Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Brulo strategy
Brulo strategy
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-28 17:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

@ everyone saying solo'ing is rude has clearly been made butt hurt, which honestly puts a huge smile on my face. More tears please, I thrive on your mad.

solo'ing is rude rofl, man that's the best ***I've ever read from your dumb posts minjo/dramatica.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pruviant
Server: Cerberus
user: Pruviant
By Cerberus.Pruviant 2012-02-28 17:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you wanna solo your shield/harp nobody can stop you, but damn thats a pretty shitty thing to do... Here's to hoping your Brulo drops 75 souls so you can gtfo for other people.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-28 17:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You're absolutely right. There's nothing rude at all about increasing the length of a highly contested, tedious trial by, on the low end, about 1200%. Nothing at all.

Also, lol@ "my tears". Last I checked I had going on six Empyreans to your none.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-02-28 17:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo dynamis, buy souls... Will probably be faster.
 Bismarck.Godzzz
Server: Bismarck
user: Godz
By Bismarck.Godzzz 2012-02-28 17:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt read everything cause im lazy so this might have been said already. Its not rude at all, if there are people waiting to pop and are becoming impatient they are always welcome to help kill it.
This is assuming hes even possible to solo on smn. But yea you might NEED to find some help or buy a lot of brews.
 Fenrir.Kogah
user: Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2012-02-28 17:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol too bad solos wont take help 90% of the time?
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-28 17:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure is BST soloing in Abyssea with 100% PDT in here
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-28 17:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

nope i've never been made mad by a soloer. ^^ mostly because either A. they die and i get their pop for free :D or i just dont run into them.

Yet it happens so rarely i dont really remember the last time it happened.
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2012-02-28 17:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Godzzz said: »
I didnt read everything cause im lazy so this might have been said already. Its not rude at all, if there are people waiting to pop and are becoming impatient they are always welcome to help kill it.
This is assuming hes even possible to solo on smn. But yea you might NEED to find some help or buy a lot of brews.

Fenrir.Kogah said: »

Those are the type of people who make me hate people who solo things and waste other people's time. I've politely offered people who solo their mobs and waste everyone's time, and 100% of the time either been refused or ignored. One of the worst I've had was a solo nin take about 20 minutes to kill Adze. ADZE!
By Godz 2012-02-28 17:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Me either, the thing is not everyone has friends or wants to burden theirs to help. I know me personally, I dont like asking for help but if its offered I take it. What I do is get all 3 t3s and wait for ppl to offer help since I highly doubt I can solo them on any job.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-28 17:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloists are fine when they aren't on jobs that can't die.
By Godz 2012-02-28 17:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pooman said: »

Those are the type of people who make me hate people who solo things and waste other people's time. I've politely offered people who solo their mobs and waste everyone's time, and 100% of the time either been refused or ignored. One of the worst I've had was a solo nin take about 20 minutes to kill Adze. ADZE!

Did you ask if they wanted help or did you say, "Yo youre bad and taking forever let me fkn help you."? Because when people ask me like that I always refuse too.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-02-28 17:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Sure is BST soloing in Abyssea with 100% PDT in here
Impossible now. Like you've said before the spread of misinformation is bad.
 Fenrir.Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2012-02-28 17:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I ask nicely I don't talk down on people in game. Most people who solo are content being watched IMO.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-28 17:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You assume I have 0 emps because they don't show on my profile?
naive thing to think these days, atleast. I couldn't really care less to get them shown on here, but if you want to continue believing I have 0, I couldn't give a damn, truly.

And no, theres nothing rude about solo'ing at all. You think that because your mad you got beaten to said NM, grow up dude. It maybe inefficient, but said person is getting something he wants done
without:
a)making people grind for him on stupid easy boring ***, or

b) maybe currently doesn't have access to this "help", be it friends busy, friends don't really want to, no friends, etc.
[+]
 Phoenix.Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2012-02-28 17:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Godz said: »
Me either, the thing is not everyone has friends or wants to burden theirs to help. I know me personally, I dont like asking for help but if its offered I take it. What I do is get all 3 t3s and wait for ppl to offer help since I highly doubt I can solo them on any job.

You don't need friends, nor do you need to burden your friends to help. You can always offer something for their time, like giving them drops or helping them in return. There are many options to choose from to avoid having to solo something and keep 20 people waiting on you because you're taking 30 minutes to kill something that can be done in a few. Shouting also works wonders.
 Fenrir.Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2012-02-28 17:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually offer people watching to take any drops I don't need. I don't wait for them to ask. I am never solo though.
 Phoenix.Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2012-02-28 17:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you ask if they wanted help or did you say, "Yo youre bad and taking forever let me fkn help you."? Because when people ask me like that I always refuse too.

