Is It Me Or Has This Game Just Become Really Boring

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Is it me or has this game just become really boring
Is it me or has this game just become really boring
First Page 2
 Odin.Suotuo
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Suotuo
By Odin.Suotuo 2009-03-13 02:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

One day i woke up and log in. said to myself why am i logging in really. Seems to me that only reason i log in is to chat with ls members or try and mpk a lucky ls or person. other than that NMs i camp good money but i feel no happier killing them over and over. I been thinking of just giving my account to someone in LS because this game is no longer about fun, now its about getting the best gear which seems pretty lame after you get it. I dont know though i could be experiencing burnout from doing to much imma mpk some people and see how i feel after that.

P.S. hope you not in my way when im feeling like sharing a mob if you know what i mean
 Phoenix.Zapper
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Zapper 2009-03-13 03:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not that the game i boring...Its that the people that play the game have got boring. All people wanna do now are ZNM's Salvage or Nyzul. Then when you do camp an NM its like hey lets zerg it! lets camp for 3 hours for fafnir or something then zerg it in 30 seconds. Then if the fight takes more then 15 minutes people start to say wow you guys suck took you 15 min to kill it...or after 30 minutes people are like omg that took WAY to long to kill i never wanna camp that again. We camp even a ZNM when you low man it. We just zoned nos with blms and killed it took about 45-1hr then people were all like OMG That took way to long i dont want to do that again. Come on people ***in the game is ment to be somewhat challenging. Not everything you do should be zergable. Work for the gear you get.
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
Server: Ramuh
user: lilaznkru
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2009-03-13 03:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lol o man the first time i popped nos... WHO KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE A NIGHTMARE?!? haha omg i brought like 12 people... then ended up holding/getting backup >.< haha i think it took like an hour and a half for the first one i ever did.. woops! was epic win though!
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-13 04:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Suotuo said:
One day i woke up and log in. said to myself why am i logging in really. Seems to me that only reason i log in is to chat with ls members or try and mpk a lucky ls or person. other than that NMs i camp good money but i feel no happier killing them over and over. I been thinking of just giving my account to someone in LS because this game is no longer about fun, now its about getting the best gear which seems pretty lame after you get it. I dont know though i could be experiencing burnout from doing to much imma mpk some people and see how i feel after that.

P.S. hope you not in my way when im feeling like sharing a mob if you know what i mean
Have you ever taken a break from FFXI before? Like a LONG break? Talking months here.

I left for a while, went and played WoW (great game, loads fun). But it got boring, and I came back. Now I love this game again. If you don't like the edgame scene nowadays, go into a more relaxed linkshell where they 'can't' zerg everything. Though personally considering how much I hate doing JoL, us Zerging it in 40secs the other day was welcome XD.

Seriously, if you don't like the game anymore, just cancel your Content ID and do something else/catch up with RL for a few months. Trust me ^^.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-13 04:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally agree with Saiya here =P

I took a small break at the start of the year.

Spent a month doing other things, played a different game with my brother and dad for a few hours a day.

Came back to FFXI after that and <3'd it all over again.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-13 04:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have taken several multiple month breaks, come back, and its awesome awesome
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-13 05:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The game is only boring if you want it to be boring.

Solo some missions

Kill random ***

Do Campaign

Synth somewhat

Help people with missions

There are a lot of things to do than ZNM/Slavage/HNMs now. You just forgot how to play, thats all.
 Odin.Suotuo
user: Suotuo
By Odin.Suotuo 2009-03-13 06:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

know what im going to take that advice Sunday im starting my break from ffxi. Thanks one thing i can say about these forums is that they are very helpful.

P.S. When i get back in months from break be nice
 Asura.Radagast
user: Radagast
By Asura.Radagast 2009-03-13 08:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm on a break myself right now. It's been nice, i'm still not at the point where I miss it yet but it will probably come when the next update comes :P
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-13 08:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What I do if I really need a break is just go find another game to play for a while, or have a mule on a different server and do things different than you did with your main char. I ended up doing fishing which I had a relaxing time to do on a mule and picking a job to lvl and have fun with. I dont do the missions for cop or any of that just cause I want to do my own thing a bit. Well now I consider a half break since I have school and it cuts into my ffxi time so I come on to help when i can with ls and level a job.
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-03-13 08:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I started the game July 2004, and have taken 2 separate 1 month breaks from the game.
Both times I thought I was quitting for good and ended up coming back ... cause I'm addicted.
 Fairy.Nirrvana
user: Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-03-13 09:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If your so bored that you are logging on to do nothing other than give people a hard time than yeah, take a break and do us all a favor.

