Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 844 845 846 ... 848 849 850
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-05-14 15:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Defense boost and defense down effect have ranks. And these ranks determine the overwrite priority. I don't think any of this is really documented on any EN resources, but there's info over on the JP side.
https://wiki.ffo.jp/html/1792.html
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-14 16:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How do they measure the three-day wait period between server transfers? Is it exactly 72.0 hours from the moment the transfer happened, or like two (or even three) JP Midnight crossings, or...?
 Carbuncle.Arianaos
Server: Carbuncle
user: arianaos
By Carbuncle.Arianaos 2024-05-14 16:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Boogs said: »
I did ambu with two different PLDs who had equipped the empy body in fomor ambu and they both got owned.

Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-14 17:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Its something in the interaction between enemies using player usable WS's and the enmity DT calculation on pld body.

From what I can see, everyone's report with an included WS seems to be relic (Randgrith / Onslaught) or Empyrean (the two above). Martel tried to replicate it in Kaznar without success. Boposhopo also did the same thing on Deletrius without success. Neither post indicates if they tried to ramp up enmity or just claimed and fed TP.
I was gonna suggest a code issue with ODD/OTD relic/emp procs on releva, but theres a post of a 9k calamity right after Boposhopo, so that rules that out.

Martel also said he's seen screenshots of the glitch from Fetters in Wave 3, which throws a huge wrench into everything.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-05-14 18:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Neither post indicates if they tried to ramp up enmity or just claimed and fed TP.
I did build significant enmity during my Ra'kaznar test attempt. Still, could not reproduce outside of namis D.
Martel also said he's seen screenshots of the glitch from Fetters in Wave 3, which throws a huge wrench into everything.
There's also a screenshot of a 36k Eagle Eye Shot in one of my discord servers. So it's not even just WS either. Unless EES and fetter AoEs somehow count as WS system wise.

Also I dug around a bit and found a report/screenshot of a 58k fell cleave. So for WS cases, it's not just relic/empyrean WS either. EDIT: Oh, my eyes skipped right past the calamity bit. So you'd already shown it wasn't just relic/empy ws.

I think I'm gonna start making a list of all the instances I happen to see posted somewhere. It's hard to find this stuff again later.

EDIT: I really wish they'd just replace the variable DT with regular DT. Problem solved. Even if they only put 3% instead. I never built my sets relying on the variable portion of the DT anyway. Too many cases of supertank/aggro only pulling to be relying on it.
[+]
By Beau 2024-05-15 03:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

https://flippantry.com/ not up at the moment, any other website to use in the meantime for finding skillchains? (not an outdated chart)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-15 07:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
https://flippantry.com/ not up at the moment, any other website to use in the meantime for finding skillchains? (not an outdated chart)
The only up-to-date calculator I know of is "FFXI Calculator" by Revelin of Lakshmi. The only downside is that it's an application, not something you just do in your browser. I haven't had any issues myself, but it's a download, so just be wary.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zedoma
Server: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-05-15 10:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't the Adventurer Gratitude Campaign also include the special moogle that displayed player stats and a red chest with a bunch of glamor items before? It's been like 3 campaigns in a row without it and I’m beginning to think that was entirely different campaign now.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-15 11:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zedoma said: »
Didn't the Adventurer Gratitude Campaign also include the special moogle that displayed player stats and a red chest with a bunch of glamor items before? It's been like 3 campaigns in a row without it and I’m beginning to think that was entirely different campaign now.

Pretty sure that's the yearly anniversary event, not the gratitude campaign.
 Bahamut.Zedoma
Server: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-05-15 12:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup you're right. That was the Adventurer Appreciation Campaign I was thinking.
By Beau 2024-05-15 12:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Noscrying said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
I remember all of these questions being asked in the other thread for the Peach Princess BC, but I don't remember ever seeing clear answers.

1) does Despoil work for Impish box?

2) Can aura steal conflict with steal to get Impish box? I.e. if Blaze Spikes are up, are there chances those will be stolen instead of the box?

Thanks!

Fairly sure Aura Steal can only work if Steal fails anyways.

Any answer yet on if Despoil works to get Impish Boxes?

Also WTF on certain THF AF/Relic having Steal+ on NQ/+1, but when it's +2/+3 it's gone... (exception AF Feet).
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-15 15:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a guide anywhere for Einherjar stating which monsters are weak to what elements? I know cleaving is a pretty easy way to do it, but enemies appear to have very specific resistances. I'd document it myself, but I can only assume there's documentation of it somewhere by now.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-15 15:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Einherjar? Everything will die to Spectral Floe.