Quote:
I've politely offered
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-28 17:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Typing my first post here I pictured a ninja soloing his Kannagi Night. Yeah the guy is stubborn and of course it's inefficient but I can picture the logic and reasoning behind desiring to accomplish that alone, that's all.
There is a monumental difference in time wasted between a NIN soloing a Kannagi and a SMN soloing Brulo. I'm not really a fan of soloing high-demand NMs in general, but this is ridiculous and your attempts to support it are terrible.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2012-02-28 17:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Prototyp said: »
You assume I have 0 emps because they don't show on my profile?
naive thing to think these days, atleast. I couldn't really care less to get them shown on here, but if you want to continue believing I have 0, I couldn't give a damn, truly.

And no, theres nothing rude about solo'ing at all. You think that because your mad you got beaten to said NM, grow up dude. It maybe inefficient, but said person is getting something he wants done
without:
a) not wanting to make people grind for him on stupid ***, or

b) maybe currently doesn't have access to this "help", be it friends busy, friends don't really want to, no friends, etc.

As I said on the first page shout for Koios farm ask if they mind killing Brulo. Let them take what they want you get what you want. Boom! The need to solo has ended.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-28 17:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What if no one wants the ***you offer? wait ages till you finally get help when solo'ing during the time of shouting might have gotten you things that you wanted? offer gil? maybe they just want koios seals then be done with it.

your "solution" is flawed, next.

Think I'd rather just burn more of these 48584858347476 abyssea stones I have.
[+]
By Godz 2012-02-28 17:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need friends, nor do you need to burden your friends to help. You can always offer something for their time, like giving them drops or helping them in return. There are many options to choose from to avoid having to solo something and keep 20 people waiting on you because you're taking 30 minutes to kill something that can be done in a few. Shouting also works wonders.

I help alot so I guess I do deserve the help but still dont like asking, not saying I go and solo them since I doubt I can, being the reason I even looked at this, but I have a good group of friends who do help thankfully. And I dont like seeing shouts for farming peoples empys since they get something usefull out of it and the helpers get a few +2 items or in this case a scythe or earring or something. So I dont shout for the same reason. Although you might mean shout for just that fight after you farmed the pop, but in that case you may have to wait a few days to actually get a bite in shout.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-28 17:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

k
 Fenrir.Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2012-02-28 17:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol there are non stop people wanting Koios you can find people in literally seconds. I'm only arguing the solo thing on NMs like Brulo. If people want to solo a Kannagi go ahead, solo old content go for it, maybe throw in a little bit of Limbus? I don't care. However soloing a nm like Brulo is incredibly dumb when you can find loads of people just wanting seals from Koios. There is a lot of downtime in between Koios pops...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2012-02-28 17:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So you would rather have other people who want the NM and can't kill it either just sit in Jeuno as well? People don't care if you get souls and they get seals. As long as it's FAIR people will go. Don't expect to go and afk during Koios pops. There is nothing wrong with bartering drops and people are always going to want something.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-02-28 17:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How much slower is your average solo on this nm than a low man group? Never soloed it.
 Phoenix.Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2012-02-28 17:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol there are non stop people wanting Koios you can find people in literally seconds. I'm only arguing the solo thing on NMs like Brulo. If people want to solo a Kannagi go ahead, solo old content go for it, maybe throw in a little bit of Limbus? I don't care. However soloing a nm like Brulo is incredibly dumb when you can find loads of people just wanting seals from Koios. There is a lot of downtime in between Koios pops...

Not to mention if you happen to die you lose a T3 pop and will most likely have to spends hours to get another one.
 Fenrir.Kogah
By Fenrir.Kogah 2012-02-28 17:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It took an Aegis PLD 50 minutes to solo it. I saw a SMN solo it took around 30 mins. Watched a DNC do well at almost soloing it until they ate Inferno. They had to use all tp to spam waltz from spikes.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-28 18:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's all just live in that perfect world where shouted people are always decent players, skill and helpful wise, ohhh lets do.
If your mad (which you clearly are) about someone solo'ing brulo, I'm sure him+likely gimps fighting brulo will cheer you up.
I'm sure you wont examine 'em and not be disgusted a pink NIN or MNK or w/e is fighting the thing you desire.

Anyway I'm done here, if you truly believe it's rude for someone wanting to solo things, you're a huge cry baby.

How nice for you.
[+]