Rajas Vs Sattva?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Rajas Vs Sattva?
Rajas Vs Sattva?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-07-21 13:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I should also add, it says Multipurpose if you click the Item set link.
Leviathan.Tamian said:

I just want decent gear to play the game as I like, for fun and not just to impress others or avoid hearing crap from elitists.

I was just asking for an opinion, not a judgement.

Peace!

Another reason why I don't like this game. 90% of the players, are judgmental ***. But I guess you gotta deal with them, and be prepared to have one question, go into a huge argument/discussion. :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-21 13:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:

Then saying he doesn't have time to get all the other things. That says he's a player who has other things he does in life, or maybe in game, and camping NMs is not his thing. Or getting gil is not his thing either. Which just puts up a banner saying "I'm going for Sattva" Which in his case, will most likely benefit HIM.

Are you spying on me lol?? That could not be more accurate.

About the Organics comment... the thing I do the most in this game is Campaign Battle, so with all the damn DD out there I can't just go with a Macuahuitl +1 and expect to hold hate, do decent damage and get good exp. Some could use this comment to say that Rajas would work better in campaign battle, but again, I guess I am "old school" and like to take little damage and hold hate on a regular basis outside campaign.

I just want decent gear to play the game as I like, for fun and not just to impress others or avoid hearing crap from elitists.

Peace!
Patronus Ring comes from Campaign, which you already do. Jelly Ring comes from a short repop lotto NM that is soloable by PLD and it's a guaranteed drop. Both beat the piss out of Sattva for damage mitigation. There's also Succor Ring and the augmented Dark Rings.

If you want decent gear, get Rajas.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-21 13:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Well I should also add, it says Multipurpose if you click the Item set link.
Doesn't make it in any way better for anything except town gear. Now if that was a Soboro/OAT and set up for soloing, you'd have an argument as the mix of stats is useful in that situation.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-21 13:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:

Then saying he doesn't have time to get all the other things. That says he's a player who has other things he does in life, or maybe in game, and camping NMs is not his thing. Or getting gil is not his thing either. Which just puts up a banner saying "I'm going for Sattva" Which in his case, will most likely benefit HIM.

Are you spying on me lol?? That could not be more accurate.

About the Organics comment... the thing I do the most in this game is Campaign Battle, so with all the damn DD out there I can't just go with a Macuahuitl +1 and expect to hold hate, do decent damage and get good exp. Some could use this comment to say that Rajas would work better in campaign battle, but again, I guess I am "old school" and like to take little damage and hold hate on a regular basis outside campaign.

Peace!

if you are "defense/enmity focused," like you said earlier, you are not going to be taking little damage and you are not going to be holding hate against anyone worthwhile

quite the opposite, in fact

[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-21 13:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to be mediocre and lazy, get sattva.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-21 13:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Turtle builds die around level 50ish or so for PLD eh?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 13:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I gave on PLD. You need too much ***to even be a slightly good pld lol.

Now if pld ever got a JA they could keep on permanently, and made them get major PDT- from VIT and DEF I'd be more inclined to play the job.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-21 13:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:

well, it's still nice to have an oshit set for when shadows go down no matter what the level

but yeah, that's around when turtling begins to stop working
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-21 14:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Svatta has a nice combo of hp and enmity but it's a pretty minor gain with new gear that is available.

Tamas just saves 1-2 inventory with a bonus of some mp on it as well but there are +6 rings now and there are very few situations where mnd and int are both modifiers ie sanguine blade and some blu spells.

Rajas is still uncontested even if you can get a + 6 of either or, you cannot get a +6 on both and even if you did it would not replace rajas as the STP is essential in most hit builds so rajas would still be your tp ring. Rajas has a combination of the best stats you can use for anything where you hit stuff, particularly since it's easy to get acc in other places. Granted, it's far better for 2handers than single hand weapons.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-21 14:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
This is why I gave on PLD. You need too much ***to even be a slightly good pld lol.

tell me about it ;_;

i could choke auro for telling me to make paladin my first 75 because, "it gets lots of invites"

though, the perle set made it a lot easier to go from zero to semi respectable in 2-3ish months for new, well-informed players
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-21 14:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

well, it's still nice to have an oshit set for when shadows go down no matter what the level

but yeah, that's around when turtling begins to stop working

It's a shame too that PLDs have to resort to DDing to keep up with everyone, unless of course you're kiting.

