Bowl Of Embers (Hyper)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Bowl of Embers (Hyper)
Bowl of Embers (Hyper)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By LordQuatre 2011-10-11 10:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

After having done the fight, I was looking over your guide and noticed that in Phase 4 you didn't mention that his abilities go back to singles for the duration of the phase. I.E:

Eruption and Crimson Cyclone will only come in sets of 1.

Although he did do a Cyclone, come back, melee us and use Cyclone as his next ability. That short minute-long phase was a little whacky one attempt.
By TwentytwoObv 2011-10-11 10:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Buddhsie said: »
Congratulations for achieving something in a shorter time than everyone else, I sincerely hope your real life suffered heavily as a consequence for your bragging.

Actually, my real life did suffer from the hours I put into Ifrit. We were mid attempt and the UPS man knocked on the door, I obv couldn't answer it so, I missed getting my Dark Souls by a day since I couldn't sign for it. :(
[+]
By Filtiarne 2011-10-11 11:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Inah 2011-10-11 12:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

TwentytwoObv said: »
Congratulations for achieving something in a shorter time than everyone else, I sincerely hope your real life suffered heavily as a consequence for your bragging.

Actually, my real life did suffer from the hours I put into Ifrit. We were mid attempt and the UPS man knocked on the door, I obv couldn't answer it so, I missed getting my Dark Souls by a day since I couldn't sign for it. :(

dark souls not as great as demon's souls ya know!:/
By KKaWing 2011-10-11 19:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats! Can't wait to get into Ifrit again.

PS: Is there a development site for the parser you posted so I can follow it?
By Calemero 2011-10-11 20:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

KKaWing said: »
Grats! Can't wait to get into Ifrit again.

PS: Is there a development site for the parser you posted so I can follow it?

there isn't no. it's currently still in beta and not supposed to be fore public use yet.
 Caitsith.Pebe
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Pebe 2011-10-11 20:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Two main things I got from the video:
1. Pimp out my Glad or be annihilated
2. Go level lnc to give ppl massive amounts of epilepsy. *Starts playing All of the Lights*.
By lazerbw 2011-10-11 20:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Pebe said: »
Two main things I got from the video:
1. Pimp out my Glad or be annihilated
2. Go level lnc to give ppl massive amounts of epilepsy. *Starts playing All of the Lights*.

We use MRD tank now and its actually better because of the damage output of MRD compared to GLA, you should probably use GLA to learn the fight etc as they do have more survivability but phase 5 is a bit of a dps race and having your tank doing decent damage aswell as the damage dealers makes it alot easier.
By Murdax194 2011-10-12 00:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

just took this jerk down on lindblum
By Scap 2011-10-12 00:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

By lazerbw 2011-10-12 00:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats
By TheFatHousecat 2011-10-12 00:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats guys!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By TwentytwoObv 2011-10-12 00:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats doodz! Epic huh?
By Buddhsie 2011-10-12 01:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So Mudbutton INC won in less than 50 attempts.. does that make us 3x better than Bluegarter? I'm gonna say yes.
By Murdax194 2011-10-12 01:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

thankyfully our conjurer got the pug wep with his 31 pug! but fuzzy did get axe so wooooo!
By Scap 2011-10-12 01:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

H2H and Great Axe
By Rapter 2011-10-12 01:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

TwentytwoObv said: »
Grats doodz! Epic huh?

Wish there wasn't so much server lag, feels like the JP have an advantage over us. But an epic fight nonetheless.
By Scap 2011-10-12 02:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the best fights I have ever done!
By ExDSeptu 2011-10-12 02:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely an awesome fight, wish we got a cutscene after though...
By cullian 2011-10-12 02:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

very testing fight....fun and wtf at Ifrits Claws i cant use them >.>
By Calemero 2011-10-12 05:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So Mudbutton INC won in less than 50 attempts.. does that make us 3x better than Bluegarter? I'm gonna say yes.

obv yes best linkshell on the internets
[+]
By Rapter 2011-10-12 07:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Calemero said: »

obv yes best linkshell on the internets

Obviously we won because buddhsie wasn't there :D

He needs to stay away from beaches from now on to keep sand out of his 'private areas.'
By Lavella 2011-10-12 07:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

150x. Thats INSANE. We ran our 5th run lastnight and got him down to 20% 3x. FF vets are aware of blurgartr success/history but come on.....150 tries? You better know every damn single aspect of the fight in less than half that if you truly consider yourself an elitest. And you guys pore over data with a fine tooth comb. Imagine the amount of time taken of running ifrit fight 150 times. Either your skills aren't as high as you think, or your shell needs some new analysts.

