Why Can't I Get A Party ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Why can't I get a party ?
Why can't I get a party ?
 Carbuncle.Akada
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Akada
By Carbuncle.Akada 2009-01-19 09:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You know.. after reading this thread, I really feel bad for everyone on Fairy. You guys have to deal with an egotistical dumbass who thinks he's "1337" and "epikz" because he has "uber" gear.
/comfort. :(
btw Thunderblaze, thank you for the "lulz" you have provided this morning after reading this thread ^^;.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-01-19 09:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I know the OP was concerned with getting a party on BLM and not wanting to solo, however I wanted to just give my input on the subject. I partied on BLM until 37 so I could use it as a subjob for WHM back when WHM was my only job. When I decided to level BLM it was already past the no-invites stage of the game; even at ~37 it was hard to get an invite.

I decided to look at the BLM Solo guide on ffxiclopedia and soloed the entire way from 37 to 75. It was a little difficult at first and took some practice to know how to pull mobs without linking their masters. After awhile it become second nature and very easy to do. I would definitely solo to 75 again if I had to do it over.

Solo really does beat the hell out of a party setup. You can earn a constant 5k/hr give or take depending on mob, area, sanction exp bonus, chain, conserve mp whatever. Stop when you want, start when you want, take a lunch break, whatever. If nothing else and you are serious about party only you should still try soloing while you are flagged for invite. There are a lot of things you learn while solo that will help you out when you hit 75.
 Fairy.Poostaru
Server: Fairy
user: poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-01-19 11:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blackmist said:
Poostaru, Hit me up in game some time and i will see what i can do to help you level, i normaly put together good partys so yea. :] if i got free time i'll see what i can do. i mean i'm always trying to level. so why not help ppl who have a hard time as it is >=3

Will do thanks a lot Blackmist ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-01-19 14:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Going good got a few party's, working on crafting while I wait. Blue sky ahead ^^

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Kaika
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Kaika 2009-01-19 15:18:36
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

This will be my first post...

TB = fail@all

Great read
 Diabolos.Sovereign
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-01-19 15:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

/cheer Kaika! LOL

And for the record... it was no less than 3 PM's in my inbox concerning Thunderblaze, his idiocy, and his exploits on Fairy. I'm not even on that server and I already know this guy is a piece of ***, just from testimonials of Fairy players.

I feel sorry for the rest of you on Fairy... having to play with this dipshit.
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-19 16:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny thing is. Most of us ignore him. mainly new players and the JP players who can't speak english play with him, from what iv'e seen.

why eles you think he's always level syncing to lvl 56 (loltpburncolibri)
 Fairy.Poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-01-19 16:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Blackmist said:
Funny thing is. Most of us ignore him. mainly new players and the JP players who can't speak english play with him, from what iv'e seen.

why eles you think he's always level syncing to lvl 56 (loltpburncolibri)

Agree ^^
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
user: Exorcist
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-01-19 17:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos people shouldn't talk, considering you're home of the creator of FFXIApp. So you're most likely a botter.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-19 17:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderblaze said:
Diabolos people shouldn't talk, considering you're home of the creator of FFXIApp. So you're most likely a botter.

By your logic, people in Fairy are douchebags, since you are on that server.

Sorry Fairy, had to say it.

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-01-19 18:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

They are. Our server loves people who steal banks, uses linkshells to get what they want then disband, ninja lotters, they even support RMT leveling but not real BLMs. And after someone steals a bank? People flock to them. Remember Doshu? Swiftz? We Fairians do things the *** way. Now...GTFO Kujata/Diabolos/etc, not your server boards.

Edit: Also Ronthegreat who RMT'd his crap or whatever, and Cognatus, who supported their members using FFXIApp. Like their Mandau THF...who FFXIapp'd spook...lolAnnatard
 Fairy.Raikan
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-01-19 18:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How many forums have you been banned from Tb?
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-01-19 18:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

LP/Eden/TG/KI 15+ times(lost count)/BG/Gamefaqs/others I forget.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-19 18:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ever stopped to think why?

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-01-19 20:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a lie >.>, go ask on KI lol

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Kaika
user:
By Diabolos.Kaika 2009-01-19 22:11:46

TB....

/sigh

I just have that distinct feeling that your gonna die a PAINFUL GRUELING death. Not just i got hit by a car and cracked open my head in an instant.

No..

I see lots of suffering, you will most likely be taken hostage and tortured in the worst ways.

