[TV] The Legend Of Korra - Book 2: Spirits

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » [TV] The Legend of Korra - Book 2: Spirits
[TV] The Legend of Korra - Book 2: Spirits
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 21:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've waited so long for this show to arrive :o!!! I LOVED Avatar: The Last Airbender (not the movie, oh god what did they do...) and from the first two episodes I watched it seems to be a very well done sequel.

The first season/book is Air, which is perfect because the main character Korra is the complete opposite of Aang and is proficient in water. She also knows how to use fire and earth but struggles to understand how air even works. I love the character in this sequel, she is the complete opposite of Aang in every way really, and I look forward to watching more of it!

The Legend of Korra premiers on April 14th, and will have a total of 26 episodes. Book one will have a total of 12 episodes while book two will have a total of 14. You can watch the two premier episodes early if you really want to... ... ... ... ... but otherwise they will both premier on April 14th.

ABOUT LEGEND OF KORRA
Republic City is everything that Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko fought for when they ended the Hundred Year War. With balance restored to the four nations, benders and non-benders can live together in peace, in this thriving metropolitan area. But even the steampunk paradise of Republic City has its problems, as the next Avatar discovers. When Avatar Korra arrives in Republic City to master her airbending, she comes face to face with criminal bending gangs as well as members of a vocal anti-bending revolution. Before long, Korra's Avatar skills are put to the test when she encounters a group of Chi-blockers led by the charismatic and mysterious Amon, who threatens the city and all the benders in it. Despite the immense danger, Korra vows to fight the growing anti-bending revolution. But will she be able to stop Amon before he rises to power and makes his vision of a bending-free world a reality?

KORRA / AVATAR
Korra couldn't have less in common with Aang, the previous Avatar. A 17-year-old girl from the Southern Water Tribe, she is as hot-headed and eager as she is talented. When she runs away to Republic City, her stubbornness and impatience get in the way of her bending studies, but it is clear from the start that she is destined for greatness. Korra discovers many new things in Republic City - some amazing and some terrifying. Whether its honing her bending skills in the Pro-bending Arena, facing off with street thugs or facing an anti-bending rebellion, Korra learns that being the Avatar comes with many dangers and responsibilities. As if being a teenager wasn't hard enough on its own!

MAKO / FIREBENDER
A Firebender with a serious side, the handsome and brooding Mako has always taken care of his little brother, Bolin. Growing up on the streets has given him a hard edge, but Mako loves his brother and will do anything to protect them both. Intensely focused on getting their team through the Pro-bending tournament and winning the jackpot, Mako's tightly controlled world gets a little more chaotic when Korra enters the picture.

BOLIN / EARTHBENDER
No matter how intense things get around Republic City (and they do get intense), Bolin is always good for a laugh. Mako's younger brother and Pro-bending teammate, Bolin tends to be more laidback and likes to have a good time. Despite their tough childhood, Bolin always has a smile on his face and a lady on his arm. In fact, it was Bolin who was responsible for introducing Mako to Korra. But Bolin is no clown. When the time comes to buckle down and bend some earth, this tough contender can handle his business.

TENZIN / AIRBENDER
Tenzin and his wife Pema raise their two daughters, Jinora and Ikki, and son Meelo, on Air Temple Island. As Avatar Aang's son and an Airbender, Tenzin carries a great responsibility on his shoulders to continue the dream of his father to protect not only the next Avatar, but also Republic City. Generally very serious and calm, Tenzin's serene life on Air Temple Island is rocked when the impetuous Korra moves into his home to continue her airbending training. As Korra's teacher, Tenzin finds his patience tested time and again but he also realizes that while she has a lot to learn from him, he also has something to learn from her.

CHIEF LIN BEIFONG
Her mother Toph taught Avatar Aang how to earthbend, but Chief Lin Beifong doesn't feel any special affection for the new Avatar. In fact, this metal and earthbending police chief sees Korra's arrival as the biggest threat Republic City has faced in recent times. Korra's reckless ways are constantly leaving Lin Beifong's streets in ruin, and this chief is determined to push the Avatar out of her city.

AMON
Little is known about the mysterious leader of the anti-bending revolution. He wears a mask to conceal his face. He is a nimble, stealthy fighter who shows no fear even against the highest-level bender. His ultimate goal is to rid the world of bending.

NAGA
Korra's polar bear-dog is her loyal companion and main mode of transportation. Historically, this creature was feared and hunted by members of the Water Tribe. Korra is the only person ever to have tamed one. Naga is very protective of Korra, and has learned how to use her strength to help Korra out of perilous situations.

PABU
Bolin found this cute fire ferret scrounging for food on the street and rescued him. He's a mischievous little fellow, always getting into things he shouldn't. But Pabu has gotten Bolin out of plenty of sticky situations with his agility and sharp teeth, and more often, he's been Bolin's partner in crime while playing practical jokes on Mako.
[+]
By volkom 2012-03-25 21:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

*drools*
[+]
 Carbuncle.Haseo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Harusame
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-03-25 21:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Where can I find ep. 1?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 21:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You can PM me for a link, but I can't post it :(

(Episode 1 & 2 in HD 720p)
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2012-03-25 21:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This site is 100% legit as far as I know and has episodes 1 and 2 on it. It looks like it's run by either Nick or someone having to do with the show.

