Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 627 628 629 ... 834 835 836
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2020-01-16 01:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

wiki lists whether or not something is sendable
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-16 01:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
wiki lists whether or not something is sendable
Yeah but it's not always 100% accurate alas, which is why I asked in here.

When an item is market as "same account sendable" on BG, to my experience, it's always been perfectly accurate.
But sometimes I found items that were sendable, but not marked as such on BG.

@Davorin
Thanks man!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2020-01-17 05:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So i'm trying to CP on apex bats on Pup. I have divinator II and sharpshot head/frame. Automaton keeps staying up in melee range, swinging his bow at the mob. I've deactivated/reactivated, retrieve/re-deploy and once in a great while, he'll go out of range. And sometimes when he goes out of range, he just stands there.

Is this a known issue?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-17 05:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
There's 18 of the craft item a day selling on the AH. What is the HQ rate on them? With shield ofc.

Most aren't using the shield yet, 100% ash loss is too costly to mess with yet, too rare etc. That's why there's so many NQ

You'd have to find one of thornys math posts or ask him on the rate. 7% (?) (350m ish)

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-01-17 15:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
How mant beads do you get on dragons now? Some people say very little but others were shouting that you can still get 1000 per fight if you just crit hit and don't ws etc.

Obviously depends on timezone more than your gear selections. I can cap out during off hours(1-4 pm est) on leviathan, but lucky to get 500 if going right after jp midnight. Still quite a bit better than it was.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You'd have to find one of thornys math posts or ask him on the rate. 7% (?) (350m ish)
Don't have enough data myself yet, you need thousands of synths to accurately say within 1%. It's below 5% for me so far.

And, like you surmised, the shield enchantment isn't worth using while NQs can still be moved and ash is the bulk of the cost. Smart move by SE, because otherwise it would've been like everything else with no NQ existing anywhere.
By Pantafernando 2020-01-17 17:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
So i'm trying to CP on apex bats on Pup. I have divinator II and sharpshot head/frame. Automaton keeps staying up in melee range, swinging his bow at the mob. I've deactivated/reactivated, retrieve/re-deploy and once in a great while, he'll go out of range. And sometimes when he goes out of range, he just stands there.

Is this a known issue?

See if its what youve been seeing:

BG:

Quote:
Deploy
(All other heads)
<15': Stays out of range
>15': Runs into melee range
By Nariont 2020-01-17 18:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
divinator II

Dont use these
[+]
By clearlyamule 2020-01-17 19:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the do nothing part it's a known issue for awhile though iirc usually involves switching animators though the effect can persist for awhile. But yeah Auto wont do ***

Don't bother making a bug report SE will ignore it. A couple years ago a jp player actually made one and kept getting told they couldn't replicate it. So he made some youtube videos and posted them detailing it and they basically told him to delete the videos, comments about it and never speak of it again

So yeah as Nariont says just stick with regular animators not the IIs
By Mattelot 2020-01-20 06:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I took the advice above and used divinator 1 and he doesn't "not" do anything anymore (so far).
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-01-20 16:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Looked around past few updates as I have been on a break, but Maiden of the Dusk does it not use Dark Thorn anymore? I have fought it 21 times today and she hasn't used it.
By tyalangan 2020-01-20 16:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Looked around past few updates as I have been on a break, but Maiden of the Dusk does it not use Dark Thorn anymore? I have fought it 21 times today and she hasn't used it.

As far as I know nothing has changed. If so: nice. If not: Could have just been very lucky, missed it in chatlog and it was dispelled before you noticed, used monk and killed before too many TP moves went off, etc?
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-01-20 16:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What difficulty are you doing? I think she doesn't do it on VE, but does it on E+
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-01-20 16:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

As far as I know nothing has changed. If so: nice. If not: Could have just been very lucky, missed it in chatlog and it was dispelled before you noticed, used monk and killed before too many TP moves went off, etc?

I'm definitely on Monk, I didn't miss it in the log, just keeps using Petaline Tempest, Durance Whip or Subjagiting Slash. I'm staring at the screen so I can turn so it's not being dispelled before I notice. No idea then. Been doing on E since it came out for the most part.

**Edited to answer 2nd question.
***Edited to say I shouldn't have asked. Just used it next fight lol
By Taint 2020-01-20 17:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

I'm definitely on Monk, I didn't miss it in the log, just keeps using Petaline Tempest, Durance Whip or Subjagiting Slash. I'm staring at the screen so I can turn so it's not being dispelled before I notice. No idea then. Been doing on E since it came out for the most part.

