Credit Card Billing & Error Code: (601)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Credit Card Billing & Error Code: (601)
Credit Card Billing & Error Code: (601)
By silvanesti 2012-02-05 07:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Today after trying and failing to log onto my FFXIV account I checked my email to find the following:

Dear silvanesti,

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Due to a processing error with your payment method, all continuous options for the following service account have been cancelled. The details are as follows.

Date: 02/05/2012
Payment Method: Credit Card/Debit Card
Service Account Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV
-------------------------------------------------------

To reactivate automatically continuous options, please select "Reactivate" from the relevant service account's Options List.
-------------------------------------------------------

I was previously using the click and buy system with no problems at all. However when the new payment option of debit/credit card came out about a week ago, I switched over to that. I didn't experience any problems at the time of changing payment options until today.

As the email instructed I followed the steps to reactivate my character. All works well up until the point where I enter my card details. I get a little processing animation like its checking my details then this :

So now basically my account has been deactivated, I am unable to reactivate it with a credit card that I know is fine, I have no idea what error code 601 pertains to, and I have been unable to find anything about anyone from the S.E Support Center having fixed this issue.

I know I am not the only person with this issue, so I am hoping that someone knows what is going on, and can shed some light on the situation.

I would appreciate any information you guys can give me on the problem.

Sil~
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2012-02-05 09:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The best part is, when you go to the Square Enix Support Center and enter "Error 601", they have no concept what you are talking about.

Someone, in another thread, said its because your bank refused a $0.01 charge that Squenix, or their agent, uses to set up the payments.

Squenix does have phone support, M - F only.
By AquaRegia 2012-02-05 13:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I fumbled with the credit card thing for 2 hr the other day before giving up...

Gonna try it again when it not suck anymore.
By MalPal 2012-02-05 13:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a link to a phone number to call square?
By silvanesti 2012-02-05 21:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried registering a different credit card, but I get the same error. Also can't log on to the Lodestone Forums today lol, yesterday was ok before I posted this same problem in the technical support forums.

Anyone reading this check out here as well. It seems there is another thread with people experiencing the same problem but instead of error code 601 they get 105.
By silvanesti 2012-02-06 16:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a little update from my ongoing saga.

I received an email from S.E customer support telling me to unregister my credit card. then re-register it, checking to make sure that all the information is correct & that my billing address is correct.

I setup everything shortly after the time the new credit card payment option was introduced. However when I went to unregistered my card it tells me that there is no card registered... When I try to enter my credit card details to register it again I get error code 601. It always pops up when trying to verify my credit card.

So now there is apparently no card registered to my account & no way of registering it. lol

I think if I can't get this solved in 2 weeks I'll end my FFXIV gaming life and try another MMORPG.
By Greiver 2012-02-06 18:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Try pay o IE w/o any lpugins that block sites

2. Verified by Visa .. doh
call your bank and ask is your card is VbV?
add to your card the option mobile banking

every time you pay bank send message with code on your cellphone you should prove that is really you and then... profit!
By Sashimiaru 2012-02-28 12:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

silvanesti said: »

I setup everything shortly after the time the new credit card payment option was introduced. However when I went to unregistered my card it tells me that there is no card registered... When I try to enter my credit card details to register it again I get error code 601. It always pops up when trying to verify my credit card.

So now there is apparently no card registered to my account & no way of registering it.

This is what I'm still trying to resolve. Again. (Went through all the same trouble last month, and hoped it'd be fixed this month.)

Have you had any success, or heard of anyone who has?
By deathangelx 2012-02-28 17:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I received a mail from SE about this error code. They told me that if your billing adress is different from you SE account adress OR is different from your bank's country, this error can happen. (It's my case since I don't live in the same country I have my bank account) If it is the same case for you, they said there's nothing to do except paying by crysta (paypal/click and buy etc)
By Kyri 2012-03-06 15:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Same issue to the T. error 601 after waiting for like.. 60 seconds for a option to add a CC comes up. then I get the error the ONLY way I can set this up is through click and buy who errors a lot too when I try it. Not to mention how shady it seems. It tells me to verify and yet everything on the actual site just redirects. I cant find a phone number to call and the forum it says I can fill out just redirects me to my main account page again. id rather pay them up forward. I dont trust CnB and when I tried Ultimate pay they kept sending me mail I was buying large ammounts of crysta that I wasnt and sending me transaction bills.

This is kinda BS.. I looked forward to not having to use these companies and if not that use pay pal like the rest of the world.. Its FFXI and verified by visa/secure all over. I swear SE is out to piss the world off sometimes, this comming from a fan of SE...
I mean hell we cant even wait three hours to talk to web support anymore. they took it out. I tired aions f2p trial and not only can I access web support they had me a agent in ten minutes. Se come on..
By Kyri 2012-03-06 15:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

MalPal said: »
Does anyone have a link to a phone number to call square?

Have to go to support, tell them your problem THEN fill out a online forum with security questions, THEN you will get a ID number and a phone number you can call. from there you have to call, wait to talk to someone and then give them your ID number to have some total douchebag cut you off, and talk very rudely to you all the while cutting off everything you tell them and pointing the finger at your bank, your CC company, your internet, firewalls but NOT them! haha. Good luck to you friend
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Renatto
Server: Cerberus
user: Renatto
By Cerberus.Renatto 2012-04-28 12:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got the same issue, my Bank decided to upgrade my CC and SE canceled my subscription, i tried to update my payment and i'm getting Error: 601, any way this can be resolved at all? i tried the no script thing which didn't work, tried different CC (all i know work) and also failed...any ideas? been trying to fix this for around 4h now and i'm out of any.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-04-28 21:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Renatto said: »
I just got the same issue, my Bank decided to upgrade my CC and SE canceled my subscription, i tried to update my payment and i'm getting Error: 601, any way this can be resolved at all? i tried the no script thing which didn't work, tried different CC (all i know work) and also failed...any ideas? been trying to fix this for around 4h now and i'm out of any.
u may just need to wait till monday and have a se rep do it on there end and see if that works sounds like the best bet.

btw use the info on this link to get in contact with se if u do not know how,it gives both ways not sure if the email way still works.
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=1259779523309379427&h=50
 Cerberus.Renatto
Server: Cerberus
user: Renatto
By Cerberus.Renatto 2012-04-28 21:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
u may just need to wait till monday and have a se rep do it on there end and see if that works sounds like the best bet.

Manually? as om gove them my CC details on email or phone? they shouldn't even accept smth like this as it is illegal.

the best thing is SE claim that their Email support is a 24/7 service, i sent them an e-mail over 24h ago and still no reply...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [116 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2012-08-22 18:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

so anyone knows how to fix this !?
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-08-25 07:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

HELP!!! Need help with this issue! Anyone that had this error code and fixed it?

Called my CC company and they said that although it was approved, the company (playspan) didn't charge it.

Been looking all over the internet about this issue and absolutely NO ONE know what to do! :(
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-08-25 08:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys I FIXED MY PROBLEM WITH ERROR 601 BILLING ISSUES!!! YAY!!

I always used UltimatePay via PayPal to pay for crysta. This month I tried, but got the error 601 instead.

So I called my CC company and they said they had approved the charge, but the client (UltimatePay) didn't take the money off me.

So I called UltimatePay and a really helpful girl said that it was in their end, that it's a security measure for preventing UltimatePay and SE from fraud. But that she checked my payment history and it was going to proccess payment. So I bought more crysta while I was with her on the phone and the payment went through!

So whoever is having this error 601 when trying to use UltimatePay should give them a call: 1-877-703-6339
(1 being the USA international telephone code)