Is Campaign Dead?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » Is Campaign dead?
Is Campaign dead?
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-05-13 07:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, it's one reason I never really got into campaign. I'd have a streak where I was out there several times a week, slowly but surely getting medals, and then somehting else comes up in-game that has my interest, like Magian trials or something. Come back a week or two later and get de-ranked. It's like SE punishing players for doing something else, even in the same game.
 Shiva.Moogleking
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2011-05-13 07:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep its dead.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-05-13 07:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if more people would jump into Campaign again if they made things like Cuchulain's Belt/Cape, Roundel Earring and Nocturnus gear augment-able via Synergy.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-05-13 07:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They plan to make changes to Campaign in additional version updates, so hopefully they will revive it.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-05-13 09:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

campaign is dead, lvl monk....
[+]
 Cerberus.Halfpint
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-05-13 15:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

lost interest when I kept losing medals cause i couldn't do things in that area. Also there is nothing in those zones i want except witches sash and my chances of getting that are slim to nil so why bother.
[+]
 Diabolos.Kiddo
Server: Diabolos
user: BKiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-05-13 15:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

do the yagudo run rampant in windurst{S}?
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-05-13 15:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

As with others posting here, I lost interest in campaign before Abyssea ever came out because I kept losing medals. I'm not going to go do campaign every day or every other day or even every week. I do it when I want to. So punishing me for not doing it when I didn't want to was dumb and made the game feel more like a job than a game.

I realize they don't take medals away anymore, but I just can't seem to get back into that aspect of the game. Once I lose interest in something, it can be difficult to get back interested in it.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-05-13 15:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

SE either needs to get rid of wait time between medals or eliminate de-ranking of medals. The amount of work going from one medal to the next increases by a lot.

Also maybe introduce some new items so more people can participate. It sucks when you you kill 10 mobs solo then someone joins your union and outlots you on everything. At least provide a personal chest.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-13 15:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said:
SE either needs to get rid of wait time between medals or eliminate de-ranking of medals. The amount of work going from one medal to the next increases by a lot.

Also maybe introduce some new items so more people can participate. It sucks when you you kill 10 mobs solo then someone joins your union and outlots you on everything. At least provide a personal chest.
i thought they already did this to medial losses.. that if you are at a certain point in mission progression, that you wont lose medals based on that.

The only way they would be able to make campaign worth while again is to, increase xp gain, give skillups back to campaign, and introduce new equipment
[+]
By Sugarcat 2011-05-13 15:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you guys did not know if you are at a certain point in wings of the goddess story line you don't loose your medal anymore. The timer still applies if you try to get higher tho.
By Artemicion 2011-05-13 15:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sugarcat said:
If you guys did not know if you are at a certain point in wings of the goddess story line you don't loose your medal anymore. The timer still applies if you try to get higher tho.

Oh neat. Did not know that.
Better get to it then!
 Shiva.Cybermario
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Cybermario 2011-05-31 10:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Octaviane said:
Come on all you level 90 products of Abyssea, get in there!
You are asking to much from ignorant leechers that have lots of lvl 90 but not even a Kazham Airship Pass, you think they know what is Campaign? believe me i know many that dont.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-05-31 10:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cybermario said:
Sylph.Octaviane said:
Come on all you level 90 products of Abyssea, get in there!
You are asking to much from ignorant leechers that have lots of lvl 90 but not even a Kazham Airship Pass or even a subjob, you think they know what is Campaign? believe me i know many that dont.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-31 10:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

When campaign is good enough to draw me back into doing it..I will do it.

Why spend hours a day doing something that isn't fun and doesn't have good rewards?

BTW crazy good job to anyone on Bahamut that went out and kicked *** in campaign areas to unlock Roundel Ops BCNM.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-05-31 12:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
When campaign is good enough to draw me back into doing it..I will do it.

Why spend hours a day doing something that isn't fun and doesn't have good rewards?

BTW crazy good job to anyone on Bahamut that went out and kicked *** in campaign areas to unlock Roundel Ops BCNM.
Charlot, and probably some others...

but seriously campaign is pretty much dead, there's no point in it for most people
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-31 12:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Goldengreg said:
Campaign isn't interesting anymore because mobs are too hard if you fight alone, you can't get much XP, and the rewards are meh.

Losing the medal makes me cry tears of blood everytime I have to speak to the *** to delevel, then receive the Sigil.

You don't lose medals anymore. Campaign was a lot of fun before it became overcrowded, then it was FRUSTRATING especially when people brought ***50 years away to solo. Now its dead and empty but it's still fun, I just also hate how the mobs leaves so quick or only one wave.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-05-31 13:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I always loved Campaign. I was just thinking about doing some too :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Chihgo
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chihgo 2011-05-31 13:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I always loved and still love Campaign. It's a nice way to find new nice people, slashing together some Yagudos, Orcs or however and no chance that someone say "You are noobish" or anything.

