Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
thats probably the only way lol unless you are a wizard like ludoggy
Me I just chainspell manafont with manawall and fantics up
dualboxed it a bunch on war just smashing it down with ukkos, had onevent to swap me into mdt set for earthen fury but mule died once i think
Was kinda funny. The one earthen fury I ended up just resisting happened when a group of people ran by... so they all died but I lived. Tell me more about this onevent...
Ahahaha... Reminds of the time a friend of mine was doing Garuda in Grauberg, ofcourse people were invisible, vulturing him. Next comes Aerial Blast, they hit the floor, always brightens up my day seeing a SuperDerp like that.

They were not standing there invisible Leo, they were standing there with their avatars out (3 summoners) waiting for us to wipe and to steal it from us. Was pretty hilarious watching them die though, our whole party lived. They then wanted to buy seals off us because they realized they didn't stand a snowflake's chance in hell of being able to kill it. Oh and one of them just kept standing there watching us, and another Aerial Blast came and killed them again! Ohsofunny.

On the note of VNM avatars using 2hr BPs (at least T2, not *** with T3 yet), it is TP based. They build TP, they use a BP. What that BP may be, varies completely randomly from the set higher tiers, in the case of Gamayun(Garuda): Predator Claws, Wind Blade, and of course the 2hr Aerial Blast. I've noticed that very much so on Koios. I've soloed him a lot, and he rarely uses any BPs. When we did it with 3+ DDs, even with full Penance on, he just spammed his BPs from the TP spam. Chione is probably the only one that really differs because of her Regain that increases as her HP goes down.

Edit: Thread derailing~

Pantokrator was designed to be lowmanned, just like the rest of Abyssea. As such, it makes sense that if you throw a ton of people at it, it's going to rape your face violently from the TP spam. And as I've noticed with NMs in Heroes zones, it was probably designed to be lowmanned with Empyrean weapons, if you wanted to kill it in a short amount of time. Frankly, if you're a big group fighting this guy, DO NOT throw all your DDs at it at once. Alternate them 1-2 at a time, and you probably shouldn't have to brew. Not to say that you shouldn't have a brew on hand incase something crazy goes down, say you're wiping, but to base your strategy on people brewing it and killing it, when you fail to kill it with one brew, people blame the brewer, not the guy who came up with the plan. Granted, it's clear not everyone knows how to brew, but it's not always their fault. As far as the perfect tank, you don't need a nin with a Kannagi, but it would be recommended for DDing. A mnk tanking for Hundred Fists would be amazing. Even moreso with Emp H2H. A pld would be best if they had an Ochain, but something other than that. Not really partial to pld because we all know it's a dying job. And the only thing that can keep it alive is Ochain and Excalibur. I'm positive someone has sat on their pld with full HP atma/cruor buffs/HP food/gear, engaged to a mob with Excalibur, and gone afk and still outparsed several DDs. That alone is awesome, otherwise. But iRamble... Drgs would be optimal DDs for it too. Inb4loldrg. Imagine if you will, two drgs. Both have Angon duration fully meritted (that's a 1min 30sec duration, of a 3min recast, 20% def down). Those two keep a cycle up, and every 3 min they come in and go nuts, as much ws dmg as they can put out, then Super Jump their hate off, and get out. Spirit Jump when possible (produces 0 enmity and gives the mob 0 TP when hit) for TP gain/deal dmg. Super Jump timer comes back up, get back in and repeat. Keep up the Angon Cycle. When they're not in there, other DDs if possible are dealing dmg while watching their hate (rngs Camoflauging, Stealthy Shot etc).

These are just all thoughts for reducing the need for a brew. I'll prolly get flamed for one of these views but idc. There's my 2 cents on the matter. These are just examples, not all of my ideas, just stuff I've taken off the top of my head.
[+]
 Asura.Leyla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: leylaz
By Asura.Leyla 2011-03-11 23:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy just time it right, like any other brew have patince when to ws at right time. I do agree with low man too, too many ppl on it feeds tp like a mofo.
By Ashaaman 2011-03-12 00:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

For Herculean would Griffon's Claw/Smiting Blow/Beyond be best?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-12 00:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashaaman said:
Well you got 2/3. But more tp only boost herculeans para duration
By Ashaaman 2011-03-12 00:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ashaaman said:

Ope, didn't look, I just know most elemental WS benefit from an increase to ftp for more tp. What would you say for a 3rd there?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-12 00:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashaaman said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ashaaman said:
Ope, didn't look, I just know most elemental WS benefit from an increase to ftp for more tp. What would you say for a 3rd there?
Depends on how much undying gives. Provided it gives you at least 6.5% (for a total of 5% increase in ice dmg if you already using beyond) it will beat ultimate which would be next best.

I don't have it and haven't tested it by I'd guess it would be 10% so with ulimate would increase your dmg by 7.6%. In which case i'd actually maybe recommend TH atma if you don't have someone else providing TH. I freqeuntly do TH atma as a rng/thf. Though not because I'm limited in awesome atmas since I can use 2 +fire major ones and GC. Mostly cause Wildfire is so awesome. But I figure as long as you can do the job good and efficiently try increasing your droprate if you can still easily get the job done in the time required... now if you were trying to do 6 or more say on 1 brew yeah go all out on dmg /blm use drinks etcs
By Ashaaman 2011-03-12 00:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ashaaman said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ashaaman said:
Depends on how much undying gives. Provided it gives you at least 6.5% (for a total of 5% increase in ice dmg if you already using beyond) it will beat ultimate which would be next best.

