Is Campaign Dead?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » Is Campaign dead?
Is Campaign dead?
First Page 2 3
 Sylph.Octaviane
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: gillmaree
By Sylph.Octaviane 2010-12-31 10:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone noticed that the player Presidente with bazaar up who has stood next to the Campaign Arbiter in South Sandy (S)ever since Campaign began is now standing next to Conrad, op NPC in Bastok Mines? Most every area now is under Beastman control. Come on all you level 90 products of Abyssea, get in there!
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-31 10:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been wondering about this too... I know SE made mobs and npcs stronger with last update but don't know if thats just hp wise or all around. If it's all around it makes me sad because there goes another way to gain exp 60-75 thats not key *** : (
[+]
 Sylph.Conchita
user: Conchita
By Sylph.Conchita 2010-12-31 10:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Octaviane said:
Has anyone noticed that the player Presidente with bazaar up who has stood next to the Campaign Arbiter in South Sandy (S)ever since Campaign began is now standing next to Conrad, op NPC in Bastok Mines? Most every area now is under Beastman control. Come on all you level 90 products of Abyssea, get in there!

I saw him next to Campaign Arbiter only a few days ago! D: I haven't done campaign in forever... I hate getting medals to just lose it. I've already lost my current one, so I never received a new one or I'd lose that too.
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-31 10:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
I've been wondering about this too... I know SE made mobs and npcs stronger with last update but don't know if thats just hp wise or all around. If it's all around it makes me sad because there goes another way to gain exp 60-75 thats not key *** : (

It's all around. They also hit harder and more often, fighting there @75 before updates is about the same as @90 now, at least from what I have experienced.
 Cerberus.Leeey
Server: Cerberus
user: Leey
By Cerberus.Leeey 2010-12-31 10:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

im glad i have Noct helm and body so i dont have to care
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-12-31 10:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign may not be "dead", but it's on life-support.
[+]
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-12-31 10:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The losing ur medal is what made me stop, all that work just to keep doing it over and over.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-31 11:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No it's dead its been dead since Abyssea came out.

There is very very little reason to still do campaign...right now I can't thing of any reason to do it. It's a giant waste of time.

As soon as they bring back my skillups in campaign then I will do it.. until then I have to many others things to do with my time that will get me far better rewards.

SideNote: Or they need to make it way way quick xp to draw ppl back into doing campaign..well and update rewards.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-12-31 11:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell they should just unlock the stronghold BCNMs (Splitting Heirs, Fiat Lux etc) to everyone and just make them cost an op credit.

Sure it might piss a few people off who "worked hard" for their nocturnus stuff but hell we won't own those areas ever again at this rate and some of that gear is still desirable.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-31 11:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

them adjusting the levels of the mobs was stupid, a few players who still wanted to do them could have taken over areas instead of relying on the population of the server to do it, which isn't going to ever happen again unless things dramatically change for it, hopefully it wasn't just their short vision to do it and they have plans to revive it in the future

/end crazy talk
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-12-31 11:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

it would be real easy to revive campaign but just dont know if SE will ever think along those terms. Just add skill ups to campaign on a tiered level range just outside town be 75 skill cap the mid range zones 85ish cap then zones like bea and xarcarb and strong holds be max level cap for skills. Also remove weakness and add a auto RR when under campaign status. Half the issue is peeps cant go there and then get raised when they do die now. Prob also a level range for mobs per zone to and better rewards help alot.. oh also towns Be max skill cap and u get stat bonuses for fighting in town or maybe even in beast controlled areas since you'd assume people would fight more fiercely to protect home and to regain control of lands. Though in town and bst controlled zones campaigns would be more often or be larger number of foes for same reason
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-31 11:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SE probably made Twilight gear because no one was doing campaign. >.>
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-12-31 11:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-31 11:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
it would be real easy to revive campaign but just dont know if SE will ever think along those terms. Just add skill ups to campaign on a tiered level range just outside town be 75 skill cap the mid range zones 85ish cap then zones like bea and xarcarb and strong holds be max level cap for skills. Also remove weakness and add a auto RR when under campaign status. Half the issue is peeps cant go there and then get raised when they do die now. Prob also a level range for mobs per zone to and better rewards help alot.. oh also towns Be max skill cap and u get stat bonuses for fighting in town or maybe even in beast controlled areas since you'd assume people would fight more fiercely to protect home and to regain control of lands. Though in town and bst controlled zones campaigns would be more often or be larger number of foes for same reason

adding better rewards and adjusting the rate to obtain areas and keep them and obtain medals and keep them would be more than enough (imo)

along with the perma reraise idea, that's a good one
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-31 11:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
campin
Whoosh.
[slight derail]Besides Hermes Sandals and BB items, there aren't any worthwhile HNM drops.[/derail]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-12-31 11:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

adding better rewards and adjusting the rate to obtain areas and keep them and obtain medals and keep them would be more than enough (imo)

along with the perma reraise idea, that's a good one

ahh but with my idea to people wouldnt all stay to same zones since zone s controlled would constantly be shifting.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-31 11:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Give me my Atma's and I will do Campaing again..

Atma of the Apoc would come in wicked handy for a campaign battle.

