ADL Win Without 2 Hours?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » ADL Win without 2 hours?
ADL Win without 2 hours?
By Aeyela 2013-01-30 12:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
There is some talk over on BG about potentially using Meteor to 1 shot all the clones once AD splits, just using a melee group with some healers for the first 50%

Link? This sounds awesome.
By itchi508 2013-01-30 12:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont have a link i will try to video it or atleast screen shot the Dmg. Possible 12blms 1shot him idk. We did last night 3-4 DDs did not use PD and no 2hrs where used, after 1st split cast meteor did 22,000 dmg. Still room for improvements, was very easy infact seems the best way to do ADL as long as blms stay away to not get paralyzed it should go smooth without having to choose a clone just nuke the closest one. Of course after meteor toss out some extra nukes and stuns. Blms did not take any hate. Ither meteor is low enmity or DD have anough hate that he ignores blms. Also blm can use Impact to lower stats on him it did 2300 dmg.GL to those who go with this route im sure you will be pleased with the results.
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-01-30 13:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

1 adl every 10 minutes lol sounds horrible, I'm sure your blms have a 90% chance of dying from aoe and if any of them got paralyzed that strat would be a wipe for sure

Reinventing the square wheel, also farming pi/tome with a whole party of blms lol wut
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-01-30 13:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
6man Meteor, 3DDs can take ADL down with out 2hrs and without PD. will have a high succsess rate and should never see a 2nd split.

I thought about it. I wanna try it on one hand but on the other hand I don't want to waste a popset. I hope i'll see a video someday.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-01-30 13:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I can understand why someone might want to try this because it's "neat", but it's dreadfully inefficient. Like it has been said, anyone who has fought ADL knows that there is an extremely high chance of him using a knockback or some move that will interrupt the blm's. Furthermore, blm's will be appallingly slow at farming compared to a few DD.

Regarding doing ADL without one hours:

Can you? Yes.

Is there ever a legitimate reason to? Not really. Your SP is there to use to your benefit; attempting to ignore it is really just making the situation needlessly more difficult. If you get overloaded on pop sets, just pop some at the beginning of the run, then some more 1 hour from when you begin.
[+]
By itchi508 2013-01-30 13:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
1 adl every 10 minutes lol sounds horrible, I'm sure your blms have a 90% chance of dying from aoe and if any of them got paralyzed that strat would be a wipe for sure

Reinventing the square wheel, also farming pi/tome with a whole party of blms lol wut
Not having anough cor to reset sound horrid to me being able to pop w/o PD or a risk of wipe its worth a 10min wait do DLs on down time, or do meteor ADL then 1-2 ADL with normal strat then 1Meteor ADL. Only thing holding people back from doin more than 4ish ADLs a day is having resets. And not having to bring 10mules for resets
By itchi508 2013-01-30 13:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
I can understand why someone might want to try this because it's "neat", but it's dreadfully inefficient. Like it has been said, anyone who has fought ADL knows that there is an extremely high chance of him using a knockback or some move that will interrupt the blm's. Furthermore, blm's will be appallingly slow at farming compared to a few DD.

Regarding doing ADL without one hours:

Can you? Yes.

Is there ever a legitimate reason to? Not really. Your SP is there to use to your benefit; attempting to ignore it is really just making the situation needlessly more difficult. If you get overloaded on pop sets, just pop some at the beginning of the run, then some more 1 hour from when you begin.
If your blms are in range its fail. Blms stand behind the pillars on ramp. Once split stun then meteor. There no risk or para or knock back.
By itchi508 2013-01-30 13:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Doin ADL with meteor or doin it with normal strat will be the same in the end of a week when you count your marrow income. you can only build pops so fast, but ensuring your win with meteor has been succsessfull and with 0% risk, It has been extreemly ez compaired to reg strat. (Wich is not hard its just luck) No worrys of terror on blms or anyone having to choose the correct one. Not arguing just saying meteor has been alot smoother and easyer.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-01-30 13:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As opposed to 6 meteor blms, you could also just use some stunners. 4 sch/blms (2 per clone after split) could easily lock down ADL's TP moves and spells before running out of strats.

Something like DD x5 thf healer x2 cor brd sch x4 (smn) seems like it would be pretty consistent wins to me. If you don't have a smn, have a sch use manifestation stun on the split.
By Chyula 2013-01-30 13:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to BARANCE Meteor, SE will not want you to abuse the game with this strat.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-01-30 13:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It will adversely impact your income. You are not only bringing DD's/buffers for the DD, THF, and a healer -- you are also throwing 6 blm's into the mix that will suck at farming. Every extra mouth you have to feed takes away from the rest.
 Cerberus.Frotaut
user: Frotaut2
By Cerberus.Frotaut 2013-01-30 13:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

could always just make blms farm bijou's while the dd party farms pop sets for tomes blms should be able to efficiently 6 man the bijou nms and respective place holders.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-01-30 13:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could do it like everyone else and bring half the people to split Gil with
[+]
By fattrav 2013-01-30 13:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are going to bring a party of blms to kill more adl, why not bring a party of cor? With +2 boots you have a 2/3 chance of getting your 2hr back.

