PLD&The Mercury Keeps Rising - Level Cap Increased

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD&The Mercury Keeps Rising - Level Cap Increased
PLD&The Mercury Keeps Rising - Level Cap Increased
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Blazed
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Blazed 2010-12-01 06:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were hoping for an Update that would return PLDs to their previous glory, you are going to be disappointed to say the least.

While WAR gains a JA *Blood Rage* that potentially boosts the Dps of itself and the entire party, and MNKs DOT will now scale upwards dramatically *Impetus* with every consecutive succesfull hit and BLMs will now be able to Nuke even harder without as much concern for hate issues *Enmity douse*, PLDs will gets Holy Circle+1 *Sepulcher*

There is the slight chance that higher Tier NMs in the new Abyssea zones will require a solid tank and be impossible to zerg down once you've gotten your grellow or red !!'s. However, seeing as how the JA's in this update seem to be oblivious to the current situation with PLD, I wouldn't hold my breath.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-01 06:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Blazed said:
If you were hoping for an Update that would return PLDs to their previous glory, you are going to be disappointed to say the least.

While WAR gains a JA *Blood Rage* that potentially boosts the Dps of itself and the entire party, and MNKs DOT will now scale upwards dramatically *Impetus* with every consecutive succesfull hit and BLMs will now be able to Nuke even harder without as much concern for hate issues *Enmity douse*, PLDs will gets Holy Circle+1 *Sepulcher*

There is the slight chance that higher Tier NMs in the new Abyssea zones will require a solid tank and be impossible to zerg down once you've gotten your grellow or red !!'s. However, seeing as how the JA's in this update seem to be oblivious to the current situation with PLD, I wouldn't hold my breath.

PLD never really had former glory tbh. They were just more useful than they are now.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-01 06:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing you have Monk eh, Blazed?:P
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-12-01 06:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hands down, with shield mastery Red Mage is the tank job now, forget about PLD, all my time wasted with this job. Big dissapointment. Well, I was leveling Red Mage anyways, I will play with that. RDM/PLD perhaps... We shall see.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-12-01 07:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:

PLD never really had former glory tbh. They were just more useful than they are now.

i think paladins had their day in the sun

it was just a long, long time ago :(
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-12-01 07:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess the war ja would be a comfort if i planned to keep on playing
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-01 07:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing i have all the Spot-light jobs leveled.

A.K.A WAR and MNK.

Beyond that, At the very least if you're in a linkshell who absolutely refuses to use anything but PLD tanks you can sit back and be useless as a WAR or MNK takes damage from you simply through DoT as you burn all your JA's/Spell and then they proceed to tank better than you.

Its basically like getting free armor and exp, Just sit back and watch them tank and hit a flash macro every 30 seconds, act like you're doing something.

hell, Skill up your staff in the name of triggering "!!" Weaknesses.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-12-01 07:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

All i'm gonna say is i'm going to hurry up with lvling SAM before I get stuck on RDM for every event...

Thanks SE, I truely loved my PLD but here you are slowly killing it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2010-12-01 07:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
MNK/SAM/WAR/NIN/RDM/BLM all in pretty pimp end game gear (at the moment)
Can fall back on any of them for end game. Doesn't mean I like it or don't want PLD to remain at the front lines.

To make things worse, it looks like there is a shield coming out, maybe empyrean, that will most likely decimate Aegis's usefullness.

In before Titan's Shield
Defense 100
DMG Taken -40%
Enmity +50
Augments Shield Block
Reduces enmity loss when taking dmg.

Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-12-01 08:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Blazed said:
...PLDs will gets Holy Circle+1 *Sepulcher*
More like Sphincter, amirite?

Seriously though, wtf SE.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-01 08:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you play a non-mage job that isn't WAR or MNK, quit the game right now. There is no point staying.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jogiyat
user: Jogikat
By Cerberus.Jogiyat 2010-12-01 08:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Even I was surprised that WAR and MNK are getting even stronger.. like MNK/WAR is going to be godly..

Good year to be a MNK.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-01 08:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
Hands down, with shield mastery Red Mage is the tank job now, forget about PLD, all my time wasted with this job. Big dissapointment. Well, I was leveling Red Mage anyways, I will play with that. RDM/PLD perhaps... We shall see.
lolwut

Cerberus.Tidis said:
All i'm gonna say is i'm going to hurry up with lvling SAM before I get stuck on RDM for every event...

Thanks SE, I truely loved my PLD but here you are slowly killing it.
SAM sucks, level a useful job.

...much as I hate the current state of affairs I can't help but giggle as I say that.

I guess I should be happy since I'm leveling MNK and already have some gear ready for it, but... I'm really not. DNC got shafted by the new Waltz timer, giving me even less reason to play one of my favorite jobs. DPS upgrades for WAR and MNK will no doubt push my BLU even farther behind in that department and I'm sure utility will be even less important this update, rendering it nothing more than a shiny grellow procing job. Lovely. RDM can't cure for ***anymore, so it's nuking/enfeebling only... T2 enfeebles are rarely if ever necessary now, WHM is getting Addle, and I never manaburn ***. Who cares? I play RDM maybe once a week at this point.

