Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » ARCH Dynamis Lord Strategy
ARCH Dynamis Lord Strategy
First Page 2 3
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-18 18:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, have an Arch Dynamis lord pop set. In addition, imho, one of the most pro dyna shells on sylph with a group that can be counted upon to perform their respective tasks without fail and to the letter. However, what we lack, is a definate strategy for this Arch boss, as this is our first attempt. I say "definate" as I HAVE entertained a couple, including a tp zerg with three consecutive chainspell stuns. But nothing definate. I'm looking for some realistic strategies, preferably from knowledgeable sources. Thank you
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-18 18:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a definite strategy, but you're going to want Perfect Defense. You need to pop Perfect Defense before popping, because if you do it while popping, the action of popping will de-summon Alexander, thus rendering him useless. If you PD after popping, everyone will be at half health and ***out of luck. You can Blood Weapon+Soul Eater zerg this. You're going to want to layer Chainspell Stuns. You'll want to do a BRD SV song rotation, maybe with a COR or two. That's about all I can give you.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-18 18:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
I don't have a definite strategy, but you're going to want Perfect Defense. You need to pop Perfect Defense before popping, because if you do it while popping, the action of popping will de-summon Alexander, thus rendering him useless. If you PD after popping, everyone will be at half health and ***out of luck. You can Blood Weapon+Soul Eater zerg this. You're going to want to layer Chainspell Stuns. You'll want to do a BRD SV song rotation, maybe with a COR or two. That's about all I can give you.
These are nice to have, but having Smn's and Brd's is limiting our DD number as we can only have 18 in an alliance. Furthurmore, Once popped, all members in the alliance is in essentially, a "bcnm" arena. Those dropped, from a swap, will be unable to re enter, as I understand it if PD is put up, then they drop from alliance, PD is removed once popped. Not certain of this however.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-08-18 18:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it's kind of relevant, what are the uses of the cape and ring compared to Shadow Ring and Mantle?

Looking at it I would have though occasionally nullifies all damage would beat out severe damage unless the activation rate is significantly higher.

EDIT - Completely forgot the ring had MAB stats.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-18 18:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Since it's kind of relevant, what are the uses of the cape and ring compared to Shadow Ring and Mantle?

Looking at it I would have though occasionally nullifies all damage would beat out severe damage unless the activation rate is significantly higher.
Acheron set is a shadow set on crack, just like Sagasinger is a Talekeeper on crack. But this derails the topic...
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-18 18:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
These are nice to have, but having Smn's and Brd's is limiting our DD number as we can only have 18 in an alliance. Furthurmore, Once popped, all members in the alliance is in essentially, a "bcnm" arena. Those dropped, from a swap, will be unable to re enter, as I understand it if PD is put up, then they drop from alliance, PD is removed once popped. Not certain of this however.

