Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » {Linkshell} {Can I have it?}
{Linkshell} {Can I have it?}
By mortontony1 2011-11-22 12:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! Just looking for a good endgame shell. Never done Voidwatch or WoE but I'm really interested in it. Obviously do lots of abyssea. I still need a rajas ring and suppanomi (spelling?) and I'd like to maybe get some help with those as well? I have leveled and geared-ish war and dnc, war more geared but dnc is catching up. I tried to join a shell a little while ago, and I offered to level another job (cor) for them, but I ended up not enjoying it and falling in love with dancer really quickly. So I just have dnc and war. War has all red and working on getting blue. All I really want is a good shell with good people that would help me get some badass weapons/gear. Send me a message here or ingame (Character: Pajamas) please and thank you ^^
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-11-22 13:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Having coordinated end-game events and recruited for said shells for years, I would have to say that you're not quite ready for one yet. You're eager, and enthusiastic, and that's definately positive. However, you obviously don't have world access, which is definately a requirement.
Furthurmore, when I recruit, I look for people that main 2 jobs, 1 DD, 1 support. Cor is a good support job, but you have to main it as well as you main your War or Dnc. Ergo, to main is to love.
I don't know of any end-game shells that actually recruit, then mold their members. Maybe Fenrir is different, Ijdk. However, I sincerely doubt it.
Hell, it's gotten to a point where I won't even recruit people that don't have Dyna-tav, Xarcarbard access. I'd make a few exceptions, but very marginal ones.
I recommend you make yourself more attractive to an end--game ls. Play around with a few support jobs, find one that you enjoy, and cap it out (level, gear, merits, skill, etc.,) While garing access to all zones, sea, sky, limbus, salvage, etc.
Voidwatch is certainly considered a new end-game event, but many of the higher tiered pops require A-gamers and shell holders will be looking for that in recruiting.
I wish you luck. Like I said, you're certainly enthusiastic enough, and appear to be determined. Don't rush it though and you'll get there soon enough^^
[+]
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2011-11-22 13:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

very well said ^^
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-11-22 14:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For the love of god level your subs. I would never even consider an application that didn't have all it's necessary subjobs leveled, that's below the minimum bar.

That aside, Liltrouble is giving you the right advice. There are thousands of players out there with top geared dds, the bar is set higher than it used to be. Versatility and access to necessary content are required now to be useful to an endgame shell.

Take your time, up your game, and then start applying to shells. You'll get a much more favorable response.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-22 14:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said: »
For the love of god level your subs. I would never even consider an application that didn't have all it's necessary subjobs leveled, that's below the minimum bar.

That aside, Liltrouble is giving you the right advice. There are thousands of players out there with top geared dds, the bar is set higher than it used to be. Versatility and access to necessary content are required now to be useful to an endgame shell.

Take your time, up your game, and then start applying to shells. You'll get a much more favorable response.

^

Also I know you're interested in Voidwatch, but that's simply not going to happen on Fenrir. There's only a handful of Voidwatch shells, and from what I can tell they're all full/overfull, and they only accept players who are geared.

My best suggestion to you is find one or two people to spam Abyssea to get geared, then level a few more jobs/subjobs. Not to be mean, but my friend who's been playing for two months on limited playtime has better gear than you do, assuming your equip history is accurate. :x
[+]
By mortontony1 2011-11-23 12:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said: »

Profile isn't accurate, dnc and war are both 95 with appropriate subs leveled. Except for nin. *** nin.

And thank you all for your responses, I appreciate it ^^