Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » RR and Predator Claws
RR and Predator Claws
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-01-22 09:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

smn... i used Minikin monstorsity, Beyond and ultimate, my capped avatar magic attack and m.acc along with 5/5 heavenly strike put's out 4500~5000 damage.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-22 10:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx said:
And it most likely will be important if SCH gets Comet in the next update.
Someone dreams big.

Oh and you completely missed my point. I forget who stated it but someone was saying that some jobs got jipped on elemental atmas. I say no because no job that cares to use them is stuck using water for example. And besides macc is kinda lol nowadays
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Sasaraixx
By Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx 2011-01-23 12:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Someone dreams big.

A light based elemental nuke was already found in the .dat files for SCH at lv95. It is hardly a dream.

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Oh and you completely missed my point. I forget who stated it but someone was saying that some jobs got jipped on elemental atmas. I say no because no job that cares to use them is stuck using water for example. And besides macc is kinda lol nowadays

You responded to my post where I jokingly said that Levi did not luck out with atma choices. And I think you're missing my point. Whether you think MACC is lol or not (and I don't think it is for avatars on some NMs) macc, mab, mcrit etc are always going to be better for magical damage than resist poison and the like.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-23 12:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to get MM badly for my Smn (though I'd use it on my other mage jobs as well). Had a bit of bad luck last night getting it. Joined a shout where all items were free lot but had to farm KI's. Farmed all but 1 of the KI's and we had to disband (Leader and a couple other had to leave) 2 hrs later, in Port Jueno, he's sh for the same run, locking coins and Ballerinas, cause he has the KI's. This fkr is cheap thrill all the way. Idk how people can play without a conscience at all.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-23 12:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Need to get MM badly for my Smn (though I'd use it on my other mage jobs as well). Had a bit of bad luck last night getting it. Joined a shout where all items were free lot but had to farm KI's. Farmed all but 1 of the KI's and we had to disband (Leader and a couple other had to leave) 2 hrs later, in Port Jueno, he's sh for the same run, locking coins and Ballerinas, cause he has the KI's. This fkr is cheap thrill all the way. Idk how people can play without a conscience at all.

wowow lmao.. you got owned :(
 Cerberus.Zalazar
Server: Cerberus
user: Zalazar
By Cerberus.Zalazar 2011-01-24 23:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

MM Beyond and Ultimate all the way, I guarantee you will outdamage any phys smn by alot. It's not even fair, unless the mob is resistant to magic or ice specifically you should always roll with that setup. This is of course assuming max dmg in party setup, soloing you have to pick atmas to counter what you are fighting.

Once I get Frozen Fetters I'll most likely replace MM with that, seeing how all avatars get naturally refreshed now with the right gear (no magian staffs needed btw) you really have no need for it. Once I get that I'm pretty sure I'll destroy blms damage wise on account of damage will be a bit less but I'll never pull hate. If you are needed as a secondary cure this will be unviable b/c of cure IV being a mp sink
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-24 23:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Someone dreams big.
A light based elemental nuke was already found in the .dat files for SCH at lv95. It is hardly a dream.
There is alot of stuff in the dats that has been there for years that will never be implemented
 Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx
By Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx 2011-01-26 10:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Someone dreams big.
There is alot of stuff in the dats that has been there for years that will never be implemented

True. However this spell was uncovered in October along with all of the other spells SCH got this past update. (Shell V, Aero V and Adloquium). It seems likely SCH will get the spell, but it could not. It could be Ultima. It could be a new light nuke. The point was that the spell is already there and assigned a job level. It is not a big dream in the least. You missed the point.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-26 11:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you miss the fact that stuff that gets added and isn't immediately implemented usually never is. With the exception of the prep mini updates for the main big one. Iirc they added 6 more crafting ranks a couple of expansions ago...

Also where is this .dat? Don't remember seeing it when they were released last update
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-01-26 13:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zalazar said:
MM Beyond and Ultimate all the way, I guarantee you will outdamage any phys smn by alot. It's not even fair, unless the mob is resistant to magic or ice specifically you should always roll with that setup. This is of course assuming max dmg in party setup, soloing you have to pick atmas to counter what you are fighting.
I have to strongly disagree. With the right atma, physical beats magical 95% of the time. So far I've only found magic BPs to be favorable on three NMs in Abyssea:
Carabosse (Seems to have strong physical & magical damage reduction, neither does well but at least Heavenly Strike is consistent.)
Arimaspi (Flies too high for physical attacks to hit it.)
Hedjedjet (It was kicking my butt solo every time I tried to land a BP, so I switched up to Heavenly Strike which is easier to fire & forget due to the range.)