IMHO it's the people who are boring not the game. In the last 5 years the average player has changed from someone who LEARNS how to play to people who are just interested in PL'd parties so they can get to end game. And a lack of common courtesy and general gamer's ethics is the "new thing". Noobs don't listen to the vets who try to help them and then we get high level players who are just noobs in disguise. So, the GOOD players pick up the jobs they can solo with and just ignore the idiots.

And I have take two LONG breaks from the game...

And here I am again...
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-03-13 09:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
What I do if I really need a break is just go find another game to play for a while, or have a mule on a different server and do things different than you did with your main char. I ended up doing fishing which I had a relaxing time to do on a mule and picking a job to lvl and have fun with. I dont do the missions for cop or any of that just cause I want to do my own thing a bit. Well now I consider a half break since I have school and it cuts into my ffxi time so I come on to help when i can with ls and level a job.

This is what i've done in the past too, after playing for months and months non-stop you do get burnt out in the game taking a break does wonders for you. Recently took a 6 week break from the game just before christmas and I was so psyched to get back on it and since I have i've enjoyed it so much more.

Just whip out those console games, some MGS4 or CoD or GTA whatever, give the mmo scene a break it works^^
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-13 09:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing another game is what makes me feel a renewed vigour for this game. Morrowind and Oblivion are always there for me when I need them!
 Seraph.Bachola
Server: Seraph
user: Bachola
By Seraph.Bachola 2009-03-13 09:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking your time and enjoying it helps alot.

I find some ppl tend to OMG I got to do BLM 1-75 in 1 weeks the LS needs me in SKY as BLM. So it rush rush and once you hit 75 its meh now what do I do I have Blm rdy to use 2/week for sky events....

Idk i've been playin since Apr 2004, left game for a reason then started back in 2007 and still love playing everyday.

I get into some trends where i want to craft so I enjoy going out and farming my mats and crafting and my goal keep cost a minimum, then go back to Lv'in , I do Dyna sky and use to do Assaults, but schedule is to busy.

Also what you can try is pull back for a week without logging on nor check any ffxi related sites, Ive done that in the past on 1st account and felt good coming back after a 1 week break
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-13 10:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I took time away from what I would have wanted to do for myself the other day, which was level SMN, and instead spent the time dual-boxing with a friend to help her finish her Evoker's Ring. Sure, I made a few gil in the process, but that's not why I did it.

In fact, I told her that she could repay me with "{{huggles}}" and really, a smile from a friend is repayment enough.

Later that same day, I skipped Sea with my LS to help a friend with a CoP mission. I talked to my LS leader, and he told me to go ahead and not worry about it. That's why we have a lot of officers. I have covered extra leadership duties when he took a night off to help a friend get a Yingyang Robe, and while it was a little more work for me at the time, it meant that somewhere someone was a happy SMN.

When I joined Vindication, I was shocked to see that the outgoing LS leader (who was taking a break from the game for a while, but is now back) was the same person who had taken the time and helped me with WHM AF3 way back in the day.

That stuff will always mean more to me than my Haidate, Merits, etc. All that the fancy gear and merits do in the end is make it easier to help people.

Suo,

we've had our good days and bad (heck, I kicked you from my linkshell at one point), but I wish you peace in your break and that you find a way to enjoy the game once again and come back. I'm probably starting DD back up as a "endgame social" that is new player friendly, so if you're interested, let me know.

