing most of the pulling and crown control with sleep. Also keeps songs up and haste up and any random healing if it's ever needed. DNC/THF is first to engage a pulled mob. Tries Box/Violent/Wild and then moves to next mob. DNC/WAR and MNK/WAR follow up to kill with DNC/WAR being backup procs if the first DNC fails to proc with his first 3 JA's. Adjust for lucky and unlucky proc streaks. Also adjust tp gear to account for all the haste.

Now if you're talking about 2 people 2-boxing, then you probably are talking about 2 support, in which case drop either DNC/WAR or MNK/WAR and add SCH/DNC and don't worry about trying to pull with BRD.
By Avitori 2012-11-12 01:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2012-11-12 01:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

2 mithra's and a taru.
[+]
 Phoenix.Terasan
Server: Phoenix
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2012-11-12 02:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU/DNC
RDM/DNC (Joyeuse)
BRD/DNC (again, Joyeuse)
THF/DNC

Proc and rape, proper buffs, Haste Samba ***.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-12 04:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That setup would suck compared to the one I posted.
Dia3 isn't as good as another DD. Haste Samba from a main DNC is more than twice as good as sub DNC. Same amount of low-cooldown procs. Marches favor DNC and MNK more than BLU.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-11-12 04:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I would never go to dynamis with a 4-person group. The best "setup" would be to disband and go your separate ways. Duo makes sense to me, because then you can mow through the DC mobs with higher drop/proc rates, but four people is a waste of space. If you're splitting up camps, then what's the point of fighting in a party in the first place...? Assuming both parties farm the same amount of currency, everyone gets the exact same amount of currency in the end. Yay math.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-12 06:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Haste Samba from a main DNC is more than twice as good as sub DNC. Same amount of low-cooldown procs. Marches favor DNC and MNK more than BLU.

This is not actually true.

The minimum delay with Verethragna is ((480+51)*0.2) = 106. With Martial Arts VII and AF3+2 body, you have 326 delay and need ~68% Haste to cap. With 25% Haste in gear and Marches/Haste, you have 68% Haste and Haste Samba does nothing for you. If you don't use AF3+2 body this is still true. If your bard isn't top notch it might do something for you, but it's still not much.

Similarly, the minimum delay with Twashtar/Thokcha is 73. With Dual Wield IV (30% base) you have 256 delay and need 72% Haste to cap. 25% in gear, Marches, and Haste gives you 68.75% if your bard is good. 68.75+5 > 72, so Haste Samba from main DNC isn't any better than Haste Samba from /DNC even if you're using no Dual Wield gear.

Blue Mage has 25% Dual Wield at 99 if they set it (30% with Suppa if they want it). They need 73.3333% Haste without Suppa, which is possible again without main-job DNC Haste Samba as long as you're capping magic Haste.

So no, main-job DNC Haste Samba should makes no difference for any of the jobs you're talking about as long as your bard is good. All of the related jobs are capping delay, so the argument you should be making is that DNC and MNK DPS against low level monsters exceeds BLU's. I'm not sure that's the right argument to make.
By itchi508 2012-11-12 06:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If your group is to separate there is no point in staying as a party its not a group and everyone pulls there own weight and own coins, my ideal set up tho would be ( if no compition was around ) then it would bst thf drg sam, thf n bst proc constantly if u have that proc luck u would have 15-20 proc mobs all snarld to falcore, the drg n sam jus going to town on kills wile bst thf continue to proc
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-13 02:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Sylph.Peldin said: »
Haste Samba from a main DNC is more than twice as good as sub DNC. Same amount of low-cooldown procs. Marches favor DNC and MNK more than BLU.

This is not actually true.

The minimum delay with Verethragna is ((480+51)*0.2) = 106. With Martial Arts VII and AF3+2 body, you have 326 delay and need ~68% Haste to cap. With 25% Haste in gear and Marches/Haste, you have 68% Haste and Haste Samba does nothing for you. If you don't use AF3+2 body this is still true. If your bard isn't top notch it might do something for you, but it's still not much.

Similarly, the minimum delay with Twashtar/Thokcha is 73. With Dual Wield IV (30% base) you have 256 delay and need 72% Haste to cap. 25% in gear, Marches, and Haste gives you 68.75% if your bard is good. 68.75+5 > 72, so Haste Samba from main DNC isn't any better than Haste Samba from /DNC even if you're using no Dual Wield gear.

Blue Mage has 25% Dual Wield at 99 if they set it (30% with Suppa if they want it). They need 73.3333% Haste without Suppa, which is possible again without main-job DNC Haste Samba as long as you're capping magic Haste.

So no, main-job DNC Haste Samba should makes no difference for any of the jobs you're talking about as long as your bard is good. All of the related jobs are capping delay, so the argument you should be making is that DNC and MNK DPS against low level monsters exceeds BLU's. I'm not sure that's the right argument to make.
You should've read the part where I said "adjust TP gear to account for haste" which would've saved you a lot of unnecessary typing (it's in my first post).
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-13 02:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Any 4-man group in dynamis without a BRD is going to be worse than a group with a BRD. This should be fairly obvious.

As for marches benefiting BLU more, my previous statement is undoubtedly true, and it's truth lies in the simple fact that BLU casts spells, ergo less percentage of damage comes from melee, ergo marches help less.

As for DNC and MNK dps exceeding BLU's on low level mobs. I would NOT make that argument. I have played all 3 of these jobs in Dynamis. 90 Almace BLU (str magian offhand), 90 Vere MNK, and DNC with str magian dagger and aluh. I haven't played MNK as recently, but I've seen the damage difference between my BLU and DNC very recently. My DNC does more damage if it's just pure melee. My DNC can also proc faster, but my BLU isn't just pure melee and has very high burst damage with CA and Efflux. The total coin counts for both have been almost exactly even when 2-boxing a BRD. (Best on DNC so far is 349, best on BLU so far is 348). Considering how close the coin counts are, I'd say my BLU is killing faster based on the fact that he has less JA's to proc with. Obviously that's not concrete evidence though, and since we're talking about a 4-man party instead of just one person and a mule, I think there would be less opportunities for a BLU to take advantage of self-skillchains.

Of course, the more I think about it, the more stupid I think this discussion is. Why? I mean seriously, who would make a 4-man party just to farm coins unless it was 2 people 2-boxing? There aren't camps that are big enough to really support that. I have run Dynamis Qufim with a friend who also 2-boxed. We ran THF, SCH, MNK, BRD down the tunnels where the DC bats are located. We were capping out at about 600ish coins and almost clearing camps before they could repop. I imagine with the 4-man setup I mentioned, your best bet would be Dynamis Valkurm, running Sheep -> Treants -> Flies, but I still don't think you'd even get 800 coins, which would really suck splitting that 4 ways.

Not to mention that the more people you have = the more you can get hurt by competition.
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-11-13 02:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM
THF
DNC no sub
any heavy DD

do DC mobs NMs
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-11-13 03:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

While we're on the subject of dynamis, I'm curious how well other jobs do in dynamis. I always have a couple mage mules with me, so I don't count. I know THF/DNC can get 300+ soloing cop zones. What kind of numbers are other jobs getting?
First Page 2