Help With Redoing Mythic Weapon Quest!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Help with redoing mythic weapon quest!
Help with redoing mythic weapon quest!
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-03-18 11:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently finished working on my mythic weapon and when i try to trade a new weapon to Abquhbah to start a new one I get a yellow message saying this :
"You cannot successfully complete this trade transaction wile in possesion of a "Serpentking Zahak relief shard" (KI).
You must first finish the quest "Comming full circle" before trading a new weapon."
I went through wiki, bg, and other websites to see if I was missing doing something from that quest to finish it, but i have done everything that is supose to be done to get that quest done. I even tried all steps over again to see if i missed something, but i get no CS or anything that gives me a hint as of what to do or how to get rid of that relief shard KI.
I even went over some quest that might be messing with this one, but nothing been successful so far. I called a GM and all i got was he saying that they can't help players giving tips or hints.
Some of my friends say that maybe I can't have more than one mythic, but i am sure there are ppl with more than one and I don't see why i can't have more than one since ppl can have more than one relic and empys.
So, if anyone can help me in this matter i'll apreciate it.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-18 11:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a friend with yagrush and he's 28\30k for a new one aswell(everything else done I think), so I'm fairly sure it's possible to have more than one.
Sorry I can't help more than that :<

GL!

Edit: typo
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-03-18 11:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »
I recently finished working on my mythic weapon and when i try to trade a new weapon to Abquhbah to start a new one I get a yellow message saying this :
"You cannot successfully complete this trade transaction wile in possesion of a "Serpentking Zahak relief shard" (KI).
You must first finish the quest "Comming full circle" before trading a new weapon."
I went through wiki, bg, and other websites to see if I was missing doing something from that quest to finish it, but i have done everything that is supose to be done to get that quest done. I even tried all steps over again to see if i missed something, but i get no CS or anything that gives me a hint as of what to do or how to get rid of that relief shard KI.
I even went over some quest that might be messing with this one, but nothing been successful so far. I called a GM and all i got was he saying that they can't help players giving tips or hints.
Some of my friends say that maybe I can't have more than one mythic, but i am sure there are ppl with more than one and I don't see why i can't have more than one since ppl can have more than one relic and empys.

sounds to me like you got the lazy GM, doesn't sound like a problem on your end at all if you have everything finished.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-03-18 11:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can have more than one, Byohtsemoh has a Ryunohige and Yagrush.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-03-18 11:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course GM's can't help players. Why else would they have them!

I'd be surprised if you can't do more than one mythic. What else would keep a person paying subscription fees for longer than multiple mythics...

Edit:
Bahamut.Aeronis said: »
You can have more than one, Byohtsemoh has a Ryunohige and Yagrush.

Good to know for sure.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-03-18 12:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

coming full circle should be last quest to attain mythic,and i really hope you havent trialed your mythic,because there is a known issue where if you dont finish it b4 you start the trial to get it to 99,you are stuck.so hopefully you still have your mythic 75,if you have done the bc fight where you need the 3 znm t4 items,and have killed Balrahn Eidolon,you must return to Caedarva Mire and go to the cemetery at (E-10). Offer the Mythic Weapon to fully unlock it.
After receiving the unlocked weapon, wait until after the next Japanese midnight and check the Imperial Whitegate for another cutscene.
Talk to Abquhbah for the final cutscene and 3 Imperial Silver Pieces. check if you have done those steps,the cs whit Abquhbah is the last step needed to complete the quest totally,and i guess a conquest tally is needed after that to start another mythic quest.i hope this is helpfull GL ^^
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-03-18 12:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Stiel said: »
coming full circle should be last quest to attain mythic,and i really hope you havent trialed your mythic,because there is a known issue where if you dont finish it b4 you start the trial to get it to 99,you are stuck.so hopefully you still have your mythic 75,if you have done the bc fight where you need the 3 znm t4 items,and have killed Balrahn Eidolon,you must return to Caedarva Mire and go to the cemetery at (E-10). Offer the Mythic Weapon to fully unlock it.
After receiving the unlocked weapon, wait until after the next Japanese midnight and check the Imperial Whitegate for another cutscene.
Talk to Abquhbah for the final cutscene and 3 Imperial Silver Pieces. check if you have done those steps,the cs whit Abquhbah is the last step needed to complete the quest totally,and i guess a conquest tally is needed after that to start another mythic quest.i hope this is helpfull GL ^^

Wonder if he can still complete it
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-03-18 12:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said: »

sounds to me like you got the lazy GM, doesn't sound like a problem on your end at all if you have everything finished.
This kind of mentality is never going to solve any problem. Bashing them neither.

