White !! question
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Cadant
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2011-12-29 10:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked through the white !! threads and couldn't find anything, sorry if I missed it.

Has anyone tried doing white on the higher level mobs? Their drop rate is much higher on everything, and I seem to have an easier time proc'ing them as well (can't prove it aside from eyeballing). Probably no one tried before the last update though since there was no incentive that the forgotten items provide now.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-12-29 10:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Some info here if you haven't seen this page yet
 Lakshmi.Cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2011-12-29 13:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I've looked through there before but what I'm asking is if anyone knows if there is a higher % chance for white on the higher level version of mobs. The DC ones as opposed to the EP
By Ariaum 2011-12-29 13:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be about the same, you just kill slower in most instances so get less by default. We'd get a white about every other run doing EP some times 2 in a run some times would go 2 or 3 w/o. After Spaming DC mobs for the last 10 days or so, we have got 1.
 Lakshmi.Cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2011-12-29 13:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok thanks, that's all I was wondering. They have a higher everything else, I figured it was worth testing anyways
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-10 08:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Started dynamis ~3,500 currency ago. Literally have never seen white proc as dnc, thf/dnc, & whm.

FML
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-01-10 09:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Started dynamis ~3,500 currency ago. Literally have never seen white proc as dnc, thf/dnc, & whm.

FML
You should try WHM/DNC, it's kinda fun and will enhance your proc times!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-10 10:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Started dynamis ~3,500 currency ago. Literally have never seen white proc as dnc, thf/dnc, & whm. FML

I'll suggest that to pump :D

NOW MAKE MY WHITES PROC D:
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-01-10 10:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Started dynamis ~3,500 currency ago. Literally have never seen white proc as dnc, thf/dnc, & whm. FML

I'll suggest that to pump :D

NOW MAKE MY WHITES PROC D:
Especially if the WHM isn't dual boxed, if you have gamb or woe club, can be a viable way of keeping up MP while doing a little damage.

As for white, when I still did Dyna my DNC quit using no sub and just used /war. Pretty sure the enhanced attack, damage and WS from the sub outweighs the .01 chance of white proc over time. Going for white proc reminds me of olden day big number syndrome lol
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2012-01-10 10:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah personally i only have someone white proc in a duo/trio IF our dmg is too fast for our procs
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-10 11:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Blacklion said: »
yeah personally i only have someone white proc in a duo/trio IF our dmg is too fast for our procs

We're usually not a trio but when we are i'm considering just thf/dnc, thf/dnc, whm/whatever. I end up holding damage for TH often and it's irritating.

When we go as 4-5 I prefer dancer/nosub because half the time I just proc and toss the mob to the thf&mnk to finish off. As 4+ we genuinely have waaaaay to much damage already.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2012-01-10 11:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You can only get white proc with subjobs off, so... you're never gonna see it THF/DNC.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-10 11:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
You can only get white proc with subjobs off, so... you're never gonna see it THF/DNC.

I realize that. What I'm saying is that SINCE I'm never getting the white procs theres no point in continueing to come without a sub :x
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-23 09:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I realise that I'm beating a dead horse here but I feel it's an obsession now and I won't be able to stop until it works (it's like I'm a gambler thinking I can "win it all back").

We've been doing runs now where I pull and then proc and move on to the next pull while the thf and sam kill what I'm leaving behind. Sometimes I get 2-3 procs ahead of their killing and other times I fall behind so they proc. I still say that I'm proc'ing..... 80%+ of the mobs. We are killing enough to get 300+ currency a run with a wipe or two, or people DC (usually the DC causes the wipe). I still have yet to see a single white !! proc since we started the new dynamis. I am pulling JA time mobs as DNC/XXX while the SAM/DNC and THF/DNC kill. We pull nightmare mobs exclusively and only kill beastmen when aggro'ed or if camps are taken we'll pull JA beastmen.

I can't think of any reason we haven't gotten white yet aside from notoriously bad luck. I feel if I can find a reason for no proc aside from luck (or if we finally get 1 white) I can switch to a faster job and just churn out the extra 80-100 currency focusing on kill speed.

