Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 756 757 758 ... 841 842 843
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-24 14:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
What's some really strong melee trusts? Like better white damage than normal and good SCs?

The only good melee trust is Zeid II, Shantoto II if you count that
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-24 15:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What's some really strong melee trusts? Like better white damage than normal and good SCs?
If they are in fact bringing back Matsui-P, I'm pretty sure he was good. Otherwise, Lilisette II has decent white damage, Ayame is by far the best for opening skillchains for you to close, and Iroha II is really good if you want to burst a lot. I think Naja (UC) is also pretty good, though I haven't tried her yet.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-24 15:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Waiting for ayame to get tp costs you like 3 ws per cycle, can't stand her.

Even when specifically breaking a latent I can get 250 faster spamming than waiting for her sorry ***.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-24 15:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Even when specifically breaking a latent I can get 250 faster spamming than waiting for her sorry ***.
I'm not decked-out enough yet for that to be a problem, personally. I'm lucky to get 1500-2000 TP by the time she uses hers. I don't use her often, though. But for the occasional fight where the enemy is especially weak to Skillchain and/or Burst damage, I've given her a shot.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-24 16:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

I'm not decked-out enough yet for that to be a problem, personally. I'm lucky to get 1500-2000 TP by the time she uses hers. I don't use her often, though. But for the occasional fight where the enemy is especially weak to Skillchain and/or Burst damage, I've given her a shot.

You may benefit more from AAGK. He has a unique skill where he can WS without tp, on a short cooldown. He also gains TP fast enough to make his own skill chains. He’sa terrible trust if you’re looking for a reliable trust that won’t interrupt you, but for certain use cases, he’s serviceable
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-24 19:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as breaking latent goes, I just abuse Valaineral's Uriel Blade. You range attack another mob and he will use it instantly. It's Light/Fragmentation, so you can only make Light/Distortion with it, but that's still keeping your SCs down to 50~100 for latent breaking.

I was just curious about melee trusts cause almost all of them seem more or less interchangeable aside from WS/SCs outta the ones I have now. So nothing noteworthy.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-24 19:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just curious about melee trusts cause almost all of them seem more or less interchangeable aside from WS/SCs outta the ones I have now. So nothing noteworthy.
Yeah, there really isn't anything truly amazing. Assuming you've maintained your skills and equipment at all, you're likely better at each tanking, supporting, healing, and dealing damage than any trusts can.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-25 01:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Premise: Trusts suck when it comes to damage, period.
You're much better using trusts as support to boost your own DPS.
They have shitty damage and most of the time they end up interrupting your SCs, actually producing a drop in the overall damage instead of a boost.

With this said:

Mayakov: Interesting Trust. Can generate occasionally very high damage WS when the planets allign (lots of TP, Climactic Flourish is ready, etc) but his WS frequency is low so overall DPS won't be great. Uses enhanced Haste Samba or Drain Samba accordingly, spams Feather Step (indirectly gives you +Crit on the current target)

MatsuiP: Probably the best DPS trust, by far, but it's a temporary one and will be available for 6 months soon, when they remove Cornelia (Q_Q)

ZeidII: Probably the best "regular" DPS trust. Predictable SC properties because he uses Ground Strike only. Uses Soul Eater, AbsorbAttri and stuns enemy abilities.

Mumor: Her DPS sucks but she uses Sambas and Stutter Step (reduces target's Meva) which can be situationally useful. Also attempts to stun enemy TP moves with Violent Flourish.

Uka Totlihn: Similar to Mumor but she doesn't stun. She does use healing waltzes though. No good as a main healer but can help as a secondary healer trust. She uses Quickstep (lowers target's eva) instead of Stutter Step.

Selh'teus: He sucks as a DPS but he's useful if your party is gonna take a lot of AoE damage. A trust healer (even Apururu, the only whm trust that uses curaga spells) won't be enough to keep your trusts alive. In such a scenario Selh'teus will spam Rejuvenation that restores a moderate amount of the pt's HP, TP and MP. This will help keep the trust's MP up, alive and will also give a small DPS boost to yourself with the TP restoral.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-25 07:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're super bored, you could use the Naja (UC) trust and resummon until she gets Justicebreaker, then skillchain with her. She locks one WS per summon, and supposedly Justicebreaker has potent DEF/MDef down.

I personally am on a low population server, so I just did dragons during off-hours with the transcendency buffs to unlock my last WSs. Azi Dahaka with 500 TP/tick regain and Wildfire -> Wildfire is about as easy as points can possibly get.
By SimonSes 2022-10-25 07:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
If you're super bored, you could use the Naja (UC) trust and resummon until she gets Justicebreaker, then skillchain with her. She locks one WS per summon, and supposedly Justicebreaker has potent DEF/MDef down.

Yeah it's the strongest mdef/def down in the game I think and she gets TP at ridiculous speed if you give her buffs. Most of the time she will TP much faster than most players. I was trying to use her in Sortie on alt. Def/mdef down didn't land with good enough rate, but when it landed, it was very noticeable.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-26 11:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember someone posted a breakdown tier list of objectives threshold to unlock new levels of moogle mastery.
It might have been Byrth but I can't find where he posted that stuff and I see no trace of it in the Moogle Mastery page of BG-wiki.

Anybody remembers where I read this post/table perchance?
By Masunasu 2022-10-26 18:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Volte Leaders in Dynamis-D count as NM in terms of Geo-debuff reduction? Wiki NM list says W1/W2/W3 final bosses, the fake W3 boss, and Aurix so just wanted to confirm that was the extent of the nerf.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-10-27 11:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Premise: Trusts suck when it comes to damage, period.