But I just wish that blood tanking would work better in general.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-21 14:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A well geared PLD/RDM can turtle at 75 easy, now with cap being 80, I am sure PLD/WAR can do it better (Aegis,Optimal PDT gear is 100% a need)
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-07-21 14:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

The way people play this game, it's the same way for a lot of jobs to some people.

I could probably run around as a purple PLD and be the best PLD ever. Gear doesn't make someone a good PLD.
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
Another reason why I don't like this game. 90% of the players, are judgmental ***.

And yet you are also judging people by saying they are elitists.

Afk ironing my shirt.

Who did I call an elitist? I believe I said I avoid elitists.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-21 14:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
For a career PLD which one is more convenient? I don't plan to level many DD jobs, I have SAM79 and will end DRG but that's it.

Rajas, Rajas, Rajas.

Seriously, the benefits that your PLD, your SAM, and your DRG will get by having Rajas are by far greater than anything your PLD could ever get with simply having Sattva.

I'm not trying to be mean, but learning to properly gear swap will do wonders for your PLD... and will help you a lot !
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Patronus Ring comes from Campaign, which you already do. Jelly Ring comes from a short repop lotto NM that is soloable by PLD and it's a guaranteed drop. Both beat the piss out of Sattva for damage mitigation. There's also Succor Ring and the augmented Dark Rings.

If you want decent gear, get Rajas.

Also, This ^
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-21 14:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

The way people play this game, it's the same way for a lot of jobs to some people.

I could probably run around as a purple PLD and be the best PLD ever. Gear doesn't make someone a good PLD.

I've tanked DI in 5/5 Purple just to prove that point, fact of the matter is, it wasn't nearly as efficient as it could of been on support and DD.... Macros separate good players from bad, not necessarily gear...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-21 14:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

no. no you absolutely could not.

A. good gear doesn't make a bad player good, but completely confused/wtf gear can make what would be a good player bad

B. knowing what gear to use and understanding when and why you need to use it is all part and parcel of being skillful. if you don't have any concept of when to use flash/ni/ichi/fire resist/magic defense/oshit/tp/enmity/idle-refresh/kite sets, than you can claim to be skillful all you want, but the truth is you have no idea what you are doing
[+]
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-07-21 14:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I've tanked DI in 5/5 Purple just to prove that point, fact of the matter is, it wasn't nearly as efficient as it could of been on support and DD.... Macros separate good players from bad, not necessarily gear...

Well, nobody here knows if he uses macros or not.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-21 14:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

A little late to this thread, but this is a post from last year, before I even leveled PLD (So I wasn't biased):
Siren.Enternius said:
Personally I feel that Rajas is more than twice as good as the other two combined.

No matter what you're doing on a mage job, you'll never need both INT and MND. Basically it's just a Snow and Aqua ring combined. The MP and enmity- are a bonus of course, but don't make or break the job.

Sattva is of course the best enmity ring, but VIT gets worthless later on and AGI gives a tiny Shield boost, but ultimately unnoticeable. Again, HP is a bonus, but not essential. Hercules Ring and Bomb Queen Ring basically do the same thing, to an extent.

In remarkable contrast to the first two, EVERYTHING you do on ANY DD job (And by extension, any meleeing RDMs, or mages in general, and even PLD, to an extent) is improved by both STR and DEX. This will, of course, increase your per-hit damage and accuracy, critical hit rate, and of course, WS mods. If you left it at that, it would still be preferable to the other two, in my opinion.