After reading OP, all I can think of is: did anything special happen when you first completed your Mythic? Did you get disconnected at a specific point, did you notice anything weird in the walkthrough after obtaining this key item?

At this point, for the GM to tell you this, it means that either: there is a specific step he can't inform you of that you should go through or, it's a bug and then you just have to report a bug regarding the key item not disappearing, for example. Though, if it's the later, the GM sucked big time but it's ok, you can go through forums to avoid this.

If you did retry all the steps of a mythic upgrade, though, I would lean toward the bug.

Well if it's a known issue, all you can do is pray that they fix it in the next update :/
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-03-18 12:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So,basically, if I started doing the Trials of the Magians for the weapon before waitting for the jp midnight, i can't make another mythic since i didn't finish that quest? How am i supose to proceed then? And should the KI be the responsible for making me advance in the quest? It has not changed with the weapon so don't see why i can't proceed. And If iam in fact stuck, why can't a GM help me since i can't do anything about it?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-03-18 12:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously the weapon is fully unlocked if trials could be completed on it.

I would wager he/she forgot to check the Imperial WG, thus activating the bug.

So, naically, if I started doing the Trials of the Magians for the weapon before waitting for the jp midnight, i can't make another mythic since i didn't finish that quest? How am i supose to proceed then? An should the KI be the responsible for making me advance in the quest? It has not changed with the weapon so don't see why i can't proceed. And If iam in fact stuck, why can't a GM help me since i can't do anything about it?
I doubt they had planned for one to be able to do trials before actually completing the quest. But yes, that seems to be the deal and unfortunately, you'll need to file a bug report.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-03-18 12:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Obviously the weapon is fully unlocked if trials could be completed on it.

I would wager he/she forgot to check the Imperial WG, thus activating the bug.

So, naically, if I started doing the Trials of the Magians for the weapon before waitting for the jp midnight, i can't make another mythic since i didn't finish that quest? How am i supose to proceed then? An should the KI be the responsible for making me advance in the quest? It has not changed with the weapon so don't see why i can't proceed. And If iam in fact stuck, why can't a GM help me since i can't do anything about it?
I doubt they had planned for one to be able to do trials before actually completing the quest. But yes, that seems to be the deal and unfortunately, you'll need to file a bug report.
Never had to report a bug before..... is there a way in game of have to go to the official site? Also to all those that are about finish mythic, learn from my mistake. ><
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-03-18 12:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So,basically, if I started doing the Trials of the Magians for the weapon before waitting for the jp midnight, i can't make another mythic since i didn't finish that quest? How am i supose to proceed then? And should the KI be the responsible for making me advance in the quest? It has not changed with the weapon so don't see why i can't proceed. And If iam in fact stuck, why can't a GM help me since i can't do anything about it?
Because it's an issue that needs a patch, GMs aren't wizards that can change how a quest works.

If it has been reported on the forums or by a player in general, they'll fix it one day in an update. If it hasn't been reported yet, you should do it, through a normal GM call.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-03-18 12:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the help guys, specially to Stiel for that info. I'll proceed with reporting the bug either through a GM or in the offical forums.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-03-18 18:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried reporting this to a GM in game but all he told me is that there is no known issue with that and that probably i was just missing doing a few steps. Even though i went through all of them several times, the CS are not triggering. The GM just went up and said they can't give hints or tips to players.... I tried to post the screenshot of the conversation here but i can't find a way. I just went and made a bug report thread in the official forums.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-18 18:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

if thats true imma rage..cuz you're damn right i didnt want until jp midnight before doing trials on my gastraphetes...

ugh imma go try to finish the cs now, and turn in another weapon..dunno which to turn in, club smn staff or blm staff?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-18 18:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

A GM also said that Coruscanti's effect was "very noticeable." Report it on OFs.
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-03-18 18:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Wonder if he can still complete it