Trust me, having the SMNs and BRDs is well worth it. They're infinitely more useful than having more DDs. And I get that you're limited to 18 people--my strategy is for 18 people. You're not put into a BC, but it's similar. You keep your buffs, including Perfect Defense. You're not going to drop people from the swaps AFTER you pop. You do this BEFORE as you get ready. Then the BRDs and SMNs chill in the party as you fight helping with cures and whatever.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-18 18:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust me, having the SMNs and BRDs is well worth it. They're infinitely more useful than having more DDs. And I get that you're limited to 18 people--my strategy is for 18 people. You're not put into a BC, but it's similar. You keep your buffs, including Perfect Defense. You're not going to drop people from the swaps AFTER you pop. You do this BEFORE as you get ready. Then the BRDs and SMNs chill in the party as you fight helping with cures and whatever.
Ok, then correct me if I'm wrong. What you're suggesting is 1Whm, Smn, Brd, Rdm and 2 DD's/party in the alliance, which would mean only 6 DD's putting out Dmg. Also, wouldn't popping PD after Arch DL splits into three be more viable?
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-18 18:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Also note: 1 of the DD's must be a pro thf, with capped feint. We've discovered that treasure hunter is paramount to the end result
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-18 18:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Jekyll
Server: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-08-18 18:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, then correct me if I'm wrong. What you're suggesting is 1Whm, Smn, Brd, Rdm and 2 DD's/party in the alliance, which would mean only 6 DD's putting out Dmg. Also, wouldn't popping PD after Arch DL splits into three be more viable?
You're assuming you'll be alive if you wait for this.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-18 18:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm suggesting SMNx3, BRDx2, COR, RDMx2, and you can fill the rest with your choice of DDs and WHMs. I'm going to guess that DL should probably be dead before PD wears. I would not suggest popping PD after DL splits because he dishes out a shitton of damage from the start(especially if you're doing SE/BW zerging), and honestly you're not going to have that much healing power.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-18 18:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The video shows them popping PD after they popped Arch DL, but if it opens with a really painful move you're going to be ***, so idk.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-18 18:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm suggesting SMNx3, BRDx2, COR, RDMx2, and you can fill the rest with your choice of DDs and WHMs. I'm going to guess that DL should probably be dead before PD wears. I would not suggest popping PD after DL splits because he dishes out a shitton of damage from the start(especially if you're doing SE/BW zerging), and honestly you're not going to have that much healing power.
Ok, sounds good. In the video (thanks for that, btw) PD is popped on the initial pop as well. I didn't see a chainspell stun, but what appeared to be a concerted stun rotation. Gonna go with three Smn's, three Whm's, 2 Rdm's, as you suggested, with a minimum of 2 Brds, 1 thf with capped feint and treasure hunter. Popping him Saturday. Not OVERLY concerned, as I said, our ls is pro. We farmed the set in 2 runs, which considering Zone DL is required, is admirable, imo. Thanks for your suggestions. If anyone else has anything to add, I appreciate it
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-18 18:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If for some reason PD wears, make sure your BRDs sing Scherzo and your SMNs use Earthen Armor. Also if one of your SMNs use Diamond Storm (Evsasion down) on the mob, I'm sure it'll help~
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-18 18:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If for some reason PD wears, make sure your BRDs sing Scherzo and your SMNs use Earthen Armor. Also if one of your SMNs use Diamond Storm (Evsasion down) on the mob, I'm sure it'll help~
Diamond storm will definately be used, but has a possibility of missing, unlike feint. Feint + Diamond storm is not an option though^^
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-18 19:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck!

Record your fight and post it!
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-18 21:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Good luck!

Record your fight and post it!
Ty, and will do
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-19 00:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just posted our strategy on our ls forums:
ARCH DYNAMIS LORD
Family : Demon
Weakness : ?
Strength : ?
Title gained : Devourer of Shadows

Weapon skills

•Transfusion: AoE Drain.
•Manastrom: AoE Aspir.
•Tera Slash: High damage, ignores Utsusemi.
•Violent Rupture: AoE plus Knockback and Weight, absorbed by Utsusemi.
•Oblivion Smash: AoE damage, absorbed by Utsusemi.
•Dynamic Assault: Single target physical damage.
•Dynamic Implosion: AoE physical damage and Stun

2-Hr Abilities
•Chainspell
•Blood Weapon
•Hundred Fists
•Mighty Strikes

•Can cast Death.

