'BOTS' Does SE Really Care??

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » 'BOTS' Does SE really care??
'BOTS' Does SE really care??
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-05-26 16:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Agreed, No one saw the LM-17 coming but it happened. No telling if the same-thing will occur.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-26 17:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Reznap said:
Crying about botting is so 2004.

Just because you bot doesn't make it "right" or "old fashioned" to complain about it. It's still wrong.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-05-26 17:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Raen-
I don't mean to call you out in fact I like you as a player and I think you're a really nice guy..

However if you are this against botting or bots, does that mean that the ls that you are with right now does not use bots? I don't know about other servers but I know of alot of HNM ls that do Bot on Bahamut, is yours one of them? If so is this a little odd that you are calling out players/ls that bot?
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-26 17:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, and frankly I'm pretty sure that there is botting involved in every HNMLS, my own included. The only constant is that it is still wrong.

I personally do not and will not bot; this does not absolve me of all "guilt" I am perfectly aware.
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-05-26 17:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how a ghost IP will help, if an app user or whatever can try to claim it, so can a normal person. Bots don't show 'Unable to perform that action.' on screen, they wouldn't be able to see who tried to claim.
 Bismarck.Darkhelmet
Server: Bismarck
user: DH
By Bismarck.Darkhelmet 2009-05-26 17:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's so bad these days that you can say with 95% certainty that anyone (individual or linkshell) that has consistently camped any ground king in the past year is guilty of botting, whether it be guilty of botting or guilt by association.

If you want an Ebody, you don't bot, and your linkshell doesn't bot.. well, you ain't gettin' an Ebody from Nidhogg :D

Just bot if you want that stuff, or join a linkshell that bots. *** 'em.
[+]
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-05-26 17:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkhelmet said:
It's so bad these days that you can say with 95% certainty that anyone (individual or linkshell) that has consistently camped any ground king in the past year is guilty of botting, whether it be guilty of botting or guilt by association.

If you want an Ebody, you don't bot, and your linkshell doesn't bot.. well, you ain't gettin' an Ebody from Nidhogg :D

Just bot if you want that stuff, or join a linkshell that bots. *** 'em.

hehehe, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

I don't know how to bot though. Wish I did so I'd make my character farm all day or something!!
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 17:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kutie said:
.Raenryong said:
Just because you bot doesn't make it "right" or "old fashioned" to complain about it. It's still wrong.

wrong in what way? u make it sound like people are going against there religion. the fact that people use bots is so that they can have a equal chance at a NM.

In a perfect world no one would cheat so others wouldnt have to cheat to catch up.
Either way its bad. "everyone else steals pokeman cards from that kids so its not bad for me to do it too"
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-05-26 17:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

And I was just simply saying..it's one thing to say "I am against botting or any botting activity, but then the next day his/her ls claims Faf/Nidd or any HNM from a bot." And everyone willing to recieve gear from botted HNM shares a little bit of that guilt. I have been in botting ls(shouldn't admit this but I was in Thanatos and I know I recieved gear from that ls on Faf nights.)

My original point wasn't to make this a personally attack on you(Raen), and I know that you don't bot and wouldn't bot..and now I'm not really sure what my points was..I'm done..
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-05-26 17:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect worlds don't exist, so.. BOTS GO
 Asura.Kyoroku
By Asura.Kyoroku 2009-05-26 18:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Its SE they take their sweet *** time but when they notice this more and more they will bring in the ban hammer

Do you remember how long Salvage dupe lasted b4 they finally got the ban?

Just time will tell

The Salvage bans were over the course of 10 months. By your logic, SE must be waiting until the game is dead to act since botting has been ongoing with no real bans (aside from idiots that claim AFK) for the past 5+ years. Salvage bans were carried out not only because they were easily detectable via logs but they were also indirectly affecting the FFXI economy in the form of Salvage armor mats and Alexandrite.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-26 18:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh don't worry Zorander, you do have a valid point. I am somewhat hypocritical by association, but you can't dismiss that it's wrong anyway. A necessary evil, perhaps. Still doesn't make it any less wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-05-26 18:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Like yall never used Gameshark back in the day. /shakes head
[+]
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-05-26 18:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dajociont said:
Like yall never used Gameshark back in the day. /shakes head

I thought gameshark was the coolest.
I bought one with my allowance and used it.
I used to use all the cheat codes.

Then I remembered, that in cheating a game, I cheated myself over the problem solving entertainment that I purchased to begin with. Since ten year ago, I have never used any cheat method.

Sometimes, I will get stuck on a game for months and I'll stop playing.
Other times, I slightly give in and look for a strategy guide to help me past the part I'm stuck on.

But, to cheat, is defeating the whole challenge of the game.
To some effort, I barely use macros as well.