Gratz on the win tho!
[+]
By Buddhsie 2011-10-12 07:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Too busy learning about rocks to kill iffie.
By Calemero 2011-10-12 07:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lavella said: »
150x. Thats INSANE. We ran our 5th run lastnight and got him down to 20% 3x. FF vets are aware of blurgartr success/history but come on.....150 tries? You better know every damn single aspect of the fight in less than half that if you truly consider yourself an elitest. And you guys pore over data with a fine tooth comb. Imagine the amount of time taken of running ifrit fight 150 times. Either your skills aren't as high as you think, or your shell needs some new analysts.

Gratz on the win tho!

A few points:

1) Our core roster has a large play schedule and I would surmise we are able to take more time out of our daily lives than most. That being said we did spend a good 15+ hours a day from 10/04 to 10/09 farming materia/gear/ifrit. Our highest attempt rate for a single day was 25ish attempts? Notice we use the word roughly to describe the number of attempts. Did we keep an exact tally? No. Do we really care all that much? Nah.

2) We pride ourselves on speed. It is the focus of everything we do in gaming. A majority of the attempts we see via a livestream or even on our own server have linkshells going 20-30 minutes in between attempts to repair/shoot the ***/ect. We have a 5 minute lockout and we use 4:59 of it. We are back in instantly. Our kill rate now stands over 30 as of today because we don't waste time. This plays a huge role in attempts vs. win factor.

3) Where in anything that we've ever posted has it been said that we consider ourselves to be elitist. If that title is given to us it is by a third party who obviously has no idea who or what we are about.

Lastly the simple fact of the matter is you can do it in 5 tries or you can do it in 10 tries or even 50 tries but if you were able to beat us to the punch you would have. We got schooled to the world first achievement by a JPLS who put in just as much effort as we did and they came out on top. Instead of hating/trolling on a thread that was designed to promote our linkshell while also being a source of information and help, you should worry about your own skillbase in the grand scheme of things.
[+]
By Rapter 2011-10-12 08:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lavella said: »
150x. Thats INSANE. We ran our 5th run lastnight and got him down to 20% 3x.
Gratz on the win tho!

Screenshots or it didn't happen :o

The last phase easily takes the most practice/strategy/coordination to get down. All the phases before that are fairly simple if you have competent members.
By Buddhsie 2011-10-12 08:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

3) Where in anything that we've ever posted has it been said that we consider ourselves to be elitist. If that title is given to us it is by a third party who obviously has no idea who or what we are about.

Here it is:

First off, we don't need to post a guide or video to know for a fact we are better than you Buddhsie - that much is already an apparent truth. MMOs are a competitive game genre where top tier groups flaunt their success - this is not a new concept. Generally though the egotism that is flaunted is full of asshattery and douchebaggery and for some people - like us - like Daeva of War - and like so many others, that egotism is flaunted in a helpful way.

If we kept information to ourselves it's likely that three weeks from now another NA linkshell MIGHT have gotten the kill. The skill ceiling on this fight is that hard. The time between when our LS kills it and when another LS kills it holds value and only increases in value as the gap gets larger. By helping people out we offer the chance to lessen that gap.

In the end if you and your own don't like receiving internet help from someone better than you - then don't read the thread. Simple as that. No one forces linkshells to go read bluegartr or for guilds to read bosskillers. They are there for help. Go get some of your own.

I thought of a great analogy today, so let's gather round and listen. You're like one of those guys that waits out the front of say an Apple store for a night or two to buy say an iPhone the first day of release. A week later some guy comes along and says "hey, check out my iPhone, I just waltzed into x store and bought it on sale for $200 cheaper than Apple sells it." To which you reply "So?! I got mine before you!"

The fact of the matter is, having something before someone is meaningless if you gave up something far greater to get it.
[+]
By Murdax194 2011-10-12 08:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Buddhsie ur drinkin hate-aid
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8