What Would Your Perfect Dynamis 4some Look Like?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » What would your perfect dynamis 4some look like?
What would your perfect dynamis 4some look like?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-13 03:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
For COP zone any 4 classes to farm coins?
Thf
BST
DNC
PUP

Worked well wondering about brd and using /thf instead of thf main.

Are you playing 4 characters at once?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-11-13 03:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

sch/rdm thf/dnc thf/dnc brd/nin

lock embrava on boss ??? or entrance, brd does march + minuets(troubed every 12 min to go with embrava) then follows one thf and pulls for them/rebuffs(thfs split up)
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-13 03:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
sch/rdm thf/dnc thf/dnc brd/nin

lock embrava on boss ??? or entrance, brd does march + minuets(troubed every 12 min to go with embrava) then follows one thf and pulls for them/rebuffs(thfs split up)
Might lose too much time going back for Embrava since it won't line up nicely with swapping camps. Interesting idea, although in that situation you'd probably be better off with 3x THF/DNC. 2 can share one camp rotation while the other can run a seperate camp rotation.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-11-13 04:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

flee to ???, mazurka back to camp

not like you need more than march min min anyway

brd should prob sub bst in retrospect

Could probably also pull some pretty decent numbers doing qufim, embrava lock at pond and go down whole east side(mostly beastmen) proccing what you can with SCH/RDM BRD/DNC THF/DNC WAR/SAM(or other good DD). Did 20k exp in ~65 min with that setup +2 follow leeches and no exp band there, didn't get a coin count because none of us cared enough to keep inventory space.. but i'd wager it was pretty high, procs weren't bad at all. Should be about 285 monsters = a kill every 14 seconds. Generally made it back to pond within 30 seconds of embrava wearing killing all snolls, tigers, orcs, yagudo, quadav.

There's pretty little point having people together at popular camps, claims are a limitting point. Granted, this whole thread is silly since you'd be better off all soloing.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-13 04:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Granted, this whole thread is silly since you'd be better off all soloing.
Annnnd /thread
 Leviathan.Kingofkingz
user: Kok
By Leviathan.Kingofkingz 2012-11-13 05:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

thf/dnc solo up tp 300 coins + 100er drops
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-13 07:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
You should've read the part where I said "adjust TP gear to account for haste" which would've saved you a lot of unnecessary typing (it's in my first post).

Well, I'm a DNC with 99 Derpsichore and Twashtar. There's no adjustments to gear Haste that you can make for DNC (after eliminating all Dual Wield gear as I did in my calculations) that make your arguments viable. Similarly, make me a monk set with 10% less Haste that's substantially better than one with capped Haste. What are you going to gain, a few DA%?

For DNC and MNK you should instead use March/Min if you're getting main-job Haste Samba and fighting the same monsters. Your bard should have 95+ G-horn or Langelik and AF3+2 hands. DNC would have to put on some Dual Wield gear, but they can do that easily.

But as others have said, the idea of 4-man farming Dynamis is pretty dumb to start with. The second argument against the viability of Haste Samba is that you shouldn't all be fighting the same monsters if you have essentially 4 melee with March/Min/Haste. Even DCs would die too quickly.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-13 15:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There's no adjustments to gear Haste that you can make for DNC (after eliminating all Dual Wield gear as I did in my calculations) that make your arguments viable.

Using your weapons (not mine)

I don't really expect you, or 99.9% of people to have Khepri or Miodio but this was just for argument's sake.

I actually want to talk more about dnc + brd with you, but I'll move that conversation to the dancer forums.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-13 15:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, kind of amusing considering you linked the set Sylow made me knowing my gear access. So you gain 2% TA and 1% QA (and lose 2% DA) in your TP set. The belt is the only difference between that set and what I'd be using with /DNC Haste Samba.

44% DA, 6% TA, 3% QA
= 1.61 attacks per round with Twashtar
= 2.01 attacks per round with AM3 Terpsichore

42% DA, 8% TA, 4% QA
= 1.64 attacks per round with Twashtar
= 2.05 attacks per round with AM3 Terpsichore

3.7 attacks per round / 3.62 attacks per round = +2.2% attacks per round over /DNC Haste Samba

The point of my original post was that in situations where you are getting double Marches, Haste Samba merits actually barely help DNC or MNK. I think the above 2.2% increase in attacks per round compared to a NQ Haste Samba set pretty much confirms that. Of course, as a Dancer there's no reason for you to have NQ Haste Samba unless you're incredibly lazy, but that's beside the point.
By kenshynofshiva 2012-11-26 22:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a quad box actually and no way do I have the time to spend more than 2 hrs in dynamis in a day on weekends some days maybe lol. So looks like Thf/dnc and brd/dnc are pretty big now the next 2 one has to be bst searching TE sucks and the last up for grabs. Thanks for all the food for thoughts...