For every other mob I've fought in all of Abyssea (which is almost all of them), physical wins. The reason I feel strongly about this is because of my thorough testing.

On normal mobs, the difference isn't so obvious. Pred Claws will generally one-shot stuff but sometimes only take them to about half, whereas Heavenly Strike seems to consistently take out about 60-70%. So it becomes a question of spike damage versus consistency. Against NMs is where Pred Claws starts to shine because most NMs have at least some form of magic damage reduction while they have zero physical damage reduction. Thus your 4k strike becomes a 2k strike, while my 4k Pred Claws becomes a 3.8k Pred Claws.

Before you assume I didn't try very hard for magic damage, I didn't cheap out on it at all. I use Minikin+Beyond+Ultimate, Shareeravadi+2 (the Pet:MAB staff), Eidolon Pendant, 5/5 Heavenly Strike, etc. Not only that, but there's also a SMN in my shell with fully-upgraded Lv90 Nirvana, and even he can't beat my Pred Claws with magic damage. It's kind of sad, really. Nirvana should allow him to beat me with magic damage but I think there's a cap on MAB or something because he just can't seem to push it much higher than about 2-2.5k on most NMs. Meanwhile I'm doing 4k+ to zone bosses with Pred Claws. My highest so far on a zone boss was 7k on Glavoid. Highest Pred Claws overall was a 12041. And before you say that's just spike damage, it's not. That's the beauty of capping crit rate with RR+GH, Pred Claws damage stabilizes at the 3-5k territory assuming your avatar has capped accuracy (not hard).
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx
By Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx 2011-01-27 18:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I think you miss the fact that stuff that gets added and isn't immediately implemented usually never is. With the exception of the prep mini updates for the main big one. Iirc they added 6 more crafting ranks a couple of expansions ago...

Also where is this .dat? Don't remember seeing it when they were released last update

I'm trying to remain civil but you make it difficult when you don't actually read what I write! I already said that the spell is coded for SCH at lv95. Obviously the spell cannot be added now because we have not reached that level cap yet. And whether it is added or not is entirely beyond the point. This whole conversation started because you implied that it was some far fetched idea. The fact that a spell is in the .dats for SCH already says otherwise.

Go to the SCH forum on ZAM.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-27 18:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You say I'm not reading and yet you aren't either. Which is ironic in the extreme. Just how many spells have you seen coded in an update to be added later? Oh that's right it's never happened before. And you keep saying it's in the dats... link where?
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-27 18:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You say I'm not reading and yet you aren't either. Which is ironic in the extreme. Just how many spells have you seen coded in an update to be added later? Oh that's right it's never happened before. And you keep saying it's in the dats... link where?
 Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx
By Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx 2011-01-27 18:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree with Perg, I think it worth mentioning that for some NM's Predator Claws only beats Heavenly Strike when it crits. Sometimes you can get a bit unlucky. I've had times when soloing where even with RR and GH, Garuda would go patches without a crit. Had I used Heavenly Strike, I would have killed faster. And not all NM's have that strong a magical reduction trait. Mobs like Melo Melo do not reduce magic at all or by very little.

So while I do agree that physical damage will generally do more damage than magical pacts, I don't necessarily think it happens 95% of the time.

And is there actually a cap that we can reach for crit rate on avatars? I know for players it is something very high like 95%.

Perg, how long did it take you to solo Hedjedjet?
By Serj 2011-01-27 19:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Aspir II was I believe, actually. So you're wrong there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-27 19:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Aspir II was added during the first lvl cap update... in which drk got it. It also only said drk on it at the time it didn't get blm added to it till an update later when they gave it to blm too
[+]
By Serj 2011-01-27 19:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Aspir II was added during the first lvl cap update... in which drk got it. It also only said drk on it at the time it didn't get blm added to it till an update later when they gave it to blm too

Quote:
Fenrir.ScraggScore: 0
This item is one of many that exist in the .DAT files that SE has not implemented into the game... yet
2007-05-18 10:38:27

[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-27 19:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva you seem to have caused much rage and butthurt inside someone and they're camping your forum posts and rating you down lol

Asura.Pergatory said:
Cerberus.Zalazar said:
I have to strongly disagree. With the right atma, physical beats magical 95% of the time. So far I've only found magic BPs to be favorable on three NMs in Abyssea:
Carabosse (Seems to have strong physical & magical damage reduction, neither does well but at least Heavenly Strike is consistent.)
Arimaspi (Flies too high for physical attacks to hit it.)
Hedjedjet (It was kicking my butt solo every time I tried to land a BP, so I switched up to Heavenly Strike which is easier to fire & forget due to the range.)

