Bowl Of Embers (Hyper)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Bowl of Embers (Hyper)
Bowl of Embers (Hyper)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By AquaRegia 2011-10-10 08:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

We are still around 20% at the moment... but it seems PUG damage is close to LNC (but shorter range), so it's an alternative.
By Xeonerable 2011-10-10 09:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the written guide in the OP Calemero. :D
By Filtiarne 2011-10-10 09:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So are you running the Ifrit battle with a Marauder main tanking as well Aqua? I'm just about ready to materia a set specifically for this and my choice will have to drastically change if I'm going to be tanking him. I'm going to guess the whole purpose of Calemero's setup is to maximize DPS and make your time with the fire god as short as possible.
By TwentytwoObv 2011-10-10 10:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to take the fun out of everyone figuring it out on their own.
By Filtiarne 2011-10-10 10:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Telling us what skills he uses isn't exactly giving it away. It's still going to take dozens of runs to master avoiding them before most groups even get to see phase 4 or 5. It just takes the "What the F*#& was THAT?" aspect away.
By Dubont 2011-10-10 10:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

TwentytwoObv said: »
Way to take the fun out of everyone figuring it out on their own.
some people don't like dying multiple times without knowing what the hell is going on
[+]
By shinmetsu 2011-10-10 10:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I prefer figuring out stuff on my own too.
Also, beating it after some guide is released... dunno, just doesn't feel as good anymore.

Grats on beating him tho~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By dt415 2011-10-10 12:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i cant wait to get walk on by ifrit!
[+]
By AquaRegia 2011-10-10 12:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Filtiarne said: »
So are you running the Ifrit battle with a Marauder main tanking as well Aqua? I'm just about ready to materia a set specifically for this and my choice will have to drastically change if I'm going to be tanking him. I'm going to guess the whole purpose of Calemero's setup is to maximize DPS and make your time with the fire god as short as possible.

We switched from GLA to MAR last night, but honestly I don't see a significant difference one way or another. GLA has more HP (block is useless but you can put 100 hp in the shield nonetheless) and MAR has better dps
By dt415 2011-10-10 13:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

some MDR on our server has like almost 4k HP. thats without materia. plus in SB parties storms path is beast lol
By Filtiarne 2011-10-10 14:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh trust me as a full time MRD I know its power. With the new claim system our AOE capabilities are really starting to shine. And thanks for the response Aqua, I figured that DPS was the only real difference anyway. Goodluck with your runs.
By Buddhsie 2011-10-10 16:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Only reason they post the strat is so they can be like "everyone after us only beat it cause we told them how."
[+]
By Calemero 2011-10-10 18:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Buddhsie said: »
Only reason they post the strat is so they can be like "everyone after us only beat it cause we told them how."

lol yeah bro you caught me/us RED HANDED
[+]
By Filtiarne 2011-10-10 18:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Obvious troll is obvious.
-9000/10 honestly.
Just take the advice and thank them for saving you from 150+ runs at Ifrit. Or don't read it.
By Xeonerable 2011-10-10 18:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

nah he's not trolling, just jealous calemero beat him to it first. :P lol
By Scap 2011-10-10 19:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least they posted how to guide unlike the JP. grats on kill
By Takustar 2011-10-10 19:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for posting this! Knowing his moves really help. :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Scap 2011-10-10 23:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome fight Dude!
By Calemero 2011-10-11 00:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carraway Author said: »

ACHIEVEMENTS ON MAH BIRFDAY
By dt415 2011-10-11 02:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

gratz wheres the video?
By Calemero 2011-10-11 02:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Uce Supreme said: »
gratz wheres the video?

on the OP
By Buddhsie 2011-10-11 03:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Calemero said: »

I'm not trolling, I'm serious. It takes the fun out of it for everyone else. You guys spent an inhuman amount of time playing to beat this, congratulations, but for you to post a video and a guide masking a subtle message of "I'm better than you" and "You won now because we put out a guide" is just wrong. I don't care how much you deny it, I know behind it there's a hint of egotism. Next time wait before you do this sort of thing, at least until others have given it as many tries as you took to beat it.
[+]
By Calemero 2011-10-11 04:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not trolling, I'm serious. It takes the fun out of it for everyone else. You guys spent an inhuman amount of time playing to beat this, congratulations, but for you to post a video and a guide masking a subtle message of "I'm better than you" and "You won now because we put out a guide" is just wrong. I don't care how much you deny it, I know behind it there's a hint of egotism. Next time wait before you do this sort of thing, at least until others have given it as many tries as you took to beat it.