:x Help me out lol
 Siren.Ensane
Server: Siren
user: Ensane
By Siren.Ensane 2012-01-23 10:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just like most everything in this game, keep at it and eventually you will see it happen. Two people in my linkshell just recently hit their first white, while on the other hand I have hit white well over 40 plus times now. As for comparing EP to DC white proc, I would have to say it's the same chance. The best run my group has done is just under 1000 coins with 3 people (5 characters) and I hit white 4 times that run. I'm no career DNC but I do decent dps, if you can get over 80-100 more coins by not going DNC then what are you waiting for?
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
Server: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2012-01-23 10:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I go as Sam/thf and whm dual box with a KC to kill during WS times. I normal get 160-190 coins per run. I used to get 1-3 white procs per run but since the last update I have yet to see any white procs.
 Fenrir.Hanabira
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-01-23 10:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been going for about a week as dnc/---, whm/thf and i havent had a white proc yet >.< like the one guy said, i think i'll keep doing it until i get 1 out of general principle, then bring a SJ
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2012-01-23 10:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's honestly just horribly bad luck. I used to run as Dnc/XXX, Thf/dnc, and Whm/rdm. I would average 1-2 white trigs per week but could only bring in ~170 coins per run because I lacked dmg and therefor kill speed.

Now I go Thf/dnc, Mnk/dnc, Whm/rdm and average ~250 per run. The extra coins gained from kill speed far outweigh the amount I could get from the rare white trigs.

Best thing you could do would be to come on a DD/dnc jobs and forget about white all together. Unless you run in a large group its actually hurting you more to try for 100s than its worth.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-23 10:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to go subjobless DNC + WHM/THF and pull over 220 coins per run average. Subbing WAR got me another 20-30 coins. My white luck was terrible. It may be below a 1% chance.
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-01-23 11:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i still havent figured out how you do that. im pulling in just over 100
 Cerberus.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-01-23 11:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its incredibly random. I went for two months everyday as DNC no sub with a BST/DNC. Some weeks I would get no white, other RUNS i would get 3 in one run. Didn't matter if it was EP or T mobs, just was random as SE does.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-01-23 11:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a question on white proc. if you already proc a mob red. can you still get white proc on him?
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-23 12:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
i have a question on white proc. if you already proc a mob red. can you still get white proc on him?
No.
 Cerberus.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-01-23 12:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I<3 Krizz's short but very accurate answers. Once a mob is staggered, it can't be again unlike voidwatch.
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-01-25 08:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got one yesterday x.x too bad it was like my least wanted currency lol. but still happy about it
 Quetzalcoatl.Selsha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Selsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Selsha 2012-01-25 08:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I done 20 runs on DNC and 20 on THF, not the greatest of information. I can provide, but this is what i got.

Every 1/3 runs on DNC I would obtain a white procs, and average of 121 singles without white. So over the space of 20 runs I got 3120 coins. Estimate. White induced in that.

On THF I was pulling out 192 coins average per run (TH8) which over the space of 20 runs where 3840 coins

Although a White Procs is amazing to see, over the course you lose out. All saying if you don't have THF then that's different, I don't have BST so I cannot try a estimate on that.

I hope this helps, not much info but its something :)
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2012-02-07 05:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually go dnc/00 out of maybe 60 runs I got 2 whites and they were both in same day never seen another one since then. One was a hippo one a manticore, I will be changing to thf/dnc as one of the other posters said if you going just for white you wasting time
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-07 05:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to solo dyna DNC/--- and I averaged around 130ish. White procs were very rare, but when they happened it was nice. However, I wanted more, so I decided to try DNC/THF and now I average ~200 solo (TH makes a big difference). In order for DNC/--- to compete with DNC/THF I would have to white proc more than every other run (not likely at all).

In my opinion, DNC/--- is only worth it if you are with a group and have someone else hitting your mobs with TH.

On a side note, I have been duoing with a friend more often than solo as of late. Me DNC/THF and him either THF/DNC or BST/DNC (now its only THF/DNC since we finished his Mandau). Instead of staying together we tend to split up to different camps because if we stay together, we are actually competition to ourselves and basically kill mobs too fast. With this strategy we tend to get just under 400 usually depending on how much competition we have (low competition we break 400 with ease). But we have found that splitting up with me using a sub job is more efficient than staying together and no sub job for similar reasons to why I don't DNC/--- solo.

Anyways, long story short: DNC/THF rules in dynamis. (Full time Saber Dance for the maximum awesomeness!)
 Siren.Kogasho
user: kogasho
By Siren.Kogasho 2012-02-07 05:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I know who it is. ^^
inb4 im going to be a teacher forever and stop playing ffxi... ^^
First Page 2