Off topic but that is a sexy PUP.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-18 18:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not even getting a CS in imperial whitegate..def looks bugged to me :x

nvm forgot to take off my weapon :D

hmm lvl85 gastraphetes with trial active, i got CS in whitegate then talked to alquabah or w/e and got my 3 imperial silver pieces. he then asks me if i've seen more vigil weapons. i no long have coming full circle active in my quests and i do not have serpent king zahak relief shard :x

dunno what to tell you ;;
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-03-18 18:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

hmm lvl85 gastraphetes with trial active, i got CS in whitegate then talked to alquabah or w/e and got my 3 imperial silver pieces. he then asks me if i've seen more vigil weapons. i no long have coming full circle active in my quests and i do not have serpent king zahak relief shard :x

hummm really? I dunno then. I have done everything and still have quest active. i have trien everything for real, trying to redo cs, talking with npcs etc. Maybe tehre is some sort of quest that is making me not complete it? I dunno >< i am so blanked out now since i thought it was bug.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-18 19:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

hummm really? I dunno then. I have done everything and still have quest active. i have trien everything for real, trying to redo cs, talking with npcs etc. Maybe tehre is some sort of quest that is making me not complete it? I dunno >< i am so blanked out now since i thought it was bug.

hmm that's weird. there's gotta be something you missed ;; i've had quests bugged before but the GM fixed it right away...
 Alexander.Drokin
Server: Alexander
user: drokin
By Alexander.Drokin 2012-03-18 19:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not as experienced with a lot of the game stuff as you guys are, so ignore me if I'm missing something or if you've already tried it, but could it be the part in bold that's the problem?

Unless it's different after finishing some part of the storyline, you have to be wearing the proper body/hand armor and have your weapons un-equipped before you can enter/get a CS.

Again, ignore me if it's irrelevant... I'm not very familiar with the Mythic weapons and all the stuff related to them.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-03-18 20:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Known Issues

Obtaining mythic weapons of level 99 or higher with the quest "Coming Full Circle" in progress may render players unable to proceed further with quest objectives.
This is the known issues off 14 feb update,so probably they will fix in the coming update
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-18 20:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Known Issues

Obtaining mythic weapons of level 99 or higher with the quest "Coming Full Circle" in progress may render players unable to proceed further with quest objectives.
This is the known issues off 14 feb update,so probably they will fix in the coming update

how do i get a job as a GM? seems like all you have to do is sit around with your thumb up your *** saying idk and get paid. sounds great imo
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-03-18 20:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Known Issues

Is this in the official forum? Where is the link? Also how come a GM don't know bout that and simple tell me that there is a known issue? >< Pretty anoying
 Ragnarok.Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-03-18 21:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20744-Feb.-14-2012-%28JST%29-Version-Update this,the 14 feb update notes
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-03-18 21:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, ur right, there it is. Right at the end. Guess that clears it. I still am kinda amazed on how a GM don't know about that issue and just tell me that they know about it and instead just tells me that i am missing some steps or that i have yet to do something. >< Spent hours trying to figure out that.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-03-26 13:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The following issues have been resolved:
An issue wherein the quest "Coming Full Circle" would be rendered uncompletable by performing certain actions.

There you go
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [782 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Lilyum
Server: Bahamut
user: lilyum
By Bahamut.Lilyum 2014-05-17 22:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to say thanks everyone! who chimed in at all on this!

So I dont' know if they fixed the bug but I had the first trial on and had NO WEAPONS ON BUT STILL WAS NOT GIVING ME THE CS. To finish the quest.
Since it was the first trial at 75 I went ahead and took it off and talked to it w/ no wepaon on still nothing. Ran around getting the usual chatter from realitive NPC's and out of desperation went back again same gear, same no weapon and for no good reason it started the CS.
In short it still seems to be glitchy but SE should seriosly just fix this, it's at the point where more and more are getting Mythic's done and weither or not you plan to make a 2nd one, I know I just like seeing a quest complete and gettting those final CS's. Either way I highly advise anyone who wants to finish the quest or start a 2nd Mythic just wait that JP midnight till you start your trial to avoid any BS good luck and thanks again EVEryone.

-Legandary Lilyum-
 Siren.Ravager
Server: Siren
user: Reeicheep
By Siren.Ravager 2014-05-20 14:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same issue. Trade the weapon to the door then check the door
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1478 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-06-06 20:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I ran into this issue starting my third mythic. Well, a similar issue. I got the cutscenes, completed Coming Full Circle, got my 3 silver coins, but when I went to trade in my next vigil weapon it said that I had a weapon in progress. Tried everything but it wouldn't give me credit, ended up cancelling, got H2H back, and then was able to start my next mythic. So it's not totally fixed.
First Page 2