You will bask in your own demise, to only sit down and remember the only thing you were good at.. Being selfish and hateful..

But it's ok... no one will pity you or miss you. In fact after this you will just be brushed aside as the dumbass who made pointless their goal.

Congratulations, your still never gonna get laid!

Good day
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-19 22:25:55

Now now...
Let's not tell others they cannot get laid over the interwebs.
Something about that just doesn't seem right.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-01-19 22:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Id recommended soloing from freeze on. If you got the money to pimp yourself you can 1 hit pets until pet become obsolete. Thats a good 15-24k an hour even counting resist which kill you if master links. Try doing that in a pt from 50-70 consistently i dare you.
 Diabolos.Kaika
user:
By Diabolos.Kaika 2009-01-19 22:34:38

Haseyo said:
Now now...
Let's not tell others they cannot get laid over the interwebs.
Something about that just doesn't seem right.

You can get laid on the INTERWEBS!?!11/1?!

no wayz how!
 Fairy.Poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-01-19 23:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread needs to be moved to 4chan, if we are goning to bring up things of that nature

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Crayne
Server: Garuda
user: Crayne
By Garuda.Crayne 2009-01-19 23:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Thunderblaze said:

By your logic, people in Fairy are douchebags, since you are on that server.

Thunderblaze said:
They are. Our server loves people who steal banks, uses linkshells to get what they want then disband, ninja lotters, they even support RMT leveling but not real BLMs. And after someone steals a bank? People flock to them. Remember Doshu? Swiftz? We Fairians do things the *** way. Now...GTFO Kujata/Diabolos/etc, not your server boards.

Edit: Also Ronthegreat who RMT'd his crap or whatever, and Cognatus, who supported their members using FFXIApp. Like their Mandau THF...who FFXIapp'd spook...lolAnnatard

They also like to steal Kraken Clubs, amiright? Also, BLMs are neglected on 32 of 33 servers (Atomos being the remaining server), so this isn't a Fairy-only problem. We're trying to help, and your "GTFO <server>" ***certainly isn't.

Raikan said:
How many forums have you been banned from Tb?

Thunderblaze said:
LP/Eden/TG/KI 15+ times(lost count)/BG/Gamefaqs/others I forget.

Korpg said:
ever stopped to think why?

Ever think it's cuz you're a bigger troll and dumbass than 95% of the other people who posted on this thread? Aside from me and one other, everyone else at least has said something constructive other than you.

Celelove said:
Thunderblaze said:
Now...GTFO Kujata/Diabolos/etc, not your server boards.

Make us.

^Yarly, make us. I'm actually wondering where the banstick is that has your name on it, seeing as you've been banned from pretty much every other gaming forum that FFXI players might hang out on.

>>I hope to GOD you don't TP in a pt on DRG in those Kingdom Trousers. If you're so f**king awesome, why not wear Republic Subligar (Which have the same VIT+ on them iirc, lol)like every other DD who gives a ***does? Evasion+ for DRG? You're a brick like PLD, you're gonna get hit, suck it up Mr. Iplmyself. Also, lol@TP'ing in STR, Atk+ on J.Peti, Valkyrie Mask, Spike Earring, and Spiked Finger Gauntlets would server you better, dumbass. Don't you know Penta's mods are only on the first hit and the rest is all attack? I'm not even a fk'ing DRG or SAM and I know that. Cassie Earring's 50 HP=>MP while /SAM? Useless. It might be worth a jump macro, nothing more. The boots are only passable since the only other feet I find worth it are Leaping/Bounding Boots til Feral or Barone...or Homam, or Dusk, or Amir, or the shiny gold ZNM boots, for that matter. Also, {Swift Belt} {Where?}<<

Ok, now for constructive comments for the topic at hand, being a BLM75 myself. MOSTLY NQ OMGWTFGTO NOOB, right? Get out before I even start, I worked for my gear, not stealing someone else's Kraken Club to afford my gear...Also I DROPPED my Tamas Ring for a Rajas Ring. Screw you that I'm too poor to buy 2x Snow Ring right now.

From 32 to 70, solo/duo/trios tend to be the way to go for BLMs. It's not that no one wants them and that they're a waste of space like SOME people seem to think, cuz people will drool over you at 75 even in NQ gear.

Best to duo with a BRD or another BLM. BRDs are effective for bat pets it you can't one-shot them, or in case of resists. They can pull, sleep, you nuke and if it resists you, they re-sleep it. Level Sync is an alternative, but your elemental magic, enfeebling magic, and dark magic skill is likely to suffer as a result. This would also be true if you're just healing in a party, or using campaign.

