Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 757 758 759 ... 841 842 843

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Shantae
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Madotsuki
By Phoenix.Shantae 2022-11-02 21:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For Geas Fete NM HP scaling, do trusts affect it? i.e. if we had 3 human players + 3 trusts, would it scale for 6 bodies?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-02 21:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-04 11:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it true that Nyzul weapons no longer need you to beat floor 100?

And also... is it true that Nyzul completion counts towards Merc rank? :O
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-04 11:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes on the first, But, you never needed floor 100, it only used to make the point requirement lower.

You earn 1 point for successfully completing a previously-completed mission (including Nyzul Isle Investigation).
((25 points to rank up))
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-04 11:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yes on the first, But, you never needed floor 100, it only used to make the point requirement lower.

You earn 1 point for successfully completing a previously-completed mission (including Nyzul Isle Investigation).
((25 points to rank up))
You know what I meant lol.

Like that one dude that did the 32,000 points back in the day from floor 0 progress or whatever it was.

Also sweet! Was that a change they made, or has always given the 5 or 1 AP, and I just listened to folks not in the know and internalized it?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-04 11:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if it was always counted in the merc rank, or changed at some point.

Never paid any/much attention to it when it was new
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-11-04 11:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It was always counted in the mercenary rank, but you can't get captain without completing every assault anyway.
[+]
By Rips 2022-11-04 14:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you go about seeing what's actually inside a version update? I've never looked in it and I want to look in the next one.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-04 14:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask funk how to datamine
[+]
By Rips 2022-11-04 14:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask funk how to datamine

That's a good idea. I'll just watch him next time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-04 14:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.twitch.tv/funkworkz
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-05 13:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of numbers how does Archon's ring Dark element affinity+5 compare to Excelsis Ring (Drain/Aspir +5%) and Evanescence Ring? (Drain/Aspir +10%)
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-11-05 15:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

When is the next version update?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-05 15:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This Tuesday Thursday
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-11-05 15:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
In terms of numbers how does Archon's ring Dark element affinity+5 compare to Excelsis Ring (Drain/Aspir +5%) and Evanescence Ring? (Drain/Aspir +10%)
Since Affinity and Drain+ are separate, mutliplicative, terms, the main thing to consider in this comparison is how much of each term you have.

You most likely have a lot more Drain/Aspir+ than you you do affinity. This means that, the 5% affinity is multiplied by the entirety of your aspir+. Whereas the Drain+ is just added on top of your current huge pile of drain+.

*** numbers, but it should work as an example.

+5 affinity example
base drain: 500
Drain+: 50
Affinity: 5
500*1.50*1.05=787

+5 drain example
base drain: 500
Drain+: 55
Affinity: 0
500*1.55=775
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-05 20:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a win, which gets even better when you consider archon gives accuracy too, excelsis does not.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2022-11-06 13:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding the Treasure Hunter proc system:

My THF has a cumulative of TH15 from gear, and of course I know that (from BG-Wiki)

Quote:
The maximum base Treasure Hunter level that can be applied from the first action against an enemy is 8.

However, what I haven't been able to find closure on is:

Quote:
Upgrading TH levels from normal attack rounds is inversely proportional to the difference between your current TH level in trait/gear and the monster's current TH level[2].

Everyone tells me that any gear beyond TH8 is useless for trying to proc, but wouldn't it be better to stack as much TH as possible instead? Assuming I'm trying to proc as high as possible, is there any reason why I shouldn't stick all my TH gear on? Or does the proc system also ignore any TH beyond TH8?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-11-06 13:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Regarding the Treasure Hunter proc system:

My THF has a cumulative of TH15 from gear, and of course I know that (from BG-Wiki)

Quote:
The maximum base Treasure Hunter level that can be applied from the first action against an enemy is 8.

However, what I haven't been able to find closure on is:

Quote:
Upgrading TH levels from normal attack rounds is inversely proportional to the difference between your current TH level in trait/gear and the monster's current TH level[2].

Everyone tells me that any gear beyond TH8 is useless for trying to proc, but wouldn't it be better to stack as much TH as possible instead? Assuming I'm trying to proc as high as possible, is there any reason why I shouldn't stick all my TH gear on? Or does the proc system also ignore any TH beyond TH8?

No. If your goal is simply just to increase the TH level on a mob just keep TH8 on. You're just gimping yourself for no additional gain beyond TH8 in traits and gear.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-06 14:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Welllll by gimping your damage you get more hits and have more procs.......

IF the primary purpose is to gain as much TH on the mob as possible, there is no downside to wearing the absolute maximum wearable TH
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-06 16:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This question comes out, like, every 3 weeks on these boards.
We don't know for sure and SE hasn't ever properly answered this question.