I appreciate the input for the whole post, and I realize this, but I guess I'll rephrase my question even though the general consensus seems to be Zeid II.

Knowing that Trusts aren't that great, especially at higher levels, is there a melee trust that is the melee equivalent for what Shantotto II is to offensive mages?

Really consistent. Really strong(compared to other trusts).
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-27 12:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing that Trusts aren't that great, especially at higher levels, is there a melee trust that is the melee equivalent for what Shantotto II is to offensive mages?

Really consistent. Really strong(compared to other trusts).
I don't think so. There's a reason the cipher for Shantotto II costs more to purchase than any other Trust.

Though personally, I rarely use her. I can't stand that she gets one-shotted all the time, and I honestly don't even see her putting out all that much damage. She's probably the highest DPS Trust, but that's still not saying much.

When I soloed Cloud of Darkness, she died immediately and I had to win with only 4 Trusts lol
(Which was extra hard, because at the time I only had 117 Eminent gear)
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2022-10-27 12:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I remember someone posted a breakdown tier list of objectives threshold to unlock new levels of moogle mastery.
It might have been Byrth but I can't find where he posted that stuff and I see no trace of it in the Moogle Mastery page of BG-wiki.

Anybody remembers where I read this post/table perchance?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56638/list-of-moogle-mastery-requirements/

- Open 16 Chest/Coffer/Aurum in each zone. THF Keys work for this count.
- Kill many enemies (~2200?) in each zone.
- Kill popped NMs (6x Each A, 3x Each B, 9x Each C)

The exact breakdown of each level is spread through https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54555/the-odyssey-strategy-and-discussion, but if all you're worried about is MM45, these objectives will cover it
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-28 11:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this was in here before, but it's been a while.

What do you have to do so that a kvm switch works without crashing XI, was it software or was it hardware based
(normally open or normally closed?)

This ones a 4 pc switch for 20 bucks. https://www.amazon.com/Selector-Switcher-One-Button-Swapping-Keyboard/dp/B08C7T3PKL/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=3%2Bport%2Bkvm%2Bswitch&qid=1666975373&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI0Ljg3IiwicXNhIjoiNC4wNCIsInFzcCI6IjMuNTkifQ%3D%3D&sr=8-3&th=1
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-28 12:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody know if Raetic Bangles +1's absorb damage trait stacks with other forms of absorbs damage (with different terms)? i.e. Engulfer's Mantle/Warder's Charm/Tartarus Platemail. I know same-term Absorb gear is limited to only one piece, but wondering if this trait is unique

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-01 22:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It kinda depends what your current sets are lacking.

(probably) Body or legs though, whichever your current tp set is weakest at. The best tp set more important than the wsd or pdl (nyame rank though)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-02 04:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good way to catch your Puppet's skills up to snuff? My puppet's Ranged skill is waaaay low.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-02 04:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitting inanimate objects.

Reives, the pillars in Baileys_S if it's 75(Not Fortalices)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-02 09:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good way to catch your Puppet's skills up to snuff? My puppet's Ranged skill is waaaay low.
Oh, I know this one! If you enter a Lair Reive and send your puppet to attack with the skill-up and attack speed attachments, then hide just on the very outskirts of the Reive participation border, no enemies will attack you or your pet and you can just wait it out until your pet defeats the lair.

You can choose to stick around and maintain Maneuvers and stuff if you'd like, but it isn't necessary. Either way, the lair has 0 evasion but is treated as a >99 target so you skill-up ridiculously quickly, and can do so while AFK.

EDIT: When I was leveling Puppetmaster I was doing this every 10 levels or so starting around level 50 because there's no minimum level for it to work, and it's such a reliable means to maintain their skill. I just wish it worked better on other jobs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-02 11:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it sometimes I only get a "Party Size Bonus" of like 1.8 or even 1.6 when I do Domain Invasion? I always do it solo but with 5 trusts, and none of them ever die. I've attended some in the past wherein I've only had time to summon 1 or 2 before the wyrm was killed and I never even did anything but still got 100 Domain Points. When a friend was dual boxing with both characters in the same party, one of their characters got the 2.0 bonus while the other only got 1.6, meaning they only walked away with 80 points.

I haven't found any kind of pattern, but it's really annoying only getting like 90 points because of the "Party Size Bonus" multiplier and I have to attend a second one to finish off the last 10 points. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the number of participants nor number of party members.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-02 11:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not "your party" it's the event attendance.

Quote:
Despite what the bonus at the end says, "Party Size" is for all participants regardless if they're in a party or not.

If there aren't 6 humans you won't get the full bonus (I have literally never seen it because lolasura though, so I'm not 100% certain)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-02 11:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If there aren't 6 humans you won't get the full bonus (I have literally never seen it because lolasura though, so I'm not 100% certain)
I don't agree with that either though. I beat Naga Raja with no one other than my trusts the other day and got 2.0.

EDIT: Especially since in the same DI, one person can get 2.0 while another can get 1.6 or 1.8.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-02 11:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You got x2.0 because you got the killing blow

You get party size, kill last minion, and kill dragon multipliers.

Everyone's "party size" bonus should be the same. But again, there has literally never been so few humans that I got less than a 2.0

I do know for certain though that I don't even bother calling trusts, go absolutely solo and always get the 2.0 party multiplier.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-02 15:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Over the last few days I got Coiste Bodhar from R0 to R25.
Updated most (all?) of my luas to account for it but I'm curious to see what you guys are using it for, might spot some sets where I forgot to update with R25 Bodhar!
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-11-02 18:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if line breaks and rod breaks counts toward 200 fish cap?
First Page 2 3 ... 756 757 758 ... 841 842 843