Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Voidwatch Drop Rates
Voidwatch Drop Rates
First Page 2 3
By Zoeh00 2012-01-31 01:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I know very little about VW, but my shell does is all the time and so far i have yet to get one body drop. So thats 0/36 at least. In 36 fights I've only seen 4 body drops. This means we are either doing something very wrong, or that SE has just finally just lost touch with reality all together.

The only thing I can think of is this: (I grabbed this from wiki)

There are five lights that enhance the spoils from the Riftworn Pyxis. Their alignment values can be enhanced to produce the following benefits per cell (up to 3 max):

■Blue: Quantity of drops +50% (150% max). (Affected by Cobalt Cell)
■Red: Quality of drops +50% (150% max). (Affected by Rubicund Cell)
■Yellow: Exp. Points Gained +25% (75% max). (Affected by Xanth Cell)
■Green: Cruor Gained +25% (75% max). (Affected by Jade Cell)
■White: Increases chances of Atmacite and Periapt obtainment.

Ok, so are we diluting the quality of our drops by bringing up our Cruor, Exp, and Ki alignments?

Like in Abyssea, if you want +1/+2 items you trigger yellow and kill. If you want armor or weapons etc you trigger blue and kill.
I havnt experimented with it but if you trigger both yellow and blue would you lower the drop rates of each item type?

It would be worth few stones to find out, hell its not like the plan is working all that well now. It seems like theres always someone posting how they have all the bodies and never traded any cells. even barring the liars out there, I've seen two such drops on pplz mules.

Just a thought.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-01-31 01:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

0/36 is nothing.

I went 1/139 on Toci's Harness, and I know people that are worse off. Saw maybe 10 other people get Toci's in the meantime. Upping cruor, exp and KI alignments are natural and do not reduce your chances of getting the item you want, and even if it did, there's no way to get around it and effectively take down certain NMs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Smoky
Server: Asura
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2012-03-28 20:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

luck
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-03-28 21:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Smoky said: »
luck
All the idiots get the good items first
then after 50 ebony logs/riftsands you'll then get the minor drop.
[+]
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-03-28 21:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
luck
All the idiots get the good items first then after 50 ebony logs/riftsands you'll then get the minor drop.
QFT

I've seem more gimp/idiot get Arthos Jacket / Toci than the good players. I know of someone who went 1/360+ others are still 0/300. And some random gimp / perle / pink guy joins and goes 1/1, and worst part is they rub it in our faces sometimes :*(

I'm probly close to that on toci (damn u pil!)
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-28 21:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

luck
All the idiots get the good items first
then after 50 ebony logs/riftsands you'll then get the minor drop.

Sounds like good ol'FFXI to me. Aegishjalmr on the weekend, Ridill when you're at work!
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-03-28 21:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I know that feeling Zicdeh, I once camped Simurgh for 1 month and all I got was D-ingots and the TWO days I couldnt camp it (LS killed for TOD anyway), it drops the Boots FuUUUuuuuUUUuuuuu.......
 Asura.Smoky
Server: Asura
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2012-03-28 21:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

just went through a bunch of Akvan runs... loving these logs... i did sell a few metals though
By Newty 2012-03-28 21:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just random, I went 1/20 (Feeding 3 Rubicund a pop of course)
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-28 21:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ladyrikku said: »
Oh I know that feeling Zicdeh, I once camped Simurgh for 1 month and all I got was D-ingots and the TWO days I couldnt camp it (LS killed for TOD anyway), it drops the Boots FuUUUuuuuUUUuuuuu.......