EDIT: The site is run by Viacom

© 2012 Viacom International Inc. All Rights Reserved. <-- at the bottom of the page. It's legit.

http://www.korranation.com/

But great great show so far. Loved The Last Airbender and love this show.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 21:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah thanks Jesi, that should work fine :) I couldn't find any "legit" sources unfortunately :(

Ah :( well that's a good source, it's very LQ though unfortunately. The one I found is 720p.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 21:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a very beautiful show in HD, I'll be watching this on tv for sure :3 I'll watch the premier episodes over again idc XD
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 22:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

love the battles in this show, they use the elements so well and make room for plenty of humor XD

(This is when Korra is taking on some city thugs taking advantage of a shop owner)
 Phoenix.Komugichan
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2012-03-25 22:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked the Pro-bending match it is an interesting concept. Looking forward to watching more.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 22:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Komugichan said: »
I liked the Pro-bending match it is an interesting concept. Looking forward to watching more.
I did as well :o they are doing very well with battle coordination right from the start.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-03-25 22:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Big fan of ATLA so ofcourse I watched this..I've seen eps 1 and 2 twice now.

I withhold judgement atm..so far the first two episodes havent been the greatest for me even though my 12 yo sister loves them. I didn't like the first episodes of ATLA either or really any show for that matter..first eps are always weird.

At first glance, I didn't care for Korras personality. She seemed really disrespectful and destructive and the episodes felt very rushed. After seeing it again I feel things flowed better.

I like the idea of the probending but what really shined was Tenzin. ATM Tenzin is the awesomest character we've seen.

The preview/teaser thing for the season has me really excited storywise plus the badguys name is Amon and I have a thing for characters named Amon.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 22:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said: »
Big fan of ATLA so ofcourse I watched this..I've seen eps 1 and 2 twice now.

I withhold judgement atm..so far the first two episodes havent been the greatest for me even though my 12 yo sister loves them. I didn't like the first episodes of ATLA either or really any show for that matter..first eps are always weird.
I agree, but I think they are holding off a bit so the show can actually grow and get better overtime you know?

At first glance, I didn't care for Korras personality. She seemed really disrespectful and destructive and the episodes felt very rushed. After seeing it again I feel things flowed better.
Same, but I kinda see her more closer to the fire side even though she's mainly a water bender. It makes sense to me that way plus she can use fire and earth fairly decently so far.

I like the idea of the probending but what really shined was Tenzin. ATM Tenzin is the awesomest character we've seen.

The preview/teaser thing for the season has me really excited storywise plus the badguys name is Amon and I have a thing for characters named Amon.
I LOVE Tenzin's character, they really did well I think introducing him and showing him off in the introductory episodes so far.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 22:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I love Naga, she's a cutie "polar bear-dog" lol XD!

Carbuncle.Haseo
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-03-25 22:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Amon's voice actor Spike Speigel?!
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2012-03-25 22:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know about this show but I'll definitely be watching now - ty ;)
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-03-25 22:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Haseo said: »
Is Amon's voice actor Spike Speigel?!

was wondering that too but I checked imdb and it isnt listed

and my 12 yo sister wasnt any help when I was shouting "DOES THAT SOUND LIKE SPIKE TO YOU!? IS THAT SPIKE SPIEGEL!?" and she was all like "What is a spike speegull?" and I was like "guuuuurlll you best be getting out of my vicinity"

I didn't go any further than imdb though so idk..
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 22:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

From wiki:

Amon (Steve Blum)[27] is a mysterious masked man who leads "the Equalists", an anti-bending organization which uses chi-blocking skills to subdue their foes. He has been confirmed as the major antagonist of the series.

.... Among his credits include the voice of Spike Spiegel of the anime series Cowboy Bebop and Mugen of the anime series Samurai Champloo.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-03-25 22:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Loved the first two episodes, cant wait for more!
By Cookiesncream 2012-03-25 22:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm freaking out! I didn't know they were making a sequal to Avatar!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 22:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure how you all can figure that out just by listening to a character... I rarely ever catch onto that :(
 Carbuncle.Haseo
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-03-25 23:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Steve Blum also voiced the host of Tunami on CN back in the day too. Cowboy Bebop is probably one of his best jobs. But so far love the character developments for the first 2 episodes and how the setting reminds me of a 1920's era San Francisco/China Town. Not a spoiler or anything but already see romance development out of the gate.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 23:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Haseo said: »
Lol Steve Blum also voiced the host of Tunami on CN back in the day too. Cowboy Bebop is probably one of his best jobs. But so far love the character developments for the first 2 episodes and how the setting reminds me of a 1920's era San Francisco/China Town. Not a spoiler or anything but already see romance development out of the gate.
Yea there is going to be one for sure lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 23:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it april 14th yet?? I want to see this again but on tv D:

Welp, time to watch it again .-.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-03-25 23:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I'm not sure how you all can figure that out just by listening to a character... I rarely ever catch onto that :(

Steve Blum has a very distinct voice. Also I don't know much about voice acting and if it's just that difficult of a job to get but there's like a list of voice actors that are in practically everything. You can't watch 5 minutes of tv without hearing Jim Cummings for example...I'm usually pretty good at naming voice actors though there are a few people who I've mistaken for SB >>
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-03-25 23:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

omgs i cant wait :D
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-25 23:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol XD
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-26 00:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Trolled about Zuko's mother not 10 minutes in. Seriously.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-26 01:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Never forgive them for that... they might think we want another!!!! >:O
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-26 01:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zedge said: »
Very happy with the first two episodes, If it carries on like this...I might even forgive them for the Avatar Movie (Highly unlikely though haha)

I still haven't bothered to watch this. Is it that awful? Like, to the point of not worth pressing play because it messed up so bad? Or was it just a disappointment?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8