Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-02 15:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

03-30-2012 01:53 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

I have quite a bit of information to share regarding adjustments to the weakness system for the final chapter of Voidwatch.

Mizuki Ito said:
Hello. Director Mizuki Ito here.

For the final chapter of Voidwatch, we are currently revamping the effects of weakness exploitation as well as weakness options. Below I will explain about the plans for each adjustment and specific adjustment content.

• Effect of weakness exploitation revamps
    Currently, the main objective of exploiting weaknesses has been to gain temporary items, but we would like to improve this and make the actual action of exploiting a weakness elicit an effect that is advantageous in battle (weakening a monster’s attack).The severity of the effect will be larger with the amount of “!” weaknesses hit, with the maximum gains coming from weakness exploits with “!!!!!”.

• Weakness option revamps
    Based on feedback, we are working on improving this aspect, with focus on those options that are difficult to exploit weaknesses.
    Specifically for the current adjustments, we will be revamping the below, focusing on abilities and spells acquired via merit points as well as special abilities of pets.

• Removal of abilities/spells acquired via merit points
      We will be removing these from the weakness options due to the large effects it is eliciting on restricting the freedom of how players can spend their merit points.
    • Weakness adjustments related to pet’s special abilities
      With the limited number of options available for pets as well as the frequency of use when compared to other jobs, it is more difficult to exploit weaknesses. Therefore, in order to improve this aspect, we will be adjusting this by focusing on refinement.
      The below outlines the adjustments for each pet.

• Familiars
        Consolidated to the special ability “Sheep Charge”(Sheep).
        (This was chosen based on pet level, amount of HP, attack power, and jug cost.)
      • Wyverns
        Breath will be removed as an option.
        While wyverns will lose the special ability for weakness, dragoon job abilities can be utilized.
        Consolidated to one option for each avatar.

• Carbuncle: Holy Mist
        • Fenrir: Lunar Bay
        • Ifrit: Fire IV
        • Shiva: Blizzard IV
        • Garuda: Aero IV
        • Titan: Stone IV
        • Ramuh: Thunder IV
        • Leviathan: Water IV
        • Diabolos: Night Terror

• Automaton
        Consolidated to the special ability “Armor Shatterer” (Sharpshot frame).
        (This was chosen based on the fact that it is possible to attack from long-distance without getting close.)

• Adjustments for other job abilities
      • Replace Bounty Shot with Shadowbind
      • Replace Modus Veritas with Libra
      • Addition of Bully to weakness options

※For each option that will be removed, we will be replacing it with a spell or ability for that same job, and we will be doing our best so that ratio in which each job can exploit weakness does not change.
(We will only be reducing the number of options and will make it so that the utility of that job is not reduced.)

In regards to these revamps for the weakness effects and weakness options, based on feedback for the final chapter, we would like to continue making adjustments and ultimately reflect these changes in the previous chapters of Voidwatch.

Finally, in regards to adjustment progress, as long as everything continues to go smoothly, we estimate that we will be able to implement the above content.
By all means, please give us your feedback on these adjustments as well as feedback after implementation.
Subscribe

04-16-2012 07:45 PM
[source]
Rukkirii
Community Rep

Greetings,

Mocchi was able to speak to the dev. team to clarify a few things in regards to the Voidwatch Final Chapter regarding loot and weaknesses.

A player asked whether or not drop rates would be affected by Treasure Hunter, which caused some strategies to be changed around when compared to previous chapters. We can say that yes, Treasure Hunter does have an effect on loot drop rates and we plan on further increasing gear drop rates on top of this as well.

Some players suggested that we remove the low quality drops, or “useless” items, from the rewards at the end. We aren’t providing those lower tier rewards to cause players to be upset, and it is possible for us make it so those drops are removed and no item drops in their place instead.

However, if we were to replace certain items that are perceived as useless, with no drop players may feel that the loot system is bugged when they don’t receive any reward. As such, we would like to provide some sort of drop each time. Also, we have received many comments asking that the items dropped are improved slightly, but we have no plans to make any adjustments at the moment. We feel that we have to draw a line somewhere, or else the requests would begin to get out of hand. As such, we will maintain our current system.

We understand those that would like the drop rates of scrolls to be raised, but we consider gear to be the main aspect of rewards from the final chapter of Voidwatch. Since Arise and Meteor can be obtained through other content, we will maintain their current drop rates.

Weaknesses
  • Beastmaster
    It seems like opinions are split on call beasts. Seems like there are bit more calls for Gerard to be used, but we would like to continue to receive feedback.

• Puppetmaster
    For PUP’s weakness, we’re considering using “Strobe” as their trigger.

• What about implementing weakness regardless of specific pets, avatars or automaton frames?
    We didn’t touch on this last time, but in terms of this function, it will be implemented. However, we have to consider if it is acceptable to place weaknesses on support jobs when it comes to adding weaknesses to SMNs and PUPs.

