Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21963 21964 21965 ... 22574 22575 22576
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-29 12:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

More of us than I'd realized lol

(Context from last page: more millennials who don't like avocado toast than I'd realized)
By Josiahafk 2021-09-29 14:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I never ate avocado before moving to Cali
I still don’t.
Hate the taste of it but try to humour Mexican family if they incorporate it.

Give me a carnitas or burrs taco with onions cilantro and salsa and I’m good
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-09-29 14:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-29 14:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This is incredibly interesting, I had no idea. This dood always has neat ***.

TL:DW Literally being payed to play an MMO. I was ahead of the curve. lol.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-29 14:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That guy is a computer, he doesn't even blink once. I never understood any of that crap, so complicated. I feel like if people were going to try and make money they would do anything possible to automate it, so his idea of it being addicting doesn't seem realistic.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-29 14:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing, it's the idea.

The theory, before the reality. If you paid people for their addiction, it would multiply the addiction.

....And then the smart ones would automate it. But before that.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-09-29 15:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

there have been games befor that had a mining softwar hidden in its code. looks like the "this is not a bug scam, it's a feature" approach to me.

he doesn't seem to know how it would be implemented in the game play or if it wouldn't simply be a miner running while your playing. if it would require to do ingame work to gather crypto it will attract massive amounts of bots right from the get go and will be unintersting for players, if it's just a miner running in the background then why lose cpu and graphic card performance for that game instead of just running a dedicated miner?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-29 15:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a concept. All the pros and none of the cons.

You get to "mine crypto" but it's not "wasteful" since you're "playing a game" and not just burning electricity.

The concept is neat. The reality, far from it. Crypto is so insanely energy intensive. (what it's become, it started out ok, like all things). The IDEA, was you just leave your pc on and you help the system validate. Incredible concept. But it was perverted. People were not supposed to fill entire warehouses full of miners.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-09-29 15:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

imagine the annoyance of your fans constantly running at 100% while playing. the high energy consumption alone makes crypto uninteresting in countries with high energy prices and that price will rise with the push for green energy. then the wear on your hardware has to be considered. the game company probably also wants a cut from the crypto earnings, means that type of crypto would have to generate more value than all alternative currencies to be interesting.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-09-29 15:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
People were not supposed to fill entire warehouses full of miners.

I was going to spin this into a child trafficking joke by changing the word "miners" to "minors", but I don't want to end up on any gub'ment watch-lists.

On avocado topic... My dad makes legendary homemade guacamole. I recall us hanging out one day (within the last 5 years) and we had to make a stop at Bed Bath and Beyond because they had some amazing special guacamole dish that kept the guac super fresh in some way. The kind of magic bowl that makes you drive across town just to pick up. The only other kind of magic bowl that made me ever drive across town involved me being a stoner teenager. Then that bowl made me drive to get some munchies.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-29 15:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not mining, like that. Well, some of them do (install a mining program and max your ***out etc) but that's not the idea.

"If you're going to play this game anyway, why not earn some cash while you do." Is the idea. Like how diablo tried the real money auction house.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-09-29 15:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Like how diablo tried the real money auction house.

Diabolo crawled so FF14's vanity/glamour shop could run.

In other news, Nadleeh Sakurai, can you upload your entire anime girls holding syringes image folder, please?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-29 16:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »

Man, any time you've got a sandwich, upgrading your bread to garlic bread is a game changer.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-09-29 16:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

we can't really argue about it as long as we don't know how it would be implemented. however, even the dude in the video mentions the conflict of interest between ppl who'd view it as a business and ppl who'd view it as a game. both don't go well together as you can see with the eternal controversy between regular players and botters, RMT and what not.
on a side note, crypto currencies are trust based. i don't know of a single video game that doesn't have exploitable flaws, i'd be very careful trusting a crypto currency rooted in a video game.

Like how diablo tried the real money auction house.
last i heard diabolo backpaddled with their real money auction house, or was that wow?

i remember video game in the early 2000s, thats still running, called second life that allowed real money transactions and supposedly made its first millinair in 2006. never looked into it cause it seemed like a glorified chatroom/social hub with 3D interface to me but if you want to earn money with playing video games maybe that one is for you.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-29 16:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you couldn't exploit because the whole concept is that every pc has to agree. If one pc hacks in a trillion dollars the other nodes disagree. It's not like a regular mmo where you just say "give me cap gil" and the server goes.... ok why not.

And yeah, hence, "tried"
By Draylo 2021-09-29 17:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They actually added more XI merch, I did finally get the Shantotto in the mail, its decent.

This time a 50 dollars mouse pad but its too big for my setup :|

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/685867/final-fantasy-xi-gaming-mouse-pad

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-09-29 19:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »

Man, any time you've got a sandwich, upgrading your bread to garlic bread is a game changer.
we can't really argue about it as long as we don't know how it would be implemented.
Absolutely. Normal garlic bread is great but garlic cheese bread like above is just an overload when implemented.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-29 19:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're a ***!

No such thing as too much cheese. Grilled cheese, on garlic bread with cheese, sprinkled with grated cheese, dipped in cheese sauce! All different cheeses, of course. I'm not a monster.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-29 20:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Local restaurant Boston Pizza is usually really expensive, but it has Pasta Tuesday for like half-price pasta. Since most pasta tastes better as leftovers anyway, most people I know tend to buy like 2-3 bowls of the stuff and just keep it in the fridge. Each one is like two meals in itself anyway for like $7 CDN.

But that's not all. No, they've got a new pasta called the Hungry Carnivore, which has every type of meat they have in it. And it comes with not just garlic toast or garlic cheese toast; it comes with bacon cheese garlic toast. All of it is exactly as good as you expect :Q

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-29 20:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had a thing kinda similar to that. They called it Crack n' Cheese. Basically that. Buncha random meats mixed in the noodles and cheese.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-09-29 20:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss Boston pizza wings. they used to serve them with a tiny bowl of hot lemon water to keep fingers clean, I was in heaven

They had a tasty drink too called a hole in one with scotch and iced tea
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-29 21:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So this is highly subjective, should a person who hasn't, see the original dune (84) and(?) the Scifi series before the new one just cause?

Struggling to find something worth watching, it's not been a great movie month. (already saw shang chi, candy man and free guy)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-29 21:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So this is highly subjective, should a person who hasn't, see the original dune (84) and(?) the Scifi series before the new one just cause?

Struggling to find something worth watching, it's not been a great movie month. (already saw shang chi, candy man and free guy)
Don't bother until you've played the game

YouTube Video Placeholder

(I'm kidding, I've never watched the movie nor played the game before lol)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-29 21:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

idk who needs to see this but owl legs

I know who DIDN'T need to see it!

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 21963 21964 21965 ... 22574 22575 22576