Forum » FFXIV » Suggestions » Controls
Controls
 Ragnarok.Amador
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-30 11:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an easier way to customize your ingame controls?

I've had so much difficulty adjusting the way I can rotate my camera etc. I really wish the controls were similiar to XI for PC, but the camera controls are horrid.

I think it's ijkl to move, then op to zoom in and out, it's just monsterous. Whatever happened to being able to move with num pad, while easily rotatiin with arrow keys?

Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-30 11:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Is there an easier way to customize your ingame controls?

I've had so much difficulty adjusting the way I can rotate my camera etc. I really wish the controls were similiar to XI for PC, but the camera controls are horrid.

I think it's ijkl to move, then op to zoom in and out, it's just monsterous. Whatever happened to being able to move with num pad, while easily rotatiin with arrow keys?

we are all in the same boat. They are retared for that. I just find playing in first person mode while running and hopping out to third while in battle saves frustration.

i miss my thumb on arrow keys for camera controls.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-09-30 13:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I swapped my Camera controls over to WASD and kept 2468 to move with, I find it much easier than IJKL, but I still want my arrow keys back ; ;
 Ragnarok.Amador
Server: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-30 15:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Heeeeeeeeeeey hitesu, that sounds like a nice idea... I'll do that. But yeah man, what the hell is this? They should just scrap the ENTIRE XIV interface and just make it like XI -_-;

I heard it's the SAME with Controller. It's so unfair. Good thing it'll suck everything suckable on PS3. Lulzduocore
 Ifrit.Sabinblitz
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Sabinblitz 2010-09-30 16:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the xbox360 controller and I have it setup almost exactly like I did on XI. Since I've been using a controller on XI for years its like second nature.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-30 17:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the same but with my PS2 controller. It's so much better than playing with keyboard.
By Tesla 2010-09-30 19:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here, I am used to using the numpad for moving and using my thumb to change the camera at the same time whenever I felt it was necessary.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-30 20:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If I could just set my camera controls to the arrow keys, I'd be 100% happy with the control scheme..