The thing that truly makes Rajas shine is the sTP+5, which is effectively 5% faster TP gain (Give or take). On almost any two-handed-weapon job, you will be /SAM. And in nearly every situation, /SAM leaves you at ~5-10 sTP to bump up your 7-hit build to a 6-hit build. At which point, it's not a 5% increase to TPing speed, it's a 17% increase, as removing one hit drops anywhere from 400 to 500 delay.

Any SAM will tell you what a nightmare it is to not have Rajas, as you'll be forced to drop Haste gear in order to get the necessary 6-hit (Or in Polearm/Pachipachio's case, 5hit) build. At this point, Rajas improves your TPing speed at 20% and 25% respectively.

I know it's an extreme and that only really goes for one, maybe two or three depending on the weapon, but that makes Rajas essentially a 25% boost to your damage. This, unlike Tamas or Sattva, WILL make or break your performance.

Ultimately it's your choice, but I can't ever recommend anything but Rajas to anyone, even if they have no DD jobs past 37.
 Phoenix.Avelle
Server: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-07-21 14:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason I could see keeping Sattva at this point is for potentially using it as a cure cheat piece. If you have any useful DD jobs you shouldn't even think about keeping it over Rajas.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-21 14:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Macros separate good players from bad, not necessarily gear...

This is so true. If you don't do macros and gear swaps properly, you are at such a disadvantage in comparison to someone who actually does this properly.

Proper and better use of macros and gear swaps is what really makes a player even better.
 Phoenix.Avelle
Server: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-07-21 14:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

While skill is almost always the single biggest factor in doing a good job, proper gear setups are huge as well.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-21 14:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Well, nobody here knows if he uses macros or not.

the fact that he said he was "defense/enmity-focused" earlier in the thread gave it away.

if you have a full understanding of macroes and how to use them, you are going to understand that you don't need to "focus" on anything because you can have it all.

it's just like how you would know a SAM fulltimed his gear if he told you he "focused" on STR gear
[+]
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-07-21 14:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

A. good gear doesn't make a bad player good, but completely confused/wtf gear can make what would be a good player bad

B. knowing what gear to use and understanding when and why you need to use it is all part and parcel of being skillful. if you don't have any concept of when to use flash/ni/ichi/fire resist/magic defense/oshit/tp/enmity/idle-refresh/kite sets, than you can claim to be skillful all you want, but the truth is you have no idea what you are doing

By Best PLD ever, I'm saying that I know my job, know how to hold hate etc. I had a PLD and NIN in my sky ls who had gear that some people would say is "terrible". But they were actually some of our best tanks. And the people with above average gear would never line up, etc, things that caused them to die.

Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-21 14:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

By Best PLD ever, I'm saying that I know my job, know how to hold hate etc. I had a PLD and NIN in my sky ls who had gear that some people would say is "terrible". But they were actually some of our best tanks. And the people with above average gear would never line up, etc, things that caused them to die.

Is where skill comes into play, but give those badly equipped tanks better equipment and they WILL do their job more efficiently, they wont become worse at tanking
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 14:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing how to gear is part of the skill for pld.

Gearing incorrectly makes you a bad pld imo.

(Note, not Gimp, INCORRECTLY)
[+]
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-07-21 14:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

the fact that he said he was "defense/enmity-focused" earlier in the thread gave it away.

it's just like how you would know a SAM fulltimed his gear if he told you he "focused" on STR gear

I focus on Attack and accuracy on my polearm sam, I focus on DEX on my warrior. Do you know WHEN I use those stats?

Again, people judging things.
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-07-21 14:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Is where skill comes into play, but give those badly equipped tanks better equipment and they WILL do their job more efficiently, they wont become worse at tanking

Yes.
Shiva.Flionheart said:

No.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 14:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Yes.
Shiva.Flionheart said:

No.

I guess that's opinion. I'd far prefer a tank who knows what gear to use and when, over one who uses blurple gear full time even if he was slightly less skilled in game.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9