ALLIANCE SET-UP
Party # 1
DD
DD
DD
Smn
Rdm
Whm

Party # 2
DD
DD
DD
Smn
Rdm
Whm

Party # 3
DD
DD
DD
Smn
Brd/CoR
Whm

Strategy
As most of you can see from the above alliance build, some of the strategy is quite obvious. To be clear, I will detail the strategy here. I will make it as brief as possible.
Arch Dynamis lord is spawned at the Castle Zvahl Bailey zone using 5 Fiendish Tomes. Once popped, All Summoners need to IMMEDIATELY use perfect defense. Upon pop, the main /assist will immediately voke Arch dynamis Lord and a designated Rdm will stun. The Thf will pop feint upon pop as well. DD's will immediately engage.
Red Mages will rotate stuns while using elemental seal enfeebs such as Paralyze II and Addle. They will particularly watch for, and stun, DEATH and CHAINSPELL
It will be imperative that Smn's DO NOT feel their jobs are done once they have popped Perfect Defense. A Diamond Storm will be essential. Furthurmore, once Perfect Defense wears, Earthen Ward or Earthen Armor will need to be applied IMMEDIATELY.
While RDM's primary duties will be to stun and debuff, it is imperative that they maintain refresh on the other mages in their respective party and be remain vigilant to a fast cure should one be necesary.
MIRRORS
At some point during the fight, Arch dynamis lord will split into three, causing ALL engaged, to become disengaged. At this time it is IMPERATIVE for all to use their /assist macro!!! If just 1 person is on an Arch Dynamis Lord Mirror it will spell F.A.I.L.U.R.E for the entire alliance!!!

DD's 2-hr abilities, When to use them
Party's 1 & 2 will use their 2-hr abilities IMMEDIATELY upon the popping of the Arch-boss Dynamis Lord. The party containing the Brd will use their respective 2-hr ability once the Arch Dynamis Lord has split into three. the Bard will heighten this effect by using SOULVOICE Minuet & Madrigal. This will also be known as the tank party .

IN CLOSING
Everyone will play a key role in defeating this boss. The number of times that it has been defeated to date on Sylph, can probably be counted on your hands. There are only a couple linkshells on the server that're equipped to tackle this boss, and I am extremely proud to be a member of the best of them; bar none. Know your role. Know your Duty. If you have ANY questions whatsoever, DO NOT wait til pop to ask them. The first 18 at gather together will be in the main alliance. I STRONGLY urge all that attends to have your job assignment way beforehand. I also recommend that EVERY member carry the following meds:

•Echo Drops
•Holy Water
•Vile Elixir +1 (1/member, LS will reimburse cost)

FOOD: DD's will use ACC food while Mages will focus on MND/MP food. RERAISE item is also Mandatory

NOTE : If anyone has ANY questions or SUGGESTIONS, please feel free to share PRIOR to the gather together. Thank you.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-19 01:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

you're going to pd zerg with no sv and wait until it splits to sv mad min one party using sushi?

gl anyhow
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-19 01:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhh, 1 brd/cor? Wtf?

And they're using MAD/MIN?!?! Are you *** high?
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-19 01:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Uhhh, 1 brd/cor? Wtf?

the "/" is meant as "or", not Brd/Cor sub. And I asked for suggestions, not profanic slander, thanks anyways though.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-19 01:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

but you got suggestions already, you just didn't put them in your strategy.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-19 01:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
I beg to differ. Added most of em, in fact.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-19 01:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Uhhh, 1 brd/cor? Wtf?

the "/" is meant as "or", not Brd/Cor sub. And I asked for suggestions, not profanic slander, thanks anyways though.

Ok, so, use 2-3 brds, Mmmkay? March/march is absolute. Second can use Min/min or Min/mad if you're hurting for acc. If using three, use min/min and min/mad on the last one.

Have everyone pop 2hrs before they even engage. Make sure PD is up before you pop him.

Should have CSS 2x alternating time from the start.

Probably more I'm forgetting.

Also, pro tip. You kind of ignored everyone's advice here when you posted your strategy.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-19 01:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

needs more brds
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-19 01:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
I beg to differ. Added most of em, in fact.

You realize 6 fully buffed DDs will outdo 12-14 gimped DDs, right?
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-19 01:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Niniann's suggestions As well as what I got from the Video were used. I'm also gonna edit the strategy to include 2 more Brd's. I believe we have them available
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-19 01:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Tera Slash just flat out death? I've been killed by it straight through Perfect Defense.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 01:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Niniann's suggestions As well as what I got from the Video were used. I'm also gonna edit the strategy to include 2 more Brd's. I believe we have them available
On the other hand the video had a war using the WoE great axe meleeing in twilight body

And a DRK using a great sword for a non-gimped-souleater zerg
First Page 2 3