Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 17:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
900? Really?
Yeah. I didn't beleive it either so I tested it along with the dstat cap out a bit back. That's the main reason magical ones do such rediculous dmg lol.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
Server: Leviathan
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-11 17:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironclad gains a permanent +10% damage dealt every time it uses Mighty Strikes and a permanent -10% damage taken every time it uses Invincible. They don't seem to have much(any?) of a recast, as I've seen a pop use invincible 3x in about 2 minutes at the start though it doesn't always spam them. If they cap, it's around 80%. I would wager solo is impossible without brew, though duo isn't particularly hard with any decent DD(empyrean not required, though it helps). All about speed here, if it gets a few of the same 2hr off your fight is going to get a lot worse really quickly.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 17:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it seem like it might be tp related? I know the avatars seem to use there 2hr bps just in place of other ones.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-11 17:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not TP related.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-11 17:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
It's not TP related.

Depends what avatars he's talking about, the vnms can Astral Flow at will, the normal avatars (outside of waking the beast) however, cannot.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-11 17:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely not TP related, the one that triple invincibled only landed 1-3 hits per invinc between evasion set and utsusemi(since unable to do damage anyway, clearly my melee wasn't giving tp). This was at 100%(It was still like 98 after the 3rd invinc wore), so TP is unlikely to be used at 100 as well.

(The only reason I remember that fight so well was because I went through about 15 pops to get 10 DNC body seals and wiped on that one because of the aforementioned spam dragging it on so long.)
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-11 17:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was answering his question about Pantokrator, not the avatars. Pantokrator 2-hrs on whim, basically.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 17:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:
It's not TP related.
Depends what avatars he's talking about, the vnms can Astral Flow at will, the normal avatars (outside of waking the beast) however, cannot.
I was talking about VNMs. And everytime I was solo tanking I watched them use it as well as their T4 spells as just bps from getting tp. And I held one at <25% for a good 10 min waiting for everyone to unweaken. When I was soloing the titan one alot the few times it did earthen fury me was always at the same hp it would've otherwise done it's first tp move.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-11 17:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Uggh, absolutely full of misconception I am -.-
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Admittedly avatars are weird in abyssea... I mean I blocked aerial blast with fanatics lol
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-11 18:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Admittedly avatars are weird in abyssea... I mean I blocked aerial blast with fanatics lol

Also, Koios can Earthen Fury?
In all the times I've killed that, never once have I seen it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Yeah idk. I solo'd it like 30 times and none. Then had it do it as the first move 4 fights in a row (killed me the first 3 lol). And I know it was the same one since no one else killed. And the next one wouldn't do it so... my theory is there is HQ versions kinda like normal VNMs.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-11 18:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Yeah idk. I solo'd it like 30 times and none. Then had it do it as the first move 4 fights in a row (killed me the first 3 lol). My theory is there is HQ versions kinda like normal VNMs.

Ahhh Makes sense, never have encountered a HQ vnm before, though.
Is there any way to Distinguish them? I've heard rumors that if a vnm has a shadow it's essentially a HQ monster?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 18:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah think you need 3rd tools for that
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-11 18:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
all seeingeye shows shadows for some vnms but they arent necessarily there when you pop it, that use for that plugin is not to be trusted at all

never seen a shadow with allseeingeye then pop and it has shadow

talking mainly krabs/ruthvens
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-11 19:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
all seeingeye shows shadows for some vnms but they arent necessarily there when you pop it, that use for that plugin is not to be trusted at all

never seen a shadow with allseeingeye then pop and it has shadow

talking mainly krabs/ruthvens
Allseeingeye pulls the mob's image file. The image file is reassigned when the monster is actually popped. The only thing you can tell from allseeingeye is whether the last pop had a shadow or not, nothing about the current pop.

There are no HQ avatars, all blood pacts are just TP moves and random chance means you have a chance to not see the 2hr or see multiple instances of it. If you're soloing with high damage nukes like I believe Dasva was, it'll only get a single tp move when it hits 24%.
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2011-03-11 19:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS did this last night and everytime we brewed it would 2hr and regain HP so fast. Everytime we brewed though, we noticed that when we dealt out a LOT of damage in a short amount of time, it would 2hour everytime we did it, the trick to it was to have 2 PLD/NIN tank it, a couple of WHMs, RNG for DD worked. having too many DD on it just makes it 2 hour. gotta chip away at it slowly.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 19:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
If you're soloing with high damage nukes like I believe Dasva was, it'll only get a single tp move when it hits 24%.
No I was on thf. Just saying the same one kept using 2hr as the first move at around 90% while all the others didn't at all. Not sure how you could solo them with high dmg nukes given there hp immunity to debuffs in general etc.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-11 19:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:
If you're soloing with high damage nukes like I believe Dasva was, it'll only get a single tp move when it hits 24%.
No I was on thf. Just saying the same one kept using 2hr as the first move at around 90% while all the others didn't at all. Not sure how you could solo them with high dmg nukes...

fast legs and /nin >:D
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-03-11 19:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:
No I was on thf. Just saying the same one kept using 2hr as the first move at around 90% while all the others didn't at all. Not sure how you could solo them with high dmg nukes...

Speed hack and /nin >:D
hell yeahs
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-11 19:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

thats probably the only way lol unless you are a wizard like ludoggy
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 19:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Me I just chainspell manafont with manawall and fantics up
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-11 19:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Washburn said:
2 PLD/NIN tank it, a couple of WHMs, RNG for DD worked. having too many DD on it just makes it 2 hour. gotta chip away at it slowly.
i'm not going to question your methods of killing stuff, but
wouldn't Kannagi NINs be the best tank for this thing? -mdt for cs, full eva for hundred fists.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-11 19:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
dualboxed it a bunch on war just smashing it down with ukkos, had onevent to swap me into mdt set for earthen fury but mule died once i think
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 19:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
dualboxed it a bunch on war just smashing it down with ukkos, had onevent to swap me into mdt set for earthen fury but mule died once i think
Was kinda funny. The one earthen fury I ended up just resisting happened when a group of people ran by... so they all died but I lived. Tell me more about this onevent...
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-03-11 19:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Was kinda funny. The one earthen fury I ended up just resisting happened when a group of people ran by... so they all died but I lived. Tell me more about this onevent...
Oh Dasva....welcome to pc 2011!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-11 19:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

Ahahaha... Reminds of the time a friend of mine was doing Garuda in Grauberg, ofcourse people were invisible, vulturing him.
Next comes Aerial Blast, they hit the floor, always brightens up my day seeing a SuperDerp like that.
By alas 2011-03-11 19:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantokrator does not 2hr at will...it only uses 2hr when taking damage during a tp move or spell. Regular melee hits don't always trigger chainspell/hundred fists, but a large nuke or ws while it's casting or using a tp move almost certainly will.
As such, if you have only 1-2 people on the mob, it's ridiculously easy and doesn't need a brew. If however you want to speed things up and burn thru pops, ele ws's on brew kick ***. Wildfire will most certainly rape.