If only SE would listen to user input more...
Auto RR = win
Skillups = win
New rewards = win
No more *** block on loosing medals.
Unlock the fun BCNM battles. Fiat Lux/Spliting Heirs etc.

DO IT SE!
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-12-31 11:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Give me my Atma's and I will do Campaing again..

Atma of the Apoc would come in wicked handy for a campaign battle.

If only SE would listen to user input more...
Auto RR = win
Skillups = win
New rewards = win
No more *** block on loosing medals.
Unlock the fun BCNM battles. Fiat Lux/Spliting Heirs etc.

DO IT SE!

funny thing Se keeps saying how they listen to player base, id like know where this player base they listen to is...
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-31 12:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Give me my Atma's and I will do Campaing again.. Atma of the Apoc would come in wicked handy for a campaign battle. If only SE would listen to user input more... Auto RR = win Skillups = win New rewards = win No more *** block on loosing medals. Unlock the fun BCNM battles. Fiat Lux/Spliting Heirs etc. DO IT SE!
funny thing Se keeps saying how they listen to player base, id like know where this player base they listen to is...
I know right?

SE is still on my nice list for the wonders of Abyssea...sure that means alot of older content got shat on but I didnt do much of that stuff anyway.

<3's me some Abyssea.
 Sylph.Regenesis
user: Regenesis
By Sylph.Regenesis 2010-12-31 12:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They did change the fact you would lose medals, it is just based on how many missions you have done for WotG. I'm not sure if you lose all the progress you made for that medal and have to start over but it is better than losing the medal completely.

Taken from the list of changes of the last update:

When receiving an evaluation, players who have progressed beyond a certain point in the Wings of the Goddess nation quest series corresponding to their affiliated army will be guaranteed a minimum rank (see chart) below which they will not be demoted regardless of battle performance.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-31 12:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Regenesis said:
They did change the fact you would lose medals, it is just based on how many missions you have done for WotG. I'm not sure if you lose all the progress you made for that medal and have to start over but it is better than losing the medal completely. Taken from the list of changes of the last update: When receiving an evaluation, players who have progressed beyond a certain point in the Wings of the Goddess nation quest series corresponding to their affiliated army will be guaranteed a minimum rank (see chart) below which they will not be demoted regardless of battle performance.
I'm on Cait Sith so this doesn't apply to me..I still get cockblocked.

I've been the highest tiered medal more than once, and then I stopped caring.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-31 12:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Sylph.Regenesis said:
They did change the fact you would lose medals, it is just based on how many missions you have done for WotG. I'm not sure if you lose all the progress you made for that medal and have to start over but it is better than losing the medal completely. Taken from the list of changes of the last update: When receiving an evaluation, players who have progressed beyond a certain point in the Wings of the Goddess nation quest series corresponding to their affiliated army will be guaranteed a minimum rank (see chart) below which they will not be demoted regardless of battle performance.
I'm on Cait Sith so this doesn't apply to me..I still get cockblocked.

I've been the highest tiered medal more than once, and then I stopped caring.

Not sure what you want exactly. They introduced a way for players to not have to keep losing medals. You just have to earn it.

Would you like moogles to give out free AF3+2 gear every day as well?
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-31 13:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Sylph.Regenesis said:
I'm on Cait Sith so this doesn't apply to me..I still get cockblocked. I've been the highest tiered medal more than once, and then I stopped caring.
Not sure what you want exactly. They introduced a way for players to not have to keep losing medals. You just have to earn it. Would you like moogles to give out free AF3+2 gear every day as well?
Well sure if you're offering.

Working on missions in order to keep ranks makes sense and I didnt complain about it at all. I put forth the effort mulitiple times to get to the top rank..the reason why I don't have it now is because I stopped caring. Which is exactly what I said. I have no problem working for gear that I get..I do have a problem working for basically nothing over and over again.
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-12-31 13:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

add the usage of atma + skill ups, i might give it another chance
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-31 13:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said:
add the usage of atma + skill ups, i might give it another chance
[+]
 Cerberus.Nutt
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-12-31 14:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Campaign isn't dead. It's where some Non-Abby people go to level. I also go if I die somewhere and need to get xp back really fast (without spending abby time).

It's a great change of scenery from Abbyville. Plus, Yags are mean as hell. They are def no pushovers.

Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-31 16:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nutt said:
No, Campaign isn't dead. It's where some Non-Abby people go to level. I also go if I die somewhere and need to get xp back really fast (without spending abby time). It's a great change of scenery from Abbyville. Plus, Yags are mean as hell. They are def no pushovers.
You still lvl in Campaign? Why? Campaign is very dead and has been for months and months.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [133 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Goldengreg
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Goldengreg 2011-05-13 07:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign isn't interesting anymore because mobs are too hard if you fight alone, you can't get much XP, and the rewards are meh.

Losing the medal makes me cry tears of blood everytime I have to speak to the *** to delevel, then receive the Sigil.
By Artemicion 2011-05-13 07:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice if we were able to "lock" our positions. I understand the premise behind rewards being based on effort, but to demote on the basis of what others don't feel like doing is pretty lame.
Would be like dropping your Assault ranking for not doing Assault.
First Page 2 3