Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22259 22260 22261 ... 22573 22574 22575
By Pantafernando 2022-08-15 03:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

When i first played FFT i thought it was unique, but looking old game videos, i see its not quite like that.

Tactics Ogre, Arc the Lad and yesterday i came to know Vandal Hearts, thats seems like FFT less polished, but the system and thematics is there. But actually its most likely FFT is that seemed like the previous one, more polished, as it came after.

I guess FFT was an experimental game that just summarized the going on concepts of SRPG and added the “FF flavor” on it. Given those above mentioned SRPG didnt seen mainstream, i guess FFT became the SRPG blockbuster of that time.

Personally, im reducing the merits i used to give to it. While the story surely is grandiose, the music and design, the system per se demands some respect to the older less known games
By Afania 2022-08-15 08:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
When i first played FFT i thought it was unique, but looking old game videos, i see its not quite like that.

Tactics Ogre, Arc the Lad and yesterday i came to know Vandal Hearts, thats seems like FFT less polished, but the system and thematics is there. But actually its most likely FFT is that seemed like the previous one, more polished, as it came after.

I guess FFT was an experimental game that just summarized the going on concepts of SRPG and added the “FF flavor” on it. Given those above mentioned SRPG didnt seen mainstream, i guess FFT became the SRPG blockbuster of that time.

FFT was similar to Tactics Ogre, because it's also created by Yasumi Matsuno, who worked in Quest until 1995 and created ogre battle/tactics ogre when he worked for Quest. Those were super popular in the 90s back then, still a good 500k-600k copies sold in Japan if I remember correctly.

Then he joined Square in 1995 and created FFT + other Ivalice games.

So basically, it's all done by the same guy.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-08-15 09:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ever want to be a Vtuber?

Sony is auditioning ...

https://www.prismproject.jp/audition2022

Not a joke.

By Pantafernando 2022-08-15 13:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to do one or other youtube video, but indeed, doing a single video with the bare minimum of quality does require some effort you can’t afford unless its your actual job.

Researching content, writing script and editing video, the bare minimum, shouldnt take less than 2~3h for a 10 mins video.

Totally not viable for someone that already works in something else
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-15 16:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In the era of people being able to rush from Lv.1 to Lv.99 in a lunch break, I know no one really cares about individual levels all that much. But dang I never realized how much stuff Dancer gets at Lv.45.

Haste Samba, Violent Flourish, Curing Waltz III, Evasion Bonus II, Subtle Blow II, Skillchain Bonus, and Damage Limit+. All at level 45!

I ended up quickly skimming all the other jobs and I think Ninja has the second biggest power spike at level 40, giving it the tier-2 elemental wheel, Daken II, Max HP Boost II, and the Yonin and Innin stances. And all that coming just 3 levels after its single most important spell, Utsusemi Ni.

Thirdly I'd argue would be Geomancer's level 75, granting it an instant 50% boost to its support ability with Entrust, the ability to merit Handbell and Geomancy Skills, some pretty decent merit abilities, and a spell to boot.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-08-15 17:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to do one or other youtube video, but indeed, doing a single video with the bare minimum of quality does require some effort you can’t afford unless its your actual job.

Researching content, writing script and editing video, the bare minimum, shouldnt take less than 2~3h for a 10 mins video.

Totally not viable for someone that already works in something else
Its being offered as an actual job.

It looks like a ****ton of work even if you know how to use the tools involved. But you do get payed and get to be minor league famous as someone else.

I'll pass.
By Pantafernando 2022-08-15 19:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
In the era of people being able to rush from Lv.1 to Lv.99 in a lunch break, I know no one really cares about individual levels all that much. But dang I never realized how much stuff Dancer gets at Lv.45.

Haste Samba, Violent Flourish, Curing Waltz III, Evasion Bonus II, Subtle Blow II, Skillchain Bonus, and Damage Limit+. All at level 45!

I ended up quickly skimming all the other jobs and I think Ninja has the second biggest power spike at level 40, giving it the tier-2 elemental wheel, Daken II, Max HP Boost II, and the Yonin and Innin stances. And all that coming just 3 levels after its single most important spell, Utsusemi Ni.