~ Ara
 Odin.Tsukiji
user: Tsukiji
By Odin.Tsukiji 2009-04-07 19:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I take 2 month breaks every 3-4 months or so. Game's still fun for me.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-07 19:53:33
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Necro various topics. That keeps the game interesting, then tell your ls!
 Asura.Elvaton
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-04-07 20:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

whenever i start to get bored with this game i just take 4-6month breaks and when i come back theres usally a new update out and i have fun with the new stuff
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-07 21:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Other games ftw, what i do even while im enjoying it just to shake things up and keep it interesting.
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-07 21:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been playing, since 05, or 06. I cant re-call it exactly, and iv'e only taken, 2 breaks since, One was forced by my mother, (she put her Credit card in the wash.. changed it, and forgot to tell me) and an other when she decided she didn't want to pay for it anymore (I Know Right Crazy huh! not wanting to pay for my FFXI GOD!)

but the breaks let me get back to, what i Might consider a life, and have fun with my, "Family" takeing breaks from the game helps, Espcialy when you are faceing repitission like me, all i do is level, level, and level some more, then i don't know what to level, then i get bored outa my mind lol

on a break atm, untell the update comes out, :3 playing an other "Grind fest" of a MMO, and a few Xbox games, Its All ways relaxing to get away from FFXI for a while. :D
 Fairy.Leonmagnus
user: Leon
By Fairy.Leonmagnus 2009-04-07 21:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's you.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-07 21:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

^True. You just have to get a new outlook on the game. Spend a day on vacation and think about FFXI differently. Instead of saying like "I hate mage jobs", tell yourself "I want to level RDM tomorrow. It will be fun." You'd be surprised how much a slight change in mindset completely changes your whole feeling toward the game.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-07 21:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing as long as Blackmist, and I've never really taken a substantial break, although I find it helps to have set days we all take "off" from the game. Wednesdays and Sundays (and to a lesser extent Friday nights and Saturdays, unless we have concrete plans) are "free" days for my LS, if you're on great, if not whatever. Of course, RL takes precedence over game ***, so when someone can't make it regardless of what day it is, c'est la vie. We also try to vary what we're doing from day to day as a group, to keep things from getting stale.

Of course, we're not doing endgame ***that has more rigid schedules, but we've all pre-agreed that when we do start getting involved in that ***, we're doing it at a relaxed pace. Definitely won't accomplish things as fast as other people do, but it's not a race (not to us, anyways lol)
 Garuda.Courtney
Server: Garuda
user: Courtney
By Garuda.Courtney 2009-04-07 21:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been said before, but take a break.

I've done multiple "several month" breaks and every time I come back it's like a new game.

Eating the same food consistently gets old, same with playing a game for some of us.

Just don't lose your ID's and such lol... almost happened to me once =P
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2009-04-07 23:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lately i have been experiencing the same feeling when logging in.. its like wtf am i doing? the game has become more like work then a game which you can relax and enjoy. Lately all i have been doing is merit and sky. also what doesnt help me is that im in Jp so when im on so are all the jps that say "English" "No, thanks". drives me crazy since i can speak jp but because i use NA poll cant type jp. ; ;

Seems like people are suggesting to take a break rather than quiting. Sounds like a good idea to me. :)
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-04-07 23:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Neokenesis said:
Lately i have been experiencing the same feeling when logging in.. its like wtf am i doing? the game has become more like work then a game which you can relax and enjoy. Lately all i have been doing is merit and sky. also what doesnt help me is that im in Jp so when im on so are all the jps that say "English" "No, thanks". drives me crazy since i can speak jp but because i use NA poll cant type jp. ; ;

Seems like people are suggesting to take a break rather than quiting. Sounds like a good idea to me. :)

these specific people being racist ***holes, why would you want to speak to them anyway lol
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-04-08 00:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played for over a month now, I just got really bored. Mainly not having any friends to play with or do anything with is the key thing, along with my LS only does Dynamis and I would rather do something else for 3 hours then get a small chance for a drop.

Been dicking around in WoW for a few weeks now since my room mate plays. Its nice to play another mmo that is SO much easier and just gives you things. And doing quests have never been so easy, I can go through like 3 an hour!

But I honestly enjoy FFXI and its extremeness. I could never give up my character for the amount of effort and memories in the game.

Also school is wrapping up this month, so I am sure I will play again over the summer. Just have to find things to do in game.
 Odin.Moondaddy
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-04-08 00:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

suo nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-08 00:57:08
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Breaks definitely are mandatory time to time to keep yourself from being worn out from the basic nature of MMOs. Taking a few weeks off every handful of months does wonders and also keeps the droning of waiting for an update not so harsh.

Or you can do what I do and mess around on 4 different toons to keep things interesting. What were once mules are now full fledged characters lol.
First Page 2