Rajas Vs Sattva?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Rajas Vs Sattva?
Rajas Vs Sattva?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-21 16:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
made it for Scruffs, your optimal build but Sin flamed me so I don't know if it will work
Gimp.
Hachiryu Haramaki.
Thx for the advice, because I asked for advice I will now take this advice and become a better player by taking this advice
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-21 16:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

While you are all right to be flaming Scruffs, a DEX build for WAR is very useful, if you can get a decent dDEX without sacrificing other (ie rune chopper) stats you can do some serious damage.

But calming to have a DEX build while wearing Askar body is laughable though.

edit:

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
What's bad to some people, may not be bad to others. All reasons I do what I do are legit to me.

Maths works differently in your country? interesting...
[+]
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
Server: Phoenix
user: Kindle
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-07-21 16:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Nah just turned them off. And if I was ashamed I would go out of my way to delete all posts in this thread. I'm not ashamed of how I play, but if people are going to be immature, then that's another story.

Defending gear that is bad, with reasons you pull out of your *** and have no basis in reality, all so you can be a unique snowflake... and we are the immature ones?

Are you denying that you're not immature? Verbally attacking someone for no reason is being Immature. I don't play the game the way I do to be unique. That would be a very stupid reason. What's bad to some people, may not be bad to others. All reasons I do what I do are legit to me.

Amemet Mantle NQ is the best to some players!
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-21 16:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a 117 DEX build w/ RC on WAR and it parsed amazing, but fact is pink birds aren't the target any more and WAR can get closer to that 26% (reach it w/ Uni+1 boots) so Rune Chopper is now completely outdated. fixed
By Xene 2010-07-21 16:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

More than late, but... For the OP, and only the OP (everyone else can take it to the Flame Core):

From someone who has done general testing with both rings on PLD, and has tanked since 2004 (back when VIT and Defense were the only things PLDs worried about), I would have to encourage Rajas Ring over Sattva. Why?

While VIT and Defense still play an important role for PLDs nowadays, mostly when not straight-tanking (i.e. tanking without your sword drawn), it's not considered first priority for most Paladins (most. I'm still Old School, but if it's not broken, why fix it? >meant in rhetoric< Trolls need not reply). No matter how some may try to explain the fine details of when/where, learning when what applies is best learned on-hand and for yourself. But know you can macro in better rings for Sattva now, making it basically replaceable. However, I can certainly see the appeal.

Rajas adds to the dimension of tanking everyone is so hungry for nowadays: Atonement spam or using TP for Chivalry. The Store TP will help with that beyond a doubt. The DEX and STR will benefit not only your PLD when doing /DNC or campaigning (or in the rare instance of "DD PLD"ing for merits, Nyzul, etc.), but also your SAM and DRG you mentioned. As others have said, Rajas cannot -currently- be replaced by any other ring. Some may come close, but.... Eh.

All in all, do your own testing. You CAN get one ring and toss the other, just know you will have to wait a month ringless before you can opt for the other option. If you have the patience, by all means, try them both out. If not, I personally recommend Rajas. But! I am one of those dangerous people who advocates forming your own opinion while taking others' advice into consideration (with a grain - sometimes shaker - of salt). Regardless, read what useful information everyone put forth, think about it, and good luck with whatever choice you make. All in all, have fun with it!
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-07-21 19:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Why would anyone pick Satva when there is another ring to replace it thats better..... BBQ for HP... Hercules ring for Enmity, Jelly ring for PDT the only unique property about Satva is curing because of the VIT/Enm/HP mix, other then that learn to make macros and become a better player :)

Because it gives all of the benefits in one, which cant be replicated in macros.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 19:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Siren.Enternius said:
A little late to this thread, but this is a post from last year, before I even leveled PLD (So I wasn't biased):
Siren.Enternius said:
Personally I feel that Rajas is more than twice as good as the other two combined. No matter what you're doing on a mage job, you'll never need both INT and MND. Basically it's just a Snow and Aqua ring combined. The MP and enmity- are a bonus of course, but don't make or break the job. Sattva is of course the best enmity ring, but VIT gets worthless later on and AGI gives a tiny Shield boost, but ultimately unnoticeable. Again, HP is a bonus, but not essential. Hercules Ring and Bomb Queen Ring basically do the same thing, to an extent. In remarkable contrast to the first two, EVERYTHING you do on ANY DD job (And by extension, any meleeing RDMs, or mages in general, and even PLD, to an extent) is improved by both STR and DEX. This will, of course, increase your per-hit damage and accuracy, critical hit rate, and of course, WS mods. If you left it at that, it would still be preferable to the other two, in my opinion. The thing that truly makes Rajas shine is the sTP+5, which is effectively 5% faster TP gain (Give or take). On almost any two-handed-weapon job, you will be /SAM. And in nearly every situation, /SAM leaves you at ~5-10 sTP to bump up your 7-hit build to a 6-hit build. At which point, it's not a 5% increase to TPing speed, it's a 17% increase, as removing one hit drops anywhere from 400 to 500 delay. Any SAM will tell you what a nightmare it is to not have Rajas, as you'll be forced to drop Haste gear in order to get the necessary 6-hit (Or in Polearm/Pachipachio's case, 5hit) build. At this point, Rajas improves your TPing speed at 20% and 25% respectively. I know it's an extreme and that only really goes for one, maybe two or three depending on the weapon, but that makes Rajas essentially a 25% boost to your damage. This, unlike Tamas or Sattva, WILL make or break your performance. Ultimately it's your choice, but I can't ever recommend anything but Rajas to anyone, even if they have no DD jobs past 37.

