First Page 2 3 4
 Valefor.Shinzagoon
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Shinza
By Valefor.Shinzagoon 2012-02-28 13:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Howdy,

So I began working on a Daurdabla sometime ago and am almost done with the Iron plate stage. However, I know the colorless souls are much, much tedious to get, and as such, have been trying to come up with a viable solo strategy against Brulo. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or resources at the moment to purchase another account to dual-box with. So my question to you solo-tastic Summoners out there, what would be a solid gear/atma setup for this NM?

For now, I've been thinking about Ducal Guard, Brother Wolf, and MM atmas. As for gear... still working that out.

I am relatively new to SMN (got it to 99 a few weeks ago) so I've got little experience soloing tougher NMs, but any input or suggestions would be appreciated!
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-28 13:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring the fact that you're completely and utterly wasting your time by engaging in one of the most tedious magian trials available without any real source of TH, this kind of practice is also, well, really rude. Assuming you're able to pop T2 and T3, you're going to waste a substantial amount of everyone else's time with your hour-long Brulo fights.

You're creating a harp. You're a bard. You don't play alone. Find a friend or two and get them to help.

Edit: ^_____^ happy faces so I don't get yelled at for giving the only reasonable answer

Edit2: ^^
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-02-28 15:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Ignoring the fact that you're completely and utterly wasting your time by engaging in one of the most tedious magian trials available without any real source of TH, this kind of practice is also, well, really rude. Assuming you're able to pop T2 and T3, you're going to waste a substantial amount of everyone else's time with your hour-long Brulo fights.

You're creating a harp. You're a bard. You don't play alone. Find a friend or two and get them to help.

Edit: ^_____^ happy faces so I don't get yelled at for giving the only reasonable answer

Edit2: ^^

i tend to agree, get some friends to help
 Fenrir.Kogah
user: Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2012-02-28 15:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree as well that trying to solo is a little rude with the nature of the NM. I farmed all my souls in a group of 3 mnk thf whm and it's a joke. However you dont have to have friends to help kill it just shout for Koios farm and dont lot anything and say you want souls. I invited a lot of Koios farmers to just ally with me. They gave me pops I helped them pop Koios and most people are ok with that. Just keep the group small so people get what they want and it's win win.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-28 15:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
this kind of practice is also, well, really rude.

I'm all about hearing some rude brulo slow-killing strategy. I've been trying to gank a Clearview Earring off of Brulo farmers for DAYS, and they either don't respond, or want to charge 1mil+ for the item they'd just be flooring. I'd figure they wouldn't want competition popping Koios/Brulo etc, but at this point, I'm going to go farm my pop and kill Brulo in the SLOWEST way possible, and drop the souls out of good measure.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-02-28 15:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC/NIN, make sure you wear nothing but evasion gear and don't gear swap, and a bunch of useless regen/MDT atmas.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-28 15:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking of Regurgitation solo on BLU.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kogah
user: Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2012-02-28 15:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I gave away so many scythes and earrings >.> Ignoring people is more rude than taking an hour to kill.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-02-28 15:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
I was thinking of Regurgitation solo on BLU.
Ice Shot quickdraw kite on COR
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-28 15:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Think there's any way I could take 2+ hours to kill it slowly, doing enough to not get GM'd for holding, but still taking FOREVER, and still survive/win?
 Lakshmi.Mrfrodo
Server: Lakshmi
user: frodough
By Lakshmi.Mrfrodo 2012-02-28 16:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

he can be duo'd a mnk and whm easily, a thf as well for th would be best but can be done without. ive duo'd him as whm atleast 5 times so far. just barfira and cure as needed.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-28 16:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mrfrodo said: »
he can be duo'd a mnk and whm easily, a thf as well for th would be best but can be done without. ive duo'd him as whm atleast 5 times so far. just barfira and cure as needed.

MNK + WHM would be wayyy too fast.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-02-28 16:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Think there's any way I could take 2+ hours to kill it slowly, doing enough to not get GM'd for holding, but still taking FOREVER, and still survive/win?
Ice shot would get resisted, you can kite around that big mountain in the very middle of the zone
 Fenrir.Oviraptor
user: Conkers
By Fenrir.Oviraptor 2012-02-28 16:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

go beastmaster with gooey slug can take all magic you toss at me pet! really good just dont engage will take time and always fun to just do /sit and only get up to reward for those said people not helping you and flooring item lol
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-28 16:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Ice shot would get resisted, you can kite around that big mountain in the very middle of the zone

Does he absorb fire damage? I only have a macro for Fire Shot.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-02-28 16:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Does he absorb fire damage? I only have a macro for Fire Shot.
I don't know, never tried. D:

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-28 16:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you just say that just because something is stubborn and/or stupid it's not unreasonable? Those are virtual antonyms of reasonable.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-28 16:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

No it really isn't reasonable in any way. After having done something like 15 soul trials, sincerely *** anyone who takes over 5mins to kill either of these NMs.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-28 16:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick Draw kite it is!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-28 16:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Your definition of "reason" seems to be almost antithetical to the rest of the world's.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-28 16:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Quick Draw kite it is!
If you want a hand or some TH let me know lol, hate to see a pop wasted on a tier III

At this point the whole point of me wanting to kill Brulo as inefficiently as possible is particularly to waste all the Soul farmers' time while still getting my *** 100% drop earring that they're going to drop anyway but still want to charge 1mil for.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-28 16:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I HADN'T POSTED THIS YET AND I WAS PERFECTLY NICE >:|
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-28 16:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-28 17:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Typing my first post here I pictured a ninja soloing his Kannagi Night. Yeah the guy is stubborn and of course it's inefficient but I can picture the logic and reasoning behind desiring to accomplish that alone, that's all.

Theres no excuse for hindering other players because your too lazy to shout for help. its not hard to shout for a couple ppl. it helps everyone by shouting.

I will dual box anything i can in abyssea. but if i only need 1 item from a nm i will shout and get a couple extra ppl. It just speeds up everything.
First Page 2 3 4