To explain what we are trying to accomplish: we want to offer an exploitable weakness from the player’s pet/avatar/automaton at a certain rate if they use a special ability. Basically, we’re not trying to make it so “certain abilities will always result in a weakness trigger.” The reason is that it would be too difficult to manage which abilities are used in which situation when also needing to consider weaknesses in battle.
Subscribe
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-02 15:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are good, why are you sighing? :P
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-02 15:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
The title ~.~ I can't edit it

It's driving me crazy D:!
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-02 15:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so used to the internet, my brain has internal interpretive spell-check.
[+]
 Odin.Frescora
Server: Odin
user: Frescora
By Odin.Frescora 2012-04-02 15:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Are these adjustments going to affect all the VW, or just the FC? I usually end up going as SMN to VW, so while it'll be nice to not have to cycle through as many as 7 BP looking for proc, I think limiting the avatar procs to t4 spells is making it too easy. As for losing the meritable procs, I can see the pros and cons. Not many WARs merited Tomahawk, much less actually had a tomahawk to toss at NM. Or some SAMs didn't feel a need to merit Blade Bash. But more times than not, I've seen the spells are more likely merited than abilities.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-02 15:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently, only the final chapter.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-02 15:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Frescora said: »
I think limiting the avatar procs to t4 spells is making it too easy.

No. There always should have been a maximum of one BP per avatar. The way it was was just stupid.

This allows for more strategic triggering.
[+]
 Bismarck.Disguise
user: xKrafty
By Bismarck.Disguise 2012-04-02 15:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Has the final chapter been implemented into the game for players to go and do?
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-04-02 15:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's in the game now. If anyone has been there, did the zone have that music that was found awhile ago?
 Bismarck.Disguise
user: xKrafty
By Bismarck.Disguise 2012-04-02 15:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
It's in the game now. If anyone has been there, did the zone have that music that was found awhile ago?
Okay then, thanks. Any idea on how to get there?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-02 15:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It has the more serene track playing when not in combat. I'd imagine the combat music the more active piece.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-04-02 15:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

did SE bork Bismarck? adds jumping hate randomly, even when fair away and procced
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2012-04-02 15:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels more like a dumbing down of an already simple thing. While I love the Wyvern breath part, because that pissed me off more then anything, the rest seems a bit much I guess.
 Bismarck.Phetty
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-04-02 15:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SE why you forget Blu? Seriously they forgot to either address the number of blu procs or removing the wait under vw status. At least they fixed lolbst and forced them into using sheep.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-02 15:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kolvar said: »
Feels more like a dumbing down of an already simple thing. While I love the Wyvern breath part, because that pissed me off more then anything, the rest seems a bit much I guess.

If you seriously thought PUP, BST, and SMN procs were ok then I don't know what kind of world you live in.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2012-04-02 16:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

If you seriously thought PUP, BST, and SMN procs were ok then I don't know what kind of world you live in.

Dropping from all BP procables to 1, seems a bit much. They could of went down to maybe half. Making it so BST only needs to have 1 thing, again seems a bit much. Are they going to make it so that all WSs are one WS procs only next?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-02 16:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't sheep a terrible choice out of all the pets they could chose?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-02 16:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Dropping from all BP procables to 1, seems a bit much. They could of went down to maybe half. Making it so BST only needs to have 1 thing, again seems a bit much. Are they going to make it so that all WSs are one WS procs only next?

Weaponskills aren't restricted to a 45 second recast timer.

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Isn't sheep a terrible choice out of all the pets they could chose?

Meh. All BST pets are terrible.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-02 17:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »

i forgot what music was found, but seems 2 new music tracks in here so far
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-02 17:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

and no the music doesnt change in battle lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-04-02 19:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »

XD <3
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-04-02 19:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phetty said: »
SE why you forget Blu? Seriously they forgot to either address the number of blu procs or removing the wait under vw status.
This
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-04-02 19:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Bismarck.Phetty said: »
SE why you forget Blu? Seriously they forgot to either address the number of blu procs or removing the wait under vw status.
This

It's not that hard to just get 2 blu's for all the spells.
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2012-04-02 19:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Using two blus to set every spell is wasting 2 slots. Wait 60 seconds for the one blu to change spells and deal with it.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-02 20:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »

XD <3
thank you Anye ; ;
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-04-02 21:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Prinnysmash said: »
Using two blus to set every spell is wasting 2 slots. Wait 60 seconds for the one blu to change spells and deal with it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eriina
Server: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-04-02 21:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Prinnysmash said: »

riiight because a blu that's blocking up the proc list by needing to change spels multiple times is good game design.

last night on Aello blu fire came, while proccing that blu light came up which i didnt have set. So about 10 more seconds to finish proccing fire, swap out earth put in light, wait a minute.

while waiting for spells to cool earth and ice came up, neither of which i had on, so finish waiting for cool, proc light, take off light and wind, set earth and ice, begin waiting.

coulda been onto other procs for other jobs like 5 minutes ago keeping him locked up, but yeah i guess waiting 60 seconds each time is the fun part?

brilliant
[+]
First Page 2 3