**Edited to answer 2nd question.
***Edited to say I shouldn't have asked. Just used it next fight lol

I rarely see it on MNK. Pretty much only time I do see it is when TH9 takes forever to proc with my THF mules.
[+]
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2020-01-21 15:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know between Malignance Boots vs Ahosi Leggings for the purpose of reducing magic damage taken and resisting debuffs which is better? I'm not sure how Elemental Resistances stack up VS Meva. (Ignore the PDT/DT and assume capped from other sources.)
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-21 15:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

From Wiki: "Elemental Resistance gives 1 Magic Evasion for the appropriate element (i.e. "Magic Evasion +5" on gear can be treated as "All Resistances +5")"
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magic_Evasion
[+]
By clearlyamule 2020-01-21 20:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Note the testing on that was never really that thorough or conclusive and there's been little progress on doing more at least amongst English sites for a good 10 years
[+]
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2020-01-22 00:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
From Wiki: "Elemental Resistance gives 1 Magic Evasion for the appropriate element (i.e. "Magic Evasion +5" on gear can be treated as "All Resistances +5")"
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magic_Evasion

Thanks, I looked at the resistances page, not the MEVA one, unsure if this is really true but if it is, it's very strange that elemental resistance numbers generally come in smaller numbers than magic evasion on gear, and why bothering having "all elemental resistances+" as a stat if it's just identical to magic evasion, especially on the same gear piece like Ahosi Leggings. The dev team does do strange things at times though, so who knows.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-01-22 01:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all sources of magical/breath damage have an elemental alignment (ex: Mijin Gakure, Meteor).
[+]
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2020-01-22 12:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

All the more reason that it seems strange, that a rather rare stat, that you generally get in vastly smaller amounts than magic evasion, is a strictly worse version of it because it doesn't apply to all abilities, and it's sometimes on the same gear? Possible, sure, just, again, seems really, really weird and counter intuitive.
By Pantafernando 2020-01-22 12:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is that magic evasion isnt an actual stat but an "ilv" component. And the elemental resistance is the unique attribute of the gear.

Most gear that have around same "ilv" (over 119 i mean) have about the same stats of meva, mdb, acc, att. After some point SE indirectly increased player ilv as you can see how different is the pattern of stats from a skirmish gear to reforged gear +2/3.

So the meva you see is the meva you would have if you had the ilv the gear is supose to have.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-01-22 14:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Quick question. Anyone knows what mob from gates that drop lightning crystals?

Gonna farm a bit during gain exp, and could use the crystal.

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2020-01-22 14:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That does make sense from a "design philosophy" perspective, it just seems a bit backwards, but, maybe that's the case, and is the reasoning behind it, if so, Ahosi Leggings are pretty dead, except for Run.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-01-22 15:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a thread on these forums in which someone had organized groups offering content clears. I don't know if it was on a specific server or not. Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about. Anyone have any idea where I'd go to look that up or have the link, please? Looking to buy something, but want to shop around.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-01-22 15:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

this?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53282/comparative-aeonic-mercing-guide
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-01-22 15:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yessir. Well gang. Another mystery solved. That about wraps up that question. Carry on.

[+]
By chads 2020-01-23 07:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a few random technical questions here, mostly about graphics/display/etc.

The most prevalent of issues I'm having right now is that I'm wntirely unable to see pet animations. Trusts are fine, I can see everything they are up to, but as a PUP main my automaton just stands there and stares the enemy to death. No swinging, no shoot or casting, no WS animation. I haven't tested with SMN pets or BST pets yet but I imagine the issue is the same.

Second, the "glow" effect on avatars/ephemeral Moogles is super blocky and very jarring to look at. Is this an issue with the resolution I run the game at (1980x1020) or something else? I imagine a lot of these issues are me stretching the game past what it expects.

Finally I get a lot of odd "artifacting" (I think I'm using that term right?) umder certain conditions, most notably on my Goobue mount where "lines" will appear around my characters "hitbox" as if it wasn't rendering properly.

Anyway I'm willing to accept this as it just being an old *** game but the pet animations specifically are bugging the hell out of me. Would increaseing from frame rate from 30 to 60 help? I don't like to use the Config plugin to uncap framerate because I don't like the auto resolution scaling and the manual resolution scaling doesn't work.
First Page 2 3 ... 627 628 629 ... 834 835 836