Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 845 846 847 ... 849 850 851
By Pantafernando 2024-05-22 16:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like he wants to plant weed in his Mog House
By K123 2024-05-23 02:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What Mlevel can you do Apex Archaic Cog/s at? I just went there at ML15 and couldn't hit them for ***even with Grape Daifuku. Trusts only.
By Nariont 2024-05-23 02:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You wont be able to do cogs effectively unless you bring actual players, the acc requirements on them require you to have either distract 3 or HM + madrigal
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2024-05-23 02:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
What Mlevel can you do Apex Archaic Cog/s at? I just went there at ML15 and couldn't hit them for ***even with Grape Daifuku. Trusts only.
Bg states you need 1668 acc to hit 95% so . . . whenever you can get close to that acc range.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-23 02:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Archaic Cogs give, appearently, the best EP per kill rate, but the problem is that they have "Restoral" which heals them for a lot and that can break the EP chain and on a long run it ends up giving less EP/hr than other monsters with lower EP/kill where you rarely (if ever) lose the chain.

Just my personal experience of course, not the absolute truth.
By K123 2024-05-23 03:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just trying to think of somewhere to go as ML15 NIN. I can't really do bibiki dhalmel yet, I normally go there 20+ but probably 25+ on a weaker DD like NIN. Apex bats and crabs are good in Dho Gates but I often die there somehow.
By Nariont 2024-05-23 03:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're botting in a bad spot im not sure how you'd die there either, maybe try Woh, nothing aggros in there.
By K123 2024-05-23 04:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Unless you're botting in a bad spot im not sure how you'd die there either, maybe try Woh, nothing aggros in there.
Well there is one spot that is good for bats just near the entry. It's definitely not that I can't kill fast enough that multiple mobs would be the problem so I don't know what is happening with trusts. Maybe Yoran being dumb and pulling hate. Crabs also idk how I die sometimes, I did hang quite close to the edge last time but when I was watching I was clearing them fast enough I shouldn't have been taken down by there being too many.

I could try a healer that isn't dumb like Yoran that pulls hate, but I don't have Ygnas or Monberaux.
By Moonlightagb 2024-05-23 08:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Treasure Hunter get applied if the action defeats the enemy at the same time? Such as swapping in TH during your WS set, or one shotting a weak mob with a nuke while wearing TH?
By Chimerawizard 2024-05-23 09:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

what is the cap on Experience Points / Limit Points per kill?
By Dodik 2024-05-23 10:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

65,535 without the dedication buff. The xp/cp rings give a bonus on top of that.
By Nariont 2024-05-23 10:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonlightagb said: »
Does Treasure Hunter get applied if the action defeats the enemy at the same time? Such as swapping in TH during your WS set, or one shotting a weak mob with a nuke while wearing TH?

My understanding is no, TH needs to be applied before kill, took it to mean the dmg comes 1st, then the debuff so if the mobs dead from the dmg, debuff never applies
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2024-05-23 10:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
65,535 without the dedication buff. The xp/cp rings give a bonus on top of that.
i have never seen close to 65,535 xp w/o a ring. don't think i've even seen 30k.
Now, capacity points, that easily hits 65,535 and even with a ring won't go beyond that.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-23 10:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Moonlightagb said: »

My understanding is no, TH needs to be applied before kill, took it to mean the dmg comes 1st, then the debuff so if the mobs dead from the dmg, debuff never applies

Wonder if anyone has done any testing on this. I find it curious that when you 1shot a mob with SA, you can proc a TH upgrade on that hit. Not sure if the same applies for non-proc'd TH though, and I've personally not tested it
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-23 11:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Unclaimed oneshotting is definitely grey area, sometimes its one way sometimes its the other

You get drops, but does your name ever register on the enmity list if it goes from 100 to 0 without knowing you exist.
[+]
By Taint 2024-05-23 12:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

TH is debuff from my understanding, so you'll need a server tic to register it.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-23 12:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

TH is almost certainly *not* coded as a debuff, since there's no buff ID for it (and even debuffs that can only be applied to monsters have buff IDs). Even if it was, you don't inherently need a server tick for debuffs to activate. It's similar to a debuff in that it is most likely stored as part of the monster object.

I don't think you can answer this based on general game knowledge without actual testing, but if Maletaru is correct that the upgrade can happen, it would mean the initial layer has already been applied prior to the upgrade check and you should assume a one shot does apply TH, at least for melee[so it most likely does for everything else, too].
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-23 12:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone can test what I proposed on their THF, but I can say with 1000% certainty that TH9 is applied to mobs you 1shot with a THF SA. I've farmed hundreds/thousands of Porphyrion and I always SA him to death. A large percentage of the time, I get a TH9 proc (while having TH8+ in gear/traits).