I honestly don't know if I'll still be here after the update at this point. Maybe the upcoming announcements will hold something for me...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-01 08:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel exactly the same, Night! I was looking forward to this update when it just seems like 3 months of hopelessness in Warrior Monk Fantasy XI.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-01 09:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I feel exactly the same, Night! I was looking forward to this update when it just seems like 3 months of hopelessness in Atma Abyssea Fantasy XI.

ftfy
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-01 09:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Atma is fun because it makes me feel like I'm playing THF as it should have been :( before SE decided to just boost WAR, MNK and SAM (in the past mainly).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-01 09:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Blazed said:
BLMs will now be able to Nuke even harder without as much concern for hate issues *Enmity douse*
now plds can hold hate off of them more easily!

Indirect update ftw!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-01 09:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
If you play a non-mage job that isn't WAR or MNK, quit the game right now. There is no point staying.
Treasure hunter

Trollface.png
 Phoenix.Avelle
Server: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-12-01 09:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Blazed said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
To make things worse, it looks like there is a shield coming out, maybe empyrean, that will most likely decimate Aegis's usefullness.

If there is a new Empyrean Shield coming out I would expect there to be magian trials on the way for Aegis as well. I guess we'll see. Not like Empyrean Weapons are that difficult to make though, they are being finished at a much much higher rate than Relics ever were.
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2010-12-01 09:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jogiyat said:
Even I was surprised that WAR and MNK are getting even stronger.. like MNK/WAR is going to be godly..

Good year to be a MNK.

It's about damned time. lol

I went for years without any kind of updates, watching SAM get new thing after new thing after new thing. :/ Mind, I like SAM, but it felt so unfair to the MNKs, and the THFs. (my jobs at the time)

Kinda surprised WAR is getting so many boosts, they were beasts even back in the day. o_o
 Cerberus.Jogiyat
user: Jogikat
By Cerberus.Jogiyat 2010-12-01 09:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, can we put this in perspective a bit though. Are all of you still doing LS events for 6-8 hrs a day where any of this is relevant? I mean, every job is fine if you make it fine. No one is saying a pld can't take 2-3 friends at level 90 and go own ***. You can, and do it perfectly fine.

So yea, maybe your LS leader isn't inviting u as PLD to kill the 6 Sedna's he/she wants done in an hour. Who cares? If you love the job, play it, if it gets passed over in a 1-2 hour event, shrug it off?

[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 09:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jogiyat said:
Hey all, can we put this in perspective a bit though. Are all of you still doing LS events for 6-8 hrs a day where any of this is relevant? I mean, every job is fine if you make it fine. No one is saying a pld can't take 2-3 friends at level 90 and go own ***. You can, and do it perfectly fine.

So yea, maybe your LS leader isn't inviting u as PLD to kill the 6 Sedna's he/she wants done in an hour. Who cares? If you love the job, play it, if it gets passed over in a 1-2 hour event, shrug it off?

Well said. I still low man stuff with nins all the time. Sure they aren't the 100% absolutely optimal DD/tank job (which only really applies with the best gear and atmas), but it's not like they are *bad*. I only do stuff with 1-4 people nowadays, anyway.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-01 10:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jogiyat said:

"Fine" is a relative thing though. No, I don't attend scheduled events; we don't even have scheduled events. Somebody says hey, wanna kill x y and z and we're like yeah, let's go. We gear up, we kill ***, we stop when we run out of things to kill or people to kill ***with. If nobody's on, we do our own thing. No hassle, no drama, just a small group of friends having fun.

The problem is the difference in power between tiers has increased and is increasing again. At 75 I didn't give a ***because hey, I was making a strong contribution to the team with jobs I enjoy. And to be honest, despite what anybody else might say I did bring useful tools to the table that made runs smoother for my group. Now I'm finding that's not always the case. Utility has become obsolete in the face of brute force, barring weakness procs. Whether or not the others care I don't know, but when I fight something and feel like my job choice is holding the group back, I care. I don't like feeling like I'm leeching off the work of my friends.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-12-01 10:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand the whole point of optimal jobs but if you can do the same ***and let someone come on a job they enjoy, what's the harm?

I'm glad that my LSes allow me to come PLD to events as i'd get sick of nothing but RDM, yes you're right, you can stick a MNK there but if you're going to succeed anyway, what's the harm?

After all this is a game first and foremost, if people have fun and can get stuff done at the same time, everyone wins.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-01 10:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No Holy II?! Can't even throw PLDs a bone.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-01 10:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
No Holy II?! Can't even throw PLDs a bone.
It's coming, mid-90s.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 11:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I left my ls that did the whole 14-18 people per event thing and made my own ls where it's 2-8 people an event. I'm having a lot more fun now and people generally always come on jobs they like. We don't have any plds, but like I said in a different thread, as long as they don't suck at their job and can do somewhat ok damage, idc.

People are bitching so much about this and their jobs being *** over and stuff. Chill the *** out. If you're good at your job, you can get whatever you need done, and you'll be better than 95% of the people who play the "good" jobs regardless.

/end rant.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zagam
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jamesfk
By Quetzalcoatl.Zagam 2010-12-01 11:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Blazed said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Ahh the infamous shield with no name and stats, yes it will destroy Aegis for sure and that scythe will make apoc look like a toothpick.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 11:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zagam said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Ahh the infamous shield with no name and stats, yes it will destroy Aegis for sure and that scythe will make apoc look like a toothpick.

I'm kind of hoping that they are an alternative look to relics that you can choose as you magian them. Once you get to x-trial, the mog gives you a choice at changing the appearance (and possibly stats) of the weapon.
[+]
First Page 2 3