Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » ARCH Dynamis Lord Strategy
ARCH Dynamis Lord Strategy
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-19 01:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Isn't Tera Slash just flat out death? I've been killed by it straight through Perfect Defense.
While it DOES ignore shadows and is capable of dealing a massive amount of Dmg, there's nothing to suggest that it would also ignore Perfect defense.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-19 01:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
Niniann's suggestions As well as what I got from the Video were used. I'm also gonna edit the strategy to include 2 more Brd's. I believe we have them available
On the other hand the video had a war using the WoE great axe meleeing in twilight body
We have a couple EW's as well as Relics. I think as far as gear/jobs go, we're set. The strategy was more in the selection and timing more than anything else.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 01:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I saw a dual sekka +2 nin in there too, christ almighty, anything can be done with 18 people it seems, despite how gimp
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-19 01:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I saw a dual sekka +2 nin in there too, christ almighty, anything can be done with 18 people it seems, despite how gimp
Lemme know when you find an alliance of all pimped out doing it rights working together....never happens >:
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-19 01:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you understand a BRD rotation. This is done BEFORE you pop.

Have 2~3 BRDs, and maybe a COR. If you have a COR, have them roll for the parties before doing a BRD cycle. Keep in mind COR rolls last for 5min(unless they have merits), so you can probably only roll for two parties, idk.

Anyway, this is the part that everyone should know about. A SV BRD Rotation.

Step 1: Make sure your party leaders aren't *** imbeciles (haha, oh wait...).

Step 2: Make sure your imbecile BRDs know what they're singing. The pro way to do it is to have your BRDs change the songs they sing in succession(march x2 for one party, minx2 for the next, madx2 for the last, etc)so they don't have to wait on recast timers, but whatever, that's too hard. If you don't think your BRDs are capable of using their brain and creating a macro pallet for Zergs. Mine looks like ctrl+ 1(March), 2(March), 3(Min), 4(Min), 5(Mad), 6(Mad), 8(Troubadour), 9(Nightingale), 0(Soul Voice). I pop them in the order of 0 8 9 1 2 3 4 5 6. ANYWAY.

The easy way for people without braincells is to just tell them to stick to two songs. Easy right? Should be, god I hope so. Tell one BRD to do Marchx2, other to do Minuetx2, last to do Madrigalx2. If you only have two BRDs, use your brain when determining what songs they're using. If you're in a party with MNKs, don't use March because they have Hundred Fists. If you're fighting a mob that's evasive, make sure to use at least one Madrigal. I'm not your mother, but if you want my opinion, if you have two BRDs and you're fighting Arch Dyna Lord use Marchx2(if not MNK) and Min/Mad. If you're in a MNK party(by the way now's the time to make the MNKs all in one party), I'd do Minx2, Madx2. This will confuse your idiot BRDs though, so approach with caution.

Step 3: Make sure your BRDs have Nightingale and Troubadour meritted. You should probably check this before reaching this step, because otherwise you're going to have to go blow their brains out in your drunken fury. Now, if they have this meritted, hope to god they know how to use the JAs in a timely fashion.

Step 4: Make sure if your BRDs and party leaders are too stupid to type /pcmd leave, /pcmd join and /pcmd add bard'sname, they're smart enough to make a macro to do this. Usually you tell your idiot party leaders to make macros in sequence of the people they're going to invite. You can also have your BRD make a disbanding macro that's like

line1: /p {Disbanding party.} {Please invite me.}
line2: /pcmd leave

Wolfshadow suggested that you put /tell partyleader {Please invite me.} macros in. This should help prevent your party leaders from being stupid.

Step 5: Now that you've double and triple checked that your party leaders and BRDs know what the ***'s up (you should now take the time to ask the BRDs what they're singing and the party leaders who they're inviting in what order), it's time to actually get on to the BRD swapping.

1. First your BRDs activate Soul Voice, Troubadour and Nightingale.
2. Next, they sing their two songs and /pcmd leave.
3. Their next party leader should /pcmd add brd, and the BRD should /pcmd join.
4. They should now start singing their songs again. Continue steps 2~3 until they're done cycling through their parties.

You are now done with your BRD rotations. Go get 'em, killer!
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-19 02:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
Lemme know when you find an alliance of all pimped out doing it rights working together....never happens >:

Morality.

God I miss that shell.

