Phalanx new PLD spell
 Diabolos.Fattynoob
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: xprophetx
By Diabolos.Fattynoob 2010-06-26 11:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

rofl.
/war is the best for when you are not solo.
/nin is for the situations where you dont compete for hate so much or dont know how to use defender + defense merits + defense gear.

/nin cant keep the hate off a full merited sam, rng, mnk or war. So if you like to be a half assed PLD yes, /nin is for you. me? ill die b4 my allies like im supposed to, and go /war.

Phalanx is way too powerful for 66PLD. Using it now @ 77+ i take 0-10 dmg when blocking with my shield versus a 'Tough' mob. Phalanx + Sentinel is like a mini invincible now.

I must say it is very nice to be able to solo exp chains on PLD finally. Learned that while re-maxxing my 80 sword/shield.

-Cheers from a 100% PLD.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-26 11:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-06-26 11:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

sentinel + af2 shoes was already a mini invinc?
 Diabolos.Fattynoob
Server: Diabolos
user: xprophetx
By Diabolos.Fattynoob 2010-06-26 11:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

get outta here talkin about TP on a PLD. If thats how you PLD i bet you fail @ hate management. Each time u attack those enmity #'s are used. Each time u cure, they are again used and added. Your concern as PLD is not dmg output. go lvl War :)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kireime
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kireina
By Quetzalcoatl.Kireime 2010-06-26 11:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Fattynoob said:
get outta here talkin about TP on a PLD. If thats how you PLD i bet you fail @ hate management. Each time u attack those enmity #'s are used. Each time u cure, they are again used and added. Your concern as PLD is not dmg output. go lvl War :)

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe I sense a troll in our amidst.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-26 12:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fatty u do know for pld/nin situations there are things called Thfs and DDs that go /thf

if u go /war and die before your friends, they might die right after you drop

/war is pretty much bad for non exp partys
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-27 03:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD/WAR is useless period, if you seriously NEED voke to keep hate then your a shitty PLD and need to play a different job.

Past 75 /war is dead and a useless damn sub job, and lol@Defender statement, do you honestly think defender is going to save you from anything that matters? There is a reason PLD sub /NIN its more efficient on hate and survivability. The only worthwhile form of damage mitigation in this game is -PDT, VIT and Defense are not going to save you from ***. The only time I do /WAR on PLD is in dynamis and ive been one shotted more times than I can count wearing gear that puts your lolVITDefense to Shame.

I would just LOVE to see a PLD/WAR try to blood tank Ixion or Timmy would be a good laugh.

Fatty until you have some experience under you belt tanking anything that matters then you can put your opinion on things on the forum kthxbai~

XP Mobs, Campaign and Dynamis dont count btw thats just laughable~
[+]
 Asura.Aeinaitch
Server: Asura
user: Detsurin
By Asura.Aeinaitch 2010-06-27 03:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I tank Timmy with /WAR all the time.........What? That's not normal?
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-27 04:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

*Tiamat Readies Mighty Strikes >>> Double Attack

Aeinaitch Falls to the ground.

Unless your sporting Aegis/burtgang/Dring/Valhalla I find that very unlikley, not something your average PLD can do.

Ive watched a PLD on my server trio and Straight Tank Byakko /WAR with the gear I mentioned and made his Claw Cyclone look like a joke, by no means can an average PLD do that without getting one shotted.

PLD/WAR is possible but without exceptional gear your average PLD is going to hit the ground and fast.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-27 04:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a main reason why rdm was nerfed so bad
 Valefor.Flodrop
Server: Valefor
user: Flodrop
By Valefor.Flodrop 2010-06-27 05:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets stop this talk about /war only. Most plds know you can not be narrow minded on one sub job. If i see a pld talking that they will never use /nin then i know they have not done much endgame.

Not sure about you guys but feels like i am too buff now with phalanx and the new job traits we got. Like it is broken or something
[+]
 Fairy.Rorrick
Server: Fairy
user: Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-06-27 23:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
The Block rate depends on your Skill vs the Mobs Level, as our skill gets higher so will the mobs we are fightings levels.

To completley disregard shield skill is one of the stupidest things ive seen.

Yeah but your chance of blocking caps at 65%. You'll never block 100% of the time (barring the use of a Sipar, but if you use one of those I don't know what to tell you), so once you hit that threshold stacking more shield skill gear is pointless.

Like I said, you'll be hard pressed to cap on most things in endgame, so wear whatever you've got.

I'm not quite sure you understood that I was agreeing with you.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-28 04:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The second sentance wasnt directed towards you~
 Phoenix.Asharah
Server: Phoenix
user: Asharah
By Phoenix.Asharah 2010-06-28 04:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
*Tiamat Readies Mighty Strikes >>> Double Attack

Aeinaitch Falls to the ground.

Unless your sporting Aegis/burtgang/Dring/Valhalla I find that very unlikley, not something your average PLD can do.

Ive watched a PLD on my server trio and Straight Tank Byakko /WAR with the gear I mentioned and made his Claw Cyclone look like a joke, by no means can an average PLD do that without getting one shotted.

PLD/WAR is possible but without exceptional gear your average PLD is going to hit the ground and fast.

You must have started playing ToAU Era because until later /WAR was the ONLY subjob any PLD ever used to use. Whipper Snappers these days Amaze me D: i wouldnt use /WAR anymore myself but yeah lol pld with shitty gear before anyone had good gear did it /WAR all the time so alot of what your saying is actually pretty inaccurate lol.

Just throwing this out there, if you did play way back when then you should know otherwise think before you type.

EDIT: Well my account says im /WAR now but ive been doing Magian Trials and what not HAHA >_>;
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-28 06:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been playing since NA Release and if you want to go back that far ill remind you of the Era of the Ninja where PLD were not tanks~

Back then using PLD tanks required having Tank rotations and other bullcrap that just isnt necessary, its why nobody wanted PLD tanks because NIN did it better with shadows.

If the Shield Mastery update was not released you would still see NINs as the main tanks in FFXI.
[+]
 Phoenix.Asharah
Server: Phoenix
user: Asharah
By Phoenix.Asharah 2010-06-28 06:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Touche.

I will concede. I Actually almost forgot about the NIN era its been so long lol.
 Odin.Eirwen
Server: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2010-06-28 06:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Subjob still stays situational, be it /WAR, /NIN, /RDM or /DNC. And we all have our personal preferences, matching with how we eventually play. Blink tanking just doesn't suit how certain people play. LIVE WITH THAT and keep your ego behind your shadows!

Now... this thread was about Phalanx, right?
A very nice touch! Won't beat Stoneskin/Phalanx on /RDM, but sure raises survivability.
 Bahamut.Aretumis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aretumis
By Bahamut.Aretumis 2010-06-29 17:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eirwen said:
Subjob still stays situational, be it /WAR, /NIN, /RDM or /DNC. And we all have our personal preferences, matching with how we eventually play. Blink tanking just doesn't suit how certain people play. LIVE WITH THAT and keep your ego behind your shadows!

Now... this thread was about Phalanx, right?
A very nice touch! Won't beat Stoneskin/Phalanx on /RDM, but sure raises survivability.

Don't forget /WHM now!