The rats in Aydeewa I would suggest getting a duo partner for at least. While they are soloable without much trouble, I found them painfully slow to kill and even worse exp per hour than pets unless I had someone with me. Not only that, but it's lonely in that cave when you're LS is being quiet.

After 70, you either get more rats in undersea ruins (still better with a partner imo), or cockroaches or puddings on mount Z. Puddings are usually occupied by a soloer or two, or a small group. Sometimes you find a whole manaburn up there. I would not try to solo these at 70, and probably not til Thunder + Blizzard IV. Your other spells are too weak for damage and you'll most likely burn more MP trying to kill them solo, plus resists. It's just safer to duo,a nd more efficient.

That's my two cents.

Hmmm...

/popcorn for this thread and waits for the obligatory "GTFO Garuda."

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-01-20 01:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

GTFO FAIRY YOU DONT BELONG ON YOUR OWN FORUMS
*joking aside*
BLM is almost like PLD it seems, hard to get pts, and even when you do, its most likely A) leeching, or B) kinda crappy... But then they are needed so heavily for End game, its like "GTFO MY PT, BUT JOIN MY SKY/DYNAMIS LS SO WE CAN USE YOU!" -doesnt make sense, but at least, with some linkshells they will let you willingly leech to help you out...

Campaign is how i had to get some of my exp, but the rest i got to leech from a few melee pts :/

Keep at it though, soloing isnt as bad as it sounds, and like many have said, try to find a friend, and you can duo it. It gets more bare-able with more people, especially when those people are friends. Bring up a conversation or 2 while pting, laugh when you accidentally link the BST mob with your pet, or call your friend a lucky *** for not aggroing/linking the mob even though it SHOULD have...*grumblesaboutblind'spulling*

I wanted to level /RDM for PLD, but being a galka, I did not like my mp for main healing/debuffing, and i did not have WHM or BLM subs lvld at the time (though /BLM was 17 and i would've only needed 1 level) but I solo'd a lot, and know how boring it can be. I leveled WHM later, and duo'd pets with a MNK friend of mine and we had fun, at least to me, it was more fun then solo'ing at least.

If you really like BLM, you will try to find a compromise. Its not soloing, and your still pting on BLM, getting the exp you need to level. Hope you find out what you are going to do soon. Good Luck~
 Fairy.Filielle
user: Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-01-20 02:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading threads like this really do give me a broader outlook with it's alternative opinion and take on a job before I dedicate myself to the concerned class to my fullest. I really want to take BLM up... Just to wear Igqira Gear v.v;

I did that with BRD... Got my Sha'ir Manteel to use as a bait on a stick attached to some hat on my head to make me level towards my goal <to wear my damn sha'ir manteel>

But after the level 30+ ranges, jobs gets more personal with their abilities, magics, gear selections, et cetera that give you more of the hands on feel of it personally <I fell in love with BRD> Threads and info sharing like this really does help it up a notch

2 thumbs up ^_^dd /lazy

<<<<Now For Off Topic but Added On Thunderblaze hazing>>>>

Thunderblaze MPK'd me and Kuroganashi within a Wajaom Woodlands Level Sync Party today @ 10:07 P.M. median time for Utah w/e region-idonno-yet-v_v <1/19/09> Yesterday

------------

Celestie was shouting for a BRD <me at the time> So Kuro got us into the party, with Thunderblaze as the Inviter

I'm mostly happy with the Moreover Experience gain than loss (due to my pulling-rate) but like... Me and kuro's last battle was made when the other members: Alagrist <Tarutaru bst>, Aeye <Mithra pup>, Thunderblaze <leader: Hume mnk>, Cinder <Hume drg or sam or w/e>, Celestie <Tarutaru Outside PL and in-game proclaimed as Thunderblaze's secondary account as of now>

When I pulled, and Kuroganashi <dnc> were attacking it, everyone else was looking in awe with their pixelated heads bobbing.

I just HP'd after K.O., GM called appropriately

Went out for a cig, came back, saw Thunderblaze offline <hmmm, i wonder why>

Thank you,

[GM]Rahlk

<just taking the time to express gratitude and give credit to threads coming off such as this one; This helps the gameplay of our MMO thrive better imo.. and to have vented off the rest of that crap that happened a lil' earlier, seeing more of this ffxi terrorist's colors makes me prouder he's on my blacklist>