ADL Win Without 2 Hours?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » ADL Win without 2 hours?
ADL Win without 2 hours?
First Page 2 3
 Fenrir.Eriaxa
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Eriaxa
By Fenrir.Eriaxa 2012-03-15 13:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a working strategy for ADL without 2 Hours?

I was thinking 8 DD 2 SMNs 4 CORs 2 BRDs 2 WHM.

BRD's use MinV MinIV, Sentinel's + Marchx2 ( We have a Empy BRD )
SMN's use Hastaga an Earthen Armour
COR's Buff with Fighter's Chaos Tact and Miser's

The 4 COR's would start the rotation doing 1 Roll each and switching party's (Just for speed purposes). We can expand to 8 Rolls if there are some more effective rolls to add in to make this work. Did they ever update Gallant Roll?

Then invite the BRDs and SMNs have them buff have the BRDs drop to get the WHMs for Curaga V spam.

Have 1 SMN Shock Squall immediately at the start. Then the other when he splits.
(not 100% on if shock squall stuns ADL or just the clones)

Basically stun locking him long enough to kill in theory. Even if this isnt a 100% win I wouldn't mind farming 10 pop's one day with my LS and then kill him 7 or 8 times the next day with 2-3 max loses.

Just trying to come up with a Strategy that doesn't rely on resetting 2 hours. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-15 14:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ADL is a pussy-cat until he splits. Then it's anyone's game. First question is: Can you down him consistently WITH 2 hours?
 Fenrir.Eriaxa
By Fenrir.Eriaxa 2012-03-15 14:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, were past the learning curve.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-15 14:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There is some talk over on BG about potentially using Meteor to 1 shot all the clones once AD splits, just using a melee group with some healers for the first 50%
 Fenrir.Eriaxa
By Fenrir.Eriaxa 2012-03-15 14:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I know for a fact we can Stun the clones for a good 10 secs when he splits. We also learned killing him to fast = 3 or 4 clones which sucks lol. So we slow kill till he splits right around 50% and then unleash hell on him.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-15 14:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost wonder if 2 of the CORs would be better off as DDs, but regardless, if you've got a chance at winning, the setup seems okay, though I'd opt for more damage. It's all luck, especially without Alexander.
 Fenrir.Eriaxa
By Fenrir.Eriaxa 2012-03-15 14:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything's better then the 2-3 win's we get a day with 2 hour resets. I'm gonna give this a shot tonight after we run out of resets and report my findings.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-15 14:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

We usually average 5-6 kills per run when we go (2 smns, 2 cors, and usually a random cor or smn mule to add another PD or reset). Number we can do is based on number of resets we get.

His Terror move is also very predictable (last 10-15% of the non fake clone will try and use it most of the time), so easily stunned.

Doing it without PD would require Scherzo/Earthen Armor, and some outstanding healers (who will be in range getting hit by all of this AoE).

Is there any place he can be fought where height difference will negate mages being hit? If so, it's plausible.
 Fenrir.Loraley
user: Ryuchan
By Fenrir.Loraley 2012-03-15 14:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't looked at the math lately, but with near capped skills and the +3 harp on Marches (also assuming N/T), do you need both to cap haste? Assuming melees are getting the actual haste spell from mages as well, it might be better to do the highest tier march and then stack another minuet to cap attack. Just a thought; I don't normally use both marches now a days, I usually stick with double minuets and then a march. I also haven't been using Scherzo on ADL, but if you have 5 song options, it probably wouldn't hurt to have it up.

Your strategy seems solid; it seems like all the other non-2hr ADL win strategies floating around currently, and it seems to work. We did it with around 12 people last week with this strategy, and I really like it (picked the wrong DL and couldn't finish the second, but you know).

Also, as a random comment, you can zombie ADL as long as the zombier is out of the alliance. Like, they can drop party once the fight starts to zombie him, and then rejoin the alliance once you've recovered. Just note that ADL does have alliance hate, but not BCNM status hate. Just a thought.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-15 14:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure the person that's zombie'ing has some form of DoT.
 Fenrir.Loraley
By Fenrir.Loraley 2012-03-15 14:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Make sure the person that's zombie'ing has some form of DoT.

Oh yes, and this. We forgot about this once, actually. :(
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-03-15 15:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Loraley said: »
I haven't looked at the math lately, but with near capped skills and the +3 harp on Marches (also assuming N/T), do you need both to cap haste? Assuming melees are getting the actual haste spell from mages as well, it might be better to do the highest tier march and then stack another minuet to cap attack. Just a thought; I don't normally use both marches now a days, I usually stick with double minuets and then a march. I also haven't been using Scherzo on ADL, but if you have 5 song options, it probably wouldn't hurt to have it up.

Your strategy seems solid; it seems like all the other non-2hr ADL win strategies floating around currently, and it seems to work. We did it with around 12 people last week with this strategy, and I really like it (picked the wrong DL and couldn't finish the second, but you know).