:(
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 02:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather have a different job than a sekka +2 ninja, especially for a zerg
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 02:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually included /tells to the party leaders and other bards when I dropped party back in the old brd-rotation for einherjar bosses days, otherwise if you're stuck with a "slow" party leader let's say, you could be outside the alliance for what seems like forever
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-19 02:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather have a different job than a sekka +2 ninja, especially for a zerg

Yeah... that's... pretty awful. :x

I didn't actually watch the video to see what people were doing, I guess I probably should've done that for the lulz.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-19 02:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually included /tells to the party leaders and other bards when I dropped party back in the old brd-rotation for einherjar bosses days :<

:< Not a bad idea. I was spoiled by Morality, they were on their game, I never had to make a 'leaving party' macro or a 'please invite me good sir' macro. Twas nice. Good times, good times. /tear
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2011-08-19 02:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You can stop the countdown of your buffs by examining ??? with F8.
Diamond Storm overwrite Feint. Feint does not overwrite Diamond Storm.
ADL does not Chainspell, Blood Weapon, Hundred Fists or Mighty Strikes.
Tera Slash "V2" (when it jumps) is a conal Death attack and the main danger in this fight.
Chances that ADL will kill someone before PD is set are very low with EA. Summoners must have a macro ready for Alexander.
Saboteur Dia III on it.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 02:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I only had to do it when I was in an alliance where the party leaders were...very...not...good...players, ANYWAYS those days are gone. /repress
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-19 02:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Tera Slash "V2" (when it jumps) is a conal Death attack and the main danger in this fight.
Chances that ADL will kill someone before PD is set are very low with EA. Summoners must have a macro ready for Alexander.
Saboteur Dia III on it.

Good points. I didn't know Diamond Storm overwrote Feint. That's obnoxious. :x
Lol, I only had to do it when I was in an alliance where the party leaders were...very...not...good...players, ANYWAYS those days are gone. /repress

That's horrible man. ; -; /comfort.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-19 02:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Saboteur Dia III on it.
This... is... awesome. I will also have a <call> for Brd swaps
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-19 02:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the problem where me, I'm on bard. so I'm super srs. minstrel ring the works...in and out then have to wait on the dopes who didnt have any sort of song- stuff >.>
ANYWAYS those days are gone. /repress
Just you wait.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 02:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to lie, not digging the new font, makes me need to squint my eyes to read
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-19 02:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the problem where me, I'm on bard. so I'm super srs. minstrel ring the works...in and out then have to wait on the dopes who didnt have any sort of song- stuff >.>.

Yeah, I had to deal with this on occasion too. That's irritating. The worst are the ones who didn't merit Nightingale, just Troubadour. I want to blow their brains off.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-19 02:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to lie, not digging the new font, makes me need to squint my eyes to read
Is this better sir?
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-19 02:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

^

Pick a color that's on the darker half of the spectrum.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 02:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this better sir?

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-19 02:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
I had the problem where me, I'm on bard. so I'm super srs. minstrel ring the works...in and out then have to wait on the dopes who didnt have any sort of song- stuff >.>.

Yeah, I had to deal with this on occasion too. That's irritating. The worst are the ones who didn't merit Nightingale, just Troubadour. I want to blow their brains off.
Dude

Dude

Listen

Foe Sirvente and Adventurers Dirge are far better than those abilities.

Re-*** what you're doing as BRD.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-19 02:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the problem where me, I'm on bard. so I'm super srs. minstrel ring the works...in and out then have to wait on the dopes who didnt have any sort of song- stuff >.>

I hated it. It got to a point where I started shouting at the shitty bards who did every song in a *** harp
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 02:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Flion's right, besides spellcasting time- takes time to proc
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-08-19 02:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember my first einherjar shell making brds rotate the entire run, then the party leaders would suck and not invite us until they noticed marches wore(IE:after not having them for 3-4 minutes, far negating any benefit from any 2nd brd songs>.>)...anyway!

8 useful relic/well geared empys should be enough DD yeah? Looking to do a run and probably going to have:

party 1+2: DDx4 brd smn
party3: smn, rdm/blm x2-3, whm1-2, thf(if not one of the DDs)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-19 02:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 someone thinks I'm super serious and sends me a 20 paragraph diatribe on it.

You think I'm exaggerating and I'm really not. It's gotten to a point that I need to end my sarcastic posts with /sarcasm because people take me at face value 100% of the time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 02:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If the other brd/party leaders weren't HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE we'd do a brd rotation the entire run, it was actually kinda fun scrambling around trying to fit ballads in before you needed to go to the next party lol
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-19 02:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said:
Step 2: Make sure your imbecile BRDs know what they're singing. The pro way to do it is to have your BRDs change the songs they sing in succession(march x2 for one party, minx2 for the next, madx2 for the last, etc)so they don't have to wait on recast timers, but whatever, that's too hard. If you don't think your BRDs are capable of using their brain and creating a macro pallet for Zergs. Mine looks like ctrl+ 1(March), 2(March), 3(Min), 4(Min), 5(Mad), 6(Mad), 8(Troubadour), 9(Nightingale), 0(Soul Voice). I pop them in the order of 0 8 9 1 2 3 4 5 6. ANYWAY.

I'm not the only one who does this!!!!! :):):):):) :D:D:D:D:D
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 02:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone knows that you do nightingale before troubadour
duh
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-19 02:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said: »
I'm not the only one who does this!!!!! :):):):):) :D:D:D:D:D

:3 <3

Edit: I am currently creating an image that has acceptable font colors on them. MAYBE PEOPLE WILL LISTEN.

testing:

rawr?
[+]