We only have a test performed by (?) Melliny.
The numbers she gathered weren't particularly conclusive. Sample wasn't large enough, but not too small either.
Her findings seemed to hint that additional TH above TH8 have a small effect over the chance to get a TH+ proc.
But the effect seemed to be very small.

Emphasis on that "seemed". It could be that TH gear above 8 really has an effect but it's really small.
But then again it was such a small difference that it could be within the error margin granted by the small sample number.

Until someone creates a specific addon/parser and someone else decides to run it for days to gather MUCH larger samples, we will never find out for sure. Until then do whatever you feel is right I guess lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2022-11-06 23:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the answers! Sorry I didn't realize someone had asked recently--- guess this really is inscrutable, lol

One followup:

The proc effect is accompanied by a critical hit, so I've had people telling me to stack Crit hit%+ to help proc it. But I never had a clear answer as to the direction of causality on that: does crithit cause the proc or vice-versa?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-07 01:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The proc effect is accompanied by a critical hit
It's not.

I think the proc can happen on norma melee hits or during specific JAs (SA/TA, WSs, etc).
According to SE those have a slighty higher chance to proc a levelup but we don't know how much higher.
Also keep in mind that if the proc happens during a WS you won't see the message in the chat, that only appears if the level up happens during a melee hit.

Given all I just said I guess it could be that critical hits maybe have a higher chance to proc than non-crit? Maybe... then again with no official info it's pure speculation I'm afraid.
Either way I would be VERY surprised to find out this difference is very high.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-11-07 07:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are we at with Mlev now? Will this update cap or is it 5 away from cap still? Assuming 50 is cap.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-09 09:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this was in here before, but it's been a while.

What do you have to do so that a kvm switch works without crashing XI, was it software or was it hardware based
(normally open or normally closed?)

Can I get an answer on a kvm. When an hdmi is unplugged it loses power and crashes all XI instances, instantly. But I know people currently use kvms. Is it because the kvm is designated "normally open" as in always powered. Or is it something else that's preventing the crashes.
 Bahamut.Tattered
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Tattered 2022-11-09 10:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It would likely be related to the KVM still keeping the monitor connections active even if it isn't pushing the output to the actual monitors themselves. I use a hardware KVM switch with two monitors and two computers, a laptop and a desktop. When I have the KVM set to show the desktop on the two external monitors, the laptop does not change back to acting like only the laptop screen is available - it still acts like it has three active screens (laptop screen plus the two external monitors) even though the monitors aren't showing the laptop output. Similarly, when I have FFXI instances running on my desktop but have the KVM set to show laptop monitor output, FFXI keeps chugging away on the desktop no issues, even though there is no desktop monitor output shown anywhere.

To put a wrench in that thought, if I switch the KVM off entirely with the power switch on it while FFXI is running and then switch it back on, FFXI still doesn't crash on me. Maybe it is because I run with Windower and have it set to either borderless window or windowed instances and not full screen?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-09 10:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

These 2 types of kvm, always powered and selectively powered. What I don't know is if that's the part that matters.

Which kvm (specifically) do you have
 Bahamut.Tattered
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Tattered 2022-11-09 10:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

A hardware KVM. Specifically, this one from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099PPH3K4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

It has it's own dedicated power source plugged into it.

Note that I'm not a big fan of it - not sure if it is the KVM or my work-provided Surface Laptop, but after about 5-6 hours on the laptop, the connection between the KVM's USB ports and the laptop starts dropping in and out frequently resulting in missed inputs from the keyboard, or the computer thinking I've pressed a given key on the keyboard about 20-30 times in a row before it catches up. I also had to turn off Freesync on my monitors and set them back to 60hz from 75hz because the monitor output would blank out for a few seconds every minute or two when I had it on 75hz, probably due to the KVM only being rated for 60hz and 75hz overloading it. Problem is I can't find a high quality KVM that does two monitors without spending several hundred dollars, and they all seem to be mostly knock-off looking brands.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-09 11:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. Can't find out from any of the listings if it's the normally open or normally closed style (or if that matters at all)

Like, if I buy this thing https://www.amazon.com/Selector-Computers-Keyboard-Printer-Including/dp/B092PWBV1D/ref=sr_1_14?crid=M7UWD8B8SHSJ&keywords=kvm+switch&qid=1668013018&sprefix=kv%2Caps%2C234&sr=8-14

There is a high probability that every time you switch outputs, the games will crash (AND!) switchmon will have to be restarted since the controller lost connection.

And I really hate buying something just to return it.
First Page 2 3 ... 757 758 759 ... 841 842 843