Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » New XI Bonus
New XI Bonus
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-07-15 23:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Stacks with PR merits they dont get a reduction so when under the effect of 11 I get 20 second PR's This allows me to spam roll chaining 11's its actually pretty badass. I for one am enjoying the new update.
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
Server: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2011-07-16 13:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said:
Stacks with PR merits they dont get a reduction so when under the effect of 11 I get 20 second PR's This allows me to spam roll chaining 11's its actually pretty badass. I for one am enjoying the new update.

was wondering if merits worked... I'd imagine the ASA pants would as well so that's pretty cool for 15s recast but idk if I'd always hit 11 before those 15 are up at which point its a little wasteful.

Also, manifesto... 3x rolls yay.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-16 14:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

With this new 3 rolls thing I think PR recast merits will become vital...or else we'd be spending all time buffing and just forget even bringing a weapon. As it is it seems to me that we'll only have the time to QD and WS(not that I dislike it honestly).
By Artemicion 2011-07-16 14:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice if double-up was just ever so slightly faster on recast. I can't be the only one who found it a tad on the slow side when you already know what combination you rolled, especially when you get unlucky and just keep rolling ones and twos; thus making an effective roll take much longer than necessary.

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
With this new 3 rolls thing I think PR recast merits will become vital...or else we'd be spending all time buffing and just forget even bringing a weapon. As it is it seems to me that we'll only have the time to QD and WS(not that I dislike it honestly).

This is also why I think Winning Streak will become an appealing merit as well in the future. Especially with a possible third roll coming into play.
 Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2011-07-17 03:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said:
10 min duration on XI 1 year ago also messed up the cycle, and it gives useless roll on COR itself for 10 min if you accidentally hit a No.11 on rolls you don't want. (For example, having evokers roll on COR for 10 min while doing DD stuff and such)

This is way better IMO, you can go all out gamble and aim for no.11, for a buff you really want.

Have I been missing something? All of my 11's have given 5 minutes. Period. Was this a revoked change that happened?
By Artemicion 2011-07-17 03:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Phlow said:
Ragnarok.Afania said:
10 min duration on XI 1 year ago also messed up the cycle, and it gives useless roll on COR itself for 10 min if you accidentally hit a No.11 on rolls you don't want. (For example, having evokers roll on COR for 10 min while doing DD stuff and such)

This is way better IMO, you can go all out gamble and aim for no.11, for a buff you really want.

Have I been missing something? All of my 11's have given 5 minutes. Period. Was this a revoked change that happened?

I can't recall when exactly, but awhile back whenever you rolled an 11 it would be given a boost of 10 minute duration; the downside however, was that it could not be overwritten by a new roll until it had reached under the duration of a normal roll. So if you got a nice roll for the mages, you were stuck with it for awhile giving no benefit to yourself.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-18 02:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Phlow said:
Ragnarok.Afania said:

Actually it only last 5 min, and after 5 min you can over write it with something else I think.

But you'd still stuck with No.11 for a while, which doesn't give any freedom to choose what buff to keep on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2011-07-18 03:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd much rather have the ability to simply phantom roll more quickly with buffs that can overlap themselves.

3 rolls at once and cycling with this ALSO in effect is going to make doing anything but rolls impossible. For Armageddon Cor that situation is ludicrous.

SE is approaching cor improvements in skewed ways that do not understand the job in depth.
By Artemicion 2011-07-18 03:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said:
I'd much rather have the ability to simply phantom roll more quickly with buffs that can overlap themselves.

3 rolls at once and cycling with this ALSO in effect is going to make doing anything but rolls impossible. For Armageddon Cor that situation is ludicrous.

SE is approaching cor improvements in skewed ways that do not understand the job in depth.

Would be cool if we could have a self-locking JA mechanism that lets us hold particular buffs in place on ourselves so we don't have to worry about containing something useless for ourselves or overlapping etc. etc.
 Sylph.Nephriel
Server: Sylph
user: Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2011-07-18 12:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I really doubt the 3rd roll thing will be a generic job update. Bards had to get a 90 empy harp for their 3rd song, and I figure we'll have to do something like that. Maybe post 90 Armageddon will branch off into a cor path and a rng path and one of the cor branches will have a 3rd roll option?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-18 12:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nephriel said:
I really doubt the 3rd roll thing will be a generic job update. Bards had to get a 90 empy harp for their 3rd song, and I figure we'll have to do something like that. Maybe post 90 Armageddon will branch off into a cor path and a rng path and one of the cor branches will have a 3rd roll option?
Bards don't have a shared recast on all songs. So our situation is kinda different, I wouldn't really compare them.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-07-18 12:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Or SE could say a big FU to us and day oh it's only on lv 99 Death Penalty...
 Sylph.Nephriel
Server: Sylph
user: Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2011-07-18 12:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Sylph.Nephriel said:
Bards don't have a shared recast on all songs. So our situation is kinda different, I wouldn't really compare them.

Good point. /shrug Guess we'll have to wait and see.