Pretty sure it takes more time/gil/effort to properly gear 6 blms for meteor than for 6 cors to get wild card.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-01-30 13:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

fattrav said: »
If you are going to bring a party of blms to kill more adl, why not bring a party of cor? With +2 boots you have a 2/3 chance of getting your 2hr back.

Pretty sure it takes more time/gil/effort to properly gear 6 blms for meteor than for 6 cors to get wild card.

You never saw a 0/18 wild card reset.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2013-01-30 13:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This could be a fun thing for some LS's to try that keep the Marrows in-house to use and don't gil split each drop, if they have access to the 6 Meteor BLM's. I look forward to a video ^^

For other people who farm ADL for gil, it will likely not fit into their overall gil/time/opportunity cost ratio. That approach attempts to decrease the amount of manpower to its barest minimum while still being able to farm sets efficiently.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-01-30 13:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
Or you could do it like everyone else and bring half the people to split Gil with

Or you can do like Pimpchan and his friend go duo and bring alts for max profit.
By itchi508 2013-01-30 14:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of any situation blms are good to have. Even on normal strats a good blm can do 3k nukes on ADL plus having extra stuns is always good. So saying blms is a waist of space that could be DDs is wrong cu blms are DDs that can put out Dmg comparable to Resolution over time with nukes.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-01-30 14:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Or you can do like Pimpchan and his friend go duo and bring alts for max profit.
real playas solo it with alts
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-01-30 14:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
It will adversely impact your income. You are not only bringing DD's/buffers for the DD, THF, and a healer -- you are also throwing 6 blm's into the mix that will suck at farming. Every extra mouth you have to feed takes away from the rest.
While I agree with you, BLMs may suck less after the nuke changes.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
By Otomis 2013-03-06 06:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing ADL for a bit as I came back to the game shortly before Christmas and had yet to kill him so it seemed fun. LS used point system etc. 2 points/day 12-18 people per day. daily runs. Could get on a good day 4 ADLS - If lucky 5 marrows. Each marrow is = 12 points. That is the idea!

BUT with that seeming simple it turned more into 2-3 ADLS a day with 2 marrows a day. We seemed to wipe 1/3 either due to lack of PD or that random massive AOE stun that last forever allowing 2nd split. Which inevitably lead to folks getting a marrow every 9 runs on avg. as opposed to every 6 runs as the point system would suggest.

That being said, I think most of us are aware even a crappy pearl Bst mule can farm up 150+ pieces of currency netting about 1M or more. Marrow prices seem to be dropping fast as the market is flooding (down to 10M avg my server). It is rather equivalent in profit per day. would still argue a good solo-er is better of since you spend 2 hours farming as opposed to a total of 3 hours in large group event with all the waiting for people to show up time.

I think doing things in group is super fun and prefer that in long run to soloing even though my Thf/Dnc can avg about 200 pieces easily enough. With the end result of dynamis now-a-days being profit just a thought on weighing of options.
 Leviathan.Encyclopedia
Server: Leviathan
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Encyclopedia 2013-03-06 07:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Otomis 2013-03-06 07:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice use of Ramuh Shock Squall. This is with out using 2 hours besides Sch which is nice set up. How many are you all able to farm kill a run with this setup.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-03-06 07:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »
Very nice use of Ramuh Shock Squall. This is with out using 2 hours besides Sch which is nice set up. How many are you all able to farm kill a run with this setup.
This is Coder's linkshell Reborn, one of the top linkshells on the server and in the game period. These guys are nuts and stupid good at what they do. I have personally seen them fight and kill Pandemonium Warden with as few as 5 people, but really needing only 3.......
 Quetzalcoatl.Datian
user: Datian
By Quetzalcoatl.Datian 2013-03-06 08:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

all it really takes is a couple smn hitting squall rotation embrava. a few random stuns a few decent DD and its a joke,
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-06 08:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial said: »
Otomis said: »
This is Coder's linkshell Reborn, one of the top linkshells on the server and in the game period. These guys are nuts and stupid good at what they do. I have personally seen them fight and kill Pandemonium Warden with as few as 5 people, but really needing only 3.......

I don't doubt they're good, but using Pandemonium Warden as an example to describe how good is... silly >_>
[+]
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2013-03-06 08:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Datian said: »
all it really takes is a couple smn hitting squall rotation embrava. a few random stuns a few decent DD and its a joke,
nah the fight is all luck, idk what u talkin bout
 Quetzalcoatl.Datian
user: Datian
By Quetzalcoatl.Datian 2013-03-06 08:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kese get back under the table. I told u you are not done yet
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-03-06 09:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For the ADL fight I see two possible scenarios of winning without 1 hrs after the split:

1) Group of WARs fell cleaving.
2) A party of BLM using Meteor.

Both would require some form of constant stun. Best would be SMN's Shock Squall. Could try using SCH/BLM stuns. Killing before the split is very difficult.

In scenario 1, from personal experience, this tactic is glitchy because my ls has gone massive d/cs when someone Fell Cleaves. Most of or the whole alliance red dots. SE says ADL is working as intended.

Scenario 2 I have not tried. I do not even know of 5 other ppl that have meteor to try this.

In any ADL fight, the worst that can happen is if he casts Terra Slash.

For farming, bring 18 THF's then. Even so, you will get a lot of Odious Pens.
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-03-06 11:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Encyclopedia said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Your killing strategy is just WAY too risky!