Not sure if this applies to other non-proc'd versions of TH applying, I'd be inclined to believe it logically would be applied, but maybe the proc system works differently to the passive TH application.

I don't have a significant reason to know this so I'm not going to take my time to test it, but if someone does I'd love to tuck that knowledge away so look forward to seeing your results. Should be pretty easy:
Pick a mob in abyssea with a drop
Put TH on
Kill a shitload of them in 1shot
Kill a shitlod of them in 2shots

See how many of the item you get per kill in both scenarios. BLU and BLM would be good candidates for this, lots of aoe options to allow you to pick one that oneshot and one that doesn't, or you can adjust your MAB gear/atmas a bit to change whether or not you 1shot.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-23 12:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the question that AOE-OHKO from a THF registering as TH8 (gear cap), TH3 (just traits) or straight up TH0?

Also, isnt there a way to see who last acted on a target? I remember FFXIAPP used to let you see dead mobs as well as who killed it. If AOE-OHKOed targets still have a player name attached to it, wouldnt it stand to reason that TH effects from traits and gear are registering?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-23 12:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Also, isnt there a way to see who last acted on a target? I remember FFXIAPP used to let you see dead mobs as well as who killed it. If AOE-OHKOed targets still have a player name attached to it, wouldnt it stand to reason that TH effects from traits and gear are registering?
The server sends you a current claim ID for targets, even if dead. It's not necessarily who last acted on it, and there are race conditions so one shotting doesn't always claim the mob(and AOEing never does). No reason to assume it's related to TH.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
See how many of the item you get per kill in both scenarios. BLU and BLM would be good candidates for this, lots of aoe options to allow you to pick one that oneshot and one that doesn't, or you can adjust your MAB gear/atmas a bit to change whether or not you 1shot.
I wouldn't test with AOE for this specifically, there's been a belief that AOE kills have a reduced droprate for a while too.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-23 12:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I wouldn't test with AOE for this specifically, there's been a belief that AOE kills have a reduced droprate for a while too.
Perfect opportunity to test both then!
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2024-05-23 13:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also test if THF has to get the kill shot for TH to work while you're at it.
By Beau 2024-05-24 12:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
dd (war/sam/drg/drk) dd (war/sam/drk) cor brd whm geo <anything>.

Standard dd cor rolls and songs. Indi vex, blaze geo frailty, entrust attunement. Barthundra, barparalyzra. Steadfast tonics for everyone on second form. Everyone dds, could leave brd out cause they feed a ton of tp. Zerg.

Revitaliser to get blaze/warcry etc jas back up.

Depending on dds 6th slot might need to be another dd. No tank. Use dt/meva sets or die.

Thanks all for suggestions, made easy work of it using SBs: 2 WAR/DRG, COR, SV/CC BRD, WHM and Idris GEO (fury/frailty/barrier). Under 45 sec kills. Drop rate with TH4 was just about 40%. Only popped temps (petrify tonic, bravers, etc.) for first pop; only 1 time did breakga go off and it lasted only 30 sec with barspells, all survived for kill. Now to update the LUAs...
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-24 14:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Any testing on if set effects for +3 Empyrean are higher than the previous stages?

I feel like double damage on my double attacks is happening a rather lot more than 5% of the time.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-24 14:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think so, based on the premise that the set bonuses apply across levels.
By K123 2024-05-24 18:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna pretend I've ever cared to understand sc properties extensively or anything, but why does Evis>Rudras>Rudras make darkness x2, but Rudras>Rudras makes darkness but then a 3rd Rudras doesn't make darkness again? Is the first one T3+T4 Darkness or T3+T3?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-24 18:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkness is different than Darkness but not named as such

Evis Rudra Darkness1 Rudra Darkness2
Rudra Rudra straight to Darkness2
By Pantafernando 2024-05-24 18:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The first Darkness is the result of Distortion (T2) + Gravitation (T2)

The second Darkness is a T3 + T3 combo, what ends the chain.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-24 18:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone remember the name of the guy who made FFXI machinimas like 15~18 years ago? He used a male Hume w/ RDM AF, videos had a horror slant.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-05-24 19:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Anyone remember the name of the guy who made FFXI machinimas like 15~18 years ago? He used a male Hume w/ RDM AF, videos had a horror slant.

I know who you're talking about, give me a second to go look up my old BG post 10 14 years ago where I asked the same question, brb.

Unaisis?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 845 846 847 ... 849 850 851