It's just sad that Abyssea took people's interest on Campaign and made it dead :(. People just leech their 90's without any knowledge about other stuff like said for example: Kazham pass.

Well, I still play it, save a lot of Allied Notes and guess I will still playing till I'm 99 as well. It's just like Besieged, a part of the game I liked and will never kill my attendance.

Just sad that people follow the masses and don't say "Nah, I don't wanna play Abyssea today, I want do a Campaign day today" or something else.

Cheers!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenchion
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenchion 2011-05-31 13:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chihgo said:
I always loved and still love Campaign. It's a nice way to find new nice people, slashing together some Yagudos, Orcs or however and no chance that someone say "You are noobish" or anything.

It's just sad that Abyssea took people's interest on Campaign and made it dead :(. People just leech their 90's without any knowledge about other stuff like said for example: Kazham pass.

Well, I still play it, save a lot of Allied Notes and guess I will still playing till I'm 99 as well. It's just like Besieged, a part of the game I liked and will never kill my attendance.

Just sad that people follow the masses and don't say "Nah, I don't wanna play Abyssea today, I want do a Campaign day today" or something else.

Cheers!
O hey chihgo, I saw u yesterday killin in the dunes! lol. Yeah I agree w/ ya.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-05-31 13:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh I've always loved campaign, and still hit it now and again. Early mornings are packed on bismark but die round 10am pst :/ just literally soloed meph. mountains battle for about 7k limit points. Only other person to show home pointed after dieng really quick (a pink gear thf) so yea wish more people did it, tho not as much as the 2weeks pre lvl80 cap, too many people did it yas be lucky to get a few hits in before it ended lol. It has picked up alot tho city's are getting regions back unlike a few weeks ago when all ya saw wAs purple dots. <,>
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-05-31 13:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish they'd do something about Campaign Ops. The basic idea, aside from a daily exp/note reward, was that players could affect the flow of battle indirectly (morale, troop strength, etc.). To me, this is awesome.

The problem is that these changes were very much unnoticeable. On top of virtually no reward, the individual had almost no impact on how future battles would play out. It's "realistic" in a way, but considering there's only 2-3 people who do campaign battles in general, this needs to change.

I love the idea of NPC-charged battles and a sense of mixed mutual competition/cooperation, pretty much the feeling they tried aiming for since the beginning with Conquest. The base idea is great, but there's almost no incentive to fight anymore. What the folks over on Bahamut did was awesome, so I'd love to see a reason for people to do more stuff like that.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-05-31 14:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Used to hit battles all the time. But, at the time, monks couldn't get invites, and you actually died in dynamis.
 Ragnarok.Yohanxz
Server: Ragnarok
user: Yohan2015
By Ragnarok.Yohanxz 2011-05-31 14:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I love campaign battle... Abyssea killed low level parties and created lvl 90 noobs. What's good about campaign battle now is most battle fields are empty now at least on my server.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-05-31 14:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How far into the storyline before you stop deranking?
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-05-31 14:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They should increase exp gain from Campaign, give better rewards, give some nice level 90+ gear for doing it, and also the most important one, let us be able to SKILL UP!

I would love to be able to go to Campaign and skillup while soloing stuff and getting nice experience while i do it, its just not easy doing it in abyssea seen as mobs die in 3 seconds.
[+]
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-05-31 14:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd campaign, but the big problem is if you die, you're dead. No one else shows up, let alone one that is a mage that can get your *** up. You aren't even getting XP anymore because you have to constantly home point, making it a complete waste of time and totally pointless.

I want skill ups back too... ; ;
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-05-31 14:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that dying in Campaign was any different to how it is now, only difference is instead of dying/not getting a raise was because any whm was too busy meleeing to care, now you get nothing because your forerveralone.jpg.
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-05-31 14:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They were at least there and were nice enough to raise you at the end so you still get SOMETHING. Now, you're right. "foreveralone.jpg"
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-05-31 14:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is this so called "update" for CB?

Though the gear is "obsolete now" I (and some others) would not mind playing Fiat Lux ...not that Bastokers would ever get it >_>

There where some rumors that seals & +2 stuff would drop (coins, cards, stones & so on)

And to Nevil's question if you have Medal of Altana you would need to beat all your nation's quests in order to not lose it (I.e finsh Bonds of Mythril if you are in Bastok, Face of the Future if in San d Oria, or At Journey's End if in Windurst)