For every other mob I've fought in all of Abyssea (which is almost all of them), physical wins. The reason I feel strongly about this is because of my thorough testing.

On normal mobs, the difference isn't so obvious. Pred Claws will generally one-shot stuff but sometimes only take them to about half, whereas Heavenly Strike seems to consistently take out about 60-70%. So it becomes a question of spike damage versus consistency. Against NMs is where Pred Claws starts to shine because most NMs have at least some form of magic damage reduction while they have zero physical damage reduction. Thus your 4k strike becomes a 2k strike, while my 4k Pred Claws becomes a 3.8k Pred Claws.

Before you assume I didn't try very hard for magic damage, I didn't cheap out on it at all. I use Minikin+Beyond+Ultimate, Shareeravadi+2 (the Pet:MAB staff), Eidolon Pendant, 5/5 Heavenly Strike, etc. Not only that, but there's also a SMN in my shell with fully-upgraded Lv90 Nirvana, and even he can't beat my Pred Claws with magic damage. It's kind of sad, really. Nirvana should allow him to beat me with magic damage but I think there's a cap on MAB or something because he just can't seem to push it much higher than about 2-2.5k on most NMs. Meanwhile I'm doing 4k+ to zone bosses with Pred Claws. My highest so far on a zone boss was 7k on Glavoid. Highest Pred Claws overall was a 12041. And before you say that's just spike damage, it's not. That's the beauty of capping crit rate with RR+GH, Pred Claws damage stabilizes at the 3-5k territory assuming your avatar has capped accuracy (not hard).

Physical BPs with capped accuracy have always been capable of beating magic BPs, So it's easy to believe it holds true with the right atmas for physical in abyssea too. Hoping to get RR soon so I can see for myself D:

But in terms of soloing things, even back at 75 cap Merit BPs make kiting so much easier, as they can execute from a distance, it allows you to solo things that would kill you if you had to stop to allow an avatar to get within physical BP range.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx
By Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx 2011-01-27 20:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

This is your last chance. You have worn out my patience. Examples? How about Shell V, Aero V, Break and Adloquium? They were all uncovered in the dats for SCH in October and implemented in the last update, when the level cap was raised.

And you are ignoring the whole point of all my posts, which is that your initial statement was incorrect. I assume you are doing so because you know that you have no response.

Since you are too lazy to look for yourself,
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fjob=20&mid=128631513725778681&page=1
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-27 20:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is your last chance. You have worn out my patience.

Shits about to get real.
 Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx
By Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx 2011-01-27 20:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
This is your last chance. You have worn out my patience.

Shits about to get real.

Not really. I just had a really good smoothie. I'm already over it. I'll just ignore him lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 00:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
This is your last chance. You have worn out my patience. Examples? How about Shell V, Aero V, Break and Adloquium?

They were all uncovered in the dats for SCH in October and implemented in the last update, when the level cap was raised. And you are ignoring the whole point of all my posts, which is that your initial statement was incorrect.

I assume you are doing so because you know that you have no response. Since you are too lazy to look for yourself, http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fjob=20&mid=128631513725778681&page=1
Bad example is bad. 3/4 those were already ig. Not really a list of dats just some guy saying some spells but whatever. And what's with it listing things as "black magic" there is no such thing. Looks like half the people in that thread think it's something else too :).

Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Quote:
Fenrir.ScraggScore: 0 This item is one of many that exist in the .DAT files that SE has not implemented into the game... yet 2007-05-18 10:38:27
I guess the way I said it left room open to interpretation. That wasn't coded to be added later. It was coded in for whatever reason SE put ***it in randomly over the years. Then years later SE was like hmmm lets raise the lvl cap. Also said scroll had no jobs/lvls on it iirc
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-28 01:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

with Beyond/Ultimate/Minikin a Heavenly Strike can and will consistantly break 3.5k~5k (I think i have a SS of a ~5,500+ one, and a 9k+ one from Set-bonus(I think 9k =.=a)) on any mob that doesn't innately have a strong magical resistance (At which point Physical BP's obv better)

Predator claws CLEARLY has its place and uses, but for general purposes... I think people under-estimate Magical BP's far to much, especially in Abyssea.