I don't have it and haven't tested it by I'd guess it would be 10% so with ulimate would increase your dmg by 7.6%. In which case i'd actually maybe recommend TH atma if you don't have someone else providing TH. I freqeuntly do TH atma as a rng/thf. Though not because I'm limited in awesome atmas since I can use 2 +fire major ones and GC. Mostly cause Wildfire is so awesome. But I figure as long as you can do the job good and efficiently try increasing your droprate if you can still easily get the job done in the time required... now if you were trying to do 6 or more say on 1 brew yeah go all out on dmg /blm use drinks etcs

Thanks a lot for the help, I'd probably have a THF with me, so I'm thinking Beyond/GC/Undying.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-03-12 01:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume the OP was not asking for info regarding whether a brew is necessary or not, but just to clarify, any NIN + WHM can do this mob. I'm sure MNK could too. Just know when to turn and he'll never 2-hour. If he does, have fanatics or fools ready. There's really nothing else to offer in terms of advice. It's not any different than any other NM other than knowing when to turn.

I may be wrong, but I read that Zelus was a blue trigger drop and not dependent on TH. The torque is the TH drop.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-12 01:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
I may be wrong, but I read that Zelus was a blue trigger drop and not dependent on TH. The torque is the TH drop.
That's nowhere near how blue or TH work. Both raise the droprate of any non-100% items.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-12 01:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Helel said:
That's nowhere near how blue or TH work. Both raise the droprate of any non-100% items.
This. And as far as I can think of the only thing that isn't effected by by one of the procs (depending what item) are the trophies.
 Cerberus.Vedder
Server: Cerberus
user: Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2011-03-13 16:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Brewing Pantokrator. :(

Bismarck.Helel said:

Out of 10 Pantokrator with Blue proc and a minimum of TH8, we've gone 8/10 on Tiara and 10/10 on the Torque & Horn. I'm not making any claims, just providing some data.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-13 16:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kissmekillme said:
What's the best way to get KI off the ironclad?

you proc red.
[+]
 Unicorn.Crysten
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-03-13 18:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
What's the best way to get KI off the ironclad?

you proc red.

GENIUS.
 Valefor.Kissmekillme
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Kissmekillme 2011-03-13 18:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice I never thought about that but no really sorta asked for a setup in doing that. I haven't been on Unicorn for years but Really not missing it with bright ppl like y'all on it.
[+]
 Unicorn.Crysten
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-03-16 07:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice I never thought about that but no really sorta asked for a setup in doing that. I haven't been on Unicorn for years but Really not missing it with bright ppl like y'all on it.

We're only playing, and ultimately that's what it boils down to.

A WAR and a WHM should be able to handle it, as long as you don't move it away from it's pop. If it uses one 2 hour more than 2 or 3 times it's usually safer to just kill it outright. Proc red as soon as you can, and it won't give you much of a hassle. Leave it too long and he'll probably wipe you.

He's not as bad as anyone makes him out to be.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-30 09:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mean to ask a dumb question but I can't tell if the previous posts are saying "you can kill him easily with nin/whm or war/whm", or if they are saying "you can proc !! easily with nin/whm or war/whm".

Can he be easily killed low man? Can the previous pop items NMs also be done easily and efficiently with 2-3 people? If not would 4-6 be enough?

Can someone give me a small synopsis of what to expect? I just like to have an idea of what I'm up against before tackling anything. I'm kind of the "researcher" of our group.

Thanks guys^^

P.S. I realize this isn't about brewing but I didnt want to make a whole new topic.

P.P.S. in b4 "mnk and whm can kill anything"
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-30 09:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched/helped a mnk nin + whm do it. Though after awhile the nin backed off since mnk needed to proc and didn't want to feed tp. The 2hrs seem to be triggered by how much you heal it... so if you make sure to turn and not heal it too much hardly 2hrs at all.

Actually in some ways the ironclad was harder since it seems to just 2hr alot and gets so much stronger when you do.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-30 10:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure that I'm going to get flamed for this but: Would a pld/nin be safer (albeit slower) to straight tank the iron giant? We'd still have our mnk and we don't need grellow from the giant. I'd rather not have to re-do any of these fights. We can always adjust our strats later after a couple successes.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-30 10:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Only saw/helped with like 4 or so fights but speed of kill deteremined safety more than type of tank. Like the one time couldn't find red proc forever it had 2hrd so much that the melees weren't hardly doing any dmg and the thing was doing 1500+ non crit melee hits.

So if anything pld would probably be less safe. This time
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-30 10:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How many people did you have and what what setup? We have a core group of 5-6 people that I can probably make a working group for this out of.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-30 10:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

was same. nin mnk whm. Well I was there buying ***on thf for th but didn't do alot. The other melees were empyrean of course
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-30 10:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So Mnk, Nin, Whm, Blm, Thf(th) with a war doing drive by should be overkill/work?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-30 10:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be. Just don't tp feed to much and watch out
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-30 10:26:07