Thirdly I'd argue would be Geomancer's level 75, granting it an instant 50% boost to its support ability with Entrust, the ability to merit Handbell and Geomancy Skills, some pretty decent merit abilities, and a spell to boot.

The biggest power spike is from 98 to 99, when you can wear 119 gear.
By Thunderjet 2022-08-15 22:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, im reducing the merits i used to give to it. While the story surely is grandiose, the music and design, the system per se demands some respect to the older less known games
wait you never played vandal hearts what the *** the first one is so gooooood its story is comparable to fft i love the gore in that game!!!! Also there was a tactics ogre remaster trailer. I will do sortie and than play this for hours!! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1451090/Tactics_Ogre_Reborn/. My cousin gave me a gba tactixs ogre i was like braah they copying fftactics!! But its so good ? And this is where the runefencer job is form
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-16 02:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... at that time (mid-90s) information used to circulate through magazines.

And that even makes pure chance one magazine to reach a country like mine, or even a rural area like the one I used to live when young.

Eevn FFT was pure chance as i did some sort of exchange, i think i exchanged a N64 cartdridge (maybe Zelda) for like 5 or 7 random PSX cds, one of them that happen to be FFT.

Unless some game was very mainstream, it wouldnt be possible for me to even know it existed back in 90s.

Not to mention my father was very strict with me playing videogames, that silly prejudice some parents have with their kids, that complain with anything that it feels like entertain. No wonder I was always more fond to my mother than my father.

Well, this was a long road i guess.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-16 06:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, this Vandalier Ash (Vandal Hearts) is kinda broken….

Funny when devs decide to go overboard to empower the final form of the main character. Insane strength, insane defense, access to all spells, infinite castings, fully heal all map, extreme dmg spell in all map
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-08-16 14:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Eevn FFT was pure chance as i did some sort of exchange, i think i exchanged a N64 cartdridge (maybe Zelda) for like 5 or 7 random PSX cds, one of them that happen to be FFT.

I have invested so much time in FF games that I wonder how things would have been different if I never stumbled upon them when I did.

I was a major cartridge game fanboy as a kid and couldn't fathom how anyone would like Playstation over Nintendo. But then I met a friend at school who eventually invited me over to his house to play this "Final Fantasy VII" game he kept talking about. We sat in the dark attic of his house on a couch in front of a large TV with surround sound and he booted up the game.

The cartridge game fanboy in me died that day.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-16 14:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny how things work out. Only played my first RPG by random chance. Went to buy a game at gamestop (used to be funkoland) and they were out. Guy was like give this a shot. Just got it in, last copy we have. Super Mario RPG.

Who knows if I ever would've picked up Chrono Trigger, bof, ff if not for that random sales guy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-16 14:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The first time I ever laid eyes on an RPG was Chrono Trigger at a friend's house. Even as a kid I had this weird fascination with optimization and resource management, because it wasn't the gameplay or the music that won me over, it was the spreadsheet's worth of stats like HP and MP and the "characters taking turns".

And here I am 27 years later, having neither bought nor played that very game which infatuated me with the RPG genre >_>;
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-16 14:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I often wonder what my life would have been like if I'd never picked up FFXI, though. I ended up barely passing school because my every minute was engrossed in that game. Would I have done better in school? Become an ophthalmologist like I was aiming for?

And then I think... nah, my personality is too easily addicted to things, and I probably would have done the same thing with WoW if not for XI.

And then I think... maybe not? No matter how much I tried, I really couldn't get into that MMORPG formula in any game. It's not "because I played XI first", it's "because I just don't like those games". So really, maybe I would have become an ophthalmologist after all <_<;
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-16 20:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to see Dragon Ball in the theaters... am I super nerd status yet?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-16 20:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i say do what makes you happy. so, no offense meant here. you are very much already a super nerd. seeing dragonball in theaters has nothing on the action figure collection. enjoy your thing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-16 20:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I have invested so much time in FF games that I wonder how things would have been different if I never stumbled upon them when I did.

went to see 'titanic' with my parents at the theater. saw an ad for ffvii during the previews. my mom asked if i would wanna play that and of course i was like, "oooohhhh yeah". granted i had never played a game like it. just beat em-ups, sports games, platformers etc.