Just gotta know how to gear for it, Just like Physical BP's have their unique gearsets, so do Magical BPs.

Again, Physical BP's are nice,and have great potential, but on mobs NMs that aren't just ***-blocks to magic, Heavenly Strike will win.

Know which NMs your fighting, and change atmas accordingly, they're only ~300Cruor for all 3 and theres confluxes everywhere, not like time is scarce in Abyssea :|
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 01:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think part of reason people under-estimate magical is because they don't realize that magical gets a bigger boost from abyssea buffs than physical... not to mention the amount of pet MAB gear to come out recently
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-28 01:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I think part of reason people under-estimate magical is because they don't realize that magical gets a bigger boost from abyssea buffs than physical... not to mention the amount of pet MAB gear to come out recently

I think its just the mass band-wagon SMNs who leveled the job back in the day where Predator claws was the -only- BP to use, and now they can't really seem to break the habit and look for any excuse they can find to continue to use it.

Its a great Bloodpact, and as i said in the first post it has its uses, But its obsolete on mobs that don't have some insane magical resistance
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-28 01:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, BTW, here it is

Brought to you by Asura.Sanity, its a Set bonus proccing during Heavenly Strike.

Crap mob, Yes, but it was closer to 10,000, not 9,000 :o
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 02:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wut 9000!?!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx
By Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx 2011-01-28 03:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Bad example is bad. 3/4 those were already ig. Not really a list of dats just some guy saying some spells but whatever. And what's with it listing things as "black magic" there is no such thing. Looks like half the people in that thread think it's something else too :).

Translation into normal speak, "Yes, I was wrong." Those spells were not in for SCH. That was the whole point. Somehow you miraculously fail to see the obvious again. And I assume you missed the very first line of the thread that says, "Looking into the newly discovered spell dats." And given that the spell level for SCH was right for each of those spells, I think you need to accept fact. And when SCH receives Thunder V at 99, a spell that no job currently has access to, what will you say then?

And btw, even if 3/4 of those examples were bad (which they aren't), you still just proved yourself wrong because according to your post such a thing "never" happened.

And as kegsay said in that thread, it's likely SE changed the spell from black to white magic to allow it to work with Perpetuance. Things change all the time before implementation. But if you think it was intended to be another self cast, water based spell at the same level, then you can go on being delusional.

Stop grasping at straws. You were wrong. Deal with it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 04:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

... thunder V wasn't in even in that list. So what does that have to do with anything?

Also again no link to said dats. I seem to remember plenty of threads wondering about that 4th spell when SE announced it and then the prep updates not months before.

Also something interesting the last update before that guy supposedly found that was a good month earlier... and having a really hard time finding anything about it on BG or the normal big dat miners. Oddly enough I did find another link to alot of spells supposedly found by them gathered together on zam as well...

Also a random spell with hardly any info on it really other than element and can only be used on enemies does not a comet make
 Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx
By Gilgamesh.Sasaraixx 2011-01-28 06:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
... thunder V wasn't in even in that list. So what does that have to do with anything?

Also again no link to said dats. I seem to remember plenty of threads wondering about that 4th spell when SE announced it and then the prep updates not months before.

Also something interesting the last update before that guy supposedly found that was a good month earlier... and having a really hard time finding anything about it on BG or the normal big dat miners. Oddly enough I did find another link to alot of spells supposedly found by them gathered together on zam as well...

Also a random spell with hardly any info on it really other than element and can only be used on enemies does not a comet make

You really fail at reading comprehension.

1. Yes. Thunder V is on that list. Look at it again.
2. I linked you to the thread discussing the .dats. If you want to be so obtuse as to not believe the information discussed, despite the fact that every spell on that list has been confirmed with the current level cap, then so be it.
3. I don't care if you can't find it elsewhere.
4. Can you not read??? I already said that the spell might not be Comet. It could be Ultima. It could be a new light nuke. We don't know! The whole FREAKING point was that there are plans for SCH to get a light nuke at lv95. Knowing that and knowing BLM is getting Meteor, guesses that SCH might receive Comet are not far fetched. That was the whole point of this entire discussion! You keep avoiding that because you know you are wrong. Every time I shoot you down, you ignore it. You bring up pointless pieces of information because you have nothing worthwhile to say.

Do yourself a favor and don't reply. You just keep spewing drivel. And as entertaining as watching you make absolutely no sense post after was, I can only converse with a wall for so long.
[+]