Also, as a random comment, you can zombie ADL as long as the zombier is out of the alliance. Like, they can drop party once the fight starts to zombie him, and then rejoin the alliance once you've recovered. Just note that ADL does have alliance hate, but not BCNM status hate. Just a thought.

Unless you're getting embrava or dealing with only Drks (with Desperate blows up), you need both Marches.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-03-15 15:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Eriaxa said: »
Well I know for a fact we can Stun the clones for a good 10 secs when he splits. We also learned killing him to fast = 3 or 4 clones which sucks lol. So we slow kill till he splits right around 50% and then unleash hell on him.

People on BG say 41% is the cutoff
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-03-15 15:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There's alot of rumors concerning ADL on my server. Most of misinformation originates from 1 particular ls. Most of the information in this thread seems pretty in tact though, from my personal experience. However, I think not using PD = wipe. Terra slash is definate and hurts alot.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-03-15 15:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
(last 10-15% of the non fake clone will try and use it most of the time)

*** this, wiped last night at 2% because of terror spam.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-15 16:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Best bet at a non 2hr strat would involve meteor and shock squall. 2 DD PT to zerg down as low as possible, shock squall on split and meteor > thundaja x6. Confirmation on not having battlefield hate? Could use a twilight pld/whm or rdm to diaga spam.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-03-15 16:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Every upgrade trial has been nerfed not long after it's been put out. I'm not certain that ADL will be nerfed, allowing an easier fight without 2-hrs, but it wouldn't surprise me. However, they'd also have to nerf PW or at least make the key easier to make.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-15 16:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get keys from the daily reward moogle, people keep selling them all the time.
Also they just made zeni way easier to get.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-15 16:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's possible to zombie ADL without giving the rest of the alliance hate, this fight should be a joke with proper setups. Yeah it's a complete joke for a duo to farm up a PW set within a day. You can't really make it any easier, you can even 6man the fight.
 Fenrir.Loraley
By Fenrir.Loraley 2012-03-15 17:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
Fenrir.Loraley said: »

Unless you're getting embrava or dealing with only Drks (with Desperate blows up), you need both Marches.

Ah, thank you~ always good to know. We don't do many non-2hr ADL runs ourselves, so I almost always have a SCH there to embrava everyone. Thanks~ :3
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Tazcloud
user: tazcloud
By Lakshmi.Tazcloud 2012-06-04 10:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

with an alliance I am sure it is possible to kill him without 2 hr if get lucky. My group usually fights him with brd, smnx2, mnk x2, warx2, cor, whm.

We swap whm in for buffs in the PD party then remove him.
then add the cor for rolls.
then add in the brd for March x2 and Scherzo.
Locking buffs asap after every cast.
Then Add the smn for enfire and EA.

We Do not PD until adl splits. We survive almost everytime with white HP until split as a low man group. Then use 2 hrs ect on the clone of choice.

With a few smn, support jobs, and more DD I think it would be very possible to do so killing at least 1 clone without pd. As far as both no atm dont think its possible unless you FC them with a ton of kick *** warriors and very good support jobs and win would not even be close to 100%. You would need smn to win anyway without 2 hr so whats the point just PD it and smashy it.
 Lakshmi.Tazcloud
user: tazcloud
By Lakshmi.Tazcloud 2012-06-04 10:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

and ADL is a battlefield so outside party member could not zombie.
Also he does have aly hate.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-06-04 10:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Can it be done? I'm sure it can. However, it's highly luck dependant, it all comes down to how bitchy ADL is going to be, and I'm certain your win rate will be low, much lower than with PD. So you'll end up getting less marrows in the same amount of pops, i.e. you're wasting time.

Lakshmi.Tazcloud said: »
and ADL is a battlefield so outside party member could not zombie.
Also he does have aly hate.

All you need is for one person to drop after a wipe and zombie hold ADL, making sure he's facing away from everybody else.

Oh and by the way, for Liltrouble and anyone else who might believe Tera Slash is blocked by PD - it most definitely isn't.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 10:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm that Tera slash is'nt blocked by PD, it keeps killing me every time it's my turn to MS on war. :P
 Sylph.Skinner
By Sylph.Skinner 2012-06-04 11:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just need 1 PD, no one else needs to 2hr. - That'll keep a nice 90-100% win rate. Attempting it without PD and you're just wasting time. You'll lose the 90-100% win rate which is very costly.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [240 days between previous and next post]
By itchi508 2013-01-30 12:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

6man Meteor, 3DDs can take ADL down with out 2hrs and without PD. will have a high succsess rate and should never see a 2nd split.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2013-01-30 12:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Awful necro-y here lately!
[+]
By Smurfite 2013-01-30 12:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure we've won every time we forgot to get new smn for next pop, but we had embrava, and people prolly did mighty strikes or meikyo shishui when they realized no pd.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-30 12:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfite said: »
Pretty sure we've won every time we forgot to get new smn for next pop, but we had embrava, and people prolly did mighty strikes or meikyo shishui when they realized no pd.

With Embrava and haste, meiko lowers your dps, i really hope your sams aren't doing this.
First Page 2 3