First off, we don't need to post a guide or video to know for a fact we are better than you Buddhsie - that much is already an apparent truth. MMOs are a competitive game genre where top tier groups flaunt their success - this is not a new concept. Generally though the egotism that is flaunted is full of asshattery and douchebaggery and for some people - like us - like Daeva of War - and like so many others, that egotism is flaunted in a helpful way.

If we kept information to ourselves it's likely that three weeks from now another NA linkshell MIGHT have gotten the kill. The skill ceiling on this fight is that hard. The time between when our LS kills it and when another LS kills it holds value and only increases in value as the gap gets larger. By helping people out we offer the chance to lessen that gap.

In the end if you and your own don't like receiving internet help from someone better than you - then don't read the thread. Simple as that. No one forces linkshells to go read bluegartr or for guilds to read bosskillers. They are there for help. Go get some of your own.
[+]
By Buddhsie 2011-10-11 04:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If we kept information to ourselves it's likely that three weeks from now another NA linkshell MIGHT have gotten the kill. The skill ceiling on this fight is that hard. The time between when our LS kills it and when another LS kills it holds value and only increases in value as the gap gets larger. By helping people out we offer the chance to lessen that gap. In the end if you and your own don't like receiving internet help from someone better than you - then don't read the thread. Simple as that. No one forces linkshells to go read bluegartr or for guilds to read bosskillers. They are there for help. Go get some of your own.

Wow, you seem to have a high opinion of yourself for someone who took over 150 tries to beat a monster. It's like I'm half way through an enjoyable movie and some douchebag comes along and yells out how it ends. Time taken since patch is not an impressive feat and does not distinguish your skill in any way from anyone else, all it shows is that you have more time to throw at the game. I'm sure many people out there will beat it in less than that, which will be a more impressive feat than your win (oh wait you've covered that base by putting out a guide). When I said you ruined it for everyone else I was not referring to just myself, as there was nothing new in there we did not already know. The fact that you consider yourself better than me is a little presumptuous.

You posted that guide all around the damn place, it's pretty hard to avoid. Next time think about the enjoyment of other players, rather than the self satisfaction of an unimpressive victory through shear man hours.

Congratulations for achieving something in a shorter time than everyone else, I sincerely hope your real life suffered heavily as a consequence for your bragging.
[+]
By Calemero 2011-10-11 04:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If we kept information to ourselves it's likely that three weeks from now another NA linkshell MIGHT have gotten the kill. The skill ceiling on this fight is that hard. The time between when our LS kills it and when another LS kills it holds value and only increases in value as the gap gets larger. By helping people out we offer the chance to lessen that gap. In the end if you and your own don't like receiving internet help from someone better than you - then don't read the thread. Simple as that. No one forces linkshells to go read bluegartr or for guilds to read bosskillers. They are there for help. Go get some of your own.

Wow, you seem to have a high opinion of yourself for someone who took over 150 tries to beat a monster. It's like I'm half way through an enjoyable movie and some douchebag comes along and yells out how it ends. Time taken since patch is not an impressive feat and does not distinguish your skill in any way from anyone else, all it shows is that you have more time to throw at the game. I'm sure many people out there will beat it in less than that, which will be a more impressive feat than your win (oh wait you've covered that base by putting out a guide). When I said you ruined it for everyone else I was not referring to just myself, as there was nothing new in there we did not already know. The fact that you consider yourself better than me is a little presumptuous.

You posted that guide all around the damn place, it's pretty hard to avoid. Next time think about the enjoyment of other players, rather than the self satisfaction of an unimpressive victory through shear man hours.

Congratulations for achieving something in a shorter time than everyone else, I sincerely hope your real life suffered heavily as a consequence for your bragging.

now stop derailing this thread and go back to your ifrit attempts.
[+]
By Buddhsie 2011-10-11 04:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

GG

By darla 2011-10-11 04:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone able to give a little more info on that parser having trouble getting it to work properly.
By ZettaiRyouiki 2011-10-11 07:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There are two schools of thought - share information or withhold information. Some want as much info as possible, while others prefer to figure it out on their own. You're going to lose whether you post the guide or not.

fwiw, I think the written guide was good but the video was overkill. Some intricacies should be figured out on our own. Maybe delay the video next time, like a week or so?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8