..... Wow I guess Im crappy player then. Even though my only 2 jobs past level 41 are blm and sch raja still out beats tama's as a ring acording to the quote. All this time I figured I made the right chose of the cop ring I got but almost everyone in this 7 page thead says raja's is the only ring worth using out of the 3 cop rings.... and even if I were to ask if I should change rings to raja's and everyone responded yes I wouldn't do it (thus im a crappy player).

Let me just ask this strat up front does most of the people here think that raja's Is a better ring to get then tamas for mage jobs due to the fact that macros make the tamas ring almost pointless?

If it's any consolation, you'll get more out of Tamas from SCH than any other job.

Darkwiz completley ignored his point. He was saying that tamas and sattva both have macroable replacements. Rajas has NO replacements. If you ever level a DD job they can almost all get a use of rajas and it's going to be hard to do most of them WITHOUT rajas.

Nothing is wrong with tamas if your only a mage, or sattva if you are a pld only, it's just about what you might level in the future, getting 5 ppl to redo the fight isn't worth the hassle, i'd rather farm an extra int/mnd ring for mage or get proper rings for pld.

What is best is an opinion. Rajas being irreplaceable while tamas/sattva are easily replaceable is a fact. That's all he was getting at.

If you are a mage only and no matter what happens you won't level a DD then by all means get tamas, otherwise save yourself the hassle of redoing the fight and just get rajas if you ever want to level a DD job.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-21 19:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Siren.Enternius said:
A little late to this thread, but this is a post from last year, before I even leveled PLD (So I wasn't biased):
Siren.Enternius said:
Personally I feel that Rajas is more than twice as good as the other two combined. No matter what you're doing on a mage job, you'll never need both INT and MND. Basically it's just a Snow and Aqua ring combined. The MP and enmity- are a bonus of course, but don't make or break the job. Sattva is of course the best enmity ring, but VIT gets worthless later on and AGI gives a tiny Shield boost, but ultimately unnoticeable. Again, HP is a bonus, but not essential. Hercules Ring and Bomb Queen Ring basically do the same thing, to an extent. In remarkable contrast to the first two, EVERYTHING you do on ANY DD job (And by extension, any meleeing RDMs, or mages in general, and even PLD, to an extent) is improved by both STR and DEX. This will, of course, increase your per-hit damage and accuracy, critical hit rate, and of course, WS mods. If you left it at that, it would still be preferable to the other two, in my opinion. The thing that truly makes Rajas shine is the sTP+5, which is effectively 5% faster TP gain (Give or take). On almost any two-handed-weapon job, you will be /SAM. And in nearly every situation, /SAM leaves you at ~5-10 sTP to bump up your 7-hit build to a 6-hit build. At which point, it's not a 5% increase to TPing speed, it's a 17% increase, as removing one hit drops anywhere from 400 to 500 delay. Any SAM will tell you what a nightmare it is to not have Rajas, as you'll be forced to drop Haste gear in order to get the necessary 6-hit (Or in Polearm/Pachipachio's case, 5hit) build. At this point, Rajas improves your TPing speed at 20% and 25% respectively. I know it's an extreme and that only really goes for one, maybe two or three depending on the weapon, but that makes Rajas essentially a 25% boost to your damage. This, unlike Tamas or Sattva, WILL make or break your performance. Ultimately it's your choice, but I can't ever recommend anything but Rajas to anyone, even if they have no DD jobs past 37.

..... Wow I guess Im crappy player then. Even though my only 2 jobs past level 41 are blm and sch raja still out beats tama's as a ring acording to the quote. All this time I figured I made the right chose of the cop ring I got but almost everyone in this 7 page thead says raja's is the only ring worth using out of the 3 cop rings.... and even if I were to ask if I should change rings to raja's and everyone responded yes I wouldn't do it (thus im a crappy player).

Let me just ask this strat up front does most of the people here think that raja's Is a better ring to get then tamas for mage jobs due to the fact that macros make the tamas ring almost pointless?