about a month later my mom saw an ad for 'final fantasy' on sell at circuit city. only 19.99! she took me to get it and it turned out to be fft. oddly enough the price was a misprint and we got a 49.99 game for 19.99. i had never played anything like it. it was so damn difficult at first. i slowly fell in love with this idea of exploring the world. obviously i had to play vii. i thought it was gonna be the same style as tactics. i was very surprised how different it was, but i loved it. still my favorite game ever.

that led to a destructive addiction and obviously ruined my life.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-08-17 00:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The only downside to my initial FFVII experience was that my friend spoiled a certain major character death while we were watching THE OPENING CUTSCENE OF THE GAME.
By Pantafernando 2022-08-17 02:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No spoilers, thanks
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-17 04:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The only downside to my initial FFVII experience was that my friend spoiled a certain major character death while we were watching THE OPENING CUTSCENE OF THE GAME.

yeah... wedges death being spoiled would be pretty rough.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-17 07:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I'm going to see Dragon Ball in the theaters... am I super nerd status yet?
I went with friends to see a DBZ movie 9 years ago. My memory is fuzzy except that the theatre was full of people wearing orange muscle shirts, and when the intro song came on everyone belted along with "Cha-La Head-Cha-La~" and then mumbled everything else XD

It definitely was super nerdy, but I couldn't help but feel the hype even if I hadn't watched DBZ since I was like 12 years old.
By Pantafernando 2022-08-17 08:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally i think its more nerdy the kids that walk in the street with Naruto’s Akatsuki coat or the Leaf Village Ninja bandana.

I used to think it was kinda geek going to those anime events, but normally when i used to go there, there was so many people that that feeling just fade.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-17 08:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to think it was kinda geek going to those anime events, but normally when i used to go there, there was so many people that that feeling just fade.
If you really think about it, being a "nerd" is just being a big fan of something. You can even be a nerd about sports. It just feels weird when you don't realize how many people actually share your fandom, but it'll stop feeling weird when you realize you're not alone.

The only reason sports nerds have gotten away with it for so long is because their events literally require them to be in a room with thousands of peers, so they know they aren't alone.

That's why these big anime and comic conventions are so important, and why increasingly more people have been getting into cosplay and stuff. Because sitting in your room watching Naruto, you don't see the thousands of other people watching as you would in a football stadium. But there, you can see "Oh wow, other people watch this too and like it just as much as I do!"
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-17 08:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

*mumbles to self*

"cha la, head cha la
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-17 09:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In 2022, Earth is struck by a comet, leading to a massive drought. Eleven years later a majority of the water left is kept in a reserve. Tank Girl (Lori Petty) is a member of a resistance group who steals whatever they want, by any means necessary.

Uh oh
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-17 10:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, this looks great.
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Viciouss 2022-08-17 10:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
In 2022, Earth is struck by a comet, leading to a massive drought. Eleven years later a majority of the water left is kept in a reserve. Tank Girl (Lori Petty) is a member of a resistance group who steals whatever they want, by any means necessary.

Uh oh

Good luck with the plotholes, there are going to be soooo many.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-17 11:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:

Uh oh
The joke's on the writers of Tank Girl: we didn't need a comet to cause global drought. We're already practically there, let alone by 2033 (when the story takes place).

Though technically a comet is mostly ice. Instead of the barren desert they show in the comic/movie, chances are it would just make sea levels rise and contaminate most of the freshwater to saltwater. So it'd have the same plot and post-apocalypse nature, but less looking like Mad Max.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-17 17:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The Swiss Team, Alinghi Red Bull, splashed down in Barcelona today, first entrant allowed to touch water in preparation for The Cup. Since the Swiss team didn't compete in AC36 in 2021, they are given a few weeks of "head start" due to completely different sailing style of foiling monohulls and having zero experience with the equipment. Here's a killer shot as their training boat is being lowered in that really gives a nice close-up detail of the foils!

(as always, I share not because I think y'all are massive yachting enthusiasts, but because the tech is so damn amazing)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22259 22260 22261 ... 22573 22574 22575