That's my 2 cents...
~Yote
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-05-26 18:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I really only used Gameshark after I beat the game just to beat it even harder than I did the first time. Level 70 Pokemon in the starting city *** YEA
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-26 18:30:29
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I just use cheats on certain games for the funny factor o.o

like who didn't use cheats when playing GTA IV?

like c'mon spawn a tank and get 5 stars always fun XD

Edit: Even if SE never gets to the cheaters I dont really care for it since I don't see myself doing HNMs or joining one of their shells
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-05-26 18:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL yeah dude I loved GTA with cheats. Coolest ***to be made on Earth.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 18:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing with cheats on a solo game is that you're just cheating yourself and not others.
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-26 18:35:22

Ludoggy said:
The thing with cheats on a solo game is that you're just cheating yourself and not others.

well its stupid to use Cheats and win the game on God mode + 100%+ speed

you just wasted 50$ on a game that you finished in 30s xD
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-05-26 18:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI needs God mode.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-05-26 18:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kutie said:
.Raenryong said:

wrong in what way? u make it sound like people are going against there religion. the fact that people use bots is so that they can have a equal chance at a NM. its just how the game is these days. and if u cant coop with it then this game isnt for you.

quit your bitching about botters cuz if u want to compete with others you need to start botting urself. and yes it is pretty old to complain about botters! i noticed most of you that are complaining about botters have no hnm gear so you wouldnt even know how hnm camps are to begin with. no hnm linkshell goes out to hnm camps and not have botters any botters.

That may be the way it seems on certain servers now, but the original reason for obtaining a bot was not to have an equal chance at claiming an NM. Instead it was about creating an advantage for your linkshell.

You may not feel you are crossing a certain boundary by using or benefiting from bots, but even services such as FFXIAH and Windower try to make sure their additions do not become too powerful. And they usually stop short of developing anything along the line of your common HNM claiming bot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ironhide
By Bahamut.Ironhide 2009-05-26 19:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Evilswine said:
Why Irunhide? Sometimes i talk to this guy because its Ironhide's mule.

Thankyou Evilswine for pointing out the obvious... or what I thought to be. Ironhide - Irunhide I completely agree botting sux and there should be something done about it. If they do one day decide to go after people I hope they are smarter then the guy that started this post and dont ban people that have nothing to do with botting.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ironhide
By Bahamut.Ironhide 2009-05-26 21:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

just want to add a special thanks to Ryuke (Malinari) for his in-game convo about how I'm Thecrow, I have five hands, no life, everyone laughs at me, and I bought my account. FYI I never been in your LS, I created this character from scratch 2 years and 11 months ago, Thecrow is a friend, I play 1 account with my 2 hands, and I don't need pity from an Irish bum who's looking at his sisters pic. Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass... SE should do something about Bots, aswell as 10 year old cowards who get offended of other peoples ideas, and slander thier names. BTW if I was gonna buy a character dont you think they would have something worth paying for >.>
[+]
 Garuda.Ishkur
Server: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-05-26 23:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Kutie said:
.Raenryong said:

wrong in what way? u make it sound like people are going against there religion. the fact that people use bots is so that they can have a equal chance at a NM. its just how the game is these days. and if u cant coop with it then this game isnt for you.

quit your bitching about botters cuz if u want to compete with others you need to start botting urself. and yes it is pretty old to complain about botters! i noticed most of you that are complaining about botters have no hnm gear so you wouldnt even know how hnm camps are to begin with. no hnm linkshell goes out to hnm camps and not have botters any botters.

I might have no HNMLS gear but that doesn't mean I wasn't in a HNMLS or more than one as it's my case... I always found the ambient too toxic and always wound up quitting the game. Because I found out the reality where everyone used pos hacking, claim boting, etc. Stuff that made the game suck.

If you ask me why it's wrong? Well violating the trust of people that you don't know is enough for me. I trust that my competition won't use ilegal tools to outperform me.
Why is doping in sports wrong? (not sure that's the word in english, if not someone correct me :P)
Why are colluding enterprises wrong?
Why is wrong when a certain government gives a subvention to only one enterprise and not all?
It's just unfair, there is a fragile equality that's broken by an outside intervention.
If you don't find those things wrong then this conversation is over.
We just see life differently.
[+]
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-05-27 00:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ishkur said:
I might have no HNMLS gear but that doesn't mean I wasn't in a HNMLS or more than one as it's my case....

so i take it you guys were legit, sucked and couldnt get claim, and ended up breaking shell?
great argument against botting
[+]
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-05-27 01:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Let's just hope it's within SE's capacity. Although I certainly won't hold my breath.

PS2 limitations!
 Siren.Sephirothx
Server: Siren
By Siren.Sephirothx 2009-05-27 03:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

bot, who needs bots, i need bots, i'm on xbox, i cant have bots, i hate bots
 Odin.Leey
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-05-27 04:10:12

"wrong in what way? u make it sound like people are going against there religion. the fact that people use bots is so that they can have a equal chance at a NM. its just how the game is these days. and if u cant coop with it then this game isnt for you.

quit your bitching about botters cuz if u want to compete with others you need to start botting urself. and yes it is pretty old to complain about botters! i noticed most of you that are complaining about botters have no hnm gear so you wouldnt even know how hnm camps are to begin with. no hnm linkshell goes out to hnm camps and not have botters any botters."

its comments like this that will make sure ppl continue doing it for years to come, they should ban hammer the *** and stop being pussies about it.

just for harms sake tho the salvage banning was a result of "well they are doing it and getting away with it why cant i?" and with you making comments like that should they choose to ban hammer this ***its going to be partly your fault.
 Asura.Askura
user: Askura
By Asura.Askura 2009-05-27 08:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well SE are pretty fast dealing with RMT advertisng every GM I speak to have already dealt with the person by the time i've reported it. They ask that I keep doing so, so I assume that they say that to everyone and actually want to get rid of RMT.