If it's any consolation, you'll get more out of Tamas from SCH than any other job.

Darkwiz completley ignored his point. He was saying that tamas and sattva both have macroable replacements. Rajas has NO replacements. If you ever level a DD job they can almost all get a use of rajas and it's going to be hard to do most of them WITHOUT rajas.

Nothing is wrong with tamas if your only a mage, or sattva if you are a pld only, it's just about what you might level in the future, getting 5 ppl to redo the fight isn't worth the hassle, i'd rather farm an extra int/mnd ring for mage or get proper rings for pld.

What is best is an opinion. Rajas being irreplaceable while tamas/sattva are easily replaceable is a fact. That's all he was getting at.

If you are a mage only and no matter what happens you won't level a DD then by all means get tamas, otherwise save yourself the hassle of redoing the fight and just get rajas if you ever want to level a DD job.

Redoing the fight?

I thought you could just drop the ring, have a waiting period, and then simply get the new one.

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-21 19:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's your first time dropping I think you get a new one after JP midnight or something.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-21 19:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is wrong with tamas if your only a mage, or sattva if you are a pld only

No, Sattva is completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE period.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 19:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
If it's your first time dropping I think you get a new one after JP midnight or something.

Yeah they did an update some time after CoP came out where you can do that, before you had to redo fight. It doesn't matter for first dropping then, can get w/e works now then change later. The rest of the points still stand though.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-07-21 20:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

btw to the earlier remark about SAM/NIN Dual Weilding.

Yeah baby yeah! :o

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 20:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:

I would love to dw a gk lol.
but then again, I'm not exactly sure how well it'd work lol.
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-21 20:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
btw to the earlier remark about SAM/NIN Dual Weilding. Yeah baby yeah! :o
I lol'd hard. So does this mean that SAMs not only have 3 hit but do 3k WSs and 6k+ SCs???
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 20:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:

[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-07-21 21:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread makes me rage.
Never should anyone pick satva.
Theres so many rings to replace and and used for each stat thats on it.

Rajas is impossible to replace.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 21:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
This thread makes me rage.
Never should anyone pick satva.
Theres so many rings to replace and and used for each stat thats on it.

I use satva for my war's steel cyclone build. The vit rings are expensive for some reason.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-21 21:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:

*** yeah.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 21:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Odin.Lowblow said:

*** yeah.
+1 QFT
[+]
 Garuda.Darkdoom
Server: Garuda
user: DarkdoomG
By Garuda.Darkdoom 2010-07-21 22:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Odin.Lowblow said:

*** yeah.

That ring is terrible, go away unless you're trollan.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-21 22:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Darkdoom said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Odin.Lowblow said:

*** yeah.

That ring is terrible, go away unless you're trollan.
Obviously, it was sarcasm. I just think it's funny that Rajas is better at LV30 than a new ring at LV76.
By varge 2010-07-21 23:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad acid flashback thread from BG 2004 >_____>
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-22 01:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
So you are saying that a blue berry pld can keep up to a pld spamming atonement in proper TP gear?

that's about what he's saying, yes

incidentally, judging from his comments/equip history, i wouldn't trust his judgment on which paladins in his sky ls had "good" or "bad" gear

ok that's enough gotta go to work :(

And if you want to go there, I will gladly explain everything.

The gear when you click my profile, is my PDT and running around set. Equip history, do you even know what I have augmented on mission gear, etc?

I can also go whip up a couple of item sets just for you to show you how I gear my jobs.

Hi Scruffumz! I'm back from work! I'm looking for your gearsets but your page has everything hidden for some reason! I'm so confused! :-o

ps i know a pdt set when i see one

Phoenix.Avelle
Server: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-07-22 01:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

4. Again, Haste is a meh stat when you think about other factors. Think outside the box, and this will be more clear.
[+]
 Fenrir.Vazerus
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-07-22 01:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Avelle said:
4. Again, Haste is a meh stat when you think about other factors. Think outside the box, and this will be more clear.
What.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-22 01:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Avelle said:

Considering you are wearing Mbody on ur avatar I'll assume you're not trolling. lolz.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-22 01:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Avelle said:
With logic like that, it's a good thing you're not a PLD, you wouldn't last a day.

Oh, wait.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-22 01:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Avelle said:

Considering you are wearing Mbody on ur avatar I'll assume you're not trolling. lolz.

it's a soon to be famous quote from scruffumz lol

as someone else on this thread said

god i wish we had sigs
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-22 01:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Avelle said:

it's a soon to be famous quote from scruffumz lol

as someone else on this thread said

god i wish we had sigs

I would have a sig of my galka character humping jaerik's avatar's face.

Hmmm.... Maybe that's why we don't have sigs. :(
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9