And then when you finally do get something you're after, the sidegrade item drops the same week.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-03-28 21:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

recently i spammed pil runs 2 x12 runs
for the body AND the feet...
and me and my 2 friends on vent just say who will get the bodies out of the 18 (useally we pick the gimpest craps out there)
out of 12 runs, us 3 proc white 9/12 times (nin drk drg)
we get no boots nor body, the smn that "dc" got a body after first fight and a non-ukon/anything reasonable warriors use, got a body.
buncha ppl got the boots.

whatmeme.jpg
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-28 21:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even care about the 0/102120391023 anymore, the worst part for me is that people stop coming. I can't seem to get the pants off Gaunab but it takes me over an hour to get 13 people and if something goes wrong the first fight they all leave because suddenly their grandma fell up the stairs. It's really frustrating being left behind when everyone has the item lol. I was hoping the auto cap lights w/cells would be this update so I could do it differently but no luck.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-03-28 21:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Did about 550 fights never saw a body, or any drop of significant importance. Out of those 550 I saw Justicar's torque, and a pouch once with 15 metals. That was my claim to fame. A lot of those 550 were t4/5/6 also. I got the enfire staff from Rex once... whoopie
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-03-28 21:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I don't even care about the 0/102120391023 anymore, the worst part for me is that people stop coming. I can't seem to get the pants off Gaunab but it takes me over an hour to get 13 people and if something goes wrong the first fight they all leave because suddenly their grandma fell up the stairs. It's really frustrating being left behind when everyone has the item lol. I was hoping the auto cap lights w/cells would be this update so I could do it differently but no luck.

This is pretty much my problem now. All the people who want the big shiny things for for their jobs have them and I got... a tefnut wand. Hoping interest in those runs (Pil, Akvan, Kaggen... etc) will go back up once the rush for the new areas dies out.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-28 21:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to join more JP pts. Got my hekas 1st run with jps after going 0/idk with NAs. They hax!
By Kieron 2012-03-28 21:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot for the life of me get athos's tights off of the harpy. No one ever shouts for this route nor do they ever participate when a shout is going on. It's honestly a major flaw in VW now. People get their goods and never do it again.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-28 21:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kieron said: »
I cannot for the life of me get athos's tights off of the harpy. No one ever shouts for this route nor do they ever participate when a shout is going on. It's honestly a major flaw in VW now. People get their goods and never do it again.

Yep thats the same route my NM is on too. They seem to have a slightly higher drop rate as it kinda seems like 3 pants drop every run I do... Worst part is they don't even drop plates.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-28 21:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No one ever shouts for the harpy and I need the clear. :|
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-28 21:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

They should maybe skew difficulty for these low things based on the number of players per fight, and get rid of the proc junk :x Maybe something like only procs of the jobs you have with you, but less overall procs for temps or something, idk.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-03-28 21:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe do what they did for neo nyzul?
fight pil 25 times, get an item.
well fight <anyVW>
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-28 21:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How could they get more people to help out on the fights they have the items from? I was thinking it would be better if they just implemented some kind of point system for it . Like you get x amount of points and you can turn them in for plates or cinder/dross. That way people that are bored can just help and still benefit somehow. I guess most would still do NMs they need items from while also getting points though.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-28 21:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

well fight <anyVW>

Well, it took them 3 years to figure that one out, so fingers crossed for 2014?
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-28 21:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
well fight <anyVW>

Well, it took them 3 years to figure that one out, so fingers crossed for 2014?

Worlds ending in 2012 :x oh well!
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-03-28 21:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

FF14 will have working VW before 11 does.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-28 21:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

FF14 still exists?
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-03-28 22:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I am pretty sure the new Crystal Prefects are a new type of currency, I think they will be adding in a reward system where u trade these prefects in for items off of nms you have fought, this is why they are dropping off of every monster.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-28 22:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadplaything said: »
I am pretty sure the new Crystal Prefects are a new type of currency, I think they will be adding in a reward system where u trade these prefects in for items off of nms you have fought, this is why they are dropping off of every monster.

No, they're related to final chapter VW.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-03-28 23:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this thread is a bummber, I was hoping to be right completely out of left field with my idea, lol. It made sense though,
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-03-28 23:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of my 945 plates I have. I got 27 out of VW. The rest just junk. So I feel ya!!
By mortontony1 2012-03-29 00:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

FF14 still exists?

WTF is FF14?
First Page 2 3