Did you mean Vagary fodder in Brash?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-15 16:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Einherjar? Everything will die to Spectral Floe.

Did you mean Vagary fodder in Brash?
I get heavy resists to certain elements. I'll have like Tauri take triple-digit damage from Spectral Floe, but five-digit damage from Entomb. And then I'll see Demons, and it'll be the exact opposite. It feels like every enemy takes 95-99% reduced damage from all but one element.
By Nariont 2024-05-15 16:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Floe/crush/entomb/subduction should cover anything in there
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-15 23:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Have the servers been laggier at night for some people?

I had one char have a solid 15 seconds of blackscreen while entering omen, and now I just had a nyzul run where my chars following me, while targeting, kept falling behind.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-05-16 19:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
How do they measure the three-day wait period between server transfers? Is it exactly 72.0 hours from the moment the transfer happened, or like two (or even three) JP Midnight crossings, or...?
To answer my own question, it appears to only be two crosses over Japanese Midnight. I transferred at about 10:30pm on Monday night and was able to transfer when I tried around Noon on Thursday. That's only about 59 hours.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-17 02:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

To answer my own question, it appears to only be two crosses over Japanese Midnight. I transferred at about 10:30pm on Monday night and was able to transfer when I tried around Noon on Thursday. That's only about 59 hours.

Pay the money I lent you before running away!
By Beau 2024-05-18 23:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be a solid 6-man setup for farming Kirin/Kouryu in sky for some reiki yotais WITHOUT 2hrs? Is tank necessary?
By Dodik 2024-05-19 01:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

dd (war/sam/drg/drk) dd (war/sam/drk) cor brd whm geo <anything>.

Standard dd cor rolls and songs. Indi vex, blaze geo frailty, entrust attunement. Barthundra, barparalyzra. Steadfast tonics for everyone on second form. Everyone dds, could leave brd out cause they feed a ton of tp. Zerg.

Revitaliser to get blaze/warcry etc jas back up.

Depending on dds 6th slot might need to be another dd. No tank. Use dt/meva sets or die.
[+]
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Server: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2024-05-20 17:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been having one of my alts warp out of omen prior to entering Ou because then her beads get everyone else in a second time. If that alt were to instead log out prior to giving up beads (the first time), then log back in after Ou was dead, would that alt be able to get loot w/o losing second set of beads?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-20 17:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know if anyones tested it, but I would presume as soon as you log in, you'll get warped to Ou's platform and lose your beads.

If you want to try it out rather safely without risking it all:
Kill Ou
Go get another bead
Kill Ou again with one of your primary char's doing what you want your alt to do

You're risking one bead instead of an entire Ou pop.
[+]
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Server: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2024-05-20 17:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that. I'll give it a try during my next set.
By K123 2024-05-21 09:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be a solid 6-man setup for farming Kirin/Kouryu in sky for some reiki yotais WITHOUT 2hrs? Is tank necessary?
Dodik said: »
dd (war/sam/drg/drk) dd (war/sam/drk) cor brd whm geo <anything>.

Standard dd cor rolls and songs. Indi vex, blaze geo frailty, entrust attunement. Barthundra, barparalyzra. Steadfast tonics for everyone on second form. Everyone dds, could leave brd out cause they feed a ton of tp. Zerg.

Revitaliser to get blaze/warcry etc jas back up.

Depending on dds 6th slot might need to be another dd. No tank. Use dt/meva sets or die.
Might as well take RDM so you can get an extra song and the Dia3, make them /DNC for box steps. If they need to ask then hard to know whether they're geared enough for this or would still benefit from the 6th being PLD though.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-21 10:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no point to bringing a tank to these fights, not for single party. They add nothing.

Rather take a pet job than a tank. Rdm helps if the dds are good enough, yes.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-21 13:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

DD BRD WHM is enough for Kouryu. Flail tank w/ scherzo. Anything beyond that is a bonus and ultimately doesn't matter
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2024-05-21 16:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

$550 for hosting didn't seem worth it for something I wasn't sure people even used anymore.

I put it up at https://flippant.github.io/ though.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-05-21 16:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Floe/crush/entomb/subduction should cover anything in there

This. Or BST, Bouncing Bertha also covers em all ;)
By RadialArcana 2024-05-22 14:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what this mog furnishing, plant is called?

By Dodik 2024-05-22 15:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You got pot plants growing in your